Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Stinkin Ref

Bored..?..Help Ref Draft...2020 No Mercy 12 Team...I got 1.01

Got invited a couple a years ago to do this one.....they have different tiers.....won the Guppy league my first year and advanced up the ladder.....not so good last year..

wouldn't mind a little help from you guys as a little something to get us through the summer.....

I was able to be the first to chose draft slot so I took the 1.01 although I almost went for the 12 hole....

check out the league here

https://www55.myfantasyleague.com/2020/home/47130#0

I'm itching to take Jackson over McCaffrey......talk me off the ledge.....

maybe starting tomorrow AM.....but not sure....

:banned:

:coffee:

:popcorn:

5 minutes ago, Stinkin Ref said:

Got invited a couple a years ago to do this one.....they have different tiers.....won the Guppy league my first year and advanced up the ladder.....not so good last year..

wouldn't mind a little help from you guys as a little something to get us through the summer.....

I was able to be the first to chose draft slot so I took the 1.01 although I almost went for the 12 hole....

check out the league here

https://www55.myfantasyleague.com/2020/home/47130#0

I'm itching to take Jackson over McCaffrey......talk me off the ledge.....

maybe starting tomorrow AM.....but not sure....

:banned:

:coffee:

:popcorn:

If you want Jackson, trade down to the 12 spot.

Posted (edited)

🍿

Just saw they posted about wanting new members, so I sent an e-mail. Killing me with talk of taking a qb at 1.01 in a 1 qb league

Edited by by_the_sea_wannabe

1 hour ago, by_the_sea_wannabe said:

🍿

Just saw they posted about wanting new members, so I sent an e-mail. Killing me with talk of taking a qb at 1.01 in a 1 qb league

can you share that email address, I am also willing to help these fine folks out.

Posted (edited)

sorry it just seemed like Jackson's weekly advantage in this league every week was crazy last year....he was a TD better than everybody every week......no way CMC repeats last year....I get VBD and all....but man..

Edited by Stinkin Ref

2 hours ago, Stephen Holloway said:

can you share that email address, I am also willing to help these fine folks out.

buenodeoro@yahoo.com

• Like 1

Be glad to help you out with making sure CMC drops to 1.04 😈

Getting a quality QB is important. Also to get one that minimizes turnovers. Not as important anymore since they’ve gone to PPR and fractional points when WRs previously weren’t worth much. 

16 hours ago, Stinkin Ref said:

sorry it just seemed like Jackson's weekly advantage in this league every week was crazy last year....he was a TD better than everybody every week......no way CMC repeats last year....I get VBD and all....but man..

Last year isn't this year.  Wouldn't surprise me to see whoever drafts Mahommie at 2.11 best your 1.1 LJax.  

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, BassNBrew said:

Last year isn't this year.  Wouldn't surprise me to see whoever drafts Mahommie at 2.11 best your 1.1 LJax.  

lol...2.11...if that happens I'll be pissed, but based on Great White draft, probably not happening.... I'm going CMC.....the changes they have made help and I know QB wasn't the way to go when push came to shove....I do like to gain some separation from the field and QB is one place you can sometimes get some each week....

link to the "winners" Great White draft which had to kick off first before ours could start.....

https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2020/options?L=49306&O=17 

lol....Mahomes gone at 1.05 and Jackson almost made it through round 2.....

Edited by Stinkin Ref

On 6/27/2020 at 4:52 PM, Ruffrodys05 said:

How's it goin Ref?

I guess they have pushed back the start date for my league.

sorry guys.....missed the announcement of draft start....my mom went to hospice on Thursday and passed away on Sunday.... was going cmc anyway....so all good......help me....throw thoughts in if you want to follow along....:coffee:

• Sad 1

I took CEH and Godwin at my turn. Would have taken Kittle over CEH had he made it 1 more pick. Was  torn between Allen Robinson/DJ Moore and CEH/4net. Just feel so much more comfortable  with the later wr's than the later rb's. 

21 hours ago, by_the_sea_wannabe said:

I took CEH and Godwin at my turn. Would have taken Kittle over CEH had he made it 1 more pick. Was  torn between Allen Robinson/DJ Moore and CEH/4net. Just feel so much more comfortable  with the later wr's than the later rb's. 

agree with the greater comfort with the early RBs and later WRs -- My Guppy draft thus far...............

Dalvin Cook at 1.6 as the #5 RB - have to admit I wanted to start with Michael Thomas who went one pick earlier, but happy with Cook unless he holds out

Julio Jones at 2.7 as the #4 WR - big fan of Julio Jones

L. Fournette at 3.6 as the #16 RB - not as thrilled with him in 2020, but he has such a work load in the past

A. J. Brown at 4.7 as the #17 WR - huge fan of Brown at Ole Miss and he showed the same dominance as a rookie, needs targets

Dev. Parker at 5.6 as the #24 WR - preferred Sutton, but he went one pick prior

surprised at a few picks, two QBs in the 1st round was a bit of an eye opener and then Murray in the 3rd round as QB 3, a shocker to me. Kareem Hunt at the top of the 4th round and Jonathan Taylor in the early 5th as the first rookie RB.

hated that turn - took d. williams - didn't take because of CEH he was the best rb left for me / Took the upside of M. Brown over the bengals wr's. Thought about Waller

was really hoping for akers/dak/wilson

36 minutes ago, Stephen Holloway said:

looking forward to my next pick, only two more then me and I have three selections I really like.

got Waller my first on the three person list. Completed my basic starting line up...

• QB D. Prescott
  • RB D. Cook
  • RB Fournette
  • WR Julio Jones
  • WR AJ Brown
  • WR D. Parker
  • TE Waller

1.01 Christian McCaffrey

3.01 CEH

2.12 Mike Evans

4.12 AJ Brown

5.01 JuJu Smith Schuster

not in love with the CEH pick but went with upside over concerns about Gurley and something about Fournette just doesn't feel right....I almost took a WR instead of CEH as I thought Mostert would make it back to me at the 4-5 turn....he didn't so guess getting a RB is okay

debated a bunch of options at 4-5.....almost pulled the trigger on Sutton and or Metcalf....but talked myself into thinking DEN now has too many options and Metcalf may not get enough targets and I would be chasing TD's.....Brown was pretty much a beast......and while I am not a JuJu fan he did have like 160 targets or something two years ago, Ben seems to like him and will be back, and I saw he may retrun to the slot since they drafted Claypool.....which I think would be gold...

couple crazy picks in my draft....Higbee early (4.01) which really bummed me as he was going to be a target....Herbert at 5.03.....:eek:

7 hours ago, Stinkin Ref said:

1.01 Christian McCaffrey

3.01 CEH

2.12 Mike Evans

4.12 AJ Brown

5.01 JuJu Smith Schuster

not in love with the CEH pick but went with upside over concerns about Gurley and something about Fournette just doesn't feel right....I almost took a WR instead of CEH as I thought Mostert would make it back to me at the 4-5 turn....he didn't so guess getting a RB is okay

debated a bunch of options at 4-5.....almost pulled the trigger on Sutton and or Metcalf....but talked myself into thinking DEN now has too many options and Metcalf may not get enough targets and I would be chasing TD's.....Brown was pretty much a beast......and while I am not a JuJu fan he did have like 160 targets or something two years ago, Ben seems to like him and will be back, and I saw he may retrun to the slot since they drafted Claypool.....which I think would be gold...

couple crazy picks in my draft....Higbee early (4.01) which really bummed me as he was going to be a target....Herbert at 5.03.....:eek:

really thought you got bargains at the 4/5 turn but Sutton would also have been good.

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎8‎/‎2020 at 8:18 PM, Stephen Holloway said:

got Waller my first on the three person list. Completed my basic starting line up...

• QB1 D. Prescott 6.7 QB5
  • RB1 D. Cook 1.6 RB5
  • RB2 Fournette 3.6 RB16
  • RB2 James White 8.7 RB33
  • RB4 Kerryon Johnson 10.7 RB42
  • WR1 Julio Jones 2.7 WR 4
  • WR2 AJ Brown 4.7 WR17
  • WR3 D. Parker 5.6 WR24
  • WR4 Deebo Samuel 9.6 WR45
  • TE Waller 7.6 TE5

On ‎7‎/‎8‎/‎2020 at 6:01 PM, by_the_sea_wannabe said:

hated that turn - took d. williams - didn't take because of CEH he was the best rb left for me / Took the upside of M. Brown over the bengals wr's. Thought about Waller

was really hoping for akers/dak/Wilson

interesting strategy all RBs and WRs thus far, so plentiful depth both positions

2 hours ago, Stephen Holloway said:

interesting strategy all RBs and WRs thus far, so plentiful depth both positions

I would argue that qb and te are very deep. Just got Wentz at the 10/11 which is who I would have taken in the the 6th/7th if I had selected a qb. TE's after the top 4 are all relatively equal to me till about 18. If I wasn't on the end, I probably would have passed on Hurst but just hard to tell when backups will be taken. I don't agree at all that rb's are plentiful

Might have taken Brady instead of Wentz/ coin flip

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stephen Holloway said:

Big fan of Deebo and he could be back sooner than thought....white still a nice PPR snag....

11 hours ago, by_the_sea_wannabe said:

I would argue that qb and te are very deep. Just got Wentz at the 10/11 which is who I would have taken in the the 6th/7th if I had selected a qb. TE's after the top 4 are all relatively equal to me till about 18. If I wasn't on the end, I probably would have passed on Hurst but just hard to tell when backups will be taken. I don't agree at all that rb's are plentiful

Might have taken Brady instead of Wentz/ coin flip

your depth is plentiful not RBs in general, it was a congrats on your RB depth (McCaffrey, CEH, Dm Williams & Vaughn). I also went heavy at RB (D. Cook, Fournette, Jms White & Kerryon Johnson). It is a minefield going forward at RB in my opinion.

On 7/8/2020 at 7:01 PM, by_the_sea_wannabe said:

was really hoping for akers/dak/wilson

Much better turn here for sr of Hilton (5.11)/Hunt (4.01)

On 7/10/2020 at 4:31 PM, by_the_sea_wannabe said:

should have gone wentz/stafford at the last turn and then double te this turn as it turned out

No, I liked Stafford to back up Dak for me

• Laughing 1

50 minutes ago, Stephen Holloway said:

No, I liked Stafford to back up Dak for me

Funny enough Hockenson would have been the 2nd te that I would taken as well.

Wentz Carson PHI QB

Roethlisberger BenPIT QB (Q)

McCaffrey ChristianCAR RB

Edwards-Helaire ClydeKCC RB

Vaughn Ke'ShawnTBB RB
Williams DamienKCC RB

Kelley JoshuaLAC RB

Godwin ChrisTBB WR

Woods RobertLAR WR

Chark D.J.JAC WR

Jones MarvinDET WR