What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FY2020 Government Budget approved. $1.4 billion (1 Viewer)

House plans vote to stave off shutdown this month

The House will pass a stopgap spending measure the week of Nov. 18, hoping to thwart a government shutdown later that week, House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer said Friday.

“I remain hopeful that we can finish our work and fully fund the government before the end of the year,” the Maryland Democrat wrote, echoing House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell's goal of passing all 12 spending bills by Dec. 31, a deadline top appropriators have acknowledged is an ambitious target.

The White House has indicated that President Donald Trump will sign a continuing resolution as long as it does not impose new limits on border wall funding.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't help but imagine the headway we'd make if Trump hadn't gone and gotten accused of abusing power, then doubling down by outright asking for it from a different country in front of God and everybody. Granted, Trump(and to a lesser extent, Congress) would still throw a fit, accusing each other of shady practices, but I'm trying to find the silver lining here, people.

Will the Senate refuse to fund the government until the Dems in the House drop the impeachment inquiry?

Missed a paycheck last year and not looking forward to it ever happening again. Yeah, it eventually got paid to me but it makes me sick to my stomach that it happened at all. 

House votes to avoid government shutdown for a month, sending funding bill to Senate

The bill would fund the government at current levels through Dec. 20. The chamber passed it by a 231-192 margin. Only 12 Republicans supported the measure.

The legislation now heads to the Senate. Mitch McConnell, Senate majority leader, said Monday that the White House indicated President Donald Trump would support a plan to keep the government running through Dec. 20. The president's backing suggests the GOP-held Senate will pass the measure.

Only 12 house Republicans pass the bill?  Article doesn't say what the 192 didn't like about it.  

Has the question “how do we continually end up in this situation?” ever been answered?  It has to be at the top of the list of “most inefficient and ineffective governmental methods/actions”

Has the question “how do we continually end up in this situation?” ever been answered?  It has to be at the top of the list of “most inefficient and ineffective governmental methods/actions”
Only inefficient and ineffective answers like "It's ________ fault".  

Prior to the new FY, I'd like to lock up House, Senate and WH staff in a room and say you can't come out until you have a deal.  And also feed Swalwell a bunch of beans, give Jordan some energy drinks and live stream it for the public to watch.  

House votes to avoid government shutdown for a month, sending funding bill to Senate

The bill would fund the government at current levels through Dec. 20. The chamber passed it by a 231-192 margin. Only 12 Republicans supported the measure.

The legislation now heads to the Senate. Mitch McConnell, Senate majority leader, said Monday that the White House indicated President Donald Trump would support a plan to keep the government running through Dec. 20. The president's backing suggests the GOP-held Senate will pass the measure.

Only 12 house Republicans pass the bill?  Article doesn't say what the 192 didn't like about it.  
my guess is that they assume it is going to pass anyway and want to point to some dumb thing to their constituents in the future.  

What have the rumors been about whether Trump will sign?
Earlier this week there were claims that if the Senate passes trump will sign.  Might have been in one of the other articles posted.    

CNBC on 11/19:  The legislation now heads to the Senate. Mitch McConnell, Senate majority leader, said Monday that the White House indicated President Donald Trump would support a plan to keep the government running through Dec. 20. The president’s backing suggests the GOP-held Senate will pass the measure.

Users who are viewing this thread