What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Shipping a car from CA to MN. Tips or pointers anyone? (1 Viewer)

boots11234

Footballguy
i bought a car in Long Beach and need to ship it to MN.  Anyone have any pointers on companies to use or things to look out for?  Ive never done this before.  thanks.

I have shipped boats across the country using uship before. It would be similar for cars, pretty painless.

You could also ask this question at www.thehulltruth.com as they have a couple guys that run shipping companies as regular posters.

I just shipped a car from Utah to Chicago last week.  There are plenty of companies who will do this for you--a simple google search will reveal many.  I think I could have had it done for ~$800.  However, they don't let you put much/any belongings in the vehicle which was an issue for me.  Apparently, the driver can be fined for it.  In the end, I had someone who did some work for me drive the car.  It was more expensive but I was also able to ship a bunch of boxes in the SUV.

Huh.  If I was out of work I would volunteer to do this for you.  I've driven a car out to IL with my dad once, and even drove from MN ==> CA about 6 years ago when we moved back out here.

As chet indicated, do some Googlezing and make sure the company is reputable.  Good luck!

White dot. 

Need to do something with my 2000 Jeep Cherokee so I was thinking about shipping it up to my MIL’s house in Southern Illinois. Just can’t get rid of it. 

She has space in her garage so it will be kept “inside”.

i looked into it a few years back and I think it was around $700 through the same company that moved it down to Florida when I moved here from Georgia 10 years ago. 

We used Ship a Car Direct not too long ago to ship a car from the DC area to New Orleans. Worked out well and I think they have good reviews.

I just shipped a car from Utah to Chicago last week.  There are plenty of companies who will do this for you--a simple google search will reveal many.  I think I could have had it done for ~$800.  However, they don't let you put much/any belongings in the vehicle which was an issue for me.  Apparently, the driver can be fined for it.  In the end, I had someone who did some work for me drive the car.  It was more expensive but I was also able to ship a bunch of boxes in the SUV.
Major point regarding the bolded. 

Two years ago my brother shipped a car to Hawaii, yes I know that's different to some degree, but he left a bunch of personal stuff (tools in the bed box, general stuff behind the seat) in the truck. The shipper ended up trashing the box and I had to coordinate with them to UPS the personal belongings to the islands.  :censored:

Make sure you cover that base, it's worth the trouble.

:banned:

Users who are viewing this thread