What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kamala Harris Accused Of Plagiarizing Martin Luther King (1/5/21 14:23 PST) (1 Viewer)

GordonGekko

Footballguy
Direct Headline: Kamala Harris accused of plagiarizing MLK anecdote in October interview with Elle magazine

Critics say story told by VP-elect resembles 1965 reminiscence by King....Harris has repeatedly boasted of her parents' involvement in the civil rights movement of the 1960s. In the Elle interview, she recalled accompanying them to marches as a toddler in a stroller.

"Senator Kamala Harris started her life’s work young," writer Ashley C. Ford led off the piece. "She laughs from her gut, the way you would with family, as she remembers being wheeled through an Oakland, California, civil rights march in a stroller with no straps with her parents and her uncle. At some point, she fell from the stroller ... and the adults, caught up in the rapture of protest, just kept on marching. By the time they noticed little Kamala was gone and doubled back, she was understandably upset."

"My mother tells the story about how I’m fussing," Harris told the magazine. "And she’s like, ‘Baby, what do you want? What do you need?’ And I just looked at her and I said, ‘Fweedom.’"

After the interview resurfaced Monday, .....Andray Domise, contributing editor of the Canadian publication Maclean's, noted that Harris' story resembled one told by King in a 1965 interview published in Playboy....."I will never forget a moment in Birmingham when a White policeman accosted a little Negro girl, seven or eight years old, who was walking in a demonstration with her mother," King said at the time. "'What do you want?' the policeman asked her gruffly, and the little girl looked at him straight in the eye and answered, 'Fee-dom.' She couldn't even pronounce it, but she knew. It was beautiful! Many times when I have been in sorely trying situations, the memory of that little one has come into my mind, and has buoyed me...."

By Joseph A. Wulfsohn

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/kamala-harris-mlk-plagiarism

VIDEO: Charles Payne recounts an interaction he had with Kamala Harris Jan 5, 2021

Vice President-elect Kamala Harris accused of plagiarizing MLK Jr.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBvETOm47OI

CONTEXTUAL MATERIAL:

VIDEO: Flashback: In 1987, Biden’s Presidential Campaign Was Derailed By Charges Of Plagiarism Jun 4, 2019

A September 17, 1987 broadcast of the PBS News Hour discusses how Joe Biden’s 1988 presidential bid was derailed by charges of plagiarism.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XUC6_HZHuY

VIDEO: Tulsi Gabbard rips Kamala Harris' record on criminal prosecutions Jul 31, 2019

During CNN's Democratic presidential debate, Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (D-HI) tears into Sen. Kamala Harris' record when she served as an attorney general and district attorney

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4fjA0K2EeE

Direct Headline: ‘Fweedom’: Kamala Harris Story About Demanding Civil Rights As Toddler Lifted From 1965 MLK Jr. Interview

Referencing Biden’s willingness to work with notoriously segregationist former Democratic Sens. James O. Eastland of Mississippi and Herman Talmadge of Georgia, Harris said, “It was not only that, but you also worked with them to oppose busing. There was a little girl in California who was part of the second class to integrate her public schools and she was bused to school every day.....That little girl was me,” Harris added, whose campaign immediately tweeted a ready-to-go childhood photo of her in pigtails, staring intensely into the camera.

By Jon Brown Jan 4, 2021

https://www.dailywire.com/news/fwee...as-toddler-lifted-from-1965-mlk-jr-interview?

Direct Headline: Oops – Looks Like Kamala Harris ‘Fweedom’ Story Plagiarized From Martin Luther King, Jr. 1965 Interview

Joe Biden and Kamala Harris are two plagiarizing frauds. Biden plagiarized during law school and from RFK, Hubert Humphrey, JFK, and he stole the family history of a British politician. Now Kamala Harris plagiarized from MLK

Posted by Stacey Matthews/Steve Guest January 5, 2021 at 11:00am

https://legalinsurrection.com/2021/...ed-from-martin-luther-king-jr-1965-interview/

Last edited:
What's the relative outrage on this versus Trump's call to the GA SoS?  Like this is far worse, about the same, or not even in the same ballpark?  

Direct Headline:

Kamala Harris accused of plagiarizing MLK anecdote in October interview with Elle magazine

Critics say story told by VP-elect resembles 1965 reminiscence by King

By Joseph A. Wulfsohn | Fox News

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/kamala-harris-mlk-plagiarism

VIDEO:

Charles Payne recounts an interaction he had with Kamala Harris

1,785 views •Jan 5, 2021

Vice President-elect Kamala Harris accused of plagiarizing MLK Jr.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBvETOm47OI

CONTEXTUAL MATERIAL:

Flashback: In 1987, Biden’s Presidential Campaign Was Derailed By Charges Of Plagiarism

109,574 views •Jun 4, 2019

A September 17, 1987 broadcast of the PBS News Hour discusses how Joe Biden’s 1988 presidential bid was derailed by charges of plagiarism.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XUC6_HZHuY

Tulsi Gabbard rips Kamala Harris' record on criminal prosecutions

4,049,240 views •Jul 31, 2019

During CNN's Democratic presidential debate, Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (D-HI) tears into Sen. Kamala Harris' record when she served as an attorney general and district attorney

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4fjA0K2EeE

Direct Headline:

‘Fweedom’: Kamala Harris Story About Demanding Civil Rights As Toddler Lifted From 1965 MLK Jr. Interview

By  Jon Brown •Jan 4, 2021   DailyWire.com

https://www.dailywire.com/news/fweedom-kamala-harris-story-about-demanding-civil-rights-as-toddler-lifted-from-1965-mlk-jr-interview?

Direct Headline:

Oops – Looks Like Kamala Harris ‘Fweedom’ Story Plagiarized From Martin Luther King, Jr. 1965 Interview

Posted by Stacey Matthews    Tuesday, January 5, 2021 at 11:00am

https://legalinsurrection.com/2021/01/oops-looks-like-kamala-harris-fweedom-story-plagiarized-from-martin-luther-king-jr-1965-interview/
I’m old enough to to remember the outrage over a speech by the First Lady that was supposedly copied. The masses should be in here to condemn this any second.....

Not just MLK, she's plagiarizing the Bible.  Luke 2, where Jesus gets left behind before his parents return, search for three days, then find him in the temple.  (As I recall, the young boy is calling on the people to "bewieve!") 

Kamala has come across as calculating and disingenuous to me. I didn’t follow her super closely so that is mostly from the Dem debates and campaigning. She also seemed good at kicking some ### and not taking ####, saw that side of her in some of the hearings. 

Not my first pick among the Dem VP choices. I preferred Sharrod Brown, Susan Rice, or Pete. Kamala was the safest pick for sure.

This story doesn’t do much for my opinion of her as VP.

Nah. A whataboutism would be complaining about Melania plagiarizing her speech at the RNC.  This is just completely unrelated.
Telling some story you were told to some puff piece in Rolling Stone or whatever is pretty much on par of importance with a President pressuring states to overrule the vote in an election.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure why politicians either make up or embellish stories of their past.  Years ago you could probably get away with it but with internet and a severely divided populous, it just isn't going to work.

It's a pretty small thing to get worked up over but I understand why the Trump supporters are bringing it up. 

I'm not sure why politicians either make up or embellish stories of their past.  Years ago you could probably get away with it but with internet and a severely divided populous, it just isn't going to work.

It's a pretty small thing to get worked up over but I understand why the Trump supporters are bringing it up. 
Even if that story were 100% true, I still wouldn’t tell it as it is so groanworthy. 

This story reminds me of the previous mayor of my town. First time I met here was when I was volunteering for the DARE program. She told us a story about when she was younger and on the beach and saw a man throwing starfish that had washed on shore back in the water to save them. So she looked down the beach and saw miles of shore and tons of starfish. So she asked him why waste his time, he cant possibly make a difference with all those starfish and all those beaches. He then gave her a starfish and said you try. So she threw it back and he told her, you just made a difference for that one. And so she said if we could just help one child stay off of drugs we made a huge difference for that one child. 

Then I met her again volunteering for special olympics bowling regionals. She told us the same story. 

Met her one more time when our Key Club Board went to the mayor's office to make our presentation for a new scholarship award we wanted to create. Same story. 

Now I didnt actually know at the time that this was a popular tale. I remember thinking how lame it was she kept telling it. Figured it was probably at least based on a real experience. When I learned it was totally fabricated years later, because I heard somebody else tell it, and then looked into it, I remember wondering if she has told that crap story so many times that she actually believed it. 

Kamala has come across as calculating and disingenuous to me. I didn’t follow her super closely so that is mostly from the Dem debates and campaigning. She also seemed good at kicking some ### and not taking ####, saw that side of her in some of the hearings.

Not my first pick among the Dem VP choices. I preferred Sharrod Brown, Susan Rice, or Pete. Kamala was the safest pick for sure.

This story doesn’t do much for my opinion of her as VP.

"We invested an additional $12 billion into community banks, because we know community banks are in the community, and understand the needs and desires of that community as well as the talent and capacity of community..." - VPOTUS Kamala Harris

"We were all touring the library here and talking about the significance of the passage of time, right? The significance of the passage of time. So when you think about it, there is great significance to the passage of time in terms of what we need to do to lay these wires, what we need to do to create these jobs. And there is such great significance to the passage of time when we think about the day of the life of our children." - VPOTUS Kamala Harris

Yes, the "safe pick" for sure. You managed to line up Harris with

A) Someone who couldn't shake off sexual harassment claims

B) Someone who got caught fake bike riding while gaslighting the entire country by telling them all their problems with the out of control costs of gasoline would be to buy an electric vehicle that are only intermittently available, too expensive for many working class people - particularly minorities, and where the largest ownership base of EV's ( California under Newsom) cannot hold up it's own electrical grid. Only after taking three months off of work in one of the worst transportation crisis points in all of American history.

C) Someone considered to be the key American player in the Clinton Administration who enabled the Rwandan genocide.

Yes, if Harris ascended to POTUS, and would have tactical command of up to 6000+ nuclear weapons and the most powerful military apparatus in all of recorded human history, with the threat of Putin on the current global stage, I'm sure "safe" is the first word that most Americans who can't afford rent, gasoline nor food will pick.

Users who are viewing this thread