What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

⚽ EPL 2021-22 Fantasy League ⚽ ​ - League Cup Update (2 Viewers)

I  was trying to plan a trip to Liverpool in May for the Spurs game, might have to get a Portuguese reunion in March instead for Liverpool/United. 

That Shane Duffy is a monster out there.

I would like to thank all of you for letting me easily pick him up off the waiver wire.  😃

What a crap pick Havertz is turning out to be. Pick #13 and he has done ####.

Open to decent trade offers if anyone is interested. I could use a good Forward. 

Sorry for the late notice - but if anyone is interested in a mini-league we have created a Perfect XI league, where you get to choose your best XI each week - similar to the official game, but with Fantrax scoring, and no budgets, or restrictions on transfers.

This is the link to signup - if you click the link, it should automatically sign you up if you have a Fantrax account:

https://twitter.com/DPLCommLeague/status/1458139406456348674

Last year we did this for the final 13 weeks of the season, with the top-10 finishers getting to pick their draft spot in the Community Leagues (I can explain later, but essentially, a 10-league, league with managers from around the world..)

This year, we are doing 3 mini-seasons, where the top-10 finishers in each mini-season gets to compete in the final - presumably for the same prize of being able to pick your draft slot next season, but I don't think we have finalized that yet.)

The first mini-season, ended after week 11, the next one starts tomorrow, and runs for 10 weeks, so you are not making a long-term commitment here.  

This follows the same default Fantrax scoring that we use here, and lineups do not lock until a player's game starts, so you can swap out players right up to game time.

Most of the participants are active on twitter, which is where this is primarily advertised, but you don't have to be active, or even on twitter to join.

If you have questions - let me know - but I am going to be driving most of the rest of the day - sign up - no cost, figure it out as you go!

There is almost no time commitment to this - I have finished in the top-5 both times, and I don't bother setting up my line-up until the weekend.

Spurs and Leicester both requested to postpone their match on Thursday - for different reasons, but PL has turned them down.  So, Leicester is going into the game with no CBs - which is fine, since Spurs can't score anyway!

So what's the deal with this week? Do Wednesday's three games count for anything if they're actually played? Or only the weekend games?

@Sinn Fein

Last edited by a moderator:
Only Sunday/Monday games this week 

the midweek games are Caribou Cup games or whatever the epl calls that cup now. 
Oh, thought they were makeup games or something.

By the way, how are we going to handle if and when all these postponed games get made up? I'm envisioning a scenario where some teams have two games in a week and others just one, etc.

Oh, thought they were makeup games or something.

By the way, how are we going to handle if and when all these postponed games get made up? I'm envisioning a scenario where some teams have two games in a week and others just one, etc.
luck of the draw. 

teams that were disadvantaged by cancelled games could be rewarded with double games in a week. 

Absent a good reason to change - I am just going to keep this same waiver schedule until January - Mondays and Thursdays at 9:00 PM ET

So that means waivers will run tonight (and again on Thursday).

@McBokonon  @Poke_4_Life @Moe. @zazale @ChiefD @leftcoastguy7 @The Gator @Bonzai @BeTheMatch @Westerberg@justforpdsl  @cheese @Getzlaf15

Happy New Year Gents!

If you missed today's news - some of the postponed games have been rescheduled for January 11 and 12 - the following Tuesday and Wednesday.  Those games:

Southampton v. Brentford

Everton v. Leicester

West Ham v. Norwich

Are all part of the current game-week that starts tomorrow.  That means a few teams will have double game-weeks, and a few teams that had blanks this week, now have a game.

This also means we will not run waivers at all next week - since the entire week will be in the middle of the game week.

@McBokonon  @Poke_4_Life @Moe. @zazale @ChiefD @leftcoastguy7 @The Gator @Bonzai @BeTheMatch @Westerberg @justforpdsl@cheese @Getzlaf15

Quick update on our new mid-season Cup.

It will be a single bracket, with two-legged ties.

@ChiefD @McBokonon @Poke_4_Life @cheese - will have byes in the first round

I will randomize the order for the rest of the teams.

Dates:

1st Round: GWs 26 & 27

Quarterfinals: GWs 29 & 30

Semi-Finals: GWs 32 & 33

Final: GWs 35 & 36

I don't think we can avoid Double Game weeks for some players - too many postponed games that have to be made up.

I think Blank weeks might also be a factor - for future "COVID" postponements, I think we will simply have to treat those players as injured.  But - there will also be a few known blank weeks - e.g. League Cup Final, and some FA Cup ties.  When I have more time, and can identify those dates with some specificity - I might tweak the schedule to avoid those GWs.  There is a bit of flexibility in the dates, and I really just want to have it complete before GW 38.

Be aware - there is a new Double Game Week - this week.

Burnley and Watford will play on Saturday February 5 - so AFTER the International Break.  That is included in GW23 that starts today

Be aware - there is a new Double Game Week - this week.

Burnley and Watford will play on Saturday February 5 - so AFTER the International Break.  That is included in GW23 that starts today

So - waivers.

Right now they are scheduled to run on Monday night - Feb 7.

The next Game Week starts on Tuesday, Feb 8.

Do we want that to be the only waivers run, or do you want to run waivers on Sunday night AND Monday night?

So - waivers.

Right now they are scheduled to run on Monday night - Feb 7.

The next Game Week starts on Tuesday, Feb 8.

Do we want that to be the only waivers run, or do you want to run waivers on Sunday night AND Monday night?
Two runs might be nice, but one should suffice.  I'm flexible.  

Anybody also doing Fantasy Premier League?

I am sucking that up as bad as this league,

currently in 4.5 millionth place ..... out of 7 million.  Not too good.

I probably made it more complicated than I needed - but I have done the random draw, with a little help, for the FBGs Cup.

I randomized the list of teams with a bye as follows:

ChiefD
BareChested Matadors Rising
Poker in the Rear
Cheese

I sent that list ahead of time to @leftcoastguy7, and asked him to send me a list of 1-8 in random order.  At the same time I sent @McBokonon a randomized list of the remaining 8 teams, and asked him to send me 9-12 in random order. 

There's a sale at Pulisic's!
red flag brigade
Sporting Real Christo United F.C.
AFC Richmond
Antiheroins FC
Drunken Slob FC
The McTominator
leftcoastguy7

@leftcoastguy7 - 7,8,3,2,6,1,5,4

@McBokonon - 11,9,10,12

That resulted in the Bracket looking like this:

@drunken slob v. 2 @BeTheMatch (AFC Richmond) -> winner to face 9 @McBokonon (BareChested Matadors Rising)

@justforpdsl (SRCU FC) v. 4 @leftcoastguy7 -> winner to face 10 @Poke_4_Life

@Bonzai @Westerberg (The McTominator) v. 6 @The Gator (Antiheroins FC) -> winner to face 11 @ChiefD

@zazale @Getzlaf15 (There is a sale at Pulisic's) v. 8 @Moe. (red flag brigade) -> winner to face 12 @cheese

Google Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1B9bjYF7IbH6Zqi4qMRwAtIm6Kgu-U9agndmWs9DX7Ds/edit?usp=sharing

These are two-legged ties, first round starts in GW 26.  (This weekend is GW 25)

Also - while I have you here - GW 25 runs until Tuesday.  So, no waivers on Monday - we will keep Waivers on Thursday Feb 17 for now.

GW 26, runs from Saturday Feb 19 to Thursday Feb 24 - so Waivers will run again on Thursday the 24th.

I probably made it more complicated than I needed - but I have done the random draw, with a little help, for the FBGs Cup.

I randomized the list of teams with a bye as follows:

ChiefD
BareChested Matadors Rising
Poker in the Rear
Cheese

I sent that list ahead of time to @leftcoastguy7, and asked him to send me a list of 1-8 in random order.  At the same time I sent @McBokonon a randomized list of the remaining 8 teams, and asked him to send me 9-12 in random order. 

There's a sale at Pulisic's!
red flag brigade
Sporting Real Christo United F.C.
AFC Richmond
Antiheroins FC
Drunken Slob FC
The McTominator
leftcoastguy7

@leftcoastguy7 - 7,8,3,2,6,1,5,4

@McBokonon - 11,9,10,12

That resulted in the Bracket looking like this:

@drunken slob v. 2 @BeTheMatch (AFC Richmond) -> winner to face 9 @McBokonon (BareChested Matadors Rising)

@justforpdsl (SRCU FC) v. 4 @leftcoastguy7 -> winner to face 10 @Poke_4_Life

@Bonzai @Westerberg (The McTominator) v. 6 @The Gator (Antiheroins FC) -> winner to face 11 @ChiefD

@zazale @Getzlaf15 (There is a sale at Pulisic's) v. 8 @Moe. (red flag brigade) -> winner to face 12 @cheese

Google Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1B9bjYF7IbH6Zqi4qMRwAtIm6Kgu-U9agndmWs9DX7Ds/edit?usp=sharing

These are two-legged ties, first round starts in GW 26.  (This weekend is GW 25)
So, for this noob in the league:

Is this how the league champion is determined? Or is this just a contest within a contest?

So, for this noob in the league:

Is this how the league champion is determined? Or is this just a contest within a contest?
Just a contest within a contest - there is a little prize money for winning.  But league Champ is based on the full season results.

I think you're misunderstanding my meaning. I had the least amount of points scored against me. By far. My team sucked. If it wasn't for that dumb luck, I would've been middle of the pack at best. I wasn't complaining.
LOL, yep totally thought you meant that the other way.  

Carry on #2.  

I finished about in the middle of the pack.  I need to find a way to stay engaged all season.  Just such a long season and I forget to check injuries, form, etc. for a few weeks then it's all shot.  

Oh well, I'll be back next year.  

I think you're misunderstanding my meaning. I had the least amount of points scored against me. By far. My team sucked. If it wasn't for that dumb luck, I would've been middle of the pack at best. I wasn't complaining.
You can only beat who’s in front of you.

Users who are viewing this thread