What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Democratic VP candidates - Kamala Harris Is The Choice (2 Viewers)

I think George Soros is busy shipping children using Wayfair. Bill Gates is, of course, still dealing with the coronavirus he created. Trying times to be a rich liberal.
Soros is also tapped out after paying all those protestors

Who the next VP is will be determined in the basement of a Pizza Hut in downtown Manhattan.  Of course those of you who really know anything already knew that.

At those odds, I still say Grisham is the way to bet. She also is my preferred VP.
if she vets (as a New Mexican for many years, i know the Lujan family - one of the most important in the state - is rife w corruption skeletons) i think she's Biden's choice

What do you think causes these movements?
as one who believed Klobuchar was promised the Veep nod in exchange for her withdrawal, considering another candidate with a high-profile prosecutorial background seems contraindicated. 

if she vets (as a New Mexican for many years, i know the Lujan family - one of the most important in the state - is rife w corruption skeletons) i think she's Biden's choice

as one who believed Klobuchar was promised the Veep nod in exchange for her withdrawal, considering another candidate with a high-profile prosecutorial background seems contraindicated. 
Obviously everyone would need to vet, but there is no reason she won't. 

There are four black women being vetted out of six(?)  being speculated on, so there's two to rule out ..if only we knew which.......
------->  Harris, Rice, Bottoms, Demings, Abrams, Bass

Edit to clarify that the four are not the only potential candidates being vetted

Last edited by a moderator:
wikkidpissah said:

I'd be really shocked if he picked Lujan.

¿Por qué?
The lack of name recognition mostly and there's not the potential of delivering a state (a la Whitmer in Michigan, Demmings in FL, etc).

I have only seen her in quick interviews and she like a decent interview but wasn't blown away either. I have seen very little of her though.

The lack of name recognition mostly and there's not the potential of delivering a state (a la Whitmer in Michigan, Demmings in FL, etc).

I have only seen her in quick interviews and she like a decent interview but wasn't blown away either. I have seen very little of her though.
Since the only reason Pony Soldier Joe has the gig is that the Party got it for him and, since his opponent's wide swath has made this more a "don't blow it" than "play the %s" campaign, seems like the perfect time to bring the Latinx fully into the fold

Since the only reason Pony Soldier Joe has the gig is that the Party got it for him and, since his opponent's wide swath has made this more a "don't blow it" than "play the %s" campaign, seems like the perfect time to bring the Latinx fully into the fold
Perhaps. I think he’s going chalk and taking a well known favorite: Harris, Warren, Rice

If he’s going lesser known I’m guessing he goes Demmings or Whitmer.

I think making a pick without any waves is the smart call. I don't think lack of name recognition matters.

I do think she would help in Arizona and Texas. 

i can't really see where Demmings or Whitmer for sure deliver their state. Obviously if one of them could, then that should weigh heavily in his decision. But if the conventional wisdom holds trues that the VP pick barely offers much elctorally, then I want him to pick the most badass choice out there. And that is no doubt Duckworth.

i can't really see where Demmings or Whitmer for sure deliver their state. Obviously if one of them could, then that should weigh heavily in his decision. But if the conventional wisdom holds trues that the VP pick barely offers much elctorally, then I want him to pick the most badass choice out there. And that is no doubt Duckworth.
Duckworth has the best story.

Demmings resume on paper looks great as well.

Generally agree with you about delivering a state, but to the extent that it matters I see a difference between Whitmer (who easily won a statewide election two years ago) and Demings (who has only been elected to a single D+11 district).

In this election that might just work.
I'll trust them to do the homework, lots of in depth Q/A's etc and pick the right person. Lots of eyes on this obviously.

From the pure story not being super familiar with the people I have seen listed Duckworth and Demmings have the best stories.

Duckworth had the weird answer when being pressed about taking down monuments (saying that we should look at Jefferson I believe) which seemed pretty amateurish to me. It was just one moment in a 10 minute conversation though.

Good confirmation of Mayor Bottoms being on the short list?
Jimmy Fallon asked her how it felt to be on the short list and she responded that her twelve year old had just come in and asked what a short list is. :lol:  

Harris seen as Biden VP favorite as clock ticks

I normally ignore articles like this; as the old saying goes, those who know don’t talk and those who talk don’t know. The only thing that gives me pause is that we’re getting close enough to the actual decision that this could be a trial balloon. IIRC Obama did something similar with Biden in ‘08. 

• Thinking
Reactions: rct
Speaking of Harris, a good rule of thumb is to immediately discount the analysis of anyone who thinks that moment from the first primary debate will have any impact in Biden’s decision. The dude has been in politics for 50 years and is about to make the most consequential choice of his career. Do you really think he’s going to base it on a debate zinger? Who do you think he is, Trump?

The more I watch / read about Susan Rice the more I think Biden may pick her. Working history there, she’s tough as hell, great speaker. Hasn’t served in Congress probably works in her favor.

The more I watch / read about Susan Rice the more I think Biden may pick her. Working history there, she’s tough as hell, great speaker. Hasn’t served in Congress probably works in her favor.
She's been much more heavily favored in the betting markets than media buzz would suggest but she seems to be making her push now. I think she'll be the pick.

Benghazi.
Happened on Biden's watch too. If that's what the Trump campaign wants to run on they can do it regardless of the VP pick. But it won't matter unless virus is contained and the economy rebounds or Biden has some awful senior moments in the debate.

She's been much more heavily favored in the betting markets than media buzz would suggest but she seems to be making her push now. I think she'll be the pick.
She has a toughness about her but at the same time doesn't come across like a jerk or that it is an act.

She has been around the mechanism for awhile but not associated with Congress. Has gravitas but doesn't look old. 

They are doing all the deep investigation but on the surface from what I see would be a great pick.

Yes, she’s my choice despite any Benghazi concerns.  I think it would good to have someone with executive branch experience to help undo damage Trump has done.

For some reason I think Harris would complement Biden the most. I don't think she adds much politically in the sense that she will not bring a swing state or anything like that and she has a similarly centrist philosophy like Biden so she will not grab people that would not vote for Biden already, but I think she tends to come across as extremely competent when speaking, and could sort of be a mouth piece for the admin. I think she would see which ways the wind is blowing (whether it is due to political expediency vs personal change does not matter much), and be a little more malleable toward what the democratic majority wants compared to how she has been in the past. 

Users who are viewing this thread