What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2020 Philadelphia Eagles Thread* Humanity will never recover from the most horrible event to happen in the last 100 years: Doug Pederson pla (1 Viewer)

I’m not sore at all. But if you’re going to say something about a guy be right about it. You keep moving the goalposts of your argument over and over and over. So you want to go ahead and site college competition right? Now show your work. 

I can do it for you. There’s simply no correlation to college competition equaling a players ability to play at the professional level. 

If you want to argue his tape, or even highlight reels go ahead. Again, show me. He can’t catch right?? I’ve shown videos of contested, tough, “big guy”catches from him. “He only ran a 4.whatever”...what’s his tape look like?

Loon at his build. Solid. Look at his other measurables. Great. 

Im not saying this is Moss, we’ll see what he ends up being. But as it stands today we got (IMO) a top WR. Does it sting that we could have had Lamb? Damn right. But this is the next best thing IMO. 
I don't show highlight reels because the only stuff in there is the good stuff. again give me a link or something to a full game. What was his best games IYHO we can watch. I've yet to see one highlight tape in my life where there were negative plays put in. 

I didn't even want either of these guys. I wanted one of the Tide WRs or Jefferson. Why? Played against incredible competitive defenses, successful college careers, champions, great guys, very good skills, and all three had different traits I liked in WRs. JJ has the ability to play inside or outside played more Inside this year to get the two freshman on the field. Ruggs is a speed demon and we need speed but he's also a good route runner. Jerry Jeudy is a nice big body WR. Has a lot of traits similar to former Tide WR Julio Jones has. 

Dude are you for real?  Damn, I'm pretty sure your fellow Cowboys fans on this board would put you on blast if they read everything you were writing. 
I don't frequent the Cowboys thread that much but besides the usual suspects it I know a few who'd blast him. I know if G-King came in here right now he'd be reading this clown the riot act. 

a strong pre-draft rumour was that New Orleans was in love with Raegor. how true that is, who knows, but if there is legitimacy to it maybe they thought they didn't have much choice. 
We'll never know. I mean at the end of the day, this all comes down to how they perform. I mean tons of 2nd round WRs outperform 1st round WRs and people forget all this. I probably get too hung up on value, I just think the franchises who are constantly the most well run are usually good at maximizing value almost more than player evaluation. Since the draft seems like a crap shoot, I come from either take the surest thing or get as many lottery tickets. 

I didn't love the Reagor pick but it does fit the profile of what I wanted.  I think Jefferson has a higher floor and is a better Year 1 player, but Reagor has more improvement in him and a higher ceiling.

Only 6 WRs were picked in Round 1 so there are still a lot available who had 1st round projections in places but there might be a bit of a run on those before 53. I'd have no problem with taking a WR there if Mims, Shenault, Higgins or Pittman  were available, depending on the other options.

Gross-Matos, McKinney, Jaylon Johnson, Winfield Jr & Diggs would all be decent choices as well.  

Trading down is an option, I don't think we should be giving up picks to trade up.  Volume in the first 3 rounds needs to be our religion for the next couple of years.  I'll take a trade up if they unload Jeffrey or Douglas but not picks.

We’ll never know if he had a chance to go up or not. I’d like to think he did but will never know. 

We’d also never know who else wanted him between 21 and 53. 

When I said 2 players I meant 2 picks that it would have costed to move up. 

Maybe he didn’t see a difference in Lamb and Raegor? Actual teams thought 2 guys were better than him and many had Lamb as the lock to be nowhere near us. It gets very murky when factoring in what others thought would happen.

Its all done now. The only information I have to go off of is what happened. And with that said, we picked a position of need and  I’m totally fine with that. 
I'm fine with picking a position of need but I'm not fine with picking a guy at a need I think is a reach. I'd say it even if the Saints took him. I just didn't see him as a first rounder. 

I didn't love the Reagor pick but it does fit the profile of what I wanted.  I think Jefferson has a higher floor and is a better Year 1 player, but Reagor has more improvement in him and a higher ceiling.

Only 6 WRs were picked in Round 1 so there are still a lot available who had 1st round projections in places but there might be a bit of a run on those before 53. I'd have no problem with taking a WR there if Mims, Shenault, Higgins or Pittman  were available, depending on the other options.

Gross-Matos, McKinney, Jaylon Johnson, Winfield Jr & Diggs would all be decent choices as well.  

Trading down is an option, I don't think we should be giving up picks to trade up.  Volume in the first 3 rounds needs to be our religion for the next couple of years.  I'll take a trade up if they unload Jeffrey or Douglas but not picks.
will be fun if they trade up for McKinney

Hill was a guy Liked because you could tell he had the talent to play anywhere. But he was also a more complete WR then Reagor is. 

And where was Brady? Look at all the guys who were drafted above him that everyone thought were great. I liked Hill long before a lot of people knew who he was. I saw him at Oak State then I followed his W Alabama career as best as I could. I thought he was talented but dropped do to Red flags like the domestic incident. Again you seem butthurt a lot of us didn't like the pick. I don't know why. You know him personally, friends of the family, he related to you in some way, a TCU fan. You seem to be taking some of us not liking this pick to personally. We're trying to figure out why that is. 
Just going to move the goalposts over to Brady now? :lmao:   

No one is butt hurt. But if you’re going to dislike a guy then at least be correct about it. If you dislike him because he’s a JJAW or can’t catch or because of a conference than it’s simply incorrect. It’s as simple as that. 

What he is remains to be seen. I’m excited and love having his dynamic added to that Sanders scrub, Ertz, Goedert, Jackson and Wentz 👍 

We’ll never know if he had a chance to go up or not. I’d like to think he did but will never know. 

We’d also never know who else wanted him between 21 and 53. 

When I said 2 players I meant 2 picks that it would have costed to move up. 

Maybe he didn’t see a difference in Lamb and Raegor? Actual teams thought 2 guys were better than him and many had Lamb as the lock to be nowhere near us. It gets very murky when factoring in what others thought would happen.

Its all done now. The only information I have to go off of is what happened. And with that said, we picked a position of need and  I’m totally fine with that. 
Well this can go on so this will likely be the last reply since it doesn't matter until they put pads on. But he could have went up and got Lamb. Everything has a price. You're telling me those 3-4 teams couldn't have been enticed? Seems unlikely to me. Howie just likely didn't want to pay the price. So he didn't think that price was worth it for Lamb when he could get Reagor. 

And using that Lamb fell as some sort of justification. There were people here last year using Metcalf falling as proof that it wasn't a mistake. How did that work out? 

I mean of all Howie's picks/moves in the draft, this seems to be his worst value. But perhaps the irony will be that it will be one of his actual best picks since you know, his history hasn't been great. I just probably would have overpaid for the surer thing who could be a stud than take the gamble but that was his bet. 

When I watch Mims and Jefferson I just can’t get Jordan Matthews out of my head. Even a guy like Pittman isn’t the profile I want. After getting Raegor I’d sign off on Shenault as a gadget type and I’m not his biggest fan but he would have a niche

I don't show highlight reels because the only stuff in there is the good stuff. again give me a link or something to a full game. What was his best games IYHO we can watch. I've yet to see one highlight tape in my life where there were negative plays put in. 

I didn't even want either of these guys. I wanted one of the Tide WRs or Jefferson. Why? Played against incredible competitive defenses, successful college careers, champions, great guys, very good skills, and all three had different traits I liked in WRs. JJ has the ability to play inside or outside played more Inside this year to get the two freshman on the field. Ruggs is a speed demon and we need speed but he's also a good route runner. Jerry Jeudy is a nice big body WR. Has a lot of traits similar to former Tide WR Julio Jones has. 
Not being cnfrontational at all, genuinely curious: do you have tape on Reagor's struggles? I don't watch college ball often, so, I've only seen highlights. I'd like to see more. Games to watch where he struggled?

Disclaimer to @Deamon but long post not mine just a share. My Cousin is a WRs coach at Council Rock South He played WR/DB from Popwarner to HS went to East Stroudsburgh as a WR. He played with QB Jimmy Terwillinger who ended up on a couple of NFL practice squads including Minnesota. My cousin in his free time does WR tape/scouting reports. I trust him more then most people online who pretend to know players given his experience as a player and coach. We don't always agree with each other. A few of these WRs we both agree on 100% others we don't agree on everything then theres a guy like KJ Hamler we vehemently disagree on (He likes him I would even draft him until 3rd/4th round). Anyway this is what he posted. The bottom paragraph I agree with fully. I wouldnt be mad if he was drafted 53 and is an overreach at 21

These are my notes from March 27th on Reagor... if you’re not interested in scouting reports, all good this is not for you

Jalen Reagor

5 games Texas, West Virginia, Oklahoma State, Colorado and 2018 Texas

First thing that jumps out is wow he looks a lot like DJax. Same height and build, wears the number 1 like DeSean did at Cal and the same helmet style and visor. 

Plays primarily the Z receiver, off the ball and to the strength of the formation. Will line up in the slot at times but this is only for when they want to use him in jet motion. TCU did not have good QB play in any of the games I watched and there were many poorly thrown balls that I would’ve liked to have seen what Reagor could’ve done. They make a conscious effort to get him the ball on jets, orbits, reverses, smoke screens and swing passes. Has breakaway vertical speed and the defenses seemed to know it. Many times on the broadcast they referenced him being the fastest player in the Big 12 and that he was voted fastest player by his peers at the Big 12 meeting. With the ball in his hands he has that type of 0-60 speed that you only see in a few players. Ran right by a couple defenders and took a punt to the house against Colorado and it looked like he was barely trying. Did not see him run a lot of routes besides a curl, post, fly or fade. Did have a couple sluggo’s that resulted in big gains or TD’s because of nosey CB’s. Was surprised to see TCU throw him some fades on the goal line given his lack of height and length but he actually came down with a couple. What he does not have though is great hands. He lacks in concentration at times on some rather easy throws and allows defenders to get a hand in to knock the ball out when he should be tucking it away into his body. This is a coaching thing and can be worked on. He will go up and extend to make the catch and is not a body catcher. 

Overall he’s a dynamic athlete who played much faster than his 4.47 40 at the combine. Looks way faster on film. Would be a DeSean 2.0 for us and plays the same position DJax does. Do not see him as a slot guy nor a guy I’d line up in the backfield as he doesn’t break many tackles. If he was our only receiver I’d be disappointed but if he’s paired with a bigger X type of receiver or a slot guy I’d be fine with it. Overdraft at 21 with the other talent in this class but could be there at 53 similar to when DJax went back in 2008.

Yeah, drafting Jefferson to be a career slot guy seems tough but the ready from day 1 would have been nice. I have no idea where this team's roster is in terms of construction. Not rebuilding but also not one WR away from the Super Bowl. 

Well this can go on so this will likely be the last reply since it doesn't matter until they put pads on. But he could have went up and got Lamb. Everything has a price. You're telling me those 3-4 teams couldn't have been enticed? Seems unlikely to me. Howie just likely didn't want to pay the price. So he didn't think that price was worth it for Lamb when he could get Reagor. 

And using that Lamb fell as some sort of justification. There were people here last year using Metcalf falling as proof that it wasn't a mistake. How did that work out? 

I mean of all Howie's picks/moves in the draft, this seems to be his worst value. But perhaps the irony will be that it will be one of his actual best picks since you know, his history hasn't been great. I just probably would have overpaid for the surer thing who could be a stud than take the gamble but that was his bet. 
Regarding the Lamb trade up or trading back I’m simply saying there’s to many unknown variables for me to even bother with. It’s just easier for me to disregard it all at this point since we’ll never know. And Metcalf wasn’t widely considered the #1 WR in his class.

I do emphatically disagree with this being his worst ever value pick though. I mean we actually picked JJAW over Metcalf just a year ago lol. That was a no-brainer and this pick for away from his “type”. 

Like you said, we’ll see 

Just going to move the goalposts over to Brady now? :lmao:   

No one is butt hurt. But if you’re going to dislike a guy then at least be correct about it. If you dislike him because he’s a JJAW or can’t catch or because of a conference than it’s simply incorrect. It’s as simple as that. 

What he is remains to be seen. I’m excited and love having his dynamic added to that Sanders scrub, Ertz, Goedert, Jackson and Wentz 👍 
Not sure where I said anything about JJAW. I don't think he's a first rounder. I'm not big on the big 12 at all. He's had drop issues, I get nervous drafting guys who jump up draft boards because of good measurable or workouts (When they are bust I refer to them as The Mike Mamula pick). Didn't like some of the stuff I saw on film. My Brady comment was more about he was drafted late but look at where was drafted. In Reference to Hill's draft spot. I then explained Hill dropped because of major red flags. 

When we first drafted DeSean Jackson I liked his playmaking ability despite his conference. I'd have not liked the pick in the first round but we got great value for where he was drafted. I don't hate hate Reagor here either. I just don't think he's gonna live up to the first rounder pick. I have no issue taking him in the 2nd round had we gotten one of the 3 guys I named earlier. I think it's a reach because we reached on a need. No different then Giants who at 4 needed a tackle and reached 

Disclaimer to @Deamon but long post not mine just a share. My Cousin is a WRs coach at Council Rock South He played WR/DB from Popwarner to HS went to East Stroudsburgh as a WR. He played with QB Jimmy Terwillinger who ended up on a couple of NFL practice squads including Minnesota. 
Is Jimmy related to Bob?

And you weren’t high on Sanders either so it bodes well for us 😊 
I wasn't high on Sanders no because I don't trust PSU players that much. I sound like a broken record but I think people and local media love to overrate the PSU players by a large margin. Over the last 15 yrs I've seriously followed the draft and the hype on prospects I've found a common theme of locals and media around here overrating the PSU talent. I also thought PSU in the seasons Miles was there was more lucky then a talented squad (I explained that awhile back on stuff). I'd still like to see how Sanders does the 2nd and 3rd year too now that defenses can adapt to him. 

Is Jimmy related to Bob?
Not sure his Dad is Mike who was a coach at ESU I think when he played my Cousin and jimmy his dad was the HC or OC can't remember which. There was a guy at LB on their squad who ended up on the Jets for a cup of Coffee I believe too. MY cousin didn't get to play a lot besides Special teams or blowouts for the 2 or so yrs. Got more WR time with injuries and guys graduating. A lot of people always asked who my favorite player was and despite having favorite players my hero growing up was always my cousin in football. The reason was I couldn't play myself. Was too small for it despite the fact I could remember and then tell you the playbook plays he'd give me examples of. In the yard with Friends I was always the best WR. I was small but could out jump all the taller guys in my grade (got that from my dad). Touch and Flag football I was always the trusted target for one of my best friends. I was going to go out for the team in HS but realize most of the guys were better then me and also I couldn't commit like I had to for the team (Training camp started early Aug and my Mom's B-day is the 2nd week we always went on Vacation then). So I always looked up to my cousin as he got to fulfill a dream for both of us at the very least playing college ball. my Pop-Pop also talked my mom into talking me out of it from all the injuries he got from it and all. He tried to talk my cousin out but he kept at it.  

Not being cnfrontational at all, genuinely curious: do you have tape on Reagor's struggles? I don't watch college ball often, so, I've only seen highlights. I'd like to see more. Games to watch where he struggled?
I don't have all the videos. What I get is usually from links and stuff my cousin gets access too. Some of the stuff I get requires a Sub (He''ll let me use his account as I let him use my athletic account). So I'll see what I can get free viewing wise. 

Yea it sucks, but that's what happens when you're Dallas, have the division in your grasp and yet lose an Eagles team with backups at every spot. You get to pick higher.
I hear ya...look, I’m glad we got him...glad you didn’t..too much going on these days for some of my posts..my grandma is an eagles fan in a nursing home in pa with covid. She’s 96  but probably healthier then me. The only positive from the eagles Super Bowl win was her getting to see it. 

Not certain of the future but wish all of you well. I can’t help myself sometimes. There’s so much more to be worried about. I love to hate you guys but in these times I just can’t....it’s scary. Hope we get a season and look forward to the games...

Yeah, drafting Jefferson to be a career slot guy seems tough but the ready from day 1 would have been nice. I have no idea where this team's roster is in terms of construction. Not rebuilding but also not one WR away from the Super Bowl. 
 I have no issue drafting a career slot guy. People act like thats a bad thing. IMHO you need 3 good WRs now in the NFL with many teams considering their Slot WR as a starter. The Slot guy essentially is replacing a teams Fullback as a starter these days. 

I have no issue drafting a career slot guy. People act like thats a bad thing. IMHO you need 3 good WRs now in the NFL with many teams considering their Slot WR as a starter. The Slot guy essentially is replacing a teams Fullback as a starter these days. 
Well sure, but you also weren't drafting FBs in the first round either. I know that isn't what you meant but I think it is tough to take a #2 receiver with a first round pick. Eagles do need a home run too so in that sense, could work out on the off-chance Reagor becomes a #1. I also presume Howie thought Jefferson was a bit redundant. The offense was so bottled up with the lack of a deep threat. Nobody did get separation so adding another guy that teams could play close to the LoS on. 

Based on the articles talking about his separation, I'm sure Howie saw the same thing we all did last year so now he is reacting to that. Is it an overreaction? Who knows. WRs can create separation with stuff other than speed and speed doesn't always work but that seems to be what he wanted. 

Plus they got Prescott throwing and McCarthy calling plays. I've heard numerous rumors over the years that McCarthy called such a garbage offense that Rodgers would call a different play in the huddle. Their relationship got worse as McCarthy got his feelings hurt by Rodgers disrespecting him like that in front of the team. McCarthy no longer has Rodger's coattails to ride behind for success. We are gonna see how truly bad McCarthy is with Dal if he doesn't feed Zeke enough. 
Prescott is better than Wentz.  Rodgers while used to be a top QB is a turd.  Not sure what you're trying to prove.

Well sure, but you also weren't drafting FBs in the first round either. I know that isn't what you meant but I think it is tough to take a #2 receiver with a first round pick. Eagles do need a home run too so in that sense, could work out on the off-chance Reagor becomes a #1. I also presume Howie thought Jefferson was a bit redundant. The offense was so bottled up with the lack of a deep threat. Nobody did get separation so adding another guy that teams could play close to the LoS on. 

Based on the articles talking about his separation, I'm sure Howie saw the same thing we all did last year so now he is reacting to that. Is it an overreaction? Who knows. WRs can create separation with stuff other than speed and speed doesn't always work but that seems to be what he wanted. 
I just think for speed alone its a reach for them 

Prescott is nothing without Zeke plus how's Prescott gonna prove anything when he's on his ### most of the game from a questionable Line? 
FTR, I'm a Saints fan.  You've just always been a horrible poster.  This does nothing but help cement that.

Last edited by a moderator:
FTR, I'm a Saints fan.  You've just always been a horrible poster.  This does nothing but help cement that.
You must not like your life if your enjoyment here is harassing other posters. I'll just say I hope you get the help you need or make changes in that life to make it better. 

You must not like your life if your enjoyment here is harassing other posters. I'll just say I hope you get the help you need or make changes in that life to make it better. 
It's a public forum, and I'm well within my right to disagree with whomever I please.  You don't know me pissy pants.

It's a public forum, and I'm well within my right to disagree with whomever I please.  You don't know me pissy pants.
You are really trying to get me to react in a way to get me banned aren't you? Well I'm here to disappoint you but you are now are ignore. Have fun with whoever else you will bother 

You are really trying to get me to react in a way to get me banned aren't you? Well I'm here to disappoint you but you are now are ignore. Have fun with whoever else you will bother 
Negative.  That's not my MO.  You should never assume things.....you should know the rest of the saying.

Damn. That sucks. I feel for the guy. Nobody should have to lose their brother that soon. 
My Co worker's son who coaches for the Eagles his Brother died at 31 too. It was his oldest brother. Never found out nor asked what was the cause. Went to the viewing to show my support and offer condolences texted his mom while she was out on Family leave for it every now and then to check how she was. You just always hope when a young person dies that it wasn't from a cause that was self home or anything similar. 

Cooled on Reagor because while I like his speed, burst and ceiling, he has a real "#### this" vibe with his body language sometimes.  Barely comes off the line on run plays, or pass plays to the other side sometimes.
I think these things are fixable.  Can't get away with that stuff in the pros.

Users who are viewing this thread