What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL *** COVID-19 CoronaVirus Thread. Fresh epidemic fears as child pneumonia cases surge in Europe after China outbreak. NOW in USA (9 Viewers)

I've bolded it out for ya. Now take a chill pill.
That was a response to someone suggesting the economic costs of not doing anything and having people die.  I was not advocating some kind of genocide.  I was pointing out the long-term economic impact if such a grave event did occur.  Quite different.

Last edited by a moderator:
Heck.  Maybe we did give it to the Chinese.  Or maybe Covid 18.5 is out there.
who knows  :shrug:

thing is, i rode that mutha out - i'm a veteran of multiple bouts of bronchitis and pneumonia, and i had zero interest of getting on antibiotics.  so i didn't.  

fever onset was first, spiked to 102.5 first couole days ... could not draw in sufficient breath, was coughing (non productive) for the duration ... x-rays showed no bronch or pneu - flu was ruled out.  

i was told i had an upper resp infection, and to begin a course of Augmentin (which i refused), and to get back on the oral pump lung steroid (also refused) ... just woke up one day and all had cleared - was prolly 8/9 days in total - but i felt worse at it's height than i ever did through any of the other respiratory maladies i've had. 

I am sorry if I offend so many people with the suggestion that we need to slow down and plan instead of jumping head first with extreme and authoritarian solutions.  This is not about sitting at home for a couple weeks, this is indefinite. Could be several weeks or it could be several months.  We need to plan.  There needs to be an end game.  It needs to be executable without dragging the economy into the dumpster and without making everyone stir crazy.  

I am sorry if I offend so many people with the suggestion that we need to slow down and plan instead of jumping head first with extreme and authoritarian solutions.  This is not about sitting at home for a couple weeks, this is indefinite. Could be several weeks or it could be several months.  We need to plan.  There needs to be an end game.  It needs to be executable without dragging the economy into the dumpster and without making everyone stir crazy.  
The economy is worthless if people are dying in large numbers, jon. Money can be remade, lives can't be.

The economy is worthless if people are dying in large numbers, jon. Money can be remade, lives can't be.
Even worst case, this is unlikely to crack the top 10 causes of death.  People die and the economics of just remaking money is not that simplistic.  

It's not intolerance.

It's people who find your opinions wrong. And sometimes insulting/disgusting. And thus they offer counters or express their opinions.

All. The. Time. 
No, they mischaracterize, lie, and make personal attacks.  I have zero issue with different opinions, but this forum does.  

We have collectively shared our opinion of you. Just accept that and stop being so intolerant. 

I said nothing intolerant of anyone.  Meanwhile people here like these kind of attacks..

"Jon, you are a loathsome individual. You spout off idiocy and get angry when people call you on it. You are a small, uncaring, appalling individual and I hope you are removed from this community. "

This place is doomed for the axe because you guys can't help yourself. 

Currently we only have 0.000006 percent of the population infected.  The chances of you getting the virus from going to a restaurant is lottery-like. 
That data only reflects those that have been tested. Tests are in limited supply and many people who are even showing symptoms are not tested unless they've traveled abroad or are known to have been in contact with someone who has tested positive. Dr Amy Acton, the Director of Health for the Ohio Department of Health said it is safe to assume that there are currently 100,000 Ohioans infected with the virus despite only 36 having tested positive. That would make the real numbers 2778 times what the tests show. 

Even worst case, this is unlikely to crack the top 10 causes of death.  People die and the economics of just remaking money is not that simplistic.  
That's not the point, it's about not giving it the opportunity to make that list at all. I'll take a slowdown for a few months if it saves lives, sure it sucks that we have had a pretty colossal upheaval of our lives, but it's not the end of the world.

Those that are showing symptoms but don't "qualify" to be tested are labeled as having "influenza like illness".

Does anyone really think the flu got jealous of all the attention COVID-19 was getting and came back? LINK

Last edited by a moderator:
Those that are showing symptoms but don't "qualify" to be tested are labeled as having "influenza like illness".

Does anyone really think the flu got jealous of all the attention COVID-19 was getting and came back? LINK
Couple of questions I’ve had and will but throw them out there for anyone to answer:

1. I’m assuming that you can have the flu and COVID-19 at the same time, no? 
2. Is there some kind of determining factor(s) on when someone gets a mild case vs. a severe case?  Like if you are exposed for longer and to more people or is it just kind of random - if you are exposed at all it can be mild to severe?

At this point I don’t care if I get a vacation from this place. Jon, you are a loathsome individual. You spout off idiocy and get angry when people call you on it. You are a small, uncaring, appalling individual and I hope you are removed from this community. 
#### you and the horse you rode in on, #######.
I am not a moderator but if I were you would be gone.   This is WAYYY over the top.

I said nothing intolerant of anyone.  Meanwhile people here like these kind of attacks..

"Jon, you are a loathsome individual. You spout off idiocy and get angry when people call you on it. You are a small, uncaring, appalling individual and I hope you are removed from this community. "

This place is doomed for the axe because you guys can't help yourself. 
 I happen to disagree with Jon quite a bit but I think the attacks on him are out of line.   If you think his numbers are off then by all means show why he is wrong without getting personal.  If you can't do that then ignore the posts.  We are supposed to be excellent to one another.

I happen to disagree with Jon quite a bit but I think the attacks on him are out of line.   If you think his numbers are off then by all means show why he is wrong without getting personal.  If you can't do that then ignore the posts.  We are supposed to be excellent to one another.
It wasnt his #s.

It was him saying money would be saved if the old people just died from it.  As if it were an offset.

At this point I don’t care if I get a vacation from this place. Jon, you are a loathsome individual. You spout off idiocy and get angry when people call you on it. You are a small, uncaring, appalling individual and I hope you are removed from this community. 
#### you and the horse you rode in on, #######.
I am not a moderator but if I were you would be gone.   This is WAYYY over the top.
I honestly think it is an acceptable reaction to Jon's post.

It wasnt his #s.

It was him saying money would be saved if the old people just died from it.  As if it were an offset.
You are 100% correct endowed

It wasnt his #s.

It was merely a response to a post about the economic impact of people dying vs business lost. He wasn't advocating that as an option. 
Let's be clear.  Talking negatively about Rush Limbaugh because he has cancer is out of bounds but jon's post is okay?  I hope you can see the disconnect in that logic.

That data only reflects those that have been tested. Tests are in limited supply and many people who are even showing symptoms are not tested unless they've traveled abroad or are known to have been in contact with someone who has tested positive. Dr Amy Acton, the Director of Health for the Ohio Department of Health said it is safe to assume that there are currently 100,000 Ohioans infected with the virus despite only 36 having tested positive. That would make the real numbers 2778 times what the tests show. 
If that is the case, we should have seen a huge uptick in visits and hospitalizations and deaths.   I know there is lag before people show signs of illness, but that does not seems a very high estimate at this point. 

Let's be clear.  Talking negatively about Rush Limbaugh because he has cancer is out of bounds but jon's post is okay?  I hope you can see the disconnect in that logic.
Neither is okay but the personal attacks aren't either.   I hope you can see the logic in that.

If that is the case, we should have seen a huge uptick in visits and hospitalizations and deaths.   I know there is lag before people show signs of illness, but that does not seems a very high estimate at this point. 
I appreciate your opinion, but forgive me for leaning towards the opinion of the Director of Health of the Ohio Department of Health on this one. 

I appreciate your opinion, but forgive me for leaning towards the opinion of the Director of Health of the Ohio Department of Health on this one. 
Good call and very smart. 

I was pointing out someone's error in there logic.  It is a huge lie to suggest i was advocating killing old people.  

All righty then, let's get this back on topic: Got to the community where I'm doing some wiring, the guys at the guard shack had a few questions about if I've been traveling, if I've been exposed to the virus(that I know of), and a check of my temperature with a laser thermometer. It's a retirement community, so I totally appreciate their vigilance.

I'm gonna post this again. As weird as it is, this is an opportunity to test our ability to stop a killer virus. One day there will be a worse one. This one is already worse than any previous one since we have been around. I'm a proponent of shutting it all down except vital services to see if we can stop it in its tracks. "Letting it run its course" is a missed opportunity. Airlines need shut down. Mass transit shut down. 

Unfortunate that PSF folks are coming into this thread. Lots of new posters in last day or two and has changed the tone. Hope people can self sensor a bit. There is PSF thread for discussing govt. reaction on a political level. 
Exactly we have had this thread going for almost 60 days and it has been a huge source of info for many. Let’s keep it that way folks 

And that is logical.  She seems like one of the more level headed people, but I would like to see what she bases that on.  
Here is her own quote on that. From: https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/487329-ohio-health-official-estimates-100000-people-in-state-have-coronavirus

"Our delay in being able to test has delayed our understanding of the spread of this," Acton said. 
If your opinion is based on the numbers, your opinion is delayed. 

Users who are viewing this thread