What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL CYDY/Leronlimab Thread*** (7 Viewers)

IIRC Chet sold 10% of his holdings around $10. I sold about the same, after also selling about 10% on the way up at either $5 or $7.50, I forget. 
I thought he bought it back.  More importantly is he still holding $3M of shares.

I just bailed on more of my holdings, not liking the short term setup.  Honestly, its impossible to trust Nader.

Did you just have an epiphany?
Haha, never really trusted that he knew what he was doing, that was pretty evident (I had already exited half my position a while back).

The whole EUA debacle though it is hard to interpret that as being anything other than misleading....it was a big tipping point for me personally.  Unfortunately it makes me question the science and give extra credence to manipulative use of data, past practices, etc.  I didn't exit after the EUA miss because the stock actually held up pretty well all things considered but right now I'm not liking how the chart is looks in the short term.

I'm up $100k and still own 10k shares at a zero cost basis.  But I had owned a lot more previously.

Happens all the time.  Websites will automatically put a fresh date on an old article so that web searches will land on it.  It has been exactly 6 months since that article was published.

Edit: it's not because it was exactly 6 months.  Bloomberg has put the Sept 28th date on a bunch of old articles today.

2nd edit:  The date and time keeps updating on all Bloomberg articles to the present date and time to the minute

Last edited by a moderator:
From a trading perspective, do you think we get a bump when Dr Seethmraju presents at the Special isirv antiviral conference on Oct 6-8?
He was virtually unintelligible in the conference call.  And he isn't going to go out on a limb the way CytoDyn paid doctors like Bruce Patterson, Jay Lalezari, and Scott Kelly have been willing to do.  He isn't going to say leronlimab is a homerun.  He is going to say how they had 11 patients in really bad shape and a few of them rebounded after being administered leronlimab.  Here is the conference where he speaks.  He starts at the 8:18 point.  https://78449.themediaframe.com/dataconf/productusers/cydy/mediaframe/40671/indexl.html

He was virtually unintelligible in the conference call.  And he isn't going to go out on a limb the way CytoDyn paid doctors like Bruce Patterson, Jay Lalezari, and Scott Kelly are willing to do.  He isn't going to say leronlimab is a homerun.  He is going to say how they had 11 patients in really bad shape and a few of them rebounded after being administered leronlimab.  Here is the conference where he speaks.  He starts at the 8:18 point.  https://78449.themediaframe.com/dataconf/productusers/cydy/mediaframe/40671/indexl.html
I don't think he's there to talk about the 11 patients.  He's going to talk about the phase 2 trial for M/M

I feel like this is going to drop below $3 within the next two days.  I'd be looking to buy if I thought I could flip it quickly.

We are getting into the danger zone now though because if the severe critical trial does not get EUA (and it probably won't), then I see this languishing in the low 3s for a while, if not lower

if the severe critical trial does not get EUA (and it probably won't), then I see this languishing in the low 3s for a while, if not lower
It could go to $2.00 if an EUA isn't granted from the S/C interim data.  It is the last real catalyst in the foreseeable future.  A lot of the dedicated longs on the message boards have sold and are now venting by writing anti-CYDY posts.  These are some long term shareholders who were Truthers.  With so many shareholders abandoning the stock, it's surprising that the stock price hasn't already gone lower but it seems someone(s) with deep pockets has been buying shares up.

It could go to $2.00 if an EUA isn't granted from the S/C interim data.  It is the last real catalyst in the foreseeable future.  A lot of the dedicated longs on the message boards have sold and are now venting by writing anti-CYDY posts.  These are some long term shareholders who were Truthers.  With so many shareholders abandoning the stock, it's surprising that the stock price hasn't already gone lower but it seems someone(s) with deep pockets has been buying shares up.
So is it time to get in now?

So is it time to get in now?
I'm targeting the $2.50 to $2.75 range to get back in.  But this stock has been resilient and has bounced back many times from $3.00-$3.05.  If you do buy, be ready to get out quickly if an EUA isn't granted.

@chet  where do you stand with the last few weeks of CYDY developments (or lack there of). Still #notselling ?

Had a dream (nightmare?)  last night where I was showing my wife our stock portfolio on my ipad.  All of a sudden CYDY started popping: $2, then $8, then $24, then $82...up and up til it hit about $900 a share.  News had come out where it was chosen as THE therapeutic drug....

So I'm frantically trying to push the TRADE button in my Schwab account to sell all of my stock. And all of a sudden, my ipad gets a virus - all kinds of windows start popping up all over the place and the ipad just totally freezes up.

I wake up in this cold sweat just pissed about 4:00 in the morning.

Stoooooopid stock.  :wall:

Had a dream (nightmare?)  last night where I was showing my wife our stock portfolio on my ipad.  All of a sudden CYDY started popping: $2, then $8, then $24, then $82...up and up til it hit about $900 a share.  News had come out where it was chosen as THE therapeutic drug....

So I'm frantically trying to push the TRADE button in my Schwab account to sell all of my stock. And all of a sudden, my ipad gets a virus - all kinds of windows start popping up all over the place and the ipad just totally freezes up.

I wake up in this cold sweat just pissed about 4:00 in the morning.

Stoooooopid stock.  :wall:
Lol. I know @Caesar may want me to relive my decision, but this was definitely part of it. The euphoria of that run up from $1 (where I got in) to $10 was amazing but it turned stressful when the bear raid happened. The paper drop in value hurt and then every day you’re waiting on more news and did you #### up not selling. I can tell you that on stress alone, I’m glad I’m out. I hope it does take off for all of you guys but it was all consuming watching the price every day.

Lol. I know @Caesar may want me to relive my decision, but this was definitely part of it. The euphoria of that run up from $1 (where I got in) to $10 was amazing but it turned stressful when the bear raid happened. The paper drop in value hurt and then every day you’re waiting on more news and did you #### up not selling. I can tell you that on stress alone, I’m glad I’m out. I hope it does take off for all of you guys but it was all consuming watching the price every day.
I don't really stress about this to be honest. I have so little dough in this you guys would probably laugh at me. But this is my learning account and the competitive guy in me just doesn't like to lose.

The good thing is I've learned so I've been able to take those lessons and offset a little bit of what so far is just a paper loss.  So for me, this is not close to life changing money. 

I don't really stress about this to be honest. I have so little dough in this you guys would probably laugh at me. But this is my learning account and the competitive guy in me just doesn't like to lose.

The good thing is I've learned so I've been able to take those lessons and offset a little bit of what so far is just a paper loss.  So for me, this is not close to life changing money. 
Got it. I didn’t have as much as some, but for that brief fleeting moment, I was up over $100k. Lasted maybe 15 minutes from when I checked that morning. Chaos in this thread that day!

I got nothing but ♥️ for ya, gb.  You have obviously done very well in the market and even in this stock.  I understand the constant ups and downs and definitely understand the frustration that comes with this stock.

I'm with @ChiefD that I hate to lose.  If I could sell it all right now without taking a hit, I would.  I am relegated to hold longer term, which won't necessarily be a bad thing if they eventually get the HIV approval.  It has been a lot easier to deal with now that football season is here, and I have something else to occupy my thoughts.  My team in the baseball playoffs helps as well. 

Really, its just a waiting game at this point, and the real stress only came from constantly checking this thread and the stock price.  Now, I just follow along casually in the hopes that one day I can cash in the chips and realize I made a little money along the way.

I got nothing but ♥️ for ya, gb.  You have obviously done very well in the market and even in this stock.  I understand the constant ups and downs and definitely understand the frustration that comes with this stock.

I'm with @ChiefD that I hate to lose.  If I could sell it all right now without taking a hit, I would.  I am relegated to hold longer term, which won't necessarily be a bad thing if they eventually get the HIV approval.  It has been a lot easier to deal with now that football season is here, and I have something else to occupy my thoughts.  My team in the baseball playoffs helps as well. 

Really, its just a waiting game at this point, and the real stress only came from constantly checking this thread and the stock price.  Now, I just follow along casually in the hopes that one day I can cash in the chips and realize I made a little money along the way.
I was in a different situation where I got lucky to get in early and be happy with what I made, which is crazy when you think about it for getting advice on a FF site. It’s also easier to hold through the ups and downs when it’s a stock you are truly thinking about long term. I posted in the other thread about two stocks I’ve held for about a year and there were times they were 25-50% especially in the March bottom (CYDY was actually a beacon back then). They are now both up over 30%, which is a great return for a year. It wasn’t a fundamental issue for them, it was the market overall. Good luck and go Yankees!

If I could sell it all right now without taking a hit, I would.  I am relegated to hold longer term
You should never hold onto a stock solely because you are in the red.  Don't throw good money after bad.  It's actually more strategic to sell your losers over your winners because of the tax implications.

You should never hold onto a stock solely because you are in the red.  Don't throw good money after bad.  It's actually more strategic to sell your losers over your winners because of the tax implications.
Its a retirement account.  no tax implications that I am aware of, but this is my first year paying attention to it.

Its not the ONLY reason.  I do still believe in the science, and I think the drug eventually gets there, but admittedly was let down not getting a quick score on it. 

Also, there is some temptation to sell half now and buy em back if this thing tanks after the meeting today.  I think there is at least a 50% chance that happens.  All it really does is raise my cost per share basis, but that won't really matter to me much  if this thing does take off in a few months....  

if this thing does take off in a few months....  
Sounds like you are suffering from FOMO in addition to not wanting to sell a loser.  Both are powerful emotions.  No one likes to lose or miss out.  But they aren't good emotions to base your investments on.  You should strongly consider selling at $4 or $5 even if your cost basis is $6.

Sounds like you are suffering from FOMO in addition to not wanting to sell a loser.  Both are powerful emotions.  No one likes to lose or miss out.  But they aren't good emotions to base your investments on.  You should strongly consider selling at $4 or $5 even if your cost basis is $6.
I think FOMO in a small way is true, but its not an overriding emotion for me right now.  I really have paid very little attention since the last CC since that was the point I knew it was going to be a while.  I know I would have been better off selling then, but it didn't happen.  Oh well.  

Its not a huge amount of money.  Its not life changing.  I think my bigger concern is the opportunity cost of holding right now.  If I had something else I really believed in and wanted to invest in, I would have no issues selling a good portion off and using that money somewhere else.  If the stock were to get back between 4 and 5, I would absolutely sell some off if just to unload it to a smaller % of the portfolio.  

I thought you were an alright guy until you said this.....
Lol. I threw that in for fun. I did grow up an hour outside of the city so they were my hometown team growing up. Been a long time since they’ve had a good run outside of losing game 7 to the garbage can guys a couple years ago.

Nader's fireside chat starts in 45 minutes.  I enjoy watching the stock price action while he speaks during market hours.  For a long time, the stock price would drop the moment he started speaking and continue dropping until he finished speaking.  But in the last shareholder meeting in July, it strangely went up while he was speaking even though what he was saying was complete nothing burger.  My guess is that he had his wife or daughter buy stock while he was speaking.

☕  :popcorn:

I think my bigger concern is the opportunity cost of holding right now.  If I had something else I really believed in and wanted to invest in, I would have no issues selling a good portion off and using that money somewhere else.  If the stock were to get back between 4 and 5, I would absolutely sell some off if just to unload it to a smaller % of the portfolio.  
Yeah, this is exactly where I am. 

About two months ago I did a quick analysis when I was buying RLFTF. I calculated out what would happen if I just sold all of my CYDY at that time at a loss and put all that dough into RLFTF when I got it for .27 a share or something like that.

I would have cleaned off my losses from CYDY and be at a nice paper profit on RLFTF right now. But I didn't pull the trigger. Why?

Because I'm a big pooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosay!

Yeah, this is exactly where I am. 

About two months ago I did a quick analysis when I was buying RLFTF. I calculated out what would happen if I just sold all of my CYDY at that time at a loss and put all that dough into RLFTF when I got it for .27 a share or something like that.

I would have cleaned off my losses from CYDY and be at a nice paper profit on RLFTF right now. But I didn't pull the trigger. Why?

Because I'm a big pooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosay!
Sold all of mine 12 days ago.   Up 10.7% on the next trade.   Made $20k on first CYDY sale, lost $10k on second round.

Sounds like 45 deaths out of 195 in the interim peak.  Any of you have the p-value formula?  

If LL has 23 deaths out of 130 and the placebo has 22 out of 65, I am just curious if a number like this would put it less than p-value = .05?

Sounds like 45 deaths out of 195 in the interim peak.  Any of you have the p-value formula?  

If LL has 23 deaths out of 130 and the placebo has 22 out of 65, I am just curious if a number like this would put it less than p-value = .05?
From IHub:

https://investorshub.advfn.com/boards/read_msgs.aspx?board_id=4762&NextStart=119844&BatchSize=10

45 deaths in CD12 (bad for patients, great for trial)

I believe (Borel or others can say with better certainty than I) that 23 deaths in Leronlimab and 22 in placebo, yields p=0.012.

I was most afraid that there would be an insufficient number of deaths.

If leronlimab works as we believe, this seems to be as good an opportunity for which one could ask.

Nasdaq application is still under review i.e. it was rejected.  "World class" virologist Bruce Patterson had his paper rejected for publication.  I guess he won't be winning the Nobel Prize.  At least Bruce made millions of dollars from pumping up the stock price.

dkp993 said:
@chet  where do you stand with the last few weeks of CYDY developments (or lack there of). Still #notselling ?
Chet is driving his new Ferrari to the club, if he's still in more than 20% or so I would be surprised......he made some nice coin. Mad a lot of us some money, much appreciated.  :suds:

It will be interesting to see the primary endpoint.  This will give definitive evidence one way or the other on whether we have something or not.  The high death rate can help to reach a low p-value, and the fact that they didn't stop the trial at the first safety look also bodes well.

I am actually a little more positive after that conference.  Maybe because my expectations were so low and I was expecting a disaster.

So the interim analysis is being done as we speak? 

Anyone know what's the MOST numbers of deaths from LL to still reach a significant p value from the 45?

Users who are viewing this thread