What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2020 Philadelphia Eagles Thread* Humanity will never recover from the most horrible event to happen in the last 100 years: Doug Pederson pla (2 Viewers)

We always seem to have issues with the Bengals and now the sinking ship we're on this year makes it likely to continue.

• All-time record against Cincy: 3-9-1
  • Last time we beat them: Christmas Eve, 2000 (16-7)
  • Last 3 games against them: Worst game of our 2016 season (32-14 L, Ertz scared kitty cat play), 34-13 whipping in 2012 in one of Andy's final games, 13-13 tie in 2008 (McNabb not knowing the OT rules)

Bigboy10182000 said:
great breakdown. problem is on all of those routes the ball needed to be out long before he was open and on each play Wentz was being harrassed long before he was set. if this was a vet to vet connection those highlight plays would be so different. Reagor excitement for the year on hold, go Hightower!

Doug Pederson said they'll rely more on JJ Arcega-Whiteside with Jalen Reagor out.

The refusal to admit this mistake is killing me. 
It was just such a brutal pick, any of us going off Kipers big board would have nailed the pick yet they continue to try to prove how smart they are outsmarting themselves with these awful picks. Groundhogs Day. 

It was just such a brutal pick, any of us going off Kipers big board would have nailed the pick yet they continue to try to prove how smart they are outsmarting themselves with these awful picks. Groundhogs Day. 
It was. Thank god for Miles Sanders right before him. 

What does this have to do with Hurts starting?  None of us have argued that Carson hasn't played badly, you're just nuts to say Hurts is going to be starting soon.  You've said many times you were done with it but keep coming back to post about it, and this time with something that is completely irrelevant to Hurts.  Bye.

What does this have to do with Hurts starting?  None of us have argued that Carson hasn't played badly, you're just nuts to say Hurts is going to be starting soon.  You've said many times you were done with it but keep coming back to post about it, and this time with something that is completely irrelevant to Hurts.  Bye.
:lol:

I'd never go off of Kiper's big board. The dude has been called out for overhyping certain prospects who's agents he's friends with, Most notable Jimmy Claussen. Either way if we went off Daniel Jermiah's big board we'd get it. 

Speaking of Big Boards watching the LV game on Monday Night The Raiders did a heck of a job in last years draft. Max Crosby looks like he could be a stud and they have some fairly nice young WRs and them picking up Waller can't be praised enough

Time to add another one to the ever growing ignore bin I think 

If this Ertz contract thing isn't over with and we either end up trading him or walk theres a great TE in College this year in Florida TE Kyle Pitts who went to Archbishop in Warmister. He's a local kid but he plays like a WR and a match up nightmare. Look for his name to start popping up as a possible draft target if the Ertz drama continues. If we end up a top  10 pick team I think it's too early but but top 20 I think you can argue taking him. I know we got other pressing needs but given the Eagles like to run 12 Personnel they are gonna need a reliable TE if Ertz were to leave 

Last edited by a moderator:
Hot Sauce Guy said:
Forgot the Curry statement and I remember the AKili Smith thing. I think he said out of the 3 QBs taken he'd be the best. McNabb ended better then all of them combined. Smith played 4 seasons before he was out of the league. Came back a year in TB and NFLEUROPA and then went to CFL for one season and done with Football. 

Who can forget the Manziel hot take? 

Ryan leaf attitude would help him? I guess when He gave his Manziel hot take he forgot what he said about a similar guy in Ryan Leaf? 

I can't go after him on Russel. I might be mistaken but didn't most scouts think Jamarcus Russell would be something? 

I remember the Clausen stuff but I forgot he promised to retire in8 yrs if he wasn't right. Hey Mel where's the retirement? 

Hot Sauce Guy said:
#neverforget

https://awfulannouncing.com/espn/mel-kipers-top-10-nfl-draft-blunders.html

”Three years from now you could be looking at a guy (Jamarcus Russell) that’s certainly one of the elite top five quarterbacks in this league… [the] skill set he has is certainly John Elway-like.”

- Mel Kuiper Jr., professional wrong-things sayer
We can bash him all we want but teams had him ranked high enough to go first overall. So it’s more like Mel Kiper along with a bunch of NFL scouts and GM’s, professional wrong-things sayers and doers lol

What I personally remember about Russell was that I think that was the first time a combine was on TV or one of the first. I remember my brother saying there was no way he’d pick him because he had boobies and looked like he never hit a gym ever lol

Ryan leaf attitude would help him? I guess when He gave his Manziel hot take he forgot what he said about a similar guy in Ryan Leaf? 

He also liked Leaf more than Manning, so he had that going for him, which is nice. 

I can't go after him on Russel. I might be mistaken but didn't most scouts think Jamarcus Russell would be something? 

I just remember all of them saying stuff like “he can throw the ball 50 yards from his knees!” as though that’s a skill that would ever help him in the NFL. 🙄

DJackson10 said:
If this Ertz contract thing isn't over with and we either end up trading him or walk theres a great TE in College this year in Florida TE Kyle Pitts who went to Archbishop in Warmister. He's a local kid but he plays like a WR and a match up nightmare. Look for his name to start popping up as a possible draft target if the Ertz drama continues. If we end up a top  10 pick team I think it's too early but but top 20 I think you can argue taking him. I know we got other pressing needs but given the Eagles like to run 12 Personnel they are gonna need a reliable TE if Ertz were to leave 
Archbishop Wood

We can bash him all we want but teams had him ranked high enough to go first overall. So it’s more like Mel Kiper along with a bunch of NFL scouts and GM’s, professional wrong-things sayers and doers lol

What I personally remember about Russell was that I think that was the first time a combine was on TV or one of the first. I remember my brother saying there was no way he’d pick him because he had boobies and looked like he never hit a gym ever lol
I'm not going claim o be mr know it all but given the amount of SEC games I see yearly I never thought Russel would amount to anything. There was already work ethic issues in college and he had an arm for a QB and he was big could take punishment but that was it. Had Russel dropped in the draft and I was a QB needy team who thought was a QB away from being a perennial contender I'd have maybe taken him but not top 15 maybe not top 20. I was more so saying I think everyone got JeMarcus Russel wrong so going after Mel for that one seems like just taking a shot to take another shot at the dude. Yeah Kiper deserves a lot of shots he takes but literally everyone was wrong on Russel

He also liked Leaf more than Manning, so he had that going for him, which is nice. 

I just remember all of them saying stuff like “he can throw the ball 50 yards from his knees!” as though that’s a skill that would ever help him in the NFL. 🙄
Yeah I thought he was on Drugs or drunk when he said that about Leaf. That was just ludacris and just for that alone ESPN should've stopped having him but ESPN sure loves him I guess these days for his hot takes that get ratings. It's amazing when they put him and Todd McShay together and McShay runs circles over him

I remember that passing stuff too. I was like "yeah so what Randall Cunningham did that too!!!" Honestly what happened with Russel is what I had thought would happen to Cam Newton in the NFL 

I remember that passing stuff too. I was like "yeah so what Randall Cunningham did that too!!!" Honestly what happened with Russel is what I had thought would happen to Cam Newton in the NFL 
Jameis Winston says hi. :bye:

Last edited by a moderator:
DJackson10 said:
I'd never go off of Kiper's big board. The dude has been called out for overhyping certain prospects who's agents he's friends with, Most notable Jimmy Claussen. Either way if we went off Daniel Jermiah's big board we'd get it. 

Speaking of Big Boards watching the LV game on Monday Night The Raiders did a heck of a job in last years draft. Max Crosby looks like he could be a stud and they have some fairly nice young WRs and them picking up Waller can't be praised enough
The point is, you could have even done that and ended up with someone that’s not as big of a clown as JJAW. 

Yeah he was fat

Sooooo....

4 of our top 5 Pass catchers are out (Alshon, Goedert, Djax, Reagor)

3 of our starting 5 OLinemen are done for the season.

We were in FG range Twice in OT and never got to attempt either of them.
Doug is frazzled and so far out of his league. This was last years worst team in the league. 

Howie gave us the depth we are all seeing now. 

You can’t let both of these guys back next season. You just can’t. 

Doug is frazzled and so far out of his league. This was last years worst team in the league. 

Howie gave us the depth we are all seeing now. 

You can’t let both of these guys back next season. You just can’t. 
While I agree with you, I think Doug's leash is going to be another year.

Embarrassing. They are clearly telling Carson not to run and it's ####### with him. He ran today in spots that he shouldn't have. OT was just a joke. What was the pass with 26 seconds left? If ward catches that the game is over. 

While I agree with you, I think Doug's leash is going to be another year.
Nah. They pulled rank on him with firing staff just this past year and made him eat sheet because he told them they’d be back. I’m sure the decision not to hire an OC was his as well. His seat is hot. 

That 98 Eagles team was the worst in franchise history. We ain't there. There's just something not clicking. Unfortunately we have SF, Balt and Pitt next to figure it out. Combined record 8-0.

That 98 Eagles team was the worst in franchise history. We ain't there. There's just something not clicking. Unfortunately we have SF, Balt and Pitt next to figure it out. Combined record 8-0.
This team can challenge any record for worst team. 

Opponents get harder and we are not getting healthier. 

The 49ers are missing QB1, RB1, RB2, TE1, TE2, WR1, CB1, CB2, CB4, DE1, DE3, DE4, DE5, LB2, WR4, WR5, C1

Coaching can help overcome setbacks. What has Doug done wince Flip and Reich have left? He simply isn’t good. I love him for the SB but he’s just not good 

This team can challenge any record for worst team. 

Opponents get harder and we are not getting healthier. 

Coaching can help overcome setbacks. What has Doug done wince Flip and Reich have left? He simply isn’t good. I love him for the SB but he’s just not good 
I think Doug is still a slightly above average coach.  Always thought he was a bit overrated when people were calling him one of the best in the league.  Great leader, I just don't see how anyone thinks/ever thought he was some brilliant creative mind.  Our offense has been in DESPERATE need of a young creative coach for many years now.  He needs to take a step back from the offense.

I still don't think he's fired given all the injuries, the Super Bowl, the other successful years.  I'm not saying he SHOULD stay, but they'll give him a chance with a healthy roster.  If we ever get that.

Users who are viewing this thread