What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2020 Philadelphia Eagles Thread* Humanity will never recover from the most horrible event to happen in the last 100 years: Doug Pederson pla (3 Viewers)

Saw that we are interested in a Trent Williams trade.  Think WAS was looking for a 2nd.
Getting a #2 for a 32yo player who’s been out of football for a year seems like something WAS would put out.  Pick’s too high for a guy who might be anywhere from done to just OK for a year or 2.

WAS have totally ####ed this up.  They should have traded him as soon as he asked for it to make good for their ridiculous incompetence and disregard for his health.

Seems like a lot for the Jets to give up.  If this were real, I’d expect there to be a pick going back to them as well.  If this were the case, I’d probably prefer they draft a T than a WR.  It’s a more important position.
I think the top 4 OTs will be off the board by the Jets pick. Could be what’s spurred this rumor

I'd be OK trading "a lot" if we get Lamb. Dillard seems talented, but if he is truly "not tough enough" might as well get primo value for him if possible. 

Howie left the door open for JP for a reason. I know like 85% of the fan base is over JP, but I wouldn't mind bringing him back if it meant getting Lamb. Especially if we have picks 11 +21...

Seems like a lot for the Jets to give up.  If this were real, I’d expect there to be a pick going back to them as well.  If this were the case, I’d probably prefer they draft a T than a WR.  It’s a more important position.
The rumour was never Dillard for 11.  It's Dillard+21 for 11.

The rumour was never Dillard for 11.  It's Dillard+21 for 11.
Still, a first round pick being unloaded after a year has “buyer beware” written all over it.

Edit: and if they did that, I still think the need for a T trumps WR at that point.  I find it difficult to believe Dillard could have been so bad behind the scenes last year they want out after 1 year.  I haven’t watched his LT games in detail, maybe I need to do that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Still, a first round pick being unloaded after a year has “buyer beware” written all over it.
Maybe. But it's still 2 1sts for pick 11. The Jets also seem torn between ol and wr. If they could get both in the first round that's pretty huge. 

We also gave up a 4th and 6th to move up for him. We'd be giving up 2 1st, a 4th, and a 6th for ceedee lamb. I want him badly but I dunno. 

I would need a guarantee that Peters or Trent would be starting week 1 for us. 

I imagine it would be Dillard, #21 and a 5th (or a swap of late round picks) for #11.

I think a 2nd for Trent Williams is too steep, unless part of it is him agreeing to a re-worked 3-year deal or something. Otherwise, it's possible he winds up as a 1-year rental that cost $14MM. Would rather roll with Peters one more year and keep the 2nd rounder. 

I would need a guarantee that Peters or Trent would be starting week 1 for us. 
They’re both questionable 1 year band aids though.  Eagles fans have been spoiled by outstanding T play for 20 years going back to Thomas / Runyan.  If they know Dillard isn’t the answer, then fixing that has higher priority than WR.  

Don’t want to say Carson is injury prone, but he was hurt in college and he’s missed the end of 2 out of 4 seasons as a pro.  Priority #1 is get a franchise QB, priority #2 is protect him.  Everything else comes after.

Last edited by a moderator:
Williams has 1 year @ 14.5M left on contract.
You think he's gonna play anywhere he goes without a new deal? I mean, never say never, but gotta think it'd cost $17-18M for multiple years to get him into camp.

Meanwhile Dillard's cost-controlled at ~$3M per for the next 3 years, plus the 5th-year option if needed. And oh yeah - the Birds are already $20M over 21's projected cap!

I can't see it happening.

• Smile
Reactions: Ash
You think he's gonna play anywhere he goes without a new deal? I mean, never say never, but gotta think it'd cost $17-18M for multiple years to get him into camp.

Meanwhile Dillard's cost-controlled at ~$3M per for the next 3 years, plus the 5th-year option if needed. And oh yeah - the Birds are already $20M over 21's projected cap!

Is there anything out there on why they’d want Dillard out after a year?  

I imagine it would be Dillard, #21 and a 5th (or a swap of late round picks) for #11.

I think a 2nd for Trent Williams is too steep, unless part of it is him agreeing to a re-worked 3-year deal or something. Otherwise, it's possible he winds up as a 1-year rental that cost $14MM. Would rather roll with Peters one more year and keep the 2nd rounder. 

Hmmm ya.  Both of these make sense.  Seems unlikely I suppose.

The one image I still remember that sticks out is a still of him, I think from TC last year and he appeared to be um, very emotional. So I dunno, after that I read/felt it was piled on possibly that maybe he isn't tough/maybe he doesn't "love" football. I dunno. I like his talent and think he will be a fine pro. Maybe solid, not Pro Bowl level, but solid. 

Rumor that we are moving Dillard to the Jets for #11. If we do, it could only mean they REALLY didn't like what they saw from him last year and are trying to sell high. Would leave us with a big hole (and, probably, a JP return), but could mean a real shot at CeeDee.

I actually wouldn't mind this. Been reading a few things this off-season regarding his attitude, mainly being too passive. Would suck they blew another first round pick, but if it's true better to get something for him now.
Would explain the first report of Eagles interest in Trent Williams from Washington though. I know Mike G said people he talked to denied it but this would definitely be a surprise move up Howie's Ally. I just got home so I'll check around. 

I'm trying to ask around right now as I do laundry to see if anyone knows anything. Contacted my Co worker who's son is one of the coaches (Not sure if she's gonna have a lot to say on it, contacted a buddy of mine in HS who works in the media, and contacted some local people I know from Anthony Betch's camps over the summer I've helped out at to see if anyone has heard anything. Last I had heard was the Team was interested in a trade back more so then a trade up. This would be somewhat of a last minute development from what I was being told. 

Don't know if @Deamon can reach out to Chris Wilson and maybe he has any contacts still there that would give him anything maybe. 

The one image I still remember that sticks out is a still of him, I think from TC last year and he appeared to be um, very emotional. So I dunno, after that I read/felt it was piled on possibly that maybe he isn't tough/maybe he doesn't "love" football. I dunno. I like his talent and think he will be a fine pro. Maybe solid, not Pro Bowl level, but solid. 
That seems weird too though, given how accommodating they’ve been with Brandon Brooks’ anxiety stuff.  Dunno, the whole idea just seems off to me.

All I'm reading is a lot of

"because they feel like he has "struggled to adapt" to being in the #NFL."
Thats not good at all if that is what's being said. That's usually code for Mental and or Maturity sometimes both issues with a player. I was down on Dillard last year as the pick to begin with and if this stuff is true and we got to get rid of him I'm gonna be fuming as there were 2-3 LT I thought were better then him last year to begin with. And even though I didn't like the pick I was still hoping for success since he's suppose to protect my Favorite player and our Franchise QB's blindside. 

That seems weird too though, given how accommodating they’ve been with Brandon Brooks’ anxiety stuff.  Dunno, the whole idea just seems off to me.
Yeah, but Brooks is an ELITE guard. I don't think this guy has that ceiling. Right or wrong, teams usually have a sort of sliding scale for what they deal with, the more talented you are. 

I'm trying to ask around right now as I do laundry to see if anyone knows anything. Contacted my Co worker who's son is one of the coaches (Not sure if she's gonna have a lot to say on it, contacted a buddy of mine in HS who works in the media, and contacted some local people I know from Anthony Betch's camps over the summer I've helped out at to see if anyone has heard anything. Last I had heard was the Team was interested in a trade back more so then a trade up. This would be somewhat of a last minute development from what I was being told. 

Don't know if @Deamon can reach out to Chris Wilson and maybe he has any contacts still there that would give him anything maybe. 
It's Phillip I'm friends with, not Chris.  And they fired him so don't think he'll have too much info on it haha

Reading we are looking at Goodwin from sf?  If thats the wr we end up with after this draft I'm going to be pissed
I want Goodwin.  But there's no way that would 'replace' taking a 1st round WR.  Maybe Goodwin and we still draft a 2nd round one.

It's Phillip I'm friends with, not Chris.  And they fired him so don't think he'll have too much info on it haha
Yeah my bad I meant Phillips. I was curious maybe he still had some connections there telling him stuff. Where did he end up btw? 

Yeah my bad I meant Phillips. I was curious maybe he still had some connections there telling him stuff. Where did he end up btw? 
Nowhere as of now.  I just talked to them a few days ago actually and they stayed living in Philly.  Didn't want to bring up Eagles stuff as it's kind of still a sore spot.

BPA at a position of need. 

I don't need a trade up. If the WRs aren't there at 21....I'm fine with Murray (who sounds legit) and then later picks for a WR.  Besides, I'm not not sold on Jackson/Goedert/Ertz/Aresega-Whitesdie/Sanders and a combination of rookie WRs and a COP RB being a good O....especially with a legit D.  

Les bowen is saying we are not trading dillard
Yeah thats what I just got. Told the rumor was started on Dillard after the Trent Williams Wash Post story came out. Thinks Jets are trying to Drum up interest in their pick as well. However that isn't to say the team is afraid to correct a mistake. Names dropped as possible gone during the draft were Dougles and Jones. 

Heard targets are if a trade up Juedy, Ruggs and Reagor, CJ Henderson possible trade up stay at 21 Jefferson and if it's a trade back Brandon AIyuk name is being dropped. 

I don't need a trade up. If the WRs aren't there at 21....I'm fine with Murray (who sounds legit) and then later picks for a WR.  Besides, I'm not not sold on Jackson/Goedert/Ertz/Aresega-Whitesdie/Sanders and a combination of rookie WRs and a COP RB being a good O....especially with a legit D.  
Kind of how I feel. Wouldn’t mind a couple spot move up at a low cost, but otherwise stay or even move back is fine. 

Don't forget boston Scott and Greg ward!

Please give us a WR. I haven’t followed the college kids enough, can someone give me a tier breakdown for first rounders. 

Please give us a WR. I haven’t followed the college kids enough, can someone give me a tier breakdown for first rounders. 
Jeudy/lamb both could be overall number 1

After that it gets crazy for me

Speed?  Ruggs

Overall?  Jefferson

Than there are like 5-8 wr who are good but below these 4 for me but still great dice rolls late round one or 2

Last minute mock I did

Prodraftnetwork site

21 Denzel Mims

53 Brandon Aiyuk

103 Jonathan Greenard OLB 

traded 127, 146, 190 21' 5th to Sea 

Traded 145, 214 and 21' 6th and 7th 

133 Kenny Robinson XFL Safety

144. KeShawn Vaugh RB

157. Bryce Hall CB

166. Shaun Bradley ILB Temple

206 Tyrie Cleveland WR

223. Jon Runyan SR OT 

Last minute mock I did

Prodraftnetwork site

21 Denzel Mims

53 Brandon Aiyuk

103 Jonathan Greenard OLB 

traded 127, 146, 190 21' 5th to Sea 

Traded 145, 214 and 21' 6th and 7th 

133 Kenny Robinson XFL Safety

144. KeShawn Vaugh RB

157. Bryce Hall CB

166. Shaun Bradley ILB Temple

206 Tyrie Cleveland WR

223. Jon Runyan SR OT 
I don't think aiyuk lasts that long

I don't think aiyuk lasts that long
I don't either but I took it. I actually like this one despite missing on a few guys I wanted. I got the needs and added depth. The 3rd WR can also play special teams and is a deep threat. Theres the Mac Hollins replacement. Added a big back. took a flyer on a CB in Hall who would've gone higher but had an injury. Got two good WRs in 1st two picks. Got an OLB who can play DE, Took a flyer on a local kid in Runyan SR at OT and I really like Kenny Robinson. 

Users who are viewing this thread