What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Government Response To The Coronavirus (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will. Will you ask the same for everybody else?

Or you just going to ignore all the blatant falsehoods, hysteria and downright nonsense being posted in these forms by those that agree with you?
So we’re back to the hysteria talking point?  I’d say you’re better than this, but....

No, because as far as i know, I don't believe in blatant falsehoods.  If you have evidence to show otherwise, ill be happy to reconsider. 
How do I quote all the posts in the PSF?

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/science/article/3074131/coronavirus-highly-sensitive-high-temperatures-dont-bank-summer

You don't believe in false hoods but yet here you are defending all of them.

If only you guys could step out of your bodies and read your own posts.  Some of you guys are off the charts. I'm not saying you necessarily, but I've seen some pretty big doozies in here.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's how you kill a single cell, not an epidemic.  Was the Spanish Flu killed in the summer of 1918?
I have no idea. Was it?  That's not really the point, though.   The virus does indeed die in hotter weather.

Maybe the summer will kill off the panic.  Well the coronavirus is indeed a problem, it's nowhere near the deadly rate of SARS or MRSA or even bird flu.  I'm not saying that someone dying is a good thing I'm just saying let's put this into perspective.  What do you expect Trump to do? Hold your hand?

Or how about doing the normal things we do when you're sick? Stay home.  Wash your hands, etc...

Also, I hate to say this, but calling at the Spanish flu is racist.

I have no idea. Was it?  That's not really the point, though.   The virus does indeed die in hotter weather.

Maybe the summer will kill off the panic.  Well the coronavirus is indeed a problem, it's nowhere near the deadly rate of SARS or MRSA or even bird flu.  I'm not saying that someone dying is a good thing I'm just saying let's put this into perspective.  What do you expect Trump to do? Hold your hand?

Or how about doing the normal things we do when you're sick? Stay home.  Wash your hands, etc...

Also, I hate to say this, but calling at the Spanish flu is racist.
Really don’t want to interrupt your guys slap fight, but the bolded is interesting. If by bird flu you mean Avian Flu NH5N1 I sure hope the death rate isn’t as high as that, it has a mortality rate of 60%.  

BladeRunner said:

The virus is easily killed by ultraviolet light by the sun

Excuse me, but why are you changing the narrative from "hotter weather" (which is what Trump claimed) to "ultraviolet light"?

Those two things are not mutually exclusive.

• February 10: Trump says without evidence that the coronavirus “dies with the hotter weather”
  • February 24: Trump baselessly claims the situation is “under control”
  • February 25: A senior White House official falsely claims the virus has been “contained”
  • February 25: Trump falsely claims Ebola mortality was “a virtual 100%”
  • February 25: Trump falsely claims “nobody had ever even heard of Ebola” in 2014
  • February 26: Trump wrongly says the coronavirus “is a flu”
  • February 26: Trump baselessly predicts the number of US cases is “going very substantially down” to “close to zero”
  • February 26: Trump wrongly says the flu death rate is “much higher” than Dr. Sanjay Gupta said
  • February 27: Trump baselessly hints at a “miracle”
  • February 28: Trump baselessly hints at an immigration link to the virus
  • February 29: Trump exaggerates Tim Cook’s comments about Apple and China
  • March 1: Azar wrongly says 3,600 people have been tested
  • March 2: Trump falsely claims “nobody knew” the number of US flu deaths
  • March 2: Trump says a vaccine is coming “relatively soon”
  • March 4: Trump falsely claims Obama impeded testing
  • March 4: Trump wrongly says as many as 100,000 people died of the flu in 1990
  • March 4: Trump says “the borders are automatically shut down”
  • March 4: Trump says he believes there was a coronavirus death in New York, though there hadn’t been one
  • March 4: Trump falsely claims the Obama administration “didn’t do anything” about H1N1
  • March 5: Trump misleadingly describes a Gallup poll relating to his handling of the virus
  • March 5: Trump wrongly claims the virus only hit the US “three weeks ago”
  • March 6: Azar wrongly claims there is no test shortage
  • March 6: As the number of cases and deaths in Italy rises, Trump says the number is “getting much better”
  • March 6: Trump falsely claims anybody can get tested if they want
  • March 6: Trump exaggerates the number of people on the Grand Princess cruise ship
  • March 6: Trump falsely says US coronavirus numbers “are lower than just about anybody”
  • March 6: Trump baselessly muses that “maybe” the coronavirus improved US jobs numbers
  • March 9: Pence says Trump’s “priority” was getting Americans off the ship

So "incredibly lucky' to have such a creator and pusher of "fake news" and outright liar as our President.   :tfp:
You probably wouldn't be shocked to learn that I've heard most of these, particularl the "hot weather" lie, repeated dozens of times on talk radio, as fact, by random callers as recently as today. 

❌

The virus doesn't die out, especially in people, during warmer weather. It just gets harder to transmit.

Right off the bat...the hot weather thing was so dumb.  It isn't about it dying...its about more people being outside rather than indoors which helps slow it being spread.

He is dangerous from the standpoint of acting like he knows something...but he is almost always speaking out of pure ignorance on any number of issues...mainly out of not actually listening to the experts who are telling him the facts.
:goodposting: s

China seems to be ramping up the rhetoric that the USA is actually behind the virus. 

China government spokesman says U.S. military may have brought virus to China

Also saw several (likely) Reddit bot accounts pushing a GlobalResearch article (conspiracy site) claiming that the USA was the only country which had examples of all the variations of the virus observed worldwide and that it may have been brought to Wuhan during the World Military Games in October 2019. They also claim that the unexplained US vaping deaths may have instead been coronavirus (lol). Maybe the China spokesman read those? Will be interesting to see how Trump responds if these claims reach higher in China's government.

China seems to be ramping up the rhetoric that the USA is actually behind the virus. 

China government spokesman says U.S. military may have brought virus to China

Also saw several (likely) Reddit bot accounts pushing a GlobalResearch article (conspiracy site) claiming that the USA was the only country which had examples of all the variations of the virus observed worldwide and that it may have been brought to Wuhan during the World Military Games in October 2019. Maybe the China spokesman read those? Will be interesting to see how Trump responds if these claims reach higher in China's government.
Yeah they assuredly have their versions of Senator Tom Cotton as well.  :wall:

Excuse me, but why are you changing the narrative from "hotter weather" (which is what Trump claimed) to "ultraviolet light"?

Those two things are not mutually exclusive.
I didn't. I also mentioned that you could kill the virus by throwing it in your dryer.

Maybe you missed that part?  Heat does indeed kill the virus.

You probably wouldn't be shocked to learn that I've heard most of these, particularl the "hot weather" lie, repeated dozens of times on talk radio, as fact, by random callers as recently as today. 
You're the same guy that said this is going to kill 1,000 people a day.  Which is blatantly false.

I didn't. I also mentioned that you could kill the virus by throwing it in your dryer.

Maybe you missed that part?  Heat does indeed kill the virus.
I’m not sure throwing sick people in the dryer is going to help, but it’s an interesting thought. 😉.  
I did have a buddy in college who accidentally turned on our dryer with our cat in it.  I will never forget the thumping sound.  

I’m not sure throw in sick people in the dryer is going to help, but it’s an interesting thought. 😉.  
I did have a buddy in college who accidentally turned on our dryer with our cat in it.  I will never forget the thumping sound.  
Did the cat have Corona virus when it came out?

I rest my case.  😜

I’m not sure throw in sick people in the dryer is going to help, but it’s an interesting thought. 😉.  
Cat was virus free though!  Dead kitty.

This is so wrong. He was quoting a doctor on CNBC.
And then he popped in another thread and double down and changed his panic level to 10 from 7.

It doesn't matter if he was quoting a doctor, that doctor was wrong and incorrect. China isn't even having 1,000 people a day die. What makes him think it's going to happen here? And they have 750 million more people than we do.

The point is you guys are taking everything at face value. There's no critical thinking going on you're just reacting.  

As long as it harms Trump you'll believe it.  You guys are amping up the panic and hysteria by believing everything and anything and then broadcasting it in places like here.

Absolutely untrue.  Full stop.

Trump is just a man.  blame should fall on those that voted for him and continue to support him, even today.
Man this same old divisive targeted $hit is why Trump will ultimately win in November.  

Over the last week, I've really soul searched and asked myself how much Donald Trump is the problem here.  And while I don't think ANYONE does a great job with an unpredictable new strain of unknown deadly virus--I also think the world we're living in is about at the worst it could be.  

I think Maybe Trump shouldn't be president for just these times.   Despite the things I like about him--this is the 4th quarter.  And if you can't get it done in the 4th quarter, you can't win.  Maybe I'll vote for Biden in November.  There are other issues I like about Biden.

BUT THEN

Here comes Moleculo.  Telling me how awful I am for having supported Trump.  I feel mad.  I feel attacked.  I'm apparently responsible for sickness and death.  And I think I don't really want to be on the team that attacks me.  And rather than crossing the divide, I remember why it's hard to get on board with the other side.  

And I could turn it around.  I could say that I voted for Trump because I hated your candidate in 2016 more than I hated Trump.  And many Americans feel that way.  Maybe if the Democrats hadn't nominated Hillary, then this wouldn't be happening.  So, you're in fact responsible for death and sickness.

Pointing fingers without merit or accountability is fun.  

OR perhaps, China did a bad job, and it was inevitably going to spread.  And a random guy from Kentucky that posts on footballguys has not a damn thing to do with it.  Perhaps we should all try to be friends and on the same team while this pandemic is affecting us all.  

But you do you pumpkin.

Man this same old divisive targeted $hit is why Trump will ultimately win in November.  

Over the last week, I've really soul searched and asked myself how much Donald Trump is the problem here.  And while I don't think ANYONE does a great job with an unpredictable new strain of unknown deadly virus--I also think the world we're living in is about at the worst it could be.  

I think Maybe Trump shouldn't be president for just these times.   Despite the things I like about him--this is the 4th quarter.  And if you can't get it done in the 4th quarter, you can't win.  Maybe I'll vote for Biden in November.  There are other issues I like about Biden.

BUT THEN

Here comes Moleculo.  Telling me how awful I am for having supported Trump.  I feel mad.  I feel attacked.  I'm apparently responsible for sickness and death.  And I think I don't really want to be on the team that attacks me.  And rather than crossing the divide, I remember why it's hard to get on board with the other side.  

And I could turn it around.  I could say that I voted for Trump because I hated your candidate in 2016 more than I hated Trump.  And many Americans feel that way.  Maybe if the Democrats hadn't nominated Hillary, then this wouldn't be happening.  So, you're in fact responsible for death and sickness.

OR perhaps, China did a bad job, and it was inevitably going to spread.  And a random guy from Kentucky that posts on footballguys has not a damn thing to do with it.  Perhaps we should all try to be friends and on the same team while this pandemic is affecting us all.  

But you do you pumpkin.
We should just lock the thread right here.  👍

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/science/article/3074131/coronavirus-highly-sensitive-high-temperatures-dont-bank-summer

You don't believe in false hoods but yet here you are defending all of them.

If only you guys could step out of your bodies and read your own posts. 
I’d like to for sure. I’m trying to be conscious of seeing things through my own prism. I feel like I’ve lived through this before in Katrina, I mean the part about trying to gain information through all the haze.

I honestly don’t know much about this stuff. Thanks for the link, about that:

>>However, a separate study by a group of researchers including epidemiologist Marc Lipsitch from Harvard’s T.H. Chan School of Public Health, found that sustained transmission of the coronavirus and the rapid growth in infections was possible in a range of humidity conditions – from cold and dry provinces in China to tropical locations, such as the Guangxi Zhuang autonomous region in the far south of the country and Singapore.

.“Weather alone, [such as an] increase of temperature and humidity as the spring and summer months arrive in the Northern Hemisphere, will not necessarily lead to declines in case counts without the implementation of extensive public health interventions,” said the study, which was published in February and is also awaiting scientific review.

...Mike Ryan, executive director of the World Health Organisation’s health emergencies programme, also urged people not to assume the epidemic would automatically subside in the summer.

“We have to assume the virus will continue to have the capacity to spread,” he said.

“It’s a false hope to say, yes, it will disappear like the flu … we can’t make that assumption. And there is no evidence.”<<

- Obviously living where I do there’s nothing I would rather believe or hope for that this will just evaporate. It’s already getting in the 80s here, but I’m not anticipating the numbers to slow or dwindle.

BUT THEN

But you do you pumpkin.
jm- over the past few weeks I’ve really come to enjoy your posts and perspectives.  While we don’t always see eye to eye on subjects you’re clearly rational and well thought out. Thank you.  

With that said, I believe there is a glaring hole in your point above.  While I would never attempt to tell you or anyone how to feel (and your post here largely is about how you feel) I don’t understand how you and feel “mad” and “attacked” (probably rightly so) but then turn around and support the person who attacks and desegregates more then anyone. It’s a Trump defining quality.  

re: the bolded.  I couldn’t agree more

jm- over the past few weeks I’ve really come to enjoy your posts and perspectives.  While we don’t alway see eye to eye on subjects your clearly rational and well thought out. Thank you.  

With that said, I believe there is a glaring hole in your point above.  While I would never attempt to tell you or anyone how to feel (and your post here largely is about how you feel) I don’t understand how you and feel “mad” and “attacked” (probably rightly so) but then turn around and support the person who attacks and desegregates more then anyone. It’s a Trump defining quality.  
Ha.  I get what you're saying. 

But when someone says "Trump supporters are responsible for all this," you feel the need to distance yourself from that.  I don't want to associate or be on the team of the people that are accusing me of being responsible for the sickness and death in this country.  

People post this message of harmony and working together--but then go after anyone who didn't vote like them.  

You can't have it both ways.  You want to unite the country--don't attack the people who don't vote like you.  You wan't to spew divisive rhetoric on here?  That's fine too.  But spare me about how Trump is so divisive.  It's obviously ok for everyone else to do it.  (not aimed at you @dkp993)

I don’t tweet.  My social media presence is limited to this fine establishment 
You should honestly get a Twitter.  All the actual news breaks on there.  There's someone that's over the top insanely passionate about everything.  I rarely tweet, but I love checking the updates.  

And then he popped in another thread and double down and changed his panic level to 10 from 7.

It doesn't matter if he was quoting a doctor, that doctor was wrong and incorrect. China isn't even having 1,000 people a day die. What makes him think it's going to happen here? And they have 750 million more people than we do.

The point is you guys are taking everything at face value. There's no critical thinking going on you're just reacting.  

As long as it harms Trump you'll believe it.  You guys are amping up the panic and hysteria by believing everything and anything and then broadcasting it in places like here.
Welcome to everyday in the PSF my friend. 😂

You are dead on buddy but it’s not worth the time. Good to see posts like yours calling it for what it is though. 

Ha.  I get what you're saying. 

But when someone says "Trump supporters are responsible for all this," you feel the need to distance yourself from that.  I don't want to associate or be on the team of the people that are accusing me of being responsible for the sickness and death in this country.  

People post this message of harmony and working together--but then go after anyone who didn't vote like them.  

You can't have it both ways.  You want to unite the country--don't attack the people who don't vote like you.  You wan't to spew divisive rhetoric on here?  That's fine too.  But spare me about how Trump is so divisive.  It's obviously ok for everyone else to do it.  (not aimed at you @dkp993)
I completely agree with you. It’s happening on the right too though.  The lumping together is a human condition not just an anti Trump crowd exclusive.  The amount of times around here and elsewhere Trump supporters have lumped non Trump supports into the libs, socialist, left category while talking about how they ruin the country could fill an landfill. As mad as it makes me it has yet to drive me to vote for Bernie.  🤷‍♂️  

Vote 3rd party my friend😉.  

You should honestly get a Twitter.  All the actual news breaks on there.  There's someone that's over the top insanely passionate about everything.  I rarely tweet, but I love checking the updates.  
Thx. I actually do have a Twitter for exactly what you say.  I’ve never tweeted though and don’t have 1 person I know in real life as a “friend” on there.  It’s strictly an info, news, enjoyment feed.  It’s my drama free zone. Lol 

jm- over the past few weeks I’ve really come to enjoy your posts and perspectives.  While we don’t alway see eye to eye on subjects your clearly rational and well thought out. Thank you.  

re: the bolded.  I couldn’t agree more
What’s even more interesting is how those that spend their day attacking Trump in here use even more childish behavior attempting to attack and insult anyone on the other side that doesn’t fall in line. Is it not better to lead by example than act childish, insult, shout others down etc and say “he does it so I can to”? Many of those that spend a lot of time Trump bashing oddly act a lot like him. Weird world we live in. 

What’s even more interesting is how those that spend their day attacking Trump in here use even more childish behavior attempting to attack and insult anyone on the other side that doesn’t fall in line. Is it not better to lead by example than act childish, insult, shout others day etc and say “he does it so I can to”? Many of those that spend a lot of time Trump bashing oddly act a lot like him. Weird world we live in. 
I do not disagree.  I would just hope the example was set by the POTUS and not just the random person on the internet.  But your point is valid.  

YouGov has released some polling data on the government's virus response. Unsurprisingly, Trump's approval numbers here are virtually identical to his general job approval numbers.

Code:
Do you trust Trump personally to be honest about the threat of coronavirus?
Yes 33%
No 53%

Are you satisifed the administration is doing everything it can to stop the virus?
Yes 37%
No 44%

Trump job approval on coronavirus:
Approve 41%
Disapprove 46%

He's actually busy tweeting about H1N1.  So...at least he's thinking about a virus.
Ok. I’m trying to respect this guy with what we are dealing with. Really, really hard. I’m trying to remove all the last 4 years of his complete, utter nonsense. 

This is a very important time in our nation, a pivotal moment. I read your post not 100% sure what’s up. 

I pull up his Twitter and read that #### only to be disappointed. I knew I would be. He’s quoting Lou ####### Dobbs. This is how the president chooses to talk to the nation...channeling Lou Dobbs.

Such a low point we are in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread