What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Biden Violates Own "Disrespect" Edict By Refusing To Fire WHPS Psaki (4/18/22 18:29PST) (1 Viewer)

GordonGekko

Footballguy
VIDEO: Gravitas: Jen Psaki to leave White House for MSNBC gig  Apr 5, 2022 WION

Reports say Joe Biden's Press Secretary Jen Psaki is leaving the White House for a job at MSNBC. Does this count as a conflict of interest? Why do American journalists consistently dabble in politics? Palki Sharma Upadhyay tells you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2eDGztbDe8

VIDEO: Media ignores Psaki's attacks on Fox News' Peter Doocy Apr 18, 2022

The 'Outnumbered' panel reacted to the media's silence on her remarks, after using expletives to describe the White House correspondent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iJ01Ibtdto

VIDEO: Biden threatens to fire anyone who is disrespectful Jan 20, 2021 Reuters

During a virtual swearing-in ceremony for presidential appointees, President Joe Biden on Wednesday warned that disrespect would not be tolerated and that he would fire them ‘on the spot’.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-PN1WWVo4g

VIDEO: Biden to appointees: I'll fire you if you treat someone with disrespect Jan 20, 2021 CNN

In his remarks to over a thousand of his appointees, President Joe Biden laid out what he expects from them and what kind of administration he will have.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXPTcvJ_TX4

White House Press Secretary

The White House press secretary is a senior White House official whose primary responsibility is to act as spokesperson for the executive branch of the federal government of the United States, especially with regard to the president, senior aides and executives, as well as government policies....The press secretary serves by the appointment and at the pleasure of the president of the United States; the office does not require the advice and consent of the United States Senate, however, because of the frequent briefings given to the global media, who in turn inform the public, the position is a prominent non-Cabinet post. On November 29, 2020, President Biden announced he had selected Jen Psaki to serve as White House press secretary during his presidency...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_House_Press_Secretary

VIDEO: Hot mic: Biden calls Peter Doocy 'stupid son of a b***tch' Jan 24, 2022

During an event on lowering prices for American families, President Biden was caught on a hot mic calling Fox News' Peter Doocy 'a stupid son of a b***tch' after Doocy asked a question about inflation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fiQhGjC0cs

On the podcast, Pod Saves America, current White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki openly denounces Fox as a network and insults Peter Doocy, despite her thin attempts to qualify those insults away as something else more benign.

The question about Peter Doocy as a "SOB" spawns from a hot mic moment where Joe Biden calls Doocy as such after a question about inflation. Biden says he will fire anyone who shows disrespect who works under him because it is not the kind of administration and tone and example he wants presented forward under his watch. But he apparently doesn't hold himself to that standard, nor Jen Psaki.

So I fully expect someone at some point to slam fist the Report Button to say there is already a Jen Psaki thread. But this is an entirely different matter. Because this now goes beyond just Jen Psaki and into two key distinct issues

1) Biden's responsibility to his own words and promises made to the American people overall. If he lies about X or Y or Z, what makes anything he says moving forward to be taken with any kind of confidence by the American people? This issue goes beyond Peter Doocy and goes into the heart of a sitting POTUS behaving with open integrity for the greater good of the Republic

(At this point, if someone wants to start sealioning and gaslighting about another administration and another POTUS, take it to another thread. Whataboutisms and logical fallacy bombing doesn't change Joe Biden's obligation to the American people)

2) There is a deep complex troubling question raised by WION's Sharma Upadhyay on removal of the hard line between political journalism and the guise of journalism which becomes an open activist complicit political hatchet job role with the bounds of a sitting administration. Psaki draws a paycheck that is paid for by taxes levied against the American people. She has a formal duty and actual obligations to the American people. This is not in the same sphere as criticisms against types such as Tucker Carlson or Don Lemon or Brian Stelter. As such, Psaki's actual duty and failure to adhere to it isn't really an attack on Peter Doocy and Fox as much as it's an attack on every American citizen and voter.

"She's leaving anyway for MSNBC!" doesn't work here. Biden said he was going to govern in a specific manner and gave his word to the American people and his failure to act makes him a liar. If you don't lead by example, you aren't leading at all.

I'll leave this here for others to discuss.

The “fire them on the spot” comment was silly. It’s fair to criticize him for that. It’s also silly to expect him to fire everyone who says a disrespectful word.

Meh.  i'm sure Doocy and Fox love all the attention.  And she didn't attack Doocy in that interview, she attacked the questions Fox provided him.

Meh.  i'm sure Doocy and Fox love all the attention.  And she didn't attack Doocy in that interview, she attacked the questions Fox provided him.

Is Jlslander a stupid son of a ##### or does he play a stupid son of a ##### on FGBs? 

Well, let me just say, and this is no disrespect to Jlslander but he/she follows a political ideology that make him/her sound like a stupid son of a #####. 

Did I do that right?  Just making sure as this isn't meant as an attack on you Jlslander.

Show of hands: Is anyone out there actually offended that Jen Psaki made a joking reference to the President's own words?

"Butbutbut ... iT'S tHe hYPocRiSY!!!!!!!!!!!"

Good rule of thumb: Whenever someone says they don't actually care about the underlying issue, they just want others to be consistent, they're admitting that they have no substantive argument and are playing a stupid political gotcha game.

Is Jlslander a stupid son of a ##### or does he play a stupid son of a ##### on FGBs? 

Well, let me just say, and this is no disrespect to Jlslander but he/she follows a political ideology that make him/her sound like a stupid son of a #####. 

Did I do that right?  Just making sure as this isn't meant as an attack on you Jlslander.

I see what you did there.  You feel better bud?

Big Doocy fan, eh?  Good for you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread