What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Government Response To The Coronavirus (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Governor of Ohio has made it so that people can't eat inside restaurants starting after 9 pm tonight.  

I hate it, but it makes no sense to shut down sporting events and still let people gather in excess of 50 in 10's of thousands of restaurants and bars across the country.  It's annoying, but the right move.

The KY governor, Andy Beshear has done a lot of really good stuff in regards to this too.  We're closing schools and many churches have gone to online services.  I think we'll close restaurants soon.  There's one KY man who tested positive and chose not to self quarantine and now has police outside his door.  

I know we bicker a lot about things happening at the Federal level.  But strong leadership being shown at the state level.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh I see now...

Trump: "This is a very contagious virus. It's incredible. But it's something that we have tremendous control of." 

This is not a reality show

Quit trying to sell us something 

Quit the spin with your stupid adjectives that don’t have ANY relevance to what the #### you are talking about. 

Can you just be real for once??????

The Governor of Ohio has made it so that people can't eat inside restaurants starting after 9 pm tonight.  

I hate it, but it makes no sense to shut down sporting events and still let people gather in excess of 50 in 10's of thousands of restaurants and bars across the country.  It's annoying, but the right move.

The KY governor, Andy Beshear has done a lot of really good stuff in regards to this too.  We're closing schools and many churches have gone to online services.  I think we'll close restaurants soon.  There's one KY man who tested positive and chose not to self quarantine and now has police outside his door.  

I know we bicker a lot about things happening at the Federal level.  But strong leadership being shown at the state level.
Bars and wineries being shut down here in Cali.  Restaurants to cut capacity but will likely be shut down soon too.  I’m not sure how many make it through this even if they don’t get sick.  This is going to ruin 10’s of thousands of businesses across this country.  We’re f’d people.  

Bars and wineries being shut down here in Cali.  Restaurants to cut capacity but will likely be shut down soon too.  I’m not sure how many make it through this even if they don’t get sick.  This is going to ruin 10’s of thousands of businesses across this country.  We’re f’d people.  
This is what happens in a panic.  This is what the left wants.

Well, they got it.  Now watch them blame Trump for it.

Can I do anything to make you complain less about the posting habits of people in this forum?
Start with those on the left side of the aisle and then work your way over here.  You've passed up quite a few of those trying to get at @GoBirds;)

Ha-Ha.  Just kidding.  Please don't report me.  :(

This is what happens in a panic.  This is what the left wants.

Well, they got it.  Now watch them blame Trump for it.
This isn't a panic.  This is a strategic move.  We've seen other countries ultimately decide to do this.  We're just skipping several steps.  

We're not going to contain this.  We've got to flatten the curve so that we're not in the same boat Italy is deciding who lives and dies.  

It's silly to ban sport events but let people gather in restaurants and be around 50+ other people.  There are over 1,000,000 restaurants in the states and god knows how many bars.  That's A LOT of people contacting each other.  If we're going to allow it in smaller numbers but at tens-hundreds of thousands of locations--we're still not flattening the curve.

I honestly don't think supply chains will be disrupted if you're near a city. If you're in an area where any small disruption would cause a big problem for you, plan ahead now. Don't panic buy but do stock up what you'd need to lie low for at least a couple weeks (getting kinda late in the game for that but not all areas are hit equally hard).
Yeah, you are a day late and a Dollar Tree short.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread