What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

16 Team Leagues and Team QB (1 Viewer)

Toomuchnv

Footballguy
Our 12 team league this year is expanding to 16 teams. Our rules committee is considering going the way of Team QB and making it so every team must have 2 and only 2 team qb's on their roster at all times. Part of the argument for it is to prevent teams from using the strategy of piling up a bunch of qb's so their opponent won't have a full starting lineup when they play. We want every game to be competitive with both teams having full starting lineups. By using team qb it also eliminates the injury factor...so what are the negatives...would love to hear more perspective on it...or if any large leagues(16 or more) have tried it.

Thanks

As thin as talent is in 16 team leagues, can't imagine it's a successful strategy to overdraft 2nd tier QBs. The team that does that simply won't be competitive. It has never happened in my 16 team, 3 keeper league.

If you follow your logic, you might as well have team running backs. Same arguments you made for QBs relates to them.

Guess that I'm saying I wouldn't change the rules at all

As thin as talent is in 16 team leagues, can't imagine it's a successful strategy to overdraft 2nd tier QBs. The team that does that simply won't be competitive. It has never happened in my 16 team, 3 keeper league.If you follow your logic, you might as well have team running backs. Same arguments you made for QBs relates to them. Guess that I'm saying I wouldn't change the rules at all
I don't see how the same argument relates to team rb's vs. team qb's....look at 95% of boxscores out there...how many qb's played in the game vs. rb's? Most of the time only 1 qb for each team sees the field while 2-3 rb's see the field.

We don't use Team QB in our 16-team league. But we do cap the roster limit at 16 total players (requirement for 9 starters). In this way, we both prevent team owners from trying to horde certain positions as well as improve the free agent talent pool. The latter really thins out in a larger league, but that turns out to be one of the competitive benefits. The players in your league will have to do a little deeper research.

Team QB works just fine - don't worry about the naysayers - they barely change their shorts much less rules for their league.

I would suggest that if your league has regular transaction fees (like for FA or trades) then you can add to the pot when for instance someone with MIN QB has to change from McNabb to Ponder they are charged a fee. Also it should be clear that if both (or three) quarterbacks play for a team, you ONLY get the points from the one who scores the most not the sum of all of them.

Team QB works just fine - don't worry about the naysayers - they barely change their shorts much less rules for their league.I would suggest that if your league has regular transaction fees (like for FA or trades) then you can add to the pot when for instance someone with MIN QB has to change from McNabb to Ponder they are charged a fee. Also it should be clear that if both (or three) quarterbacks play for a team, you ONLY get the points from the one who scores the most not the sum of all of them.
Is there a league host that can score Team QB in that way? We have been using MFL...

Users who are viewing this thread