What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Which team should I root for? (1 Viewer)

Read the first post before voting

• Baltimore Orioles

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Washington Nationals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Detroit Tigers

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

STEADYMOBBIN 22

Footballguy
TL/DR version 

Never rooted for a particular team. Thought it would be a fun discussion for you guys to help me choose a team and hear why- 

Orioles, Nationals or Tigers!?!

Long winded version:

I haven’t watched much baseball over the years. I guess the closest I ever became to being a fan was when Cal played with the Orioles. Seemed like everytime I went to a game, Cal would hit a homer to win. With that said, Cal was old and the team wasn’t very good. I HATED those realistic bird hats they went to. Truth be told, I didn’t particularly enjoy going to games, mostly because I just can’t sit still that long and it’s too FN hot most nights in Baltimore, Maryland. 

Other than that, I kinda dug the Twins in the late 80s with Kirby Puckett, Kent Herbek and Frank Viola on the mound. Oakland As we’re cool with Henderson and the bash bro’s. Liked Nolan Ryan but he was pitching before I was born. I did enjoy the Mark McGwire Sammy Sosa year. Every at bat was a must watch.

Since those days I haven’t watch more than 20-30 innings of baseball, which included 3 of the Nationals world championship last season. 

So long story short (too late!), I want to start watching again and I want to pick a new team. Help me decide:

Orioles

-Pros - Local, great stadium, Cool logo, have been bad for a long time.

-Cons -Worst team colors of the 3, can’t even watch their games because their owner is a Richard. 

Nationals

-Pros Local, great stadium and experience. Can watch them on TV.

- Cons - No real team history, feels icky to hop on the bandwagon and root for a team that just won. 

Tigers 

-Pros - Original team, Best hat, Have sucked forever so it will be cool to root for them to be good again. 

Cons - Have sucked forever and that trend is likely to continue. 

Last edited by a moderator:
If you can watch Tigers games, I vote Tigers, but it’s hard to stick with it when games aren’t on.  

Tigers are likely to start bringing up good young players any day and you can watch the kids from the start. Besides, the Orioles are way more likely to be long term awful than Detroit imo. 

Users who are viewing this thread