What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2020 Philadelphia Eagles Thread* Humanity will never recover from the most horrible event to happen in the last 100 years: Doug Pederson pla (3 Viewers)

Listening to the national guys try to make sense of this is making my head hurt. 

Theres just no way around it. He is GARBAGE at drafting. Like bottom 2-3 in the league garbage. 

Dont bother getting Baun since we need STARTING LBers. Get a back up QB and than snag a hybrid LBer/ Safety and pray. 

This was an all-time bonehead pick after some of the worst drafts in our history all from the same guy. 

A damn QB factory??! 

We needed 4-5 contributors this draft. We got one WR who will NEVER be able to live down things he had no control over for his entire career here. 
Chip Kelly must be loving this.

I agree on your thinking but hurts is way better than eason
Right now yes.  As for potential down the road I think Eason has it.  Massive accurate arm.  Just really needs a couple years learning to handle the pressure.  Reich and Rivers are gonna turn that kid into a good QB and it costs them next to nothing.

Texans just traded in front of us who did they think we were taking?
They took a Tackle. 

Man how is Weaver and Hall still here.  I kind  of want to take a flier on Hall here.  Huge upside.  One mock on Wednesday had him going round 1 to the Niners.

Right now yes.  As for potential down the road I think Eason has it.  Massive accurate arm.  Just really needs a couple years learning to handle the pressure.  Reich and Rivers are gonna turn that kid into a good QB and it costs them next to nothing.
He's a statue.  He can't move in the pocket and is very inconsistent.  You put any pressure on him and he wilts. I would wager he's out of the league in 3 years.   Just my opinion 

He's a statue.  He can't move in the pocket and is very inconsistent.  You put any pressure on him and he wilts. I would wager he's out of the league in 3 years.   Just my opinion 
We'll see.  When you have a great QB developer like Reich, and a great qb who is aging to learn under, I think he's a no brainer to take in the 4th round.  Already one of the biggest and most accurate arms in the league.  They can teach him the other stuff hopefully.  And it was a 4th rounder.

Alright back to back picks.  5 picks away and Hall and  Weaver are still there.  Has to be something up with them.  Feel like at this point Hall is very worth the injury risk.

With the 145th pick, Howie selects....

Jack Driscoll.  #### sakes.

Why Howie Why.  Not bad but WR/CB such a need and some good ones there. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Weaver, Hall, Proche here or I'm done.

I don't know why he's taking so long to make these picks.  It's like he has no idea who he wants.

Oh our only way to stop Dallas' offense is to get to Dak faster?  Here Dallas, take a new Center that might help stop us from doing that.  Ya, just toss us some late 5th rounder next year and we'll call it even.

Fire Howie.

Oh our only way to stop Dallas' offense is to get to Dak faster?  Here Dallas, take a new Center that might help stop us from doing that.  Ya, just toss us some late 5th rounder next year and we'll call it even.

Fire Howie.
Agree. It’s terrible 

It's right.  This makes NO sense.  Why help Dallas get their center, and pick up some meaningless pick next year?  There's Hall and other talent on the board there, wtf.
When you get down to this area of the draft, getting two picks for one is pretty much always a good deal. Go back through 20 years of Belichick drafts and you'll see that pretty clearly.

Safe to say Howie and Doug didn't have Hall on their board - maybe medical reasons. Sucks because as a UVA grad I was rooting for the kid to be in green, and he's plenty talented, but having watched a fair bit of him if he sticks as an NFL starter it'll be at safety (and we just took one of those). He's instinctive but doesn't have the makeup speed to hang with most outside WRs.

When you get down to this area of the draft, getting two picks for one is pretty much always a good deal. Go back through 20 years of Belichick drafts and you'll see that pretty clearly.

Safe to say Howie and Doug didn't have Hall on their board - maybe medical reasons. Sucks because as a UVA grad I was rooting for the kid to be in green, and he's plenty talented, but having watched a fair bit of him if he sticks as an NFL starter it'll be at safety (and we just took one of those). He's instinctive but doesn't have the makeup speed to hang with most outside WRs.
Then take another player.  Hell, take the Center Dallas took because Kelce won't be around for long.  Best Center in the nation goes to Dallas when they have a desperate need for one.  Inexcusable.

I mean, don't get me wrong ... for the record I don't understand pretty much anything these guys are doing this offseason.

You've got a team that's made the playoffs 3 straight years and a franchise QB one season into a 9-figure contract, and you're treating both FA and the draft like you're coming off back-to-back 5-11 seasons and in full rebuild mode. It's baffling.

Users who are viewing this thread