What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Patience or Fire Sale? (1 Viewer)

oddsbodkins

Footballguy
Curious to how those in dynasty or keeper leagues handle this when the writing is seemingly on the wall.

I'm in a keeper league and my team has been ravaged by injury (Barkley, Godwin, AJB, Bell) and I have two Titans (Henry and AJB). We are in a doubleheader league and I'll be 6 games back of the lead horses. Our league also has 4 teams that seem destined to make the playoffs as they are head and shoulders above the other 8 teams the way things have shaken out. 

I decided to start selling for picks today. What do you all do? Do you wait until halfway? Later? Or do you like to be the first out there setting the market price?

This is a tough question to answer in 2020

1. Season ending/long term injuries seem to be a little more common. Maybe not, but it seems that way

2. With injuries teams may be more likely to put a guy on short term IR with that rule change, especially with a threat of COVID making every roster spot valuable. This means a guy who might have been out 2 weeks is out longer

3. COVID... just look at this week. Your teammates may have sat Mahomes, and lost because of it. Or they had to scramble to find a replacement for Henry or JuJu. 

I don’t think anyone can say with confidence in 2020 that they are out of it after week 4

Edit: what I do in a normal year is after 6-8 weeks in I’d look at my remaining schedule and make a decision on what to do. Things can change so fast. Last year in one league I punted on the season from the get go and I was a few points away from the playoffs. Anything can happen 

Last edited by a moderator:
It's difficult for me because I'm usually buying. But the way these first four weeks have gone, it's been consistently horrible and I've faced only one top team. I also have 2 bye weeks that are massive troublemakers due to multiple players being out. I'm nervous that if I wait too long, other teams may beat me to the punch.

I guess it also depends on who you're trading. Are these rental players or are they eligible to be kept? 

Users who are viewing this thread