What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 Rookie Thoughts (2 Viewers)

Back to 2023… :)

if I were to redraft this rookie class in PPR, TE-P league, non-SF, here’s my top 12:

1 B Robinson
2 Nacua
3 LaPorta
4 Gibbs
5 Addison
6 Achane
7 Flowers
8 R Rice
9 Dell
10 JSN
11 Kincaid
12 J Reed

I think :)
Good list.

It's strangely enough harder for me to rank them now then when we were drafting them and did not have benefit of a season.

I remember doing this after the 2017 season with the just the rookie RB's and I think it was ranking out Dalvin, Mixon, CMC, Fournette, Hunt and Kamara and I don't recall exactly where I had CMC but it was near the end of the list and it was not a controversial take even though it ended up being way wrong. That speaks to some of the points being made in the thread about how what we think we know after a year is not always the case. Countless examples.

I'm not even going to get into it right now except to say I'd have the same top 4 as you, consider it tier one, but would remain with Bijan and Gibbs as the top two.

I'll add it's really hard to justify putting players like Kendre Miller, Spears, a Packer TE and some others based on their actual output. But it would surprise very few people if they crash a revised list this time next year. I'd only be hesitant to put Downs in this list because I did not like hearing his knee issue was from college and the way he trailed off after the injury started to bother him but his play before trailing off was right in the mix with the some of the other WR's mentioned.

What a loaded looking class though and we did not even get into Stroud and the upside of Richardson because of how QB's are valued in the format you referenced and a few other rando's like Chase Brown and some I feel like I'm forgetting who have legit shots to have tangible value.

The one thing we should all be able to agree on is that the takes last year that this draft class was weak or overrated were bad takes.

if I were to redraft this rookie class in PPR, TE-P league, non-SF, here’s my top 12:

1 B Robinson
2 Nacua
3 LaPorta
4 Gibbs
5 Addison
6 Achane
7 Flowers
8 R Rice
9 Dell
10 JSN
11 Kincaid
12 J Reed

Good list.

It's strangely enough harder for me to rank them now then when we were drafting them and did not have benefit of a season.

I remember doing this after the 2017 season with the just the rookie RB's and I think it was ranking out Dalvin, Mixon, CMC, Fournette, Hunt and Kamara and I don't recall exactly where I had CMC but it was near the end of the list and it was not a controversial take even though it ended up being way wrong. That speaks to some of the points being made in the thread about how what we think we know after a year is not always the case. Countless examples.

I'm not even going to get into it right now except to say I'd have the same top 4 as you, consider it tier one, but would remain with Bijan and Gibbs as the top two.

I'll add it's really hard to justify putting players like Kendre Miller, Spears, a Packer TE and some others based on their actual output. But it would surprise very few people if they crash a revised list this time next year. I'd only be hesitant to put Downs in this list because I did not like hearing his knee issue was from college and the way he trailed off after the injury started to bother him but his play before trailing off was right in the mix with the some of the other WR's mentioned.

What a loaded looking class though and we did not even get into Stroud and the upside of Richardson because of how QB's are valued in the format you referenced and a few other rando's like Chase Brown and some I feel like I'm forgetting who have legit shots to have tangible value.

The one thing we should all be able to agree on is that the takes last year that this draft class was weak or overrated were bad takes.

It’s a ridiculously strong class. There are easily another 20 names minimum outside of joeys that contributed or look to be useful next year.

1 B Robinson
2 Nacua
3 LaPorta
4 Gibbs
5 Addison
6 Achane
7 Flowers
8 R Rice
9 Dell
10 JSN
11 Kincaid
12 J Reed

Good list.

Yep.

1 B Robinson
2 Nacua
3 LaPorta
4 Gibbs
5 Addison
6 Achane
7 Flowers
8 R Rice
9 Dell
10 JSN
11 Kincaid
12 J Reed

Good list.

Very bad takes indeed. I was pretty high on the class in comparison but more from a roster glue perspective than blue chip contributors, meaning I underestimated it as well.

Going through the list, don’t care about rankings so much but rather buckets of who will sustain blue chip status and who will be non-star contributors.

No order really but I’d bucket then like this:

Blue chips-

Bijan
Gibbs
Achane
LaPora
Kincaid
Nacua

Solid contributors-

Addison
Flowers
Rice