What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Willie Brown passes away at age 78 (1 Viewer)

Yogibear

Footballguy
I hate to do this, but I have some sad news for longtime Raiders fans: Super Bowl XI hero Willie Brown passed away today at age 78.  He is considered one of the greatest defensive backs of all-time, and was voted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 1984.  But, like I said, he's more known for his 75-yard interception return for a touchdown against the Vikings in Super Bowl XI.  Other than that moment, what will you remember most about Willie Brown?

I hate to do this, but I have some sad news for longtime Raiders fans: Super Bowl XI hero Willie Brown passed away today at age 78.  He is considered one of the greatest defensive backs of all-time, and was voted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 1984.  But, like I said, he's more known for his 75-yard interception return for a touchdown against the Vikings in Super Bowl XI.  Other than that moment, what will you remember most about Willie Brown?
If I'm not mistaken, he has that video slo-mo of that pick in a head-on shot from NFL Films. I hope I have the right guy on that, but that's what I'll remember. RIP.

Last edited by a moderator:
 way back when he was known as old man Willie Brown.  Great football player.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really sad -- was an anchor of our late 60s-70s defense and captained the squad. Many memorable moments in his career, least of which was that superb (and record-breaking at the time) 75 yard INT in the fourth quarter of Superbowl XI that really put the nail in Tarkenton and the Vikings' coffin.

In the "once a Raider, always a Raider" ethos of our team, he was also a key member of our coaching and developing staff up to the day he died. 

RIP, Old Man Willie.

Really sad -- was an anchor of our late 60s-70s defense and captained the squad. Many memorable moments in his career, least of which was that superb (and record-breaking at the time) 75 yard INT in the fourth quarter of Superbowl XI that really put the nail in Tarkenton and the Vikings' coffin.

In the "once a Raider, always a Raider" ethos of our team, he was also a key member of our coaching and developing staff up to the day he died. 

RIP, Old Man Willie.
Sad day.  That INT has always been one of my favorite Raider plays.   

Users who are viewing this thread