What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mt Rushmore of 2010s movies (1 Viewer)

JB Breakfast Club

Footballguy
Top 4 movies of the concluding decade. Whatcha got? Mine: 

4. Joker

3. The World's End (Simon Pegg movie)

2. Blade Runner 2049

1. Fury Road 

Last edited by a moderator:
1.  Edge of Tomorrow

2.  Drive

3.  Lincoln

4.  Dallas Buyer's Club

5.  The Martian

Honorable Mentions

Arrival

Zero Dark Thirty

The Irishman

Ex Machina

First Man

Whiplash

Free Solo

Jon Wick

The Social Network

1. Arrival

2. Inside Out

3. Lincoln

4. Her

Honorable Mentions: Inception, A Quiet Place, Marvel's Endgame, Eighth Grade, X-Men: Days of Future Past, Booksmart, The Hate You Give, War for the Planet of the Apes, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse, Winter's Bone

I think Social Network and Her are locks (for importance). They were so prescient and really speak to this decade.

Inception 

Avengers: Infinity War

Rogue One

Edge of Tomorrow/Live, Die, Repeat

There's about a dozen movies that could take that last spot - Into the Spider-Verse, John Wick, Mission Impossible, Planet of the Apes trilogy, The Social Network,  Apollo 11, They Shall Not Grow Old, Free Solo, Ex Machina, Wonder Woman, X-Men: DOFP

It was a great decade for SciFi/Fantasy, animation, and good for action. Not great for the type of thoughtful movies I like - I'm not woke enough for this decade's "idea" movies.

The Imitation Game

Lady Bird

My Name is Dolemite

Lincoln

Lincoln is not a great movie but it edges Social Network, Grand Budapest Hotel, Her, Winter's Bone & others out because it houses one of the great performances in cinema history and, well, he's already up there.

ETA: Oh #### - Gravity was the best experience this spacerace kid ever had in a movie theater & i forgot it. Not a great movie and i ain't tearing down an edifice i spent decades of seconds constructing, so....

Andy Dufresne said:
Inception 

Rogue One

There's about a dozen movies that could take that last spot - Into the Spider-Verse, John Wick, Mission Impossible, Planet of the Apes trilogy, The Social Network,  Apollo 11, They Shall Not Grow Old, Free Solo, Ex Machina, Wonder Woman, X-Men: DOFP

It was a great decade for SciFi/Fantasy, animation, and good for action. Not great for the type of thoughtful movies I like - I'm not woke enough for this decade's "idea" movies.
Not sure what that last part means, but I think it was a great decade for movies on all fronts.  

ETA:  I also find it interesting that Infinity War is the Marvel movie you picked of the bunch.  

Ilov80s said:
Favorites

Social Network

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

Dunkirk

Her

Most significant 

Social Network

Her

Moonlight

Frances Ha
I love the separation of the lists, and love that Dunkirk got some kudos here.  We really need more movies like that in the summer months.  I'm a fanboy, and would just like to have a Nolan movie every summer, even if I don't love them (Interstellar).  

Dunkirk

Brooklyn

Argo

Silver Linings Playbook

Overall a fairly weak decade, but 2012 was the exception, it was great.

Andy Dufresne said:
Inception 

Rogue One

Love this list.. :thumbup:

I’ve got a handful of contenders that I still need to watch, but here’s my take...

Beasts of the Southern Wild

The Artist

Her

Spotlight

Sicario

Avengers

Zero Dark Thirty

Martian 

Inception

*There are a couple animated movies which were pure fun from start to finish.

Really a mediocre decade for movies

The Grand Budapest Hotel

Inception

Drive

Mad Max Fury  Road

HM/ Snowpiercer, Winter's Bone , Dunkirk ,Isle of Dogs,John Wick

Like seeing Whiplash on some lists.  That was right on the edge, as was Nightcrawler and Before Midnight.  

Happy for the lack of love for Boyhood too.  

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri

Wolf of Wall Street

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

The Martian

Honorable Mentions to Sicario, Death of Stalin, and Winters Bone.

Probably forgetting something obvious. All picks subject to change except for Three Billboards. Best movie of this decade IMO.

My top 4

Inception

Infinity War

Deadpool

Mad Max

Im probably forgetting an obvious one but those are the 4 that come to mind right away for me. 

End game - the capstone of the best franchise in recent memory

Harry Potter and the deathly hallows 2 - another that makes it largely on the strength of the franchise

Frozen - I won't lie, I've seen this at least in parts more than any other movie (thanks to my daughter, but I do like it)

Sicario - #4 was tough. But wanted something with current events. Ask me again and I might change to American sniper or others. 

Users who are viewing this thread