What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Government Response To The Coronavirus (13 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right Trump, the media is the problem.
It’s just amazing to me how he comes right out with this like we’re all stupid. If you look back over the last month, no network has more egg on their face than his favorite one. Yet all of the others are the fake news. I’m no big fan of the media in general, and I get that some networks are over the top with the sensationalism of this crisis, but it’s just unbelievable to me how he feels the need to waste our time with crap like ratings and Facebook trending. NOBODY CARES about that right now Donald. 

What is the movie where the leader is trying to rally his people.  Then one in the crowd leaves.  Then soon they all start leaving.

Thanks President Trump. Great job so far. No complaints.

- signed Gavin Newsom. 

Wait, am I in the right thread?

Last edited by a moderator:
Shutting down travel from state to state would be the equivalent of countries closing their borders in Europe. The peeing in the pool example doesn't hold water if the water can't flow freely from state to state. Some states may never warrant the need to shut down anything when this is all said and done. Again, I'll remind you that I would have gone with a national shutdown, but there were ways to keep this under control without it.
Ok I guess we just disagree on the last part. I don’t believe that there are efficient ways to keep this under control without it. 

It’s just amazing to me how he comes right out with this like we’re all stupid. If you look back over the last month, no network has more egg on their face than his favorite one. Yet all of the others are the fake news. I’m no big fan of the media in general, and I get that some networks are over the top with the sensationalism of this crisis, but it’s just unbelievable to me how he feels the need to waste our time with crap like ratings and Facebook trending. NOBODY CARES about that right now Donald. 
Doesn't matter. He's made a career out of it - just keep saying the same bulls#t over and over, whether it is true or not, and don't ever stop. At least a third of the country has swallowed it whole.

- signed Gavin Newsom. 

You are. 

Willie Brown offers a take on why Newsom has chosen to make nice with Trump: 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sfchronicle.com/politics/amp/Why-is-Gavin-Newsom-making-nice-with-Trump-15178555.php

Simply put, we have a President who responds more to flattery than to criticism. In a crisis that’s highly unfortunate, but that’s where we are. 

Rambling almost incoherently at times, but before he finished up there was this gem:

Trump: "The problem with this one is the contagion. It's so contagious...things that nobody even thought of, the level of contagion...so we're getting there, we're gonna make sure that it's over soon..." Trump claimed that it won't be "long."

- signed Gavin Newsom. 

Some think it necessary to praise der leader to get the things they are entitled to.
I dunno, its kind of a cryptic message:

“It’s a two-way street,” Trump told Fox News on Tuesday. “They have to treat us well, also. They can’t say, ‘Oh, gee, we should get this, we should get that.’”

Trump taking questions...

and here we go again...

Trump: "The cure can't be worse than the problem itself...I continue to say it."

Trump:

"We're not going to have to have separation for the rest of our times on the planet...eventually, people are going to be able to occupy those seats in arenas, next to each other...they want to sit next to each other at restaurants...don't want to be 6 feet away..."

Trump not committing to sports leagues have games being played soon on any specific date.

As far as what the contingency plan is for the Republican convention, if any, Trump says" "We have no contingency plan." He says that it'll be held in August.

Trump says he thought ICIG Michael Atkinson did a terrible job. "He took a fake report and brought it Congress" - Trump says "fortunately there was a transcript."

Last edited by a moderator:
I dunno, its kind of a cryptic message:

“It’s a two-way street,” Trump told Fox News on Tuesday. “They have to treat us well, also. They can’t say, ‘Oh, gee, we should get this, we should get that.’”
What exactly, pray tell, are they supposed to do for the federal government? I think Newsom has shown incredible restraint and political acumen so far. Cuomo and DeBlasio less, but there's a fine line between doormat and advocate when there's a carrot-and-stick parade being conducted by President Trump.

If he wants the country to open sooner than later then why not issue the strongest federal response possible? Just going to drag on and on with this half-assed, make-it-up-as-you-go-along nonsense.

What exactly, pray tell, are they supposed to do for the federal government? I think Newsom has shown incredible restraint and political acumen so far. Cuomo and DeBlasio less, but there's a fine line between doormat and advocate when there's a carrot-and-stick parade being conducted by President Trump.
What every other narcissist craves, praise and attention? 

The sick thing is, demanding it or you don't get your supplies puts millions of innocent people at risk - and he doesn't care.

Geebus..Trump asked about Cuomo not being sufficiently appreciative to him in public: "I know he appreciates it, but he just can't quite get the words out."

Geebus..Trump asked about Cuomo not being sufficiently appreciative to him in public: "I know he appreciates it, but he just can't quite get the words out."
I almost wish that somehow in some dark-horse way, Cuomo would get the nomination unexpectedly and take him to the woodshed.

Love watching the Cuomo brothers back-and-forth

Trump says Biden in agreement with him by stopping people from coming to this country from China "at a very early date"

Rambling almost incoherently at times, but before he finished up there was this gem:

Trump: "The problem with this one is the contagion. It's so contagious...things that nobody even thought of, the level of contagion...so we're getting there, we're gonna make sure that it's over soon..." Trump claimed that it won't be "long."
It won't be. 100% true. This planet has another 5 billion years in it. The virus impact & length will be nil. See how one can make his response 100% correct? The opposite of the media who twist any nugget they can find it in a negative way.

There is still NO nationwide stay at home order & there is still NO plan for emergency supplies from our General Government. As of today, there are over seven THOUSAND dead Americans. 

trump has failed....plain and simple 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread