Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
James Daulton

Government Response To The Coronavirus

15 minutes ago, parasaurolophus said:

The study was linked in your article. You dont get to pretend that didnt happen now. 

And the text you put above isnt actually a quote from the doctor. Here is an actual quote. 

"A surgical mask might provide some protection, but it's going to be very modest," said Dr. William Schaffner, a professor of preventive medicine at Vanderbilt University in Nashville, Tenn.

Which is very much in line with the other actual quote that was in the article you linked that I already posted. 

This guy is literally confirming what i said. Not refuting it. 

I am not pretending man.  But the article itself is discuss this actual virus amd how the masks aren’t effective.  Thats the point.  I think I and the article have made that point so Im moving on.

8 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

I am not pretending man.  But the article itself is discuss this actual virus amd how the masks aren’t effective.  Thats the point.  I think I and the article have made that point so Im moving on.

You should run over to the drive through testing stations and tell all the workers to take their masks off on the way back from picking your kids up from the theme park. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, JbizzleMan said:

https://twitter.com/chadbown/status/1238570924527489026?s=21

Despite warnings from health experts, Trump’s began imposing 25 percent tariffs on Chinese medical equipment in July 2018.

The tariffs resulted in a sharp decline in US imports from China of many of these critical medical products between 2017 and 2019...   3/

Not sure why exactly this is Trumps fault.  He basically told people to stop relying on China for this critical equipment and they just decided they didn’t need it?

1 minute ago, tonydead said:

You should run over to the drive through testing stations and tell all the workers to take their masks off on the way back from picking your kids up from the theme park. 

And you should try not making things personal and just stick to advancing the actual conversation.
Im guessing they are using the proper masks and not plain surgical masks.  Then again...the article (had you read it rather than rushed to try and take a shot at me) is about the general public and not healthcare workers...who would be more likely to use more than just the typical surgical masks.

This thread man, it had so much potential but now is just a microcosm of this whole PSF. I just can’t fathom at this point what it’s going to take to break this divide.  

Just now, sho nuff said:

And you should try not making things personal and just stick to advancing the actual conversation.
Im guessing they are using the proper masks and not plain surgical masks.  Then again...the article (had you read it rather than rushed to try and take a shot at me) is about the general public and not healthcare workers...who would be more likely to use more than just the typical surgical masks.

The N95 masks aren’t rocket science to use.  Singapore Health put out a simple video about a month ago.  They are uncomfortable to wear for extended time periods as they get hot and wet inside (insert joke here).  They are effective though and anyone arguing otherwise should ask themselves why health professionals dealing with sick patients wear them (it’s because they work).  If there were an unlimited supply and everyone wore them when in public this virus would stop in its tracks as most transmission is from oral/nasal droplets.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

This thread man, it had so much potential but now is just a microcosm of this whole PSF. I just can’t fathom at this point what it’s going to take to break this divide.  

Many thousands of Americans dying usually brings us together. So decent chance it'll occur in the next few months.

2 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Nope. Surgical masks and little plastic visors.

Why do you think they wear those if they dont help at all?

Why do you make claims based off a guess?  

It seems like some progress is being made. The stock market sure liked it, anyhow. 

I play the blame game as much as anyone here and when this is all over I’m certain there will be a lot to say about that. But for the moment at least the Republicans and Democrats seem to be working together. So let’s move forward and solve the problems if we can. 

Just now, KPD said:

The N95 masks aren’t rocket science to use.  Singapore Health put out a simple video about a month ago.  They are uncomfortable to wear for extended time periods as they get hot and wet inside (insert joke here).  They are effective though and anyone arguing otherwise should ask themselves why health professionals dealing with sick patients wear them (it’s because they work).  If there were an unlimited supply and everyone wore them when in public this virus would stop in its tracks as most transmission is from oral/nasal droplets.

Right...The article wasn't about those masks but the typical surgical masks.  Also about how people don't get a good seal on many masks leading to a lowering of their effectiveness (and I may be confusing the article with some of what he said on radio today).

3 minutes ago, tonydead said:

Not trying to quibble here, as your point is mostly correct. But the mask and visor pictured in your link actually don't work all that well. Notice how airborne contaminants can just fall right down into your face? That visor is like a germ funnel straight into your mug.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tonydead said:

I made claims based on the discussions of an expert in the field.  You should take it up with him and those administering tests be should be using better masks to protect themselves.

Just now, Herb said:

Not trying to quibble here, as your point is mostly correct. But the mask and visor pictured in your link actually don't work all that well. Notice how airborne contaminants can just fall right down into your face? That visor is like a germ funnel straight into your mug.

I know they dont work super well and they would be wearing N95 masks or better if they could. I'm responding to a poster that has no idea what he is talking about, running around spouting bad information on the regular. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, Herb said:

Many thousands of Americans dying usually brings us together. So decent chance it'll occur in the next few months.

I’d say “I hope so” but really don’t want the many thousands dying part. But I’m shocked honestly that where we are now hasn’t done it.  It’s massively disheartening. 

3 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

I made claims based on the discussions of an expert in the field.  You should take it up with him and those administering tests be should be using better masks to protect themselves.

Like I said. You should stop by on your way back from the airport and let them know. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tonydead said:

I know they dont work super well and they would be wearing N95 masks or better if they could. I'm responding to a poster that has no idea what he is talking about, running around spouting bad information on the regular. 

I cited an expert in the matter...seems his information is better than yours.  Please stop with the personal bs

• Laughing 1

Just now, tonydead said:

Like I said. You should stop by on your way back from the airport and let them know. 

What airport?  Please stop posting about things you dont have a clue about in order to get personal with  me....it’s unwarranted and not advancing any discussion here.

• Laughing 1

1 minute ago, dkp993 said:

I’d say “I hope so” but really don’t want the many thousands dying part. But I’m shocked honestly that where we are now hasn’t done it.  It’s massively disheartening. 

I agree.  The unjustified attacks on Trump on how he is handling this is very disturbing.  

• Like 2
  • Laughing 1

5 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

I cited an expert in the matter...seems his information is better than yours.  Please stop with the personal bs

No, you cited him incorrectly. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sneegor said:

I agree.  The unjustified attacks on Trump on how he is handling this is very disturbing.  

Please don’t drag me into this slap fight.  I want no part of it.  Peace and love peace and love.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, beef said:

Best part of todays address for me was knowing that Walmart, Target, Walgreens and CVS will be helping do tests.  Great news for people that need one, and for me knowing where not to go.

Are there even enough tests to give to those places?

i know a guy from Google that knows a little about this.  all i can say is.....:lmao:

• Like 1

holy market manipulation batman

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, tonydead said:

No, you cited him incorrectly. 

Well...no..but thanks for trying.  I cited him talking about the ineffectiveness of the masks.  The article states that as he has when discussing it elsewhere.

9 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Well...no..but thanks for trying.  I cited him talking about the ineffectiveness of the masks.  The article states that as he has when discussing it elsewhere.

You said "not helping" and "ineffective".  And words matter, so please site the exact language in that article because it says no such thing. But, I see you are having trouble remembering what you've read or what you think you have heard. 

33 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

(and I may be confusing the article with some of what he said on radio today).

Probably not a good idead running around correcting people when you dont know what you are talking about for such an important topic. 

• Like 2

Just now, tonydead said:

You said "not helping" and "ineffective".  And words matter, so please site the exact language in that article because it says no such thing. But, I see you are having trouble remembering what you've read or what you think you have heard. 

Probably not a good idead running around correcting people when you dont know what you are talking about for such an important topic. 

I never claimed i used the exact language. So move on...the article backed the points ive been making.  Good bye now...take your shots...use your little laugh...then move on.

Just now, sho nuff said:

I never claimed i used the exact language. So move on...the article backed the points ive been making.  Good bye now...take your shots...use your little laugh...then move on.

Hopefully people dont listen to you because you said they dont help, which is false. Dont make it other people's problem because you dont think and choose your words correctly. 

oh ffs, just put each other on ignore already

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 5
  • Laughing 2

25 minutes ago, TheMagus said:

:shrug: And I'm not going to one to find out.

• Laughing 1

4 minutes ago, tonydead said:

Hopefully people dont listen to you

A lot easier to just scroll right past. 🙉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr Steven Brule said:

Can you recommend some news outlets that you feel are more reliable and less biased?

I found my local news is much better than FOX, CNN and MSNBC at just reporting any story as is.

43 minutes ago, TheMagus said:

I saw a news report that said one in MN is performing 300 a day and hoping to expand to 1000 a day soon. So yeah its ramping up. 

• Love 1

25 minutes ago, tonydead said:

I saw a news report that said one in MN is performing 300 a day and hoping to expand to 1000 a day soon. So yeah its ramping up. 

“Soon”

For an entire state.  And this late in the ballgame.  Great.

34 minutes ago, tonydead said:

The drive-thru site in Denver had so many cars in line they had to shut it down.  I don't think people realize how much traffic will be around their local walmarts and other businesses. At least at first.

• Like 1

That press conference by Trump today.

Yikes.

2 hours ago, Herb said:

I hit a grocery today. It was crazy busy and getting picked clean but everybody. -- I mean everybody -- was being super cool.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Mile High said:

The drive-thru site in Denver had so many cars in line they had to shut it down.  I don't think people realize how much traffic will be around their local walmarts and other businesses. At least at first.

Are you sure it was a test site and not a pot shop?  I'm ready to just say screw it and start tokin' up.

Seriously though, the thought of closed signs at tests sites across America won't ease minds.  Empty shelves have cause enough fears, what will that do?  Trump has to be right that more test are coming and they're coming fast.  

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, tonydead said:

Developed at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Mn. We Minnesotans can get things done. Worked around the clock to develop their own test.

Edited by lazyike
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, tonydead said:

So far only 550 tests in MN have been done total.  Hopefully that capacity starts soon.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sand said:

Associated twitter from Google.  They are indeed working on something.

Right, that's all covered in the article I linked. It isn't Google, it's a subsidiary under Alphabet that has no outward branding re: Google or anything like that. Sure, that part is a technicality, but it also has quotes from the company (Verily Life Sciences) indicating they have no capability or plan to implement it nationwide on any explicit time frame, and it will be a limited test available to the Bay Area next week. It was also intended only for healthcare workers, but because of what Trump said they're going to open it up to anyone. There aren't "1,700 developers" working on it. They also quote a Google source saying that they had no idea Trump was going to say anything about it, much less make it front and center as part of his proposed response to coordinate sending people to testing sites at these supermarkets. This was a key piece of what Trump and his people talked about last night and there's clearly a huge disconnect between what's real and what was talked about.

I have no doubt that Verily is going to do their best to make this happen, but the obvious miscommunication on this is concerning, to say the least.

• Like 2

Even at this stage, Trump still lies to the people.  Sociopath.  

• Like 2