What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

5 years from now, will you still wear a mask when sick? (1 Viewer)

Do you think pubic mask wearing will become common?

• Yes

Votes: 50 39.4%
  • No

Votes: 77 60.6%

• Total voters
I have no idea why now, two times, you have tried to make this into an “ugly American” deal. Lots of people in Europe feel the same and in the UK especially, it is “worse” than in the US. 
Many people in Europe and elsewhere think we as a society are big, fat, dumb, selfish bloated savages.  They ain’t wrong. 

Not trying to make it into anything.  Just juxtaposing a really respectful culture, like the culture in Japan, that emphasizes the whole and focuses on showing respect for others (of course I will wear a mask if I may have a communicable ailment as I wouldn’t want to give it to anyone else and it’s the right thing to do), and Murica, which is all about me me me, my guns, my rights, yadda yadda (DONT TAKE AWAY MY RIGHTs, I AINT WEARIN NO MASK, SECOND AMENDMENT SAYS SO). 

Just very different views on life and the world around us. 

Had this conversation with my uncle yesterday. I think it does become common in the years to come regardless of how Covid goes. 

I have a friend that lives in Japan. He said the people there have been wearing masks for several years because of some other virus (do not remember what virus he said). 

I still am not convinced the mask make any difference so I will not wear one unless I am in a place they are required.
Tell us about your years of training in science and medicine that lead you to this skepticism.  

ALL THE SCIENTISTS: If we all wear masks, we will transmit this disease less

SOME PEOPLE:  Yeah I just don’t believe you, and I have a right to do as I choose since this is America.

ALL THE SCIENTISTS: Wait, what?  We have science.  We did experiments.  We’re certain this will make things better for everyone.  And ok let’s pretend for a minute we did this through black magic and we end up dead wrong.  What’s the harm in wearing a mask just in case we’re maybe right?

SOME PEOPLE: Well they look stupid and they’re kind of inconvenient.  And this is an opportunity to stand on my liberties.

ALL THE SCIENTISTS: 🤦‍♂️

Last edited by a moderator:
I posted this in another thread at some point, but when I first started traveling to Japan 15 years ago, I would notice so many folks there wearing masks and just thought they were uptight neat freaks and germophobes afraid of getting sick. It wasn’t until years later that I learned the people wearing masks were sick or had colds and were doing it to protect others. It’s funny that big fat dumb American culture can’t even comprehend that, even in a pandemic.  And I don’t think even a year or two of this will make a dent in American ways. Unfortunately. 

LOOK AT ME!!!!1 i'M WOKE!!1!!!!!

Let's assume Covid finally resolves and life returns back to "normal". When you aren't feeling well, will you wear a mask out in public for the sake of others? Do you think others will much like Asian countries already did prior to Covid?
A lot of the Asian countries do so because of terrible air quality.

Users who are viewing this thread