What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2020 Philadelphia Eagles Thread* Humanity will never recover from the most horrible event to happen in the last 100 years: Doug Pederson pla (3 Viewers)

And there goes Edwards.  Raiders have picked 3 WR's so far.
Smart. Loaded draft, I wanted us to take 2 swings at this thing. If we had taken Mims in the 2nd, we'd all be thrilled.  Amazing how a different direction with the 2nd round pick deflates us.

Let's just pretend we lost our 2nd rounder in a league penalty because Jason Kelce beat up Clowney's cats.

There goes Edwards. We're F'd at WR. Besides DeSean, and Reagor besides the TEs and RBs who Da F WR wise is Carson throwing too. Most of these guys couldn't catch a cold on the roster outside of them 
We don't need WR's, we are going to have 2 QB's on the field at the same time throwing the ball.

Deamon said:
Howie said best case scenario, if Carson stays healthy, they think they can develop Jalen into a valuable asset.  And that ideally they can get this guy up to speed, and creating value from  him.

Sounds like the "goal" is to train him up and trade him in a few years.  Ugh.
Like the Pats did with Garoppolo. Hey, in a few years we can get ... a second-round pick.

Like the Pats did with Garoppolo. Hey, in a few years we can get ... a second-round pick.
Pats only traded Jimmy G because Brady's Ego got hurt. Bill wanted to keep Jimmy as the guy to replace Brady eventually. Tom had his feelings hurt and ran and complained to Kraft. Bill did not want to part with Jimmy which is why he let go of Jimmy for what he did. Did Jimmy a favor and traded him to his buddy Kyle SHanahan (Always liked his dad Mike Bill) to put Jimmy in the best spot for his career. The Pats probably could've gotten more for Jimmy if they traded him elsewhere. 

Galaxy brain meme theory:

1. Wentz is much more effective when he leaves the pocket and runs wild. See last 4 games of 2019 and most of 2017.

2. Wentz is much more likely to get hurt when he leaves the pocket and runs wild.

3. Wentz often does get hurt.

4. The best way to maximize Wentz is to play him fewer snaps but let him go wild on those snaps.

5. Therefore, we need a starting-caliber QB to play the other snaps. 

Galaxy brain meme theory:

1. Wentz is much more effective when he leaves the pocket and runs wild. See last 4 games of 2019 and most of 2017.

2. Wentz is much more likely to get hurt when he leaves the pocket and runs wild.

3. Wentz often does get hurt.

4. The best way to maximize Wentz is to play him fewer snaps but let him go wild on those snaps.

5. Therefore, we need a starting-caliber QB to play the other snaps. 
The issue is we drafted a guy that is a below AVG QB career back up in the NFL at best. I'm still mad we took THorson and missed on Easton Stick last year. Now we drafted a below AVG QB who would have been there still in the 3rd round and missed on numerous WR including my guy Van Jefferson. 

Unconfirmed report going around the Eagles have a deal in Place for Yannick 

Jags get:

Hurts, Jeffrey and 2021 pick 

Eagles Get:

Yannick Ngakoue and 2020 Late round pick 

DJackson10 said:
Wasn't even projected as a 2nd rounder. Barely a 3rd rounder.
This is a key point. You not only factor how much you like a player but also where other folks have him slotted. The Eagles overpaid for Hurts, period. I'm not even an Eagles fan but I feel for the team. I never liked Hurts in college.

Its not even worth guessing what will happen here.  It could literally be anything since we know they are doing BPA and that's all that matters to them apparently 

from a needs perspective, would like to see DB here...not as up on prospects this year...any good ones slipping?

4 picks to us. Lets see how Howie hurts us this time. Maybe he goes Italian Mafia old school busting knee caps this time for us 

To be fair I think my last simulated mock draft I did was way better then what Howie's done so far. I got depth and drafted needs at the same time without ever reaching 

Troy Pride Jr (CB) is Kiper's best player available that isn't a QB or TE (those are the top 4)
Id lose my mind if we went TE. I don't agree with the hurts pick but I do think it's smart to make sure we have a good #2....just not sure what that says about Sudfeld

Users who are viewing this thread