What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2008 Footballguys Magazine (1 Viewer)

I've been a subscriber to this site since it went from free to pay, but don't plan on subscribing this year. I've never bought the magazine before, but it provides a nice alternative way to support the site, message board and it's web pages. Additional access throughout August to the training camp, updated cheetsheets and top 200 seal the deal for buying it online now. The sample pages look great. I'm looking forward to receiving what I'm sure will be a quality product.
If I was only buying one I'd subscribe to the website over the magazine, but that's just me.

I've been a subscriber to this site since it went from free to pay, but don't plan on subscribing this year. I've never bought the magazine before, but it provides a nice alternative way to support the site, message board and it's web pages. Additional access throughout August to the training camp, updated cheetsheets and top 200 seal the deal for buying it online now. The sample pages look great. I'm looking forward to receiving what I'm sure will be a quality product.
I'm in the same boat as you. I'm not a subscriber of this website and don't ever intend to be (my philosophy on the internet as a whole is why pay for one site when they are a number of other sites that do more or less the same thing for free). However, I would like something in a hard copy that I can read on the way to work, on the can and even use on draft day. Will put in an international order this week.

Me at the mailbox waiting for golden ticket: :thumbup:

Glad I spied this early this time (sent my order in too late for a chance at the golden ticket last year :thumbup:

-QG

I'm in the same boat as you. I'm not a subscriber of this website and don't ever intend to be (my philosophy on the internet as a whole is why pay for one site when they are a number of other sites that do more or less the same thing for free). However, I would like something in a hard copy that I can read on the way to work, on the can and even use on draft day. Will put in an international order this week.
I like the online subs. for the Draft Dominator.

Do the international's also have the buy two option?
Sorry we can't offer it as international postage is based on weight and location (and not how much you can stuff into the envelope). We lose money on international orders now so if we discounted the price for a second magazine, we actually would just lose more money. We continue to offer international orders (despite losing money) because many of these international orders are to people in the armed services or our neighbors in Canada (and our Publisher does not distribute widely in Canada).
Since I do a lot of shipping myself, any thoughts on sending domestic orders by media mail instead of Priority? It's great to get the magazine sooner, but it's a difference of almost $3 which you could have passed on to us and made a bit more yourself. For international (non-Canada) orders the post office has a flat rate envelope for $11.95 which I imagine you could ship 3 or 4 magazines in. For Canada now that they raised rates the only method that makes sense is 1st class international that is just under $5.

I like the online subs. for the Draft Dominator.
I have both. The golden ticket is irresistable to me. The mag organizes some initial value plays and player info for the upcoming year plus the camp reports updates. The online content and updates to the Dominators are gold,whether you use them to not have to do all the work yourselfor to just check how "out there" your own projections/rankings/tiers are.I look forward to the enhancements to the Projection, Draft, and Lineup dominators every year.

What's the difference between this fantasy magazine and the others (which I have to admit are pretty horrible)?
I am highly biased, but I think we know what we are doing (and also know what people want in a magazine). Our magazine is a whopping 228 pages (about 50-80 pages over most of the other magazines) and it uses a lot of these pages to discuss strategy. Other magazines seem to bypass strategy at all costs. Our website generated 50,000 pages of internet content and by tracking those articles / features that people liked best, we structured a magazine that does a decent job of hitting the high points regarding fantasy football.

Users who are viewing this thread