Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
FreeBaGeL

PB&J - How many knives?

How many knives?  

102 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Watched a buddy and his wife get into an actual argument over this.  Wife said she hates peanut butter contaminating the jar of jelly.  Husband said he refuses to clean an extra knife.  Where to FBGs come down on this one?

Where's the option for "1 knife - no contamination as I use squeeze jelly"?

• Like 9

My wife is that way too, but if you're thinking the obvious answer is "lick the knife" think again.  :no:

• Laughing 6

Wiping it with a paper towel is usually sufficient before re-entry.

I'm talk about PB&J.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1
  • Thinking 1
  • Sad 1

I start with PB and when Im done, I "clean" the knife on the bread I will be using for jelly. 

• Like 18
  • Thanks 7
  • Love 3

At least so far in this thread we don't have the "mix it all together first" heathens

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thinking 1

50 minutes ago, Cjw_55106 said:

I start with PB and when Im done, I "clean" the knife on the bread I will be using for jelly. 

This.

• Like 1

Sometimes i use two knives sometimes wash the knife before I use the jelly. Sometimes pull out a knife and spoon.

Whatever floats my boat.

And I love to lightly toast my bread for a PB&J.

Flawed.

Three.

I also use a clean knife to slice the sandwich (corner to corner). I'm not a savage,

1 hour ago, nirad3 said:

Where's the option for "1 knife - no contamination as I use squeeze jelly"?

this poll is for adults

• Laughing 2

59 minutes ago, Cjw_55106 said:

This is the answer.  One run on each side of the knife on the clean piece of bread solves the problem.  I thought this was how everyone did it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cjw_55106 said:

That's how I do it.

But I usually end up using two knives because I'll put the knife in the sink after I cut the sandwich, and my son will complain about how I cut the bread, and I will need to use the second knife to cut it again in a different direction in an effort to make amends.

Edited by Don Quixote

54 minutes ago, shadyridr said:

One knife, one spoon

This is the correct method. 

51 minutes ago, strykerpks said:

At least so far in this thread we don't have the "mix it all together first" heathens

I had a friend who did this. My kids wouldn’t eat it. While I think it’s weird, it wouldn’t be a deal killer if I was hungry and someone made me a sandwich. 

• Like 1

1 spoon - jelly, wipe spoon off on other slice of bread, peanut butter.   Never a complaint from my wife, so I must be doing it right.  

Knife - PB on both slices of bread.

Lick Knife clean

Use for Jelly jar

39 minutes ago, cosjobs said:

this poll is for adults

The sandwich is for a kid, so.....

Peanut butter - jelly 

Contaminate, we rarely eat jelly without peanut butter anyway. 

You're missing the "use a spoon for both, eat straight from the jars, alternating" option. 

• Thinking 1

2 hours ago, Parrothead said:

put jelly on bread..  wipe knife..  put PB on bread..  lick the knife

This guy knows all 

1 hour ago, Todem said:

And I love to lightly toast my bread for a PB&J.

This is very underrated imo.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, nirad3 said:

The sandwich is for a kid, so.....

you are doing it wrong. I'm almost 50 and still love a good pb&j!

2 hours ago, shadyridr said:

One knife, one spoon

What kind of neanderthal uses a knife for jelly?  

34 minutes ago, NutterButter said:

I think I could live on pb&j.   

There was a time in my life that I practically did! My dad loves to tell the story of me moving back in with him for a time - My dad has 30+ years of sobriety. A couple years after he got sober I moved back in with him for a time - I was about 20/21. He had 2 rules - 1) I couldn't bring alcohol in the house; 2) I had to feed myself. I moved in with a gallon of milk, a loaf of bread, a 4 lb can of PB, and a 3 lb jar of Jelly. I probably had a few other things but that's his memory of it and I like it. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, jon_mx said:

What kind of neanderthal uses a knife for jelly?  

Pretty sure it's the neanderthals that need a spoon as a crutch instead of being capable of using a knife like the sophisticated among us.

10 minutes ago, The Iguana said:

Pretty sure it's the neanderthals that need a spoon as a crutch instead of being capable of using a knife like the sophisticated among us.

The viscosity of jelly make the selection of a knife as an instrument to extract a precise amount of jelly from its jar a completely illogical choice.  The spoon is the proper tool for the job if one desires to truly make the perfect sandwich.  

• Laughing 1

This is why I always pick up the free plastic knives at places. Use them all and just throw them out.

15 minutes ago, Leroy Hoard said:

This is why I always pick up the free plastic knives at places. Use them all and just throw them out.

Planet hater!  :reported:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, tri-man 47 said:

Planet hater!  :reported:

Hey dude I make a point of recycling anything that doesn't fit in my regular garbage cans.

2 hours ago, jb1020 said:

1 spoon - jelly, wipe spoon off on other slice of bread, peanut butter.   Never a complaint from my wife, so I must be doing it right.  

1 knife,  abundantly spread pb on one slice of bread. wipe knife with thin amount of p. on other side of bread then jelly. use paper napkin if necessary after pb. 

ETA pb on both sides of bread prevents jelly soaking thru one slice.

Edited by JaxBill

31 minutes ago, jon_mx said:

The viscosity of jelly make the selection of a knife as an instrument to extract a precise amount of jelly from its jar a completely illogical choice.  The spoon is the proper tool for the job if one desires to truly make the perfect sandwich.  

Only if you're an uncoordinated gorilla.  I get the perfect amount with a  knife every time.

Edited by Kanil
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Laughing 1

11 minutes ago, Leroy Hoard said:

Hey dude I make a point of recycling anything that doesn't fit in my regular garbage cans.

I only recently (last year) learned that all those plastic bags from CVS, Walgreen's, etc. shouldn't be recycled.  :bag:  Some stores do collect them (as does my DIL to wrap up her kids' nasty diapers) for other re-uses.  What a tough job it must be to be a picker at the recycling center.

6 minutes ago, tri-man 47 said:

I only recently (last year) learned that all those plastic bags from CVS, Walgreen's, etc. shouldn't be recycled.  :bag:  Some stores do collect them (as does my DIL to wrap up her kids' nasty diapers) for other re-uses.  What a tough job it must be to be a picker at the recycling center.

What?!?!    So what plastic bags should be recycled?

3 hours ago, Cjw_55106 said:

This.  I thought this is how everyone does it.  Whoever does it differently are base savages.

2 hours ago, jb1020 said:

This is the last thing I expected to read.  You and my wife are the only two people I know on the entire planet that does it this way.

:mellow:

4 hours ago, Cjw_55106 said:

3 hours ago, Kanil said:

This is the answer.  One run on each side of the knife on the clean piece of bread solves the problem.  I thought this was how everyone did it.

36 minutes ago, Hastur said:

This.  I thought this is how everyone does it.  Whoever does it differently are base savages.

Yep.  I didn't even think anybody would have a different option.  Also, I didn't vote because this method was not listed. 

One knife. 

PB, then scrape knife on top of PB jar to collect the unused portion from the knife, then jelly.

I hate PB.  Not allergic, just loathe it.  Strictly 2 knife rule in my house. If I catch any stinkin PB shrapnel in the jelly there is hell to pay.