What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Government Response To The Coronavirus (10 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also as I saw someone mentioned, isn't what he is recommending "death panels".   You know the ones that Obama and Hillary were going to give us THAT NEVER HAPPENED

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol, not surprised that no one is touching Nancy's monstrosity of ill-timed, pork packed legislation.

"But a Lt Governor said grandma and grandpa should be willing to take one for America!"

If you told him, "hey Donald we need you to fill the next 2 hours speaking to this crowd about stereo equipment", he could do it. None of what he'd say would make sense but he could fill the 2 hours with ease. "They've asked me to speak about stereo equipment and stereo equipment is very important. We all like the stereo things and other stuff. It makes things like music... you ever heard of that? I think you have. We all know what music is. Stereos are very important in getting us music. And then you have the speakers, the wires, AM, FM. I prefer FM, people think I would like AM but I really like FM. Some people prefer AM and we like those people too. You have the plugs. Electricity. You have to plug it in or it doesn't work. There would be no music if you didn't plug it in so the plug is very important..."
This is absolute perfection.

I have been legit terrified for the past two weeks. But with all the talk of bailing on social distancing, I have never been as scared as I feel right now. It seems we're about to embark on a grand (and grotesque) social experiment that will cost a lot of people their lives and leave us right back where we started. 

Even among many of Trump's harshest critics, there's an underlying assumption that the worst damage has already been done, and we'll be paying for his previous mistakes. But don't fool yourself. It can get worse. It can get way worse. 

I have been legit terrified for the past two weeks. But with all the talk of bailing on social distancing, I have never been as scared as I feel right now. It seems we're about to embark on a grand (and grotesque) social experiment that will cost a lot of people their lives and leave us right back where we started. 

Even among many of Trump's harshest critics, there's an underlying assumption that the worst damage has already been done, and we'll be paying for his previous mistakes. But don't fool yourself. It can get worse. It can get way worse. 
Agreed.  And if supporters really are on this new phase of “let grandma and grandpa die, let’s go back to work,” not only will it be the most obvious sign of callousness, it would be catastrophic—not just to the lives of everyone—but to the very economy they say they care about (which I think is less about the economy per se but more of solidarity behind Trump, but that’s another discussion for another day).

Agreed.  And if supporters really are on this new phase of “let grandma and grandpa die, let’s go back to work,” not only will it be the most obvious sign of callousness, it would be catastrophic—not just to the lives of everyone—but to the very economy they say they care about (which I think is less about the economy per se but more of solidarity behind Trump, but that’s another discussion for another day).
Former Obama speechwriter

"The idea that Trump and Fox are pushing is dangerous, threatens a lot of doctors, and is going to get a lot of people killed. Obvs. But their rationale for it is stupid too! It guarantees fresh waves of this for the next year. That's not good for the economy either!"

Trump killed it today.

Economy will be saved, deathrate will be acceptable.

God Bless America!!
Not in the daily task force briefing I was watching.

It may be too late to save the economy, it is on the toboggan. 

Let's see if Americans find the deathrate as acceptable as you predict they will.

God help us!! 

I’ll admit, I really had no idea just how deep this “business above all else” ideology really ran in some.

Trump desperately wants everyone to go back to work. To fix the economy. Because that comes first. Over American lives.

Hopefully cooler heads will prevail, but I’m not so sure. They’re gonna just try to ignore a worldwide health pandemic and hope it all works out.

Manu Raju‏ @mkraju 2h2 hours ago

Asked about oversight of the $500B fund in the pending stimulus legislation, Trump says: “I’ll be the oversight.”
Adam Schiff‏ @AdamSchiff 7m7 minutes ago

It’s really this simple:

Republicans want to protect their slush fund for favored corporations.

Democrats want to protect families, workers, and taxpayers.

Notwithstanding the fox’s generous offer to oversee the henhouse, thanks but no thanks.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchiff/status/1242262401455722498

Hopefully cooler heads will prevail, but I’m not so sure. They’re gonna just try to ignore a worldwide health pandemic and hope it all works out.
Is it all or nothing in your mind?

Trump certainly didn't say "ignore" tonight.

I’ll admit, I really had no idea just how deep this “business above all else” ideology really ran in some.

Trump desperately wants everyone to go back to work. To fix the economy. Because that comes first. Over American lives.

What does Trump have to lose?

Yep, your analysis was quite a bit to digest. You certainly didn't brush it aside like everyone else.
There is a thread on this and people of all stripes are blasting the obvious shortcomings of the competing Senate bills. It seems you think one is better than the other,  There isn't a good one to vote on yet, The bills suck.

Just watched Trump's opener today and this guy sounds flat out desperate and angry (directed at the virus).  He was thrown his first major curveball and he has no idea what to do about it.  Scary times.....

There is a thread on this and people of all stripes are blasting the obvious shortcomings of the competing Senate bills. It seems you think one is better than the other,  There isn't a good one to vote on yet, The bills suck.
Seems like the left agrees both bills suck...but one group seems to only be able to talk about the Dems house bill.

Just watched Trump's opener today and this guy sounds flat out desperate and angry (directed at the virus).  He was thrown his first major curveball and he has no idea what to do about it.  Scary times.....
Wait til you get to the Q/A part :lol:

Trainwreck into an iceberg level of debacle.

It is absolutely mind boggling that anyone would even consider this.  It would be an absolute catastrophe.  Not just for old people.  

Seems like the left agrees both bills suck...but one group seems to only be able to talk about the Dems house bill.
I like you man but I don't see how this kind of comment helps even if you feel there is an element of truth to it. Not now. I've heard plenty of partisans from the left do the same. The Senate is a bit of a train-wreck and there is shame to go around. Not the time to be a political fan boy. Sorry, I'm grumpy.

He is unfit to lead, and every day makes that more evident.

• Smile
Reactions: Ned
What does Trump have to lose?
Major concern I have is Trump is absolutely not comporting himself in a way that indicates he cares about winning an election.  And, I sincerely believe he wants and intends to be president past January 2021.  But, from watching him, his path to that end does not appear in any way aimed at winning an election.  

You guys have your heads in the sand if you think our economy can withstand these measures into the summer. Like it or not, there will have to be some sort of balancing act required for the economy vs. the disease. The clear hate for Trump in here (this thread is like an echo chamber) seems to drown out the fact that he's not wrong about that.

It's a horrible situation.

He may not be handling it to many of your standards in the public eye (if we're being honest, few of you would credit him for it if he was), but it's a huge problem that he's going to have to delicately handle in the coming weeks.

You guys have your heads in the sand if you think our economy can withstand these measures into the summer. Like it or not, there will have to be some sort of balancing act required for the economy vs. the disease. The clear hate for Trump in here (this thread is like an echo chamber) seems to drown out the fact that he's not wrong about that.

He may not be handling it to many of your standards in the public eye (if we're being honest, few of you would credit him for it if he was), but it's a huge problem that he's going to have to delicately handle in the coming weeks.
It hasnt even started yet and you want to give up.  

I'm there now.   :lmao:     He handles questions about as well as I would.

But I'm not the president of the ####### USA.   :scared:  
It's shocking to see someone at this level speak so poorly for such a long period of time.

It's like when a 3rd stringer gets thrown in against Ray Lewis Ravens D, the passes miss by 10 feet, handoffs to the wrong side, botched snaps on every other play...etc.

It's eye opening because you just don't see it at that level.

You guys have your heads in the sand if you think our economy can withstand these measures into the summer. Like it or not, there will have to be some sort of balancing act required for the economy vs. the disease. The clear hate for Trump in here (this thread is like an echo chamber) seems to drown out the fact that he's wrong not about that.

I do agree with all of this.  He's in an incredibly difficult position.  There is probably no good solution.  But he inspires absolutely zero confidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread