What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020 NBA Playoffs Thread - Haters arguing that it took Lebron 10 Finals to win 4 titles (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As amazing as Butler was in game 3, he consistently deferred and was passive in the fourth last night.  It's almost like he was looking not to take a shot and was scared.  Heat needed more from him last night but he was looking for Herro and Robinson to take the shot.  Disappointing finish.

SoBeDad said:
Dragic could've made a difference tonight. He made a huge contribution in the bubble. The hope is he'll sign for one more year in Miami. 
No doubt.  Dragic pick n' rolls (especially with Bam) consistently produce good looks.  It also forces the defense to pay attention to that motion and allows the 3pt shooters an opportunity to pop open on off-ball actions.

As amazing as Butler was in game 3, he consistently deferred and was passive in the fourth last night.  It's almost like he was looking not to take a shot and was scared.  Heat needed more from him last night but he was looking for Herro and Robinson to take the shot.  Disappointing finish.
At this stage of his career Butler has proven he definitely isn't scared of anything.  I do agree he deferred quite a bit and looked to kick out in too many situations last night.  Gotta give LA some credit there, they did a much better job keeping a big on Butler in game 4, mainly AD.

The Lakers waited until the 4th quarter to surprise the Heat with that huge adjustment.  Put a 7’6” wingspan on Butler and sag off him.  That stops him from getting in the lane where he wants to be.  Dare him to shoot a 3.   He shot 24% on 3’s this year so of course he isn’t going to want to take that shot.

Butler is not a typical NBA superstar. He’s not a guy that you can give the ball too and tell him to get a decent shot up for himself. He’s not going to over power or outquick guys like Lebron or AD. He doesn’t have insane handles  or a super quick shot release like steph, klay, cp3, or  dame.  He doesn’t have insane height or length to shoot over guys like KD or Anthony Davis are able to do. The way he’s been successful with Miami is by leadership and creating a culture where there is accountability and trust amongst teammates.  I don’t think he was “deferring”- he was doing what he has preached with Miami all year- team basketball and trust. Him trying to create a shot for himself vs Bron or AD is probably going to result in a lower percentage shot than Herro putting one up against Kcp or rondo. Etc.

I feel like both teams played scrappy last night. The Lakers supporting cast stepped up- kcp, Caruso, green and rondo all had moments where their contributions gave the Lakers a solid lift. In a game where both teams play decent and tough- the talent gap ended up being a deciding factor imo. 

Craig_MiamiFL said:
:lmao:  

His old home had been on the market since Feb (after signing his EXTENSION here).

He's already bought a new home here.

Go enjoy KAT's stat padding on a 20 win team, D-Lo's no defense, and whatever bust you take at #1.

Be excellent to each other.

Have a good (off)season

-C
My feelings are hurt.

Last edited by a moderator:
Craig_MiamiFL said:
:lmao:  

His old home had been on the market since Feb (after signing his EXTENSION here).

He's already bought a new home here.

Go enjoy KAT's stat padding on a 20 win team, D-Lo's no defense, and whatever bust you take at #1.

Be excellent to each other.

Have a good (off)season

-C
My feelings are hurt.
i agree there is nothing wrong with not liking minnesota i personally think they should bulldoze the whole thing into a giant bass fishin hole but there is no need to be mean about it like that so i salute you frosterlicius and got your back take that to the bank bromigo 

Strange timing. I notice that the T-wolves were recently mentioned in this thread.  I just read an interesting article about their former center Nikola Pekovic.  Sounds like he's moved onto being affiliated with the Mob and the drug trafficking game since retiring from the NBA.    

https://www.opencourt-basketball.com/after-his-nba-career-nikola-pekovic-has-apparently-found-success-as-a-mobster-and-drug-lord/
For some reason, I'm not totally surprised.

Shams Charania

@ShamsCharania

NBA’s 2019-20 Executive of the Year: Clippers president Lawrence Frank.

😂🤣😅🤣😂

Honestly it should go to Sam Presti for the voodoo magic he pulled off

First looked really bad

then I thought maybe just a cramp

but then it looked like it was in a very weird place for that

but now he seems to be moving better

Amazing game to watch. Seeing Lebron and Butler go back and forth was a thing of beauty. I know AD was hobbled but I was shocked to see he had 28 points  and 12 boards tonight. I love the dudes game but that may have been the least impactful 28-12 game that I can remember.  For the Lakers to win- his stamp needs to be on the game somewhere- regardless of if he’s hobbled.

Amazing game to watch. Seeing Lebron and Butler go back and forth was a thing of beauty. I know AD was hobbled but I was shocked to see he had 28 points  and 12 boards tonight. I love the dudes game but that may have been the least impactful 28-12 game that I can remember.  For the Lakers to win- his stamp needs to be on the game somewhere- regardless of if he’s hobbled.
Eh, if Danny Green hits a wide open 3 that I could hit at 47, the Lakers likely win the game. 

Mad props to the Heat who fought like hell to win that game. 

Is Butler the MVP yet?
If the Heat wins the series, which is still unlikely, it'll be because of his will, the ultimate chip on his shoulder, great 2-way play, and clutch shots. And the Heat's ability to develop and select young players like Robinson and Nunn who were undrafted, and Herro and Adebayo. Nobody expected Butler to rise to this level, but with Dragic out, and Adebayo nursing a neck injury, he's brought his game up to LeBron level in the Heat wins. Who needs the Freak when you have Buckets.

Mad mad respect for Butler. I’ve never viewed him as this type of dominant force at any point in his career. He is playing out of his mind. And Robinson clutched up huge tonight. Hitting 3’s at will with guys in his face. They earned it. And they believe. Which for a Laker fan like me is scary. The bench has to step up. LeBron was a freakin warrior tonight. That effort wins 99% of games. Lakers are going to have to earn it against this team 

I want Jimmy Butler to somehow pull off this miracle upset and then we can staple the Heat championship headline to Joshua Harris and Elton Brands face.

Judge Smails said:
Mad mad respect for Butler. I’ve never viewed him as this type of dominant force at any point in his career. He is playing out of his mind. And Robinson clutched up huge tonight. Hitting 3’s at will with guys in his face. They earned it. And they believe. Which for a Laker fan like me is scary. The bench has to step up. LeBron was a freakin warrior tonight. That effort wins 99% of games. Lakers are going to have to earn it against this team 
Green, KCP, Kuzma, Rondo, Morris, and Caruso were 6-24 from 3 last night, with a majority of those being open catch and shoot.  That group needs to have a decent-ish (33% from 3) shooting game in one of these next two to get a W.  Along with that, they need to not ball watch while Robinson runs to open spots on the floor.  The defense on him last night was poor.  Props to him for continuing to move and hitting shots, but he got a number of those because his defender decided to stare at Butler with the ball and forget what his own task was.  

Lakers defense has been awesome in game 6 so far, and Rondo looks committed tonight.  That's a bad combo for the Heat.

The Lakers are so whiny.  Up 20 with 2:00 left to close out the championship and LBJ gets a T for slapping the backboard then spends the entire next possession barking at the ref.  Then Rondo whines about a no call and then half the team complaining about a call on KCP trying to run through a screen.

I hate this Laker team so much.

Congratulations to all the Lakers fans.  Great season and a bubble title.

Now quit counting the championships the team won in Minnesota.  It's non-sensical.

The Lakers are so whiny.  Up 20 with 2:00 left to close out the championship and LBJ gets a T for slapping the backboard then spends the entire next possession barking at the ref.  Then Rondo whines about a no call and then half the team complaining about a call on KCP trying to run through a screen.

I hate this Laker team so much.

Hate away.  But you better RESPECT. 

In a way I’ve been waiting my whole life for this. The only thing Boston had on the Lakers was the 17 rings. Now that’s over. Lakers are heads up the greatest franchise in NBA history. They’re the Yankees of basketball. 

It's a testament to the greatness of LeBron James that he got that franchise another title.  Let's face it, the franchise had become awful for years prior to his arrival, even in Kobe's last few years, but LeBron comes to town and two years later, championship. Just another page on his GOAT resume.

It's a testament to the greatness of LeBron James that he got that franchise another title.  Let's face it, the franchise had become awful for years prior to his arrival, even in Kobe's last few years, but LeBron comes to town and two years later, championship. Just another page on his GOAT resume.
After Jerry West retired they were lousy until Magic arrived. After Magic retired they were lousy until Shaq and Kobe arrived. After Shaq left, even with Kobe, they were lousy until they got Gasol. After Kobe got hurt and then retired they were lousy until this season. 
It’s the same pattern over and over. They have a few bad and mediocre years and then new superstars come along and they’re on top again. There simply is no long stretch of poor performance. It’s amazing. 

If you had told me before the season that at the end of the year I would love seeing Rondo on the court and feel happy for Dwight Howard, I would have punched you in the face.  What a crazy year.  What a dominating way to end this bizarre, draining season.  I am continually amazed by Lebron, and Davis is such a destructive force on defense.  So much fun to watch them lock in at the defensive end.  

Best half of team defense I’ve ever seen. Perfect strategy, near perfect execution.  Laker Nation is very happy right now.  There will be arguments, but if I could start a team with any player in history it would be LeBron. Over Michael, over Kareem, over Magic. What he did especially at his age is unreal. 

Lakers brought it tonight.  Lebron was all over the place and very aggressive. AD put his stamp on the game especially on the defensive end.   Rondo, KCP, and Caruso really brought energy and provided a spark tonight.   With that said--Heat fans have a lot to be proud of.   That team is loaded with talent--and a lot of it is very young talent.  Honestly--I think bringing Dragic back tonight backfired on them.   It felt as though his return took some of the momentum and motivation away from Herro, Nunn and even Butler to a certain extent.   I feel like the Heat play better when they are more "hungry".  His return was fools gold for them--he wasn't himself and I think it took some of the hunger away from the entire team.   With that said--I know ratings were down--but I really enjoyed what the NBA was able to do with the bubble.   Will be an interesting off season as well in my opinion.   

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread