What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

CBS Sports Fantasy Site Issues? (1 Viewer)

Loomba

Footballguy
Hello All,

Just wondering if others are experiencing issues with CBSSports' fantasy football website the last few days (at least more than usual...)?   

I have noticed that messages posted to the message board are not being sent out to my league (I have double checked league alert settings).  Last night's FAAB report (which usually comes out around midnight Mountain Standard time) was several hours late and in a weird format.  Now additional free agents are all on waivers until next week when they should not be (we allow additional pickups for free until Sunday kickoff).   I am sure there are other gremlins I have not yet discovered...

Would be relieved(?) to know if we are not alone and this is more of 2020 silliness.

Thanks.

ETA: Yes, I am THE COMMISH... I checked the settings to see if anything was inadvertently changed but it all looks good.  I guess we will let them sort out the bugs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Messages haven’t been emailing since Tuesday.

Last night the site was down a couple times with a “back-end data” issue message.

I suspect having to hammer in a TNF game at the last minute caused a ripple effect. CBS is usually pretty good about fixing stuff. 

But yeah - you’re not alone. 

Last edited by a moderator:
hmm, my league hasn't had any of these issues. Since last week the faab waiver has been running about 2-3 hours late, but the processes behind it working fine as usual for me. are you the commish? If not, check with your commish whether he tried to change something and messed it up. things go haywire sometimes when i try to change league policies mid season. otherwise report it to CBS, that's their flagship product and are really good about responding.

Looks fine to me. Add/drops happening as normal and getting the emails fine.

Only quirk this week is we didn't adjust our wavier rule, but whatevs, that's on us: we run waivers Tue/Wed and Wed/Thurs which is supposed to allow for players dropped in the waiver run on Tue/Wed to be picked up and used in time for the Thursday game if needed. However, anyone dropped after that waiver run, like mid-day on Wednesday, won't clear waivers in 24 hours to be on the Wed/Thurs run, so, they aren't available until next week. For whatever reason, it's not possible to run waivers again Fri/Sat, I'm not the commish so I don't know why. 

In hindsight, we should have adjusted waivers for this week since there's no Thursday game. But we didn't. Oh well. Sometimes it's strategic, I won't drop guys until Wed to make sure my opponent can't pick them up. It's just one of my league's quirks that adds a flavor of strategy.

We are okay now.   Had a glitch where waivers weren't run at normal time but it was corrected by 9:00 or so

There was a note on our homepage that they intentionally delayed the waiver run due to the Tuesday night game. They also locked all non-waiver free agents for a few hours after that, until the Week 6 period officially began at like 9AM. Just a timing quirk due to TNF.

There was a note on our homepage that they intentionally delayed the waiver run due to the Tuesday night game. They also locked all non-waiver free agents for a few hours after that, until the Week 6 period officially began at like 9AM. Just a timing quirk due to TNF.
They were pretty proactive about it - they actually didn't enforce anything on their own, but they did email commissioners informing them of the Tuesday night game, and reminding us that Waivers normally run on Tuesday nights. They suggested that commishes change the settings to eliminate the Tuesday run, but they did not make any changes to any leagues (and said as much in the email) . 

So if waivers ran late that's just the normal CBS  quirk where they can run any time between 10:30 PM - 11:45 PM PT.  Typically it's been around 11:20 PM PT, but as I understand this varies regionally.  Apparently CBS back-end server has the processing power of a TRS-80 from 1983, and Radio Shack discontinued support some time ago, so....

lol

In my league we cancelled the WW run for Tuesday night with the idea that if someone got hurt, no one  would know the extent until Wednesday at least, so it wouldn't be right to force owners to make add/drop decisions without access to all the information resulting from a TuNF game. But then, we're IDP so we have more players/more injuries than standard D/ST leagues. 

Every gosh darn year it's a problem with CBSSports.com

This year, I can't join my friend's league because the ####in page where the leagues are listed won't load.  I'm about to mail them some dog####.  Multimillion dollar broadcasting company and they can't do any better than that.  BUUUUUUUUUUUULLLLLLLLLSSSSSSSSSSHIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTAAAA!!!

Users who are viewing this thread