What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Injured defensive players/ lineup decisions (1 Viewer)

da_budman

Footballguy
Im a seasoned vet of FF  but recentl realized Ive probably been making lineup decisions without complete information.  Here is the thing.  Ive never plaed IDP and except for a few players here and there couldnt tell you which  defensive players (or offesive lineman for that matter)  REALLY make a difference in how my offensive players are about to perform when they are out injured. 

For example:  a team is without a safety and a cornerback for the upcoming game.  Well except for a select few players I dont know  them from adam to decide if my wide receiver has a better matchup or not because those 2 players are out.  I mean they could be scrubs who dont even play for all I know.  Best I can do is see Joe Schmo cornerback is injured which is pretty much meaningless unless I know good old joe is Indys best corner who alwas covers the other teams best WR.

My question is:   Where do you gus go to get that sort of info to take your lineup  decisions to the next level?  Other than a blurb here or there that says team X will be without their best 2 linebackers this week which should make it easier to run on an already bad defense.  stuff like that...I really dont know where to get that info without doing a ton of in depth research.  So where do those of you that take this sort of information go for that information?  Like are there articles written each week on  injuries to take advantage of game by game?  If there are concise articles on FBG I havent seen them (yes Im a subscriber)  If its free info/ articles written each week on other sites Id love to know about that as well.  Just seems like since injuries to our players opponents is a big part of how my guys will perform and Im not doing nearly as good a job as I could be taking that into account.  

As much as offensive projections are volatile, I have found IDP projections to be even more of a crapshoot from week-to-week (I've been in IDP leagues for about a decade). Forecasts from FBGs (yes, I'm a subscriber, too) and others are very conservative (hard to predict a pick-6, after all), but they are generally accurate qualitatively. But because so few leagues use IDP relative to team D, there aren't a lot of good outlets for IDP information.

As much as offensive projections are volatile, I have found IDP projections to be even more of a crapshoot from week-to-week (I've been in IDP leagues for about a decade). Forecasts from FBGs (yes, I'm a subscriber, too) and others are very conservative (hard to predict a pick-6, after all), but they are generally accurate qualitatively. But because so few leagues use IDP relative to team D, there aren't a lot of good outlets for IDP information.
Thanks for the response.  Im not so much concerned about IDP  (Im in team special teams/defense leagues) as I am information  about injuries  and how they are apt to affect m players performances.  For example:  Minn today has 2 cornerbacks inactive.  Ive got  Matt Ryan plaing against them.   He has been lousy for the last 2 weeks.  Information Im looking for is does somebody write a column somewhere that sas either:  these 2 CBs being out doesnt really affect Ryan that much because they are really just scrubs who dont pla much anway  OR  these are there 2 starting  CBs  and both  are top 20 CBs in the league and having them both out means their backups who are horrible will be forced to play making Ryan a much better start than he otherwise would have been.   Information like that would be invaluable to lineup decissions.  There must be  somebody somewhere who specializes in this soort of analsis.....not IDP  but rather injury situations that may have an affect on start/sit  decisions. 

Thanks for the response.  Im not so much concerned about IDP  (Im in team special teams/defense leagues) as I am information  about injuries  and how they are apt to affect m players performances.  For example:  Minn today has 2 cornerbacks inactive.  Ive got  Matt Ryan plaing against them.   He has been lousy for the last 2 weeks.  Information Im looking for is does somebody write a column somewhere that sas either:  these 2 CBs being out doesnt really affect Ryan that much because they are really just scrubs who dont pla much anway  OR  these are there 2 starting  CBs  and both  are top 20 CBs in the league and having them both out means their backups who are horrible will be forced to play making Ryan a much better start than he otherwise would have been.   Information like that would be invaluable to lineup decissions.  There must be  somebody somewhere who specializes in this soort of analsis.....not IDP  but rather injury situations that may have an affect on start/sit  decisions. 
I think its safe to assume those 2 missing Cornerbacks probably made a difference today.  😁

davidwb said:
Agreed. My one main league does 4 IDP players of any position so not very in depth and lots of players to choose from. I go with the guys who get tackles for safe plays, or sacks as the big plays. But it's so hit or miss at times.

da_budman said:
I think its safe to assume those 2 missing Cornerbacks probably made a difference today.  😁
not really.  The Vikings defense backfield is terrible regardless of who is starting for them.

Users who are viewing this thread