What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

10 Man Keeper League question (1 Viewer)

HugeDitka77

Footballguy
I think I have an idea this is an easy one, but I just wanna double check.

Im in a 10 Man Yahoo League first year keeper. So, there is no penalty this year. Selected keepers can be from the same round as drafted last year. Draft order is in the reverse order of standings from last year also.
I am picking 10th. Keeping CMC for my first round pick seems like a no brainer to get him at 10. But for the second keeper, Hall as my 5th round pick seems too good to pass up. I could go receiver at 11 (and even possibly end up with ArSB again) knowing that I have 2 top 5 RB1s locked in.

Starting lineup is standard QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, WR/RB/TE, K, DEF with 7 Bench spots

That’s where I'm leaning, what do y'all think?

Here is my final roster with their round drafted and their final Offensive rank.

CMC 1st, 1
Amon-Ra St Brown 2nd, 8
Calvin Ridley 3rd, 81
Breece Hall 5th, 4
Alvin Kamara, 8th, 53
Jordan Addison 10th, 91
Devin Singletary, -, 98
Jaxon SN, 11th 108
Geno Smith, -, 134
Antonio Gibson, - 135
Demarcus Robinson, -, 193
Harrison Butker, -, 200
Tucker Kraft, - 211
Chicago, -, 207

Thank you ahead of time, Love the content in the forum.

🏉🏉🏉

Kris

So if I am understanding this correctly you get to keep 2 players. The thread title makes it seem like you get to keep 10 players but then you along discuss two so I assume the title means it's a 10 team league that allows keepers and you can keep up to 2 players.

Based on that assumption and with you having the 10th pick, CMC is for sure one of the players you should keep. Now for this few keepers I generally just keep the best players but since you will be losing your 1st and 2nd round picks depending on who you keep I may alter that a bit to give you some draft flexibility.

Here is the question posed to you: Who would you rather have Hall or ARSB? My guess is the only way you get them is to keep one of them as neither will make it to pick #11. For me I would keep Hall because I think there are more WR options out there than stud RB options. That swings it to Hall for me. But that means I will miss out on ARSB. I am fine with that. You may feel differently.

100% CMC and Hall. You only have to start 7 and you want studs in this league. You need every single position to smash. CMC and Hall can be the best RB duo giving you an advantage over everyone else in the league and the fact Hall only counts as a 5th rounder is even better.

So if I am understanding this correctly you get to keep 2 players. The thread title makes it seem like you get to keep 10 players but then you along discuss two so I assume the title means it's a 10 team league that allows keepers and you can keep up to 2 players.

Based on that assumption and with you having the 10th pick, CMC is for sure one of the players you should keep. Now for this few keepers I generally just keep the best players but since you will be losing your 1st and 2nd round picks depending on who you keep I may alter that a bit to give you some draft flexibility.

Here is the question posed to you: Who would you rather have Hall or ARSB? My guess is the only way you get them is to keep one of them as neither will make it to pick #11. For me I would keep Hall because I think there are more WR options out there than stud RB options. That swings it to Hall for me. But that means I will miss out on ARSB. I am fine with that. You may feel differently.
I'm with you in that there are more WR options and less stud/bellcow RBs. I can't pass up the pairing of CMC and Hall, especially getting Hall at a 4 round discount.

I touched on this above - in these small 10 man leagues where you only have 7 starting spots (not including K/DST) you need guys that smash and are difference makers. Basically there are only 70 starters (10 teams x 7 spots). That is only a 7 round draft.

Right now go look at rounds 8 and 9 and see who is available. It goes to show how important hitting on studs and play makers is. You need to find an advantage over your league mates. CMC and Hall stack at RB is a big advantage.

In this scenario you can take the best WR available with your 2nd round pick.

with your 2nd, 3rd, and 4th round picks.
Yep, this is tough to plan though as a top 3-5 ELITE QB can also be a difference maker. After the elite QBs it doesn't really matter in a 10 teamer as you could even stream it.

Same with TEs. Kelce would actually be a great addition to this team as hes still their #1 target in KC and a big difference maker. He also doesn't cost a 1st or 2nd rounder anymore. Can be a difference maker in the 3rd or 4th depending how the picks go and if everyone is hyped on LaPorta.

with your 2nd, 3rd, and 4th round picks.
Yep, this is tough to plan though as a top 3-5 ELITE QB can also be a difference maker. After the elite QBs it doesn't really matter in a 10 teamer as you could even stream it.

Same with TEs. Kelce would actually be a great addition to this team as he's still their #1 target in KC and a big difference maker. He also doesn't cost a 1st or 2nd rounder anymore. Can be a difference maker in the 3rd or 4th depending how the picks go and if everyone is hyped on LaPorta.
Thank you for all of the replies.

I keep CMC and get him at pick 10 and I keep Hall and get him at pick 50.....LOVE THAT!

My gut was telling me I should go best available WR at 11. Then at 30 and 31 grab one of the running QBs, perhaps A Richardson or L Jackson if they are there and get the nest best available WR or a Stud TE who . Perhaps Anthony Richardson or Lamar Jackson and for the second pick next available WR or stud TE.

Appreciate y'all, and sorry for the thread title confusion.

My gut was telling me I should go best available WR at 11. Then at 30 and 31 grab one of the running QBs, perhaps A Richardson or L Jackson if they are there and get the nest best available WR or a Stud TE who . Perhaps Anthony Richardson or Lamar Jackson and for the second pick next available WR or stud TE.

Don't ever pre-plan a position going into a draft. Especially early in the draft. Drafts are living things and morph all the time. You may think a WR is best at pick 11 but something may happen where Bijan falls all the way there due to something and then he is the best pick there.

My original statement about taking WR in 2, 3, 4 was more that it frees you up to not get hurt by doing that if those picks warrant taking a WR based on who falls to those picks.

The best way to approach this is to create a combined draft board ranking all positions together. Then just take the highest guy on your board when your pick is on the clock - regardless of position. Don't force positions - especially early.

Don't ever pre-plan a position going into a draft. Especially early in the draft. Drafts are living things and morph all the time. You may think a WR is best at pick 11 but something may happen where Bijan falls all the way there due to something and then he is the best pick there.

My original statement about taking WR in 2, 3, 4 was more that it frees you up to not get hurt by doing that if those picks warrant taking a WR based on who falls to those picks.

The best way to approach this is to create a combined draft board ranking all positions together. Then just take the highest guy on your board when your pick is on the clock - regardless of position. Don't force positions - especially early.

Yes, good advice you are right....Don't wanna paint myself into a corner when it doesn't go my one desired way.

Users who are viewing this thread