What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tough Drop decision for Alexander Mattison (1 Viewer)

sho nuff

Footballguy
Mattison has remain untouched in my league.  Im not sure why after looking at some of the benches of the others in this league.  For me its much harder as I have built great depth all year long.

QB:   Russel Wilson, Jameis Winston (obviously after this week I can drop Jameis if I want to and probably be just fine the rest of the year...but he is a solid backup to have)

RB:   James Conner, Chris Carson, Phillip Lindsay, Miles Sanders

WR:  Davante Adams, Keenan Allen, DJ Moore, DJ Chark, Calvin Ridley

TE:  Darren Waller

K:  Lutz

D 49ers and Patriots

Yeah...I am not carrying 2 defenses as well...when NE came up due to bye week issues for a team, I had a chance and grabbed them...especially seeing Cin, Buf, Miami to finish the year.  It will be hard to make decisions each week and trades are next to impossible in our league.  But Id rather have both then let one of the other top teams grab one of them and beat me with D.

I think it comes down to wait til after this week and chance it with 1 QB the rest of the year...or just cutting bait on Ridley as he just can't be counted on.  

Any thoughts?

How many WR's can you start?  I have no problem dropping Ridley because you probably would never play him but he has more value to a fringe team that may need a usable flex play over Mattison.  

Since you don't have Cook, Mattison is just a high upside bench stash.  It isn't really protection for you so not a must have.  For me I would ditch the defense but I don't know the defensive scoring in your league.  In mine they are similar unless you get a TD or two out of the defense.  I would rather have more lotto tickets at RB or WR than keep a second defense - although I understand why you think you should.

Bottom line is it probably doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things.  If you want to keep the second defense I wouldn't have a problem dropping Ridley. 

A couple of thoughts:

1.  If you think Mattison will last through the weekend, just wait and drop Jameis.

2.  I like Mattison as a lottery ticket.  He's Larry Johnson to Dalvin Cook's Priest Holmes if you remember those years.

3.  Agree with Gally that I'd be fine dropping Ridley.  I doubt you're going to start him given the rest of your team...

4.  I would not drop one of those defenses.  I'm sure it's no fun picking between the two, but holding both gives you a competitive edge over your competition in a scenario where your bench doesn't appear to be hurting.  Frankly, I'd try to trade one as part of a package deal, but it sounds like that ain't gonna happen.

Flip a coin and make a call.

I think the benefit of holding onto both DEF is that they can't be used by a competitor to beat you. Rather than picking up a lottery ticket player like Mattison. You're keeping a high scoring DEF out of the hands of an opponent. Sometimes that's a good move as well.   Yeah you could drop Jameis.  In 1 QB leagues I think it makes sense but having him available in case of an injury or something is great.  Have all of your insurance players lined up. 

Conner, Carson, Lindsay, Sanders. is Mattison outscoring them? Is this  a keeper league or are you just trying to win 2019?  Tony Pollard is also a talented backup.  In case of Leonard Fournette Injury check out Ryquel Armstead.  Which dude is playing with burst etc? 

Conner is banged up.  Carson BYE.  I agree that with others  Ridley is expendable but is this for RB insurance?  He's got some tough machups. SF week 14. NO again. Falcons usually have garbage time passing because they're trailing. If they win...like they did. It's not there.  Maybe Brian Hill is the pick up.  I dunno. I like Mattison more than Hill. Hi'll get more carries than Mattison. 

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/781962-dynasty-2qb-targets-drops-pettis-c-kelly/

Users who are viewing this thread