What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Government Response To The Coronavirus (12 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can always expect that some people are going to be lazy, some people are not going to get the message, we can calculate that in.

But in this situation we actually have people who are encouraging others NOT to wear masks. Beginning with the President and many of his supporters. Some of them are in this forum, like @tonydead

As far as I’m concerned, encouraging people not to wear masks is the moral equivalent of criminal behavior. 
In an NPR interview yesterday, Fauci said multiple times that people should avoid crowds and wear masks. And if one can't avoid crowds masks are a must. He hasn't spoken to Trump in 2 weeks. 

He also said it's not an all or nothing in regards to the opening of the economy. Communities need to be able to effectively test, quarantine and contact trace to prevent another wave. His verbal and communication skills are superb; he was a classics major.

I'm paraphrasing from memory, here is the interview: https://www.npr.org/2020/06/16/878385811/dr-anthony-fauci-doesnt-get-much-sleep

Also PENCE:

“Some of the increase in cases you're seeing in states is a reflection of a dramatic increase in testing."

RESPONSE from the department of that’s not how that works:

This may seem counter intuitive, but if you are doing enough testing, cases should start to go down because you are finding people early before they spread it. Let’s look at a few state examples:

• New York - testing is clearly up and cases are down.
• Florida - testing is roughly holding steady and yet cases are climbing. 
• Oklahoma - cases are going up while testing has actually been going down. Oh-claw-home-ah are you ready to R U M B L E ??!!! Let’s jam 20,000 into an arena this Saturday and see if anything happens.

In other news, 24 Fitness just filed for Chapter 11 and is closing down 132 locations. AT&T is closing down 250 retail stores. 

We’re not seeing recovery any time soon, not in jobs anyhow. A lot of  these retail jobs are gone forever. And the entire retail shopping center industry needs to retool. It’s going to get very ugly...

In other news, 24 Fitness just filed for Chapter 11 and is closing down 132 locations. AT&T is closing down 250 retail stores. 

We’re not seeing recovery any time soon, not in jobs anyhow. A lot of  these retail jobs are gone forever. And the entire retail shopping center industry needs to retool. It’s going to get very ugly...
Amazon is not unhappy

Amazon is not unhappy
They might want to reconsider. Sure they take over more of the marketplace, but as buying power goes down that’s a net negative for them. Unless we’re willing to convert to a Basic Income Guarantee system pretty damn quickly, you’re going to have a whole lot of people without excess spending ability. 

They might want to reconsider. Sure they take over more of the marketplace, but as buying power goes down that’s a net negative for them. Unless we’re willing to convert to a Basic Income Guarantee system pretty damn quickly, you’re going to have a whole lot of people without excess spending ability. 
One could argue that Amazon has the ability to wait this out, capitalizing on the increased failure of in-person retail over the long run.

Also PENCE:

“Some of the increase in cases you're seeing in states is a reflection of a dramatic increase in testing."

RESPONSE from the department of that’s not how that works:

This may seem counter intuitive, but if you are doing enough testing, cases should start to go down because you are finding people early before they spread it. Let’s look at a few state examples:

• New York - testing is clearly up and cases are down.
• Florida - testing is roughly holding steady and yet cases are climbing. 
• Oklahoma - cases are going up while testing has actually been going down. Oh-claw-home-ah are you ready to R U M B L E ??!!! Let’s jam 20,000 into an arena this Saturday and see if anything happens.
In Florida, not only are we heading steady in testing (and I think we've done a pretty good job in that regard) we're also increasing in positivity rate.

Governor Ducey of AZ just gave mayors the ability to mandate masks rather than doing a state mandate because each city has different needs. Earlier this month he imposed a state wide curfew for a full week. Glad he’s consistent.

Governor Ducey of AZ just gave mayors the ability to mandate masks rather than doing a state mandate because each city has different needs. Earlier this month he imposed a state wide curfew for a full week. Glad he’s consistent.
Numerous local Sheriffs saying they won’t enforce the rules. Soft arrogant country we got here. 

Oof

https://apnews.com/b2d7a8af05e862dc3e1d1c3d0cf0afd0

A church in rural northeastern Oregon is now the epicenter of the state’s largest coronavirus outbreak, as 236 people tested positive for the disease, authorities said Tuesday.

The largest outbreak, which was first made public Monday, is associated with Lighthouse Pentecostal Church in Union County.

The Observer newspaper of La Grande reported that the church held services in April and May even though Oregon COVID-19 restrictions limited gatherings. Also, The Observer reported the facility recently held a wedding and a graduation ceremony, each with more than 100 people

Anyone know what they are doing with the 63+ million doses of hydroxychloroquine we stock piled?  Can we send them back for a refund?

"A Republican sheriff in Arizona who said he would not enforce the state's emergency coronavirus orders has come down with COVID-19. Pinal County Sheriff Mark Lamb announced on Facebook on Wednesday that he had tested positive, likely from attending a campaign event on Saturday."

I want to highlight the last part of this because I work on campaigns, and the Dems are still doing everything virtually, but the GOP is out canvassing and holding in-person events including an upcoming student thing with Trump. The GOP in my legislative district hold bi-weekly Trump worship parties at a local pizza place.

Keep holding these live events, guys.

McBokonon said:
"A Republican sheriff in Arizona who said he would not enforce the state's emergency coronavirus orders has come down with COVID-19. Pinal County Sheriff Mark Lamb announced on Facebook on Wednesday that he had tested positive, likely from attending a campaign event on Saturday."

I want to highlight the last part of this because I work on campaigns, and the Dems are still doing everything virtually, but the GOP is out canvassing and holding in-person events including an upcoming student thing with Trump. The GOP in my legislative district hold bi-weekly Trump worship parties at a local pizza place.

Keep holding these live events, guys.
Here’s the video

Watch Republican Sheriff MAGA spread COVID to all of his mask-less MAGA fans!

Florida with another all time high in new cases today at 3,822.  The graph is scary.  As others have mentioned, positivity rates are also increasing so this isn't about new testing.  Of course, our governor, Ron "Trump-lite" Desantis isn't going to miss an opportunity to place the blame on brown people.  

Desantis blames rise on Hispanic workers

Florida with another all time high in new cases today at 3,822.  The graph is scary.  As others have mentioned, positivity rates are also increasing so this isn't about new testing.  Of course, our governor, Ron "Trump-lite" Desantis isn't going to miss an opportunity to place the blame on brown people.  

"Florida Agriculture Commissioner Nikki Fried argued that the majority of farmworkers left several weeks ago after harvests ended and that the real uptick is in non-agricultural areas, according to the Miami Herald."

:lmao: Why are all these people on TV still working from home. NYC the epicenter is even opening up. Get back to work guppies.  
If they can work from home and still do their job, why does that bother you?
More importantly, why does he think that people who are already working from home need to get back to work?

"Why are all these baseball players throwing the ball? Get back to throwing the ball!"

"Florida Agriculture Commissioner Nikki Fried argued that the majority of farmworkers left several weeks ago after harvests ended and that the real uptick is in non-agricultural areas, according to the Miami Herald."
The spin zone is in full affect down here :lmao:  

The more comedic part of this whole thing are all the "get back to work!!!!!" people who were also the "they better follow the guidelines!!!!" people when Trump's "guidelines" came out

31,000+ new cases today in US (most since first day or so of May). Yep, we're doing real well.

55000+!?!?! in Brazil. At least we aren't Brazil.

Just got home from a brutal ER shift. Saw 7 new covids myself, partners saw a bunch too.Huge huge jump from 2 weeks ago, when I was seeing zero to one a shift. 
didn’t have to intubate any but 3 of mine needed admitted for hypoxia

I come home and see  trumps rally remarks about “Kung flu” and slowing testing down to make him look better

just infuriating.  Why are healthcare workers risking our lives needlessly more so trump can tell people it’s a hoax?   Why are we doing this for these anti mask anti science crusaders?  So depressing.  Good night y’all 

Just got home from a brutal ER shift. Saw 7 new covids myself, partners saw a bunch too.Huge huge jump from 2 weeks ago, when I was seeing zero to one a shift. 
didn’t have to intubate any but 3 of mine needed admitted for hypoxia

I come home and see  trumps rally remarks about “Kung flu” and slowing testing down to make him look better

just infuriating.  Why are healthcare workers risking our lives needlessly more so trump can tell people it’s a hoax?   Why are we doing this for these anti mask anti science crusaders?  So depressing.  Good night y’all 
Because there are millions of people worth doing it for. Stay strong, get some rest and most of all thank you for all your hard work.

Doctors pretty much all say we need increased testing to box this in..determine who has it, where it is, who has been exposed...

Trump...nah, fewer tests.

And yeah, people still support that.

Republicans criticized Obama for 12,000 H1N1 deaths in 10 months. We're now over 120,000 covid-19 deaths in 4 months. And many think he's doing a wonderful job. Hypocrites.
Democrats applauded and encouraged rioting and protesting without a damn word about Covid-19 but someone goes to a rally or the supermarket without a mask and they are the worst person on earth.  Hypocrites

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread