What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Question for league managers (1 Viewer)

Do you allow trades between teams that are eliminated from the playoffs and teams that are contendin

• Yes

Votes: 17 68.0%
  • No

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters

The_Fonz

Footballguy
Do you allow teams that are eliminated from the playoffs to trade with teams that are contending?  I cannot see any benefit other than collusion or stupidity and I want to veto these trades.  I may not even make playoffs, it just seems wrong. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Redraft league or Dynasty. Is there a reward for the toilet bowl game? More details are needed. If you give any kind of reward for the toilet bowl game, trades should be allowed for all!

Redraft league or Dynasty. Is there a reward for the toilet bowl game? More details are needed. If you give any kind of reward for the toilet bowl game, trades should be allowed for all!
Redraft league, no toilet bowl. That is my problem. There's no reason for a team with 1 win to be making trades. Am I wrong to veto?

Redraft league, no toilet bowl. That is my problem. There's no reason for a team with 1 win to be making trades. Am I wrong to veto?
In this case, I would say not wrong, but it is something you definitely need to add in to your rules going forward.

But they should still be able to make waiver moves.

If you are in a redraft and mathematically eliminated from making any $, then you should not be allowed to trade. It seems pretty rare as most leagues have a consolation bracket or high points or some other $ incentive for every team. 

If the trade is reasonable and both teams can make a valid argument to how the deal benefits both of their teams--it should be allowed.  When an owner signs up for a league--he reserves the right to manage his/her team for the duration of their season within the framework of the rules (no collusion, player dumping, submitting proper lineups..etc)

If the regular season is still happening then as long as the trade is reasonable it should be ok.  

If a team is eliminated from the playoffs and the playoffs are happening then that roster should be frozen because their season is over (assuming no toilet bowl or other game of monetary meaning is still happening for those eliminated from the playoffs.)

Another good topic for discussion.

Having nothing left to play for is a bad thing.  Redraft leagues are famous for this.  Here are a few things your league can do:

- Toilet Bowl - gives even the crappiest of teams a reason to play out the season

- Trade deadline - this is commonplace in every redraft league I have ever been in

- Great commish - the right person could be able to ferret out collusion before it happens

- Draft order for next year - most redraft leagues keep the bulk of owners from year to year.  The best team to miss out on playoffs gets the #1 pick, and so on.

- Pay a fee for the trade - at a certain point in the season, make next year's cost the trade fee

- Trade deadline - this is commonplace in every redraft league I have ever been in
Kickoff of Week 13 TNF is our sweet

Weekly high score payouts also disincentivize random ######tery 

finally, playing with folks you know who have a ongoing stake in the league generally eliminates destructive behavior like this 

Users who are viewing this thread