What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

✦✦✦ Official 2015 Pittsburgh Steelers Thread &#10 (1 Viewer)

It is a good thing we are going for more 2 pointers because apparently we can't keep a kicker healthy for more than 2 weeks. :wall:

Oof they are going to miss Bryant, I said before he is knucklehead and can't trust to have him on roster but wow. Could be rough beginning to start season without him & bell. Deangelo looked pretty good though

Every single Bills QB is crushing this secondary right now. I have a hard time believe that Tyrod Taylor and EJ Manuel is that good on a normal top 20 defense.

I mean even Matt Simms is killing them :kicksrock:

Last edited by a moderator:
Every single Bills QB is crushing this secondary right now. I have a hard time believe that Tyrod Taylor and EJ Manuel is that good on a normal top 20 defense.

I mean even Chris Simms is killing them :kicksrock:
Bills QBS now 29/32 for 372 yards and 3 TDs, combined passer rating of 133. Is the Steelers' pass defense really THIS bad??

karmarooster said:
hammerva said:

I mean even Chris Simms is killing them :kicksrock:
Bills QBS now 29/32 for 372 yards and 3 TDs, combined passer rating of 133. Is the Steelers' pass defense really THIS bad??
I'm gonna go with no. My chances of being right are pretty good.

All I can say is, last week they had 6 sacks and beat GB. This week they (apparently...haven't watched yet) looked like crap. I'll go with 1) it's preseason and 2) there's always the possibility of an off week.

All I can say is, last week they had 6 sacks and beat GB. This week they (apparently...haven't watched yet) looked like crap. I'll go with 1) it's preseason and 2) there's always the possibility of an off week.
Not sure if he included guys who were out (Pouncey/Timmons) but Kaboly tweeted that the starting 11 on offense played an average of 7.2 snaps (of 59) as did the defense (of 79 snaps). So, it seems as if most of the game was played by backups while the Bills played most of their starters into the 3rd.

If we have 3 CBs that are better then Tim Jennings I will eat my hat.

He may have had knee surgery (a simple clean-out) and be 31... but the issue seemed to be he is a good zone fit and not a man-to-man press CB.

He then resisted a move to the slot. After he started the first two Bears preseason games and now has been cut. He was also 5.25 million ea. year for 3 more years.

BigSteelThrill said:

He may have had knee surgery (a simple clean-out) and be 31... but the issue seemed to be he is a good zone fit and not a man-to-man press CB.

He then resisted a move to the slot. After he started the first two Bears preseason games and now has been cut. He was also 5.25 million ea. year for 3 more years.
Gay and Boykin are better. If Allen can regain form he is better. Blake might be better. Hell, Fogg might be better.

BigSteelThrill said:

Gay and Boykin are better. If Allen can regain form he is better. Blake might be better. Hell, Fogg might be better.
:censored:

nm then. lol. :unsure:

Article from Dulac says Steelers knew about Bryant's transgressions and may have drafted Coates in anticipation.

The Steelers were aware of Bryant’s failed drug tests and possibility of a four-game suspension at least as far back as the spring. That’s why they drafted wide receiver Sammie Coates in the third round in April, according to a team source — to have insurance in case Bryant had another violation.

Article from Dulac says Steelers knew about Bryant's transgressions and may have drafted Coates in anticipation.

The Steelers were aware of Bryant’s failed drug tests and possibility of a four-game suspension at least as far back as the spring. That’s why they drafted wide receiver Sammie Coates in the third round in April, according to a team source — to have insurance in case Bryant had another violation.
Dale Lolley says neither the team or Bryant will comment about the suspension and possible appeal until after the league announces it. At this point Bryant still has not been officially suspended although it appears to be just a matter of time.

Fernando Velasco was waived by Tenn. No idea if the Steelers will have any interest but he did play for Munchak.

I had heard Hartley was just supposed to be out one week. Was it more and the injury worse than thought? They couldn't sign someone for a week or two, then have Hartley come back? I don't like trading yet another draft pick.

He is a solid upgrade from Hartley. Hate giving up a draft pick for a kicker but desperate times call for desperate measures

Not a fan of trading a pick for a kicker since that's equivalent to drafting a kicker. Add to that his salary will take a hit on the cap.

It's like drafting a player while knowing you are going to release him after one year. Who does that????

I guess we'll need to see what pick they gave up but it does appear to be a costly transaction in terms of salary cap alone. On the other hand if a waiver wire kicker would miss a game winning FG then fans would be saying the Steelers are cheap.

I guess we'll need to see what pick they gave up but it does appear to be a costly transaction in terms of salary cap alone. On the other hand if a waiver wire kicker would miss a game winning FG then fans would be saying the Steelers are cheap.
7th is the speculation, which is about as much throwaway pick as there could be...especially if they win the Sup, uh, big game.

7th is the speculation, which is about as much throwaway pick as there could be...especially if they win the Sup, uh, big game.
Yeah a 7th round pick is not a big deal at all IMO

(Wexell)

Lot of coin...

If the Jaguars don't pick up part of the contract, or if the Steelers don't renegotiate the contract, the Steelers will be paying $7.14 million for kickers this year since Suisham had just signed a four-year extension this offseason.

Instant upgrade to kick coverage? :D

Scobee is a strong-legged kicker who forced 65 percent of his kickoffs to be touched back in or out of the end zone. Suisham caused touchbacks on only 37 percent of his kickoffs last season.

ETA: they say the contract is being reworked.

There have been many years where Scobee was the best player on the Jags. He's uber reliable, though who can predict how he will handle the swirling winds of Heinz field.

There have been many years where Scobee was the best player on the Jags. He's uber reliable, though who can predict how he will handle the swirling winds of Heinz field.
I was curious about this, so I actually pulled the game logs.

He's 4/4 with a long of 46 at Pittsburgh for his career.

Are the swirling winds of Heinz still as swirling?

(stadium renovation)

Phil Taylor (Browns) in for a visit. That wouldn't be bad. Would rather pick up a DE but they do need some depth all along the line, and if they're doing some 4-3 stuff every now and then he'd be alright.

Phil Taylor (Browns) in for a visit. That wouldn't be bad. Would rather pick up a DE but they do need some depth all along the line, and if they're doing some 4-3 stuff every now and then he'd be alright.
Wouldn't he slot in perfectly at NT?

Wouldn't he slot in perfectly at NT?
Yes, absolutely. Which could give McClendon some flexibility. Maybe. Not sure how often they'll be using a NT, think last year it was about 30% of defensive snaps. Could be less this year. As for Taylor though, knee issues. Seeing tweets of "walks like a 70yo" and "playing like he's not healthy."

They closed up the open end of the field for club seating. Swirling wind days should be a thing of the past. Oughtta be pretty regular park, kicking-wise now.

They closed up the open end of the field for club seating. Swirling wind days should be a thing of the past. Oughtta be pretty regular park, kicking-wise now.
We'll have to see. The new seats are not as high as the rest of the stadium and the turf will likely still be an issue in late November thru January

Since the day Casey Hampton left I felt the Steelers ignored the most important position in the 3-4 defense: the nose tackle. Everything else is predicated on the man in the middle occupying space and blockers. The D has never been the same. Phil Taylor is exactly what this defensive unit needs. Can he cover, too?

Since the day Casey Hampton left I felt the Steelers ignored the most important position in the 3-4 defense: the nose tackle. Everything else is predicated on the man in the middle occupying space and blockers. The D has never been the same. Phil Taylor is exactly what this defensive unit needs. Can he cover, too?
He'd be terrible in the cover two. :mellow:

Well week 1 is looking worse and worse as apparently Brady is playing in Week 1. :kicksrock:
As soon as Brady took the case to court there was zero chance he wasn't going to play in week 1. The way our defense has looked I don't think it matters anyway.

Maybe Harrison can get to him and knock him out for 4 games. I think I'd almost rather see that than the Steelers win.

Users who are viewing this thread