What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2020 Philadelphia Eagles Thread* Humanity will never recover from the most horrible event to happen in the last 100 years: Doug Pederson pla (3 Viewers)

How do these opt outs work, does it count as a contract year?
Basically pauses the contract. If they are in year 2 of a 3 year deal, 2019 was year 1, 2020 is nothing, 2021 is year 2 and 2022 is year 3. And whatever opt-out amount they qualify for ($150k for general opt-out, $350k for high-risk, medical reason opt-out) is deducted from their 2021 pay, so it's basically an advance. 

Curious if any of you guys with everything going on and uncertainties if you are going with your Fantasy stuff this year or skip it. Year off on Dynasty or continue. If league stops how will you guys sort everything out? My League Keeper free league might be done. I want to start a new one but at least 2 of the guys said they'd be interested but more so start after this season given everything going on right now. I might just play in a free league just to say I played this year for now. 
my main fantasy league we agreed to roll forward with. the idea being if the season hits 7-8 games we can do some payouts then, and if everything cancels then we push the money from this year into next year's pot 

Wishing everyone  an asymptomatic or mild case. :thumbup:
Mailata and Geary also on list, but unknown if there just from exposure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good news is that he says he feels great. So far that seems to be the trend with any athlete who’s tested positive so far. 
So are they saying now once you’ve had it are you less likely to get it again? Hopefully it stays a mild case for these guys and we out this behind them soon. 

GoBirds said:
So are they saying now once you’ve had it are you less likely to get it again? Hopefully it stays a mild case for these guys and we out this behind them soon. 
From what I’ve been told it’s nearly impossible to get it again. Also that it’s mutated so much that the version now will give a healthy person next to no symptoms or very minor cold like symptoms. 

McCoy definitely not coming back this year. Signed 1 yr deal with Tampa.
TB is this years hyped up Browns. The only difference is Brady is a far superior QB then Baker. I like the WRs Evans and Brate is severely under appreciated. OJ Howard just hasn't lived up to the hype but that could be QB play. However they have a TE who when was healthy was the top overall TE in the Game but he's been so injured the last few years and took last season off and how will Brady fair in a non NE system especially without the benefits of cheating or stretching rules to the limits that they are known for? Their backs are nothing special and Shady is damaged goods at this point. They got a good D and Arians is a decent coach but IMHO way too old school. I could see them making the playoffs as maybe a WC or winning the division a weaker div winner thanks to ATL always coming up short on expectations though. 

interesting.  Thought he'd go to KC.  Freeman has to go to KC or Philly right???
Considering Staley's comments on Sanders possible being a work horse I don't know if he comes here. With KC loosing Williams who opted out for the year KC looks like a better option. 

Per Schefter:

Eagles’ HC Doug Pederson has tested positive for the coronavirus, sources told ESPN’s @Tim_McManus. Pederson convened a previously unscheduled team meeting Sunday night to share the news with his players. He did this after receiving a second positive test.

Per Schefter:

Eagles’ HC Doug Pederson has tested positive for the coronavirus, sources told ESPN’s @Tim_McManus. Pederson convened a previously unscheduled team meeting Sunday night to share the news with his players. He did this after receiving a second positive test.
My expectations of an NFL season are dwindling. The only way to pull it off is a shortened season, in a bubble.

My expectations of an NFL season are dwindling. The only way to pull it off is a shortened season, in a bubble.
I don't see how anything except a bubble can work. And I'm not even sure what the logistics of a bubble would be like for the NFL - it's not basketball.

Not worried. Owners greed will ultimately win out. Doug should be good for the start of the season. Just needs to stay isolated for now. Wait the 2 weeks. Test negative and be in the clear. We'll see how many more catch it in the coming week or so. 
I think the ‘rona is a lot more prevalent than people realize. Serological studies in Spain and NYC have shown 5%-14% prevalence. You would think highly populated areas like cities would be closer to high end. We are going to find players and coaches infected when you test them every week, no way around it. Maybe it’s a lot to ask for people not to over-react about it. The headlines are going to be the NFLs worst enemy this year.

Not worried. Owners greed will ultimately win out. Doug should be good for the start of the season. Just needs to stay isolated for now. Wait the 2 weeks. Test negative and be in the clear. We'll see how many more catch it in the coming week or so. 
agree.  they will find a way.  people realizing you cant hide from it and its not a death sentence should help too. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Locals, File this away for the season. :cool:

Yankees manager Aaron Boone complained to the umpires in-between innings of the Phillies’ 5-4 win about the noise coming from just outside the ballpark. The Phandemic Krew — a group of diehards who have stood this season on 10th Street outside the gates to Ashburn Alley — was blaring an air horn just as the Yankees were throwing their pitches.
“The environment we’re in, it’s almost like a golf environment where that sudden thing can ... So I thought there was a timing element to it,” Boone said. “I didn’t necessarily think they would be able to do anything about it. I didn’t necessarily know who or where it was coming from, but it was something I at least wanted to point out.”
The umpires told Boone that there was nothing they could do because the fans were not inside the ballpark. The group of fans caught wind of Boone’s complaints — they follow the game on 10th Street through radio and TV — and started chanting his name.

Locals, File this away for the season. :cool:

Yankees manager Aaron Boone complained to the umpires in-between innings of the Phillies’ 5-4 win about the noise coming from just outside the ballpark. The Phandemic Krew — a group of diehards who have stood this season on 10th Street outside the gates to Ashburn Alley — was blaring an air horn just as the Yankees were throwing their pitches.
“The environment we’re in, it’s almost like a golf environment where that sudden thing can ... So I thought there was a timing element to it,” Boone said. “I didn’t necessarily think they would be able to do anything about it. I didn’t necessarily know who or where it was coming from, but it was something I at least wanted to point out.”
The umpires told Boone that there was nothing they could do because the fans were not inside the ballpark. The group of fans caught wind of Boone’s complaints — they follow the game on 10th Street through radio and TV — and started chanting his name.
Love it.  Though I'm not sure people outside the Linc could make enough noise to really make it so offenses couldn't hear the plays.  I'm hoping they are pumping noise inside ALL stadiums anyways.  Even making it slightly higher when the visiting team has the ball.

Probably not to hear plays, but maybe a distraction and pump-up for the home players knowing they are there.. A Yankee outfielder said it was pretty loud. 

Man I doubt we can get Chubb or guice with that pick

No chance unless we move up.

We all liked Guice, but the numbers don't bear out a RB in the 1st being good value.

If Jackson is there at 52 I hope that is the pick.

Think Guice and Jones will be gone but if one of them is there @ 52 sprint to the damn podium.

Guice dropping like this is making me happier that we didn't take him.  Can't really just be that interview thing can it?  This Rb run is insane. 

Strange drop.  Gotta figure he'll go soon though.

Hearing 4 reasons for guice drop:

1. Was late for many pre-draft meetings

2.  Said he would kneel for anthem

3.  Telling media about draft questions

4.  He was mad and left the draft. 

Those are kinda red flags.  Dude can run the ball though

I want someone to pick Guice soon so we can hear what the hell he did lol

Mike Mayock on Derrius Guice: “There’s another investigation out there that could be potentially embarrassing to the kid and maybe the team” who drafts him.

I trust the franchise that handled Albert Haynesworth, Fred Davis and Robert Griffin to make sure that Guice doesn't have any issues interfere with his play on the field...
Hilarious going back and reading all these.  Not gonna lie, I wanted Guice during that draft as did a few of us.  Seems obvious now why we didn't take him.

Hilarious going back and reading all these.  Not gonna lie, I wanted Guice during that draft as did a few of us.  Seems obvious now why we didn't take him.
We really dodged a bullet. If you remember I really wanted Guice too. Loved the kid at LSU. Glad Was did the right thing. Won't go into this detail wise but I feel teams should do this with every player that gets charged in these things. Let them go. Teams should have some type of insurance for situations like this where they can easily terminate a guys contract. it's a privilege not a right to play professionally. 

Eagles placed LB Jatavius Brown on Reserved Retired list. Dude just retired In middle of camp with no reason. Can we ever sign a LB that stays on the team? 

• Thanks
Reactions: JAA
And he's good to go.

Just curious-Everywhere else in the world, you quarantine for 14 days.  How did the HC get to only do 10 days?  I'm really asking because 14 days seems to be the mantra just like "6 feet apart" is so was there a reason for this or is what we will be seeing as the NFL just does what they want

A little more: 
"According to NFL protocol, an employee who is asymptomatic must wait 10 days or have two consecutive negative tests over a span of five days before returning."

The two negative tests thing may be to confirm false positives,

Just curious-Everywhere else in the world, you quarantine for 14 days.  How did the HC get to only do 10 days?  I'm really asking because 14 days seems to be the mantra just like "6 feet apart" is so was there a reason for this or is what we will be seeing as the NFL just does what they want
It's all for the greater good. 

Former Eagle Oline Coach Howard Mudd died at 78 today a week after motorcycle accident in Sea. Mudd spent 2 yrs here replacing Jaun Castillo as the position coach during the infamous Castillo as the Eagles DC. Mudd is credited by Jason Kelce who was a rookie in Howard's first year on the team for a lot of what makes him successful today. Mudd played Oline in the NFL in the 1960s and was on the all decade team before a devastating knee injury cut his career short at 28 yrs old. Howard Mudd was a great player and coach but more importantly a tremendous person overall who will be missed in the NFL Community 

Former Eagle Oline Coach Howard Mudd died at 78 today a week after motorcycle accident in Sea. Mudd spent 2 yrs here replacing Jaun Castillo as the position coach during the infamous Castillo as the Eagles DC. Mudd is credited by Jason Kelce who was a rookie in Howard's first year on the team for a lot of what makes him successful today. Mudd played Oline in the NFL in the 1960s and was on the all decade team before a devastating knee injury cut his career short at 28 yrs old. Howard Mudd was a great player and coach but more importantly a tremendous person overall who will be missed in the NFL Community 
Very sad. Thoughts and condolences to the family. 

Here is the #Eagles injury report to start the first day in pads:

- Peters (lower body) day to day 
- Arcega-Whiteside (lower body) day to day
- Barnett (lower body) week to week
- Hargrave (upper body) is out multiple weeks 
- Riley (illness)

Dal just lost Gerald McCoy for the season. 

Vic Beasley just reported to camp and FAILED HIS PHYSICAL in TENN. Yess you heard that right. The guy who they just signed in FA who hadn't reported till today Failed his physical. 

Users who are viewing this thread