What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bye week predicament at TE (1 Viewer)

Eat the bye or make a move?

• Eat the empty roster slot. Howard isn't worth it, and Engram should be back.

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Add Howard. Drop Hooper and hope you can pick him back up.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Add Howard. Drop someone else, maybe Jamal Williams?

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

Thimblerig

Footballguy
I'm in a 12-team, full PPR league, 6 points per passing touchdowns with the following roster requirements: QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, K, Def.  In relevant part, here's my lineup:

QB (1): Wentz, Ryan

RB: (2-3) Zeke, Aaron Jones, D. Henry, K. Drake, Jamal Williams

WR:  (2-3) Evans, Lockett, Marvin, D. Westbrook

TE:  (1) Engram, Hooper

Def:  49ers

K:  Tucker

I'm in first place, tied for the best record, leading the league in points by a fair margin.  I'm already in the playoffs, and should fare well.  This week, though, I'm not going to be able field a complete starting lineup -- I have a hole at TE with injuries and byes.

Question:  should I pick up O.J. Howard, dropping Austin Hooper (out for a month) or Jamal Williams?  Or should I just eat the empty slot, hope I win, and play for the rest of the season?  (Note:  I decided not to bid of Jared Cook, dropping Jamal Williams or Westbrook, because I view both as having more value than Cook.  He's no longer available, though, and the best TE that's out there is Howard and Hollister.)

My point of view:  Eat the bye.  There's a reasonable chance I'll lose out on Hooper if I drop him, and Jamal Williams, on his own terms, is worth a fair bit, and worth a ton if Jones goes down (especially given that I have Jones).  Howard has been meh, and while I'd probably make the move for Jared Cook now that I know that Hooper is out for a month, and not a couple of weeks, it's too late for that.  If Engram is out next week, I'll probably regret sitting in my hands, but given that I'm facing a roster starting Brees, Dalvin, Fournette, and Melvin Gordon (with the rest just dreck), I probably won't win anyway...

If you reply to mine, I'll hit yours.

Last edited by a moderator:
You've thought this through. So I agree with you mostly, but I would consider dropping Engram and picking up Howard. If you don't do that, eat the bye.

Users who are viewing this thread