What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Advice For Flex Spot-Ford, Charbonnet, Mixon, Marquise Brown (1 Viewer)

uh oh hot dog

Footballguy
8 man PPR league with 1 qb, 2 rbs, 2wrs, 2 flex (te, wr,rb) defense and kicker. My team consists of:

K Murray
J Mixon, J. Jacobs, J. Taylor, K Williams, J Ford, R Stevenson, Z. Charbonnet
S Diggs, D Adams, J Waddle, Nico Collins, M. Brown, C Watson,
Cowboys. Cleveland
Moss
Currently in 1st place with a record of 7-4-1

I need to fill one of two flex spots and here are my thoughts
. Ford- Playing against the Rams who are pretty stout against the run. He also has to contend with Hunt
. Mixon- 16 rushing yards last week against the 49ers and Jacksonville is better at stopping the run then the 49ers
. Charbonnet- Seattle will get behind in hurry and may abandon the run for the passing game
. Brown- Steelers give up the 9th most passing yards and Kyler and Brown hooked up often last week

I'm leaning towards Ford but I may sit Mixon in which case I need to decide between Charbonnet or Hollywood Brown.

Your thoughts would be much appreciated. And I will more than happy to take a look at your line up as well.

Caveat: 8 team leagues are a complete crap shoot. You have to really find the guys that are going to hit their ceiling to have a chance to win. I see it like this:

• Ford: He has been solid for many weeks but this week is probably not a ceiling play. So he probably sits.
  • Mixon: Yes he wasn't great last week. But I could see him being leaned on which leads to volume so he is a consideration
  • Charbonnet: Only if Walker is out for sure would he be a consideration and he didn't show well last week
  • Brown: He is a ceiling play. He would be in the lineup

*Who are you starting at the two RB spots between Williams, Moss, & Stevenson. I likely have all three in my lineup. But then who are you starting at the two WR spots between Waddle, Collins, & Watson? I likely start those three as well. That means I wouldn't have any of those flex options in consideration.

Caveat: 8 team leagues are a complete crap shoot. You have to really find the guys that are going to hit their ceiling to have a chance to win. I see it like this:

• Ford: He has been solid for many weeks but this week is probably not a ceiling play. So he probably sits.
  • Mixon: Yes he wasn't great last week. But I could see him being leaned on which leads to volume so he is a consideration
  • Charbonnet: Only if Walker is out for sure would he be a consideration and he didn't show well last week
  • Brown: He is a ceiling play. He would be in the lineup

*Who are you starting at the two RB spots between Williams, Moss, & Stevenson. I likely have all three in my lineup. But then who are you starting at the two WR spots between Waddle, Collins, & Watson? I likely start those three as well. That means I wouldn't have any of those flex options in consideration.

I actually mis-printed I should have said Sanders as my kicker not Moss. My bad. My line up now has Stevenson and Williams as my starting RBs and Waddle and Nico as my starting WRs

I actually mis-printed I should have said Sanders as my kicker not Moss. My bad. My line up now has Stevenson and Williams as my starting RBs and Waddle and Nico as my starting WRs
Then I would go with Watson and Brown as my two ceiling plays.

Users who are viewing this thread