Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Da Gildz

2020 - How did I do thread

Welcome back!  Hope everyone is safe and well.  Early start to the FBG this season.  Probably will be drafting more teams then ever before...Here’s the 1st:

From the 3:

QB:  Brady (13), Burrow (16)

RB:  Zeke (1), J Taylor (4), Swift (5), Henderson (9), Armstead (11),  Benjamin (17)

WR:  Julio (2), Evans (3), Boyd (6), Edelman (8), Mike Will (10), Claypool (18), Duvernay (19)

TE:  Fant (7), Howard (12), Olsen (14)

K: Butker (15)

Def: TB (20)

1 hour ago, Da Gildz said:

Welcome back!  Hope everyone is safe and well.  Early start to the FBG this season.  Probably will be drafting more teams then ever before...Here’s the 1st:

From the 3:

RB:  Zeke (1), J Taylor (4), Swift (5), Henderson (9), Armstead (11),  Benjamin (17)

WR:  Julio (2), Evans (3), Boyd (6), Edelman (8), Mike Will (10), Claypool (18), Duvernay (19)

If you make the championship game you will be without Brady, Evans and TB DF for the most important league game of the year with TB on bye week 13.

19 hours ago, Dez said:

If you make the championship game you will be without Brady, Evans and TB DF for the most important league game of the year with TB on bye week 13.

Yep.  Not ideal.  

1 hour ago, Da Gildz said:

Yep.  Not ideal.  

Could be worse I drafted a team in RTS pre NFL Draft and assuming there would be no byes in week 13 since there has only been 1 other time 2016 when Cle and Tenn were on bye that year week 13 but no one cared much since neither team was with star players.  In RTS they don't start playoffs until week 13 so normally your safe.

I had 1 pick took McCaffrey followed up with Evans in 2nd round so pretty much throw that team in the trash.  Hard to overcome that.

On 5/8/2020 at 12:58 PM, Da Gildz said:

From the 3:

Going all in on rookies isn't my thing - much prefer proven vets. Having said that, very solid corp of 4 WRs. Those 4, along with Zeke and Butker make for a strong 6 starters, but many questions after that - your QBs, RBs after Zeke and even TE - Fant is a nice talent but not sure about the volume he'll be getting this year. Good luck. 

Drafted this one the other night from the 11 hole.  Fell pretty nicely I think:

QB:  Wentz (12), Burrow (16)

RB:  Sanders (1), Jacobs (2), Bell (3), Damien Will (8), D Henderson (9), Benjamin (17)

WR:  Moore (4), Sutton (5), K Allen (6), Boyd (7),  Reagor (13) , Tate (15),  Reynolds (18)

TE:  Doyle (10), Jarwin (11), Howard (14)

K:  Koo (19)

Def:  Indy (20)

17 hours ago, Da Gildz said:

RB:  Sanders (1), Jacobs (2), Bell (3), Damien Will (8), D Henderson (9), Benjamin (17)

WR:  Moore (4), Sutton (5), K Allen (6), Boyd (7),  Reagor (13) , Tate (15),  Reynolds (18)

A lot better than the last one for sure!!!!!

On 5/14/2020 at 8:56 PM, Da Gildz said:

Much better team than the first.

Posted (edited)
On 5/14/2020 at 8:56 PM, Da Gildz said:

Been getting all 11/12 picks    Here’s one last night from the 12, looks a lot like this one above:

QB:  Watson (7),  Goff (18)

RB:  Drake (1), A Jones (2), Bell (3), Swift (6),  Dillon (12), Benjamin (16)

WR:  Odell (4), Chark (5), Edelman (8), Hardman (11), Pittman (13) , Westbrook (17),  Claypool (19)

TE:  Jarwin (9), Doyle (10), Howard (14)

K:  Butker (15)

Def:  NO (20)

Be back in a few weeks.  

#WonTime

Edited by Da Gildz

I meant 1 week.  From the 4:

QB: Murray (7), Brees (17)

RB:  Cook (1), Singletary (5), White (9), Moss (10), Harris (13), Benjamin (15), M Brown (20)

WR:  Golladay (3), Ridley (4), Edelman (8), Hardman (11), Jefferson (12), Perriman (16)

TE:  Kittle (2), Higbee (6), Howard (14)

K: Zane (19)

Def: NO (18)

Ok now taking a break.  Competition is stiff in these early ones.  If baseball doesn’t come back, I’ll have way too many of these FBG teams.   

#WonTime

From the 4 spot

QB: Murray(7), Ben (16)

RB: Kamara (1), Montgomery (4), Singletary (5), Vaughn (6), Armstead (13)

WR: Godwin (2), DJ Moore (3), Kirk (8), Lamb (11), Preston Williams(12), Jeffery (15), Gage (20)

TE: Hooper (9), Ian Thomas (10), Sternberger (14)

K: Zane Gonzalez (19)

Def: Bills (17), Eagles (18)

My takes. 

I really wanted Kittle or Eckler to fall to me in the 2nd. 

I may have made a mistake in the 4th with Montgomery. I was between him and Ertz and looking at the other teams I thought there would be a run on rbs. Obviously since I got Singletary in the 5th that was not the case. 

I wanted Cooks or Fant in the 8th and they both went right before me.  I should have taken Goedert in the 8th. I thought he would make it past the remaining teams since they already had tight ends. 

I wasn't planning on taking 2 defenses, but I really like having the one of the best defenses in the league that gets 6 AFC East games without Tom Brady.  I like the week 1 matchup for Philly and what they did to their defense this off-season. 

23 hours ago, msudaisy26 said:

From the 4 spot

QB: Murray(7), Ben (16)

RB: Kamara (1), Montgomery (4), Singletary (5), Vaughn (6), Armstead (13)

WR: Godwin (2), DJ Moore (3), Kirk (8), Lamb (11), Preston Williams(12), Jeffery (15), Gage (20)

TE: Hooper (9), Ian Thomas (10), Sternberger (14)

K: Zane Gonzalez (19)

Def: Bills (17), Eagles (18)

My takes. 

I really wanted Kittle or Eckler to fall to me in the 2nd. 

I may have made a mistake in the 4th with Montgomery. I was between him and Ertz and looking at the other teams I thought there would be a run on rbs. Obviously since I got Singletary in the 5th that was not the case. 

I wanted Cooks or Fant in the 8th and they both went right before me.  I should have taken Goedert in the 8th. I thought he would make it past the remaining teams since they already had tight ends. 

I wasn't planning on taking 2 defenses, but I really like having the one of the best defenses in the league that gets 6 AFC East games without Tom Brady.  I like the week 1 matchup for Philly and what they did to their defense this off-season. 

Solid team.  Agree with the Montgomery/Ertz comment.  Would have went Ertz there.  that’s the furthest I’ve seen him fall.  Not too high on Montgomery myself.  Prefer the guy you took after him.  Gonna be tough with the week 13 bye losing both of those WR’s.  Still pretty strong overall.  Like the Murray/Kirk stack.  Could see that connection going off a few weeks.  TE’s not spectacular but good enough.  May have gone Teddy B over Ben with the Carolina options.   GL

Here is one

T Brady, Stafford

Barkley, D Johnson, A Mattison, C Hyde, C Thompson, D Freeman, D Dallas, G Bernard

Godwin, Golladay, AJ Brown, D Parker, TY Hilton

Gronk, Herndon, Jarwin

Zuerlein, KC

1 hour ago, Coots said:

Here is one

T Brady, Stafford

Barkley, D Johnson, A Mattison, C Hyde, C Thompson, D Freeman, D Dallas, G Bernard

Gronk, Herndon, Jarwin

Zuerlein, KC

When the heck was this draft?  Haha.  Brown in 5?  Parker or Hilton in 7?  Guessing this was an April/early May draft.  Nice value there. Hate the backs after Saquon but got pretty crazy value everywhere else.  

45 minutes ago, Da Gildz said:

When the heck was this draft?  Haha.  Brown in 5?  Parker or Hilton in 7?  Guessing this was an April/early May draft.  Nice value there. Hate the backs after Saquon but got pretty crazy value everywhere else.  

10 last night, it was a crazy draft!!!!!  I agree one more back would of been great but couldn’t pass on the value each round!!

On 6/9/2020 at 8:39 AM, Coots said:

Here is one

T Brady, Stafford

Gronk, Herndon, Jarwin

Zuerlein, KC

Have a very similar looking Barkley team:

QB: Brady (13), D Jones (14)

RB:  Saquon (1), Damien Will (6), Breida (8), Vaughn (9), Gibson (10), Evans (12), Dallas (20)

WR:  Godwin (2), DJ Moore (3), Woods (4), Lockett (5), Renfrow (16), Duvernay (19)

TE:  Gesicki (7), Jarwin (11), Dissly (18)

Def: Balt (17)

If Clyde goes down... 👀 💥

Posted (edited)
On 6/10/2020 at 9:57 AM, Da Gildz said:

Have a very similar looking Barkley team:

QB: Brady (13), D Jones (14)

RB:  Saquon (1), Damien Will (6), Breida (8), Vaughn (9), Gibson (10), Evans (12), Dallas (20)

WR:  Godwin (2), DJ Moore (3), Woods (4), Lockett (5), Renfrow (16), Duvernay (19)

TE:  Gesicki (7), Jarwin (11), Dissly (18)

Def: Balt (17)

If Clyde goes down... 👀 💥

Love the receivers and love all the dart throws at rb after Barkley. If 1 hits this is a good team, if 2 hit a great team, if 3 hit this will be unstoppable. I like Gesicki, but he is a gamble. I probably would have taken another TE 12th. 

Edited by msudaisy26

Just finished this one. 

QB: Wilson (8), Goff (17)

RB : McCaffrey (1), Eckler (2), Montgomery (5), Michel (11), Boston Scott (13), Justin Jackson (14)

WR : Godwin (3), Woods (4), Deebo (7), Crowder (10), Shepard (12), Mims (15), Cobb (16)

TE : Higbee (6), Fant (9)

K: Fairbairn (19), McManus (20)

DEF : Eagles (18)

Really like the way this fell. Only thing I would do different is to take more chances after Fant in the 9th. 

• Like 1

Think this one is crown jewel (so far).  From the 3 hole:

QB:  Wilson (8)

RB:  Zeke (1), A Jones (2), Gordon (3), Coleman (10),  Evans (12), Kelley (14), Eno Benjamin (17)

WR:  Thielen (4), Woods (5), Lockett (6), Cooks (9), Preston Will (13), Aiyuk (16), Sims (19)

TE:  Higbee (7), Jarwin (11), Dissly (20)

Def:  KC (18)

🎯

• Like 1
  • Love 1

38 minutes ago, Da Gildz said:

Think this one is crown jewel (so far).  From the 3 hole:

QB:  Wilson (8)

RB:  Zeke (1), A Jones (2), Gordon (3), Coleman (10),  Evans (12), Kelley (14), Eno Benjamin (17)

WR:  Thielen (4), Woods (5), Lockett (6), Cooks (9), Preston Will (13), Aiyuk (16), Sims (19)

TE:  Higbee (7), Jarwin (11), Dissly (20)

Def:  KC (18)

🎯

I really like it. I am super jealous that you got Cooks in the 9th and Higbee in the 7th and Lockett in the 6th. Great value. 

Wish I could have gotten Kelley in my last one with Eckler, but he got picked in the 13th long before it made it back to me in the 14th. 

So what happens when they don't play this year?

18 hours ago, BassNBrew said:

So what happens when they don't play this year?

Seriously, don't see how they have contact sports without a vaccine.  It would be a ridiculous season with starters testing positive and quarantining and missing games.  I will still probably do two or three drafts this summer just in case... but won't be putting the time/research into it that I have past couple of years.  Anyhow, carry on... look forward to seeing your teams...

Here’s 1 from last night, Pick 5.  Was fully intending to go Zero-RB in this one.   Then pick 2 took Michael Thomas and that went out the window.  I like the upside of this one:

QB: Lamar Jax (3), Tannehill (19)

RB:  Kamara (1), Hunt (5), Swift (6), A Gibson (11), Evans (13), Dillon (14), Josh Kelley (16)

WR:  Godwin (2), AJ Brown (4), Gallup (8), Kirk (9), Reagor (12), Sims (18), Duvernay (20)

TE:  Gesicki (7), Jarwin (10)

Def: LAC (17)

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Da Gildz said:

Here’s 1 from last night, Pick 5.  Was fully intending to go Zero-RB in this one.   Then pick 2 took Michael Thomas and that went out the window.  I like the upside of this one:

QB: Lamar Jax (3), Tannehill (19)

RB:  Kamara (1), Hunt (5), Swift (6), A Gibson (11), Evans (13), Dillon (14), Josh Kelley (16)

WR:  Godwin (2), AJ Brown (4), Gallup (8), Kirk (9), Reagor (12), Sims (18), Duvernay (20)

TE:  Gesicki (7), Jarwin (10)

Def: LAC (17)

Not a fan of the team but applaud the against the grain effort. I like your previous one better.

Posted (edited)
On 5/8/2020 at 9:58 AM, Da Gildz said:

From the 3:

I like this one the best of yours, and the one you just posted above with Lamar Jackson a close 2nd. 

ETA now that I look again I'll give the  nod to the Jackson team. 

Edited by barackdhouse

I won a bunch of credits last year in the playoff contest after finishing a very strong 3rd here in the FPC. I have zero faith that the NFL season is going to happen in a way that makes the contest viable this year, but what am I going to do, sit at home and not draft with these credits?

I have 6 squads going back to April and am going to hold off on any more until week 1 is looking like it is about to happen.

So I'll start with one from April in the 7 spot:

Jones (11), Brady (14)

Henry (1), Taylor (3), Dobbins (4), Vaughn (6), Duke Johnson (10)

Julio (2), Slayton (7), Jefferson (9), Watkins (12), Higgins (16), Mims (17), Funchess (18)

Fant (5), Jarwin (8), Herndon (13)

Legatron (15)

Chargers (19), Browns (20)

Some definite WW fodder if we get to week 1. My board has changed a little bit since April but you'll see some of these names on my teams a lot. I think Slayton makes all 6.

May 1st from the 6 spot:

Rodgers (11), Big Ben (13)

Cook (1), Dobbins (5), Vaughn (6), Henderson (8), Bowden (17)

Godwin (2), Juju (3), Metcalf (4), Slayton (9), Jefferson (12), Edwards (18), Funchess (19), Claypool (20)

Fant (7), Jarwin (10), Knox (14)

Legatron (15)

Bears (16)

Better value on some of these than my first team. 

Mid May from the 1:

Jackson (2), Minshew (17)

CMC (1), Dobbins (4), Hunt (6), Gibson (9), Hines (16), AP (19)

Evans (3), Metcalf (5), Slayton (8), Pittman (11), Aiyuk (13), Harry (15)

Fant (7), Herndon (10), Ebron (12)

Legatron (14)

Chiefs (18), Browns (20)

Yeah so I love this team and really want to see it compete.

Last week from the 9:

Rodgers (9), Big Ben (16)

Jacobs (2), Swift (5), Vaughn (6), Duke Johnson (10), AP (17), Rodney Anderson (20)

Adams (1), DJ Moore (3), OBJ (4), Slayton (8), Pittman (12), Aiyuk (15)

Fant (7), Ebron (11), Knox (13)

Lutz (14)

Chiefs (18), Bucs (19)

Got a couple more but I'm tired. From the 10 and another from the 1. 

On 6/13/2020 at 6:06 PM, msudaisy26 said:

Just finished this one. 

QB: Wilson (8), Goff (17)

RB : McCaffrey (1), Eckler (2), Montgomery (5), Michel (11), Boston Scott (13), Justin Jackson (14)

WR : Godwin (3), Woods (4), Deebo (7), Crowder (10), Shepard (12), Mims (15), Cobb (16)

TE : Higbee (6), Fant (9)

K: Fairbairn (19), McManus (20)

DEF : Eagles (18)

Really like the way this fell. Only thing I would do different is to take more chances after Fant in the 9th. 

I like this one a lot. Hard not to with CMC. Losing Deebo is no bueno.

Last week from the 1:

Jackson (3), Garopollo (18)

CMC (1), Taylor (2), Vaughn (6), Gibson (9), AP (16), Perine (17)

Metcalf (4), Diontae Johnson (7), Slayton (8), Jefferson (11), Pittman (12), Aiyuk (14), Edwards (20)

Higbee (5), Ebron (10), Brate (19)

Legatron (13)

Ravens (15)

and from the 10:

Brees (10), Garopollo (18), Cam (20)

Taylor (3), Mostert (4), Dobbins (5), Gibson (9), D Freeman (13), Perine (19)

Hill (2), Slayton (7), Diontae Johnson (8), Pittman (11), Jefferson (12), Stills (17)

Kittle (1), Higbee (6), Knox (15)

Tucker (14)

Patriots (16)

From the 7:

QB:  Ryan (10), Bridgewater (19)

RB:  Sanders (1), Damien Will (6) Guice (7), Breida (8), Kerryon (10), Hines (16), Ito Smith (17)

WR:  Julio (2), DJ Moore (3), Woods (4), Metcalf (5), Aiyuk (13),  Tate (14), B Edwards (20)

TE:  Fant (9), Doyle (11)

K:  Tucker (15)

Def:  LAC (18)

Welp, quiet weekend, so brushed up on some draft boards and ADP and the news and did a draft... first one, so it was a bit rough.  Lotta rookie hype this year...

From the 12 spot:

QB: Murray (6)

RB: Drake (1), Mack (7), Vaughn (8), Henderson (11), Jackson (13), Armstead (14), Penny (15)

WR: Hopkins (2), Thielen (4), Diggs (5), Slayton (10), Watkins (12), Anderson (16), Fitz (17), T Williams (18)

TE: Ertz (3), Goedert (9)

DEF: KC (19)

PK: Money Badger (20)

Super bearish that there will be a playable FF season this year, so not putting as much time into it as past few years.  Will do 4 or 5 more if I have time over next couple of months.  Have at it!

Posted (edited)

Another Championship Squad drafted today.....

QB: Cam Newton, Baker Mayfield

RB: Saquan Barkley, Aaron Jones, Melvin Gordon, Chase Edmonds, AJ Dillon, Damien Harris, Rashaad Penny

WR: AJ Brown, DK Metcalf, Marquis Brown, Mecole Hardman, Mike Williams, Brandon Aiyuk

TE: Hayden Hurst, Mike Gesicki, Noah Fant

K: Zane Gonzalez

D/ST: Colts D

Excited to collect $500k. daGildz will be jealous of this one.

Edited by ImTheScientist
  • Thinking 1

9 minutes ago, ImTheScientist said:

RB: Saquan Barkley, Aaron Jones, Melvin Gordon, Chase Edmonds, AJ Dillon, Damien Harris, Rashaad Penny

WR: AJ Brown, DK Metcalf, Marquis Brown, Mecole Hardman, Mike Williams, Brandon Aiyuk

Excited to collect $500k.

Wow...very solid.

12 hours ago, ImTheScientist said:

It’s a nice squad no question.  Don’t love Melv G there but don’t hate it.  Would have preferred a Moore/Kenny G in that spot.  You also should have passed on Harris for D Jones/Wentz, and it pops a lot more.   Overall solid.  Gesicki falling to 8.11 was a gift for sure.  Hang in there man 

I'm 100% convinced we won't see a "normal" NFL season this year. But I'm being optimistic there will be an altered season of some kind. So here's my first attempt for your consideration

From the 5 spot:

QB: K.Murray,M.Stafford

RB: D.Cook,M.Ingram,L.Murray,D.Henderson,I.Smith,J.Samuels,J.Richard

WR: D.Hopkins,M.Evans,T.Lockett,S.Shepard,J.Washington,C.Beasley

TE: T.J.Hockenson,D.Goedert,G.Olsen

K: R.Gould

D/ST: L.A. Rams

On 7/11/2020 at 7:44 AM, Da Gildz said:

It’s a nice squad no question.  Don’t love Melv G there but don’t hate it.  Would have preferred a Moore/Kenny G in that spot.  You also should have passed on Harris for D Jones/Wentz, and it pops a lot more.   Overall solid.  Gesicki falling to 8.11 was a gift for sure.  Hang in there man 

A semi positive review is no fun. :(

On 7/11/2020 at 8:12 AM, Rubi said:

I'm 100% convinced we won't see a "normal" NFL season this year. But I'm being optimistic there will be an altered season of some kind. So here's my first attempt for your consideration

From the 5 spot:

QB: K.Murray,M.Stafford

RB: D.Cook,M.Ingram,L.Murray,D.Henderson,I.Smith,J.Samuels,J.Richard

WR: D.Hopkins,M.Evans,T.Lockett,S.Shepard,J.Washington,C.Beasley

TE: T.J.Hockenson,D.Goedert,G.Olsen

K: R.Gould

D/ST: L.A. Rams

Very nice tight ends and quarterbacks.

On 7/10/2020 at 7:18 PM, ImTheScientist said:

I like this team quite a bit.

Did a couple more this week.

From the 12:

Brees, Jones

Carson, Conner, Dobbins, Vaughn, Duke Johnson

Adams, Slayton, Sanders, Jefferson, Davis, Stills

Kittle, Higbee, Howard, Brate

Legatron

Browns, Rams

And from the 2:

Lamar Jackson, Burrow

Barkley, Mostert, Vaughn, Gibson, Duke Johnson

Metcalf, Marquise Brown, Kirk, Pittman, Aiyuk, Davis, Stills, Funchess

Andrews, Jarwin, Arnold

Legatron

Chiefs

Here’s one a few weeks ago from the 2:

QB:  Stafford (13), D Jones (14)

RB:  CMC (1), Ingram (6) Guice (7), Vaughn (8), Henderson (10), Evans (12),  Bonnafon (18)

WR:  ODB (2), Golladay (3), AJ Brown (4), Lockett (5), P Campbell (15),  Robby Anderson  (16) Sims (19)

TE:  Gronk (9), Herndon (11)

K:  Fairbairn (20)

Def:  NE (17)

🧯

In honor of opt out day:

From the 1:

QB:  Wentz (13),  Burrow (16)

RB:  CMC (1), Swift (6) Dobbins (7), Breida (8), Kerryon  (11) Justin Jax (14)

WR:  DJ Moore (2), Allan Rob (3), DK Metcalf (4), Hollywood Brown (5), Hardman (9)  A Brown (17) B Edwards (20)

TE:  Jonnu Smith (10), Irv Smith (12), Sternberger (15)

Def:  LAC (18)

👀

From the 8 (a few days before the Guice news):

Mahomes (2), Big Ben (17)

Taylor (3), Jones II (7), Vaughn (8), Gibson (10), Darwin (13), Love (15)

McLaurin (4), Sutton (5), Hardman (9), Reagor (11), Pittman (12), Edwards (18), Claypool (20)

Kelce (1), Higbee (6), Howard (14)

Legatron (16), Bucs (19)

and from the 3 about two weeks ago:

Lamar (2), Bridgewater (20)

Mostert (5), Vaughn (7), Breida (9), Gibson (11), AP (16), Perine (19)

M Thomas (1), Evans (3), Metcalf (4), Diontae (8), Jefferson (12), Pittman (14), Edwards (18)

Hurst (6), Herndon (10), Howard (13)

Legatron (15), KC (17)

9 hole

Mahomes (3)

Bell (4), RoJo (5), Ingram (6), Howard (10), CThomp , Ito Smith, DarwinThomp

Tyreek (2), Edelman (7), MarvJ (8), Ruggs, DJax, Justin Jefferson, Watkins

Kelce (1), Hooper (9), Knox

Butker

NO

Somehow have hit two 1-spot draws in my last 3. Here they are:

Mahomes, Burrow

CMC, Akers, Henderson, Tevin, AP, Darrel, Darwin

Metcalf, Slayton, Hardman, Unicorn, Pittman, Edwards

Ertz, Hurst, Arnold

Bucs and McManus

and:

Mahomes, Minshew

Barkley, Taylor, Dobbins, Chase, Eno, Vaughn, McCoy

Chark, Diontae, Hardman, Unicorn, Edwards, Claypool

Hurst, Ebron, Arnold

On 8/22/2020 at 8:11 PM, Seven Above said:

9 hole

Mahomes (3)

Bell (4), RoJo (5), Ingram (6), Howard (10), CThomp , Ito Smith, DarwinThomp

Tyreek (2), Edelman (7), MarvJ (8), Ruggs, DJax, Justin Jefferson, Watkins

Kelce (1), Hooper (9), Knox

Butker

NO

That's nice. I'd probably go with a different kicker and I like different RBs and WRs in those spots BUT I love the build. 

From the 9

Mahomes, Minshew

Dobbins, Hunt, Lindsay, Hines, Love, Vaughn, Darrel Williams

M Thomas, McLaurin, Slayton, Hardman, Watkins, Edwards, Claypool

Kittle, Higbee

Bucs, Zane G