What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Joe Biden Cabinet speculation and rumor thread (1 Viewer)

I love this stuff, here’s a fun Politico with all kinds of speculation about people that might be in Biden’s cabinet if he wins. Elizabeth Warren as Treasury Secretary is something that actually makes me excited to vote for Biden.  If you’re Buttigieg and you can choose to be either UN ambassador or Secretary of Veterans Affairs, which do you take?

I love this stuff, here’s a fun Politico with all kinds of speculation about people that might be in Biden’s cabinet if he wins. Elizabeth Warren as Treasury Secretary is something that actually makes me excited to vote for Biden.  If you’re Buttigieg and you can choose to be either UN ambassador or Secretary of Veterans Affairs, which do you take?
Hopefully Buttigieg takes the VA job. 

Warren = wow.   That is great.   if true

Hate to jump into this and jinx Biden’s chances but here are some very capable people I would want on my staff

- former Senator Clair McCaskill-Senior Advisor

- Sen. Amy Klobuchar- Attorney General
- Rep Val Demings - Chief of Staff

Maggie Haberman or Rachael Maddox - Press Secretary

General Mattis- Sec of Defense

Dan Coats - Director of National Intelligence 

If I were Joe, I would announce people being asked to be in cabinet - an include Pete,, Rice, a Hispanic, and whoever will be AG.

At a rally shortly after it was clear he was going to win the nomination, Beto was on stage and Biden said something like, "Beto, if I win, you are going to be my gun czar."

As a result, I think Beto will be Secretary of Homeland Security.

Letters would be sent to the following asking what positions ( if any)they would be interested in serving in his administration 

- Lt Col Vindman

- Fiona Hill

-Inspector Generals and prosecuting attorneys who were fired (unless there were actually any improprieties which I highly doubt)

-

SoS - Susan Rice

SoD - Tammy Duckworth

AG - Sally Yates

All of the above are slam dunks (maybe not Duckworth, as there are a lot of great picks otherwise)

SecTreas - Wild ### Guess - Austin Goolsby

Chief of Staff - Rahm Emmanuel

Press Secretary - Pete Buttigieg

Senate Maj Leader - Elizabeth Warren

Speaker of the House - Adam Shciff

Appointed CA Senator - Katie Porter

Autonomy to do as he thought best in the role?

Edit: or is "he" Biden in this question?
No, Yang...he would be giving up a lot to take even a cabinet position.

Id live him and more smart people like him in government...but they stand to make so much in the private sector that IMO its so hard to get them in.

Drunken Cowboy said:
there are no Green or Libertarian options with the qualifications to be on the cabinet. 
Off the top of my head, someone out of Weld, Amash, and Gary Johnson must surely be able to run a cabinet department. I'm probably forgetting someone else. I'm less familiar with the Greens, but find it hard to believe there isn't a single person in the party that couldn't handle say, the Labor department.

Off the top of my head, someone out of Weld, Amash, and Gary Johnson must surely be able to run a cabinet department. I'm probably forgetting someone else. I'm less familiar with the Greens, but find it hard to believe there isn't a single person in the party that couldn't handle say, the Labor department.
None are actually libertarians. Johnson maybe, but he has never won anything as a Libertarian. 

If it were to ever happen (which it won't)...it's likely that we would know shortly after Joe is told who they are.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread