What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2010 (In Season) Dynasty Trades (2 Viewers)

FUBAR said:
cstu said:
JEWMAH9701 said:
12-Team PPRMarques ColstonDallas ClarkforMiles AustinKellen Winslow
Hard to believe the Austin owner would do that. One game and he bails on him?
Receiving one of the top 3 TEs and colston is "bailing"?
Winslow isn't that far behind Clark in dynasty and I don't think Clark is going to save the guy's season. In fact I'd be surprised if Colston/Clark outscore Austin/Winslow the rest of the way.

14 team non_PPR

gave up 2011 1st rounder, keiland williams and jake delhomme

got

Ladainian tomlinson and isaac redman

FUBAR said:
cstu said:
JEWMAH9701 said:
26 YO, Top 5 WR >>>> 31 YO Top 3 TEColston is having a bad season, and I don't know that I expect it to change all that much. Colston is not a #1 WR in the NFL, talent wise. FF wise, he is quickly giving up his must start tag. The team getting Austin gets the best and youngest player in the deal. Easy win for him/her.

FUBAR said:
cstu said:
JEWMAH9701 said:
Winslow isn't that far behind Clark in dynasty and I don't think Clark is going to save the guy's season. In fact I'd be surprised if Colston/Clark outscore Austin/Winslow the rest of the way.
Winslow isn't far behind Clark in dynasty? You can't be serious. Winslow is four years younger but will most likely retire before Clark given Winslow's knee issues and surgeries. It's not even close actually. Clark by far.

Team A gets Brady, McFadden/Bush, Mathews/Tolbert,

team B gets Flacco, desean Jackson, BJGE, E. sanders, 2 2011 firsts

League 1 - 10 teams, no PPR -

Traded Jennings and Henne for Calvin Johnson last week

Traded Hillis and Harrison for Deangelo Williams yesterday

League 2 - 14 teams, no PPR -

Traded Ryan Torain for Percy Harvin tonight

League 1 - 10 teams, no PPR -Traded Jennings and Henne for Calvin Johnson last weekTraded Hillis and Harrison for Deangelo Williams yesterdayLeague 2 - 14 teams, no PPR - Traded Ryan Torain for Percy Harvin tonight
Where do you find these trade partners?Good trades for you. :loco:

League 1 - 10 teams, no PPR -Traded Jennings and Henne for Calvin Johnson last weekTraded Hillis and Harrison for Deangelo Williams yesterdayLeague 2 - 14 teams, no PPR - Traded Ryan Torain for Percy Harvin tonight
Where do you find these trade partners?Good trades for you. :goodposting:
Yahoo public leagues probably, or friends or family.
League 2 is MOXFFL VI, and I am partners with Couch Potato. The other owner approached us about Torain and CP countered with a nice sales pitch to the other owner, but I was still very surprised he took it.League 1 is a money league with friends. :shrug:

I think I just swung a pretty nice buy low deal with some of my redraft depth...

I give Hillis and Louis Murphy

I get T.O and S. Greene

12 team ppr - std scoring (no idp)

gave colston / 2011 3rd

got 2011 1st (est. 6-10, but who knows) / B Pettigrew TE DET

had colston as wr4 behind AJ/Calvin/Fitz, with knox/moore/etc. on the bench.

maybe sold low on colston, but got tired of the below average stat lines w/ the ball distribution in NO. hell, maybe lance moore (or henderson) outscores him the rest of the year.

Where do you find these trade partners?Good trades for you. :thumbup:
Yahoo public leagues probably, or friends or family.
League 2 is MOXFFL VI, and I am partners with Couch Potato. The other owner approached us about Torain and CP countered with a nice sales pitch to the other owner, but I was still very surprised he took it.League 1 is a money league with friends. :shrug:
As an owner in MOX VI, I'd LOVE to hear what CP's sales pitch was that sold an owner that it was worth dealing a top 20-25 WR for a backup RB. His sales pitches must be very effective on some owners. :mellow:

Traded Pierre Thomas/Vernon Davis/Matt Cassel/2011 2nd Round pick for Tony Romo/Crabtree.

12 team, 33-man roster PPR/IDP.

(I also own Finley and Aaron Hernandez).

I gave:2012 1stI got:Colston/ 2012 2nd rounder
anything unique about this league? Just seems a low price for Colston.
The Colston owner in my league traded him for Ryan Mathews during the preseason.
Owner B is flush with WR talent and he loves to acquire draft picks. I thought it was a nice deal but as is the case with draft picks a lot will depend on where that pick falls and who he gets with it.

12 team PPR, start 1 qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, 1 te, 1 flex.

I gave: A Foster, Harvin, 2011 #1 (likely late)

I got: Fitz

12 team ppr

Gave up best with 3 years, henne with 2 years

for

vick with 3 years and d will with 1 year

12 Team Dynasty. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 FLEX. 1 PPR, 5 pt bonus 300+ yds passing or 100+ rush/rec

Ben Roethlisberger

for

Sidney Rice, 2011 Rd 4

MOX8: 14 team, standard, q,r,r,w,w,fl,fl

I gave: Lance Moore

I got: Thomas Jones

I gave: Arian Foster, Mario Manningham

I got: Andre Johnson

I gave: Javon Ringer, James Davis

I got: Mike Tolbert, Early Ducet (Needed Tolbert to start for two weeks. He paid off)

12 team, PPR for WR/TE, 0.5PPR for RB, start 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, flex

Antonio Gates

for

Witten + Shonne Greene + 2 2011 3rd rounders

16 team h2h, no ppr , Dynasty

End of week 1.

I traded Roddy White, Tony Scheffler, Thomas Jones, Josh Morgan

for

LeSean McCoy, Demaryius Thomas, Jason Witten.

Was really happy after week 2. Havnt been quite as happy since though considering Thomas only had 1 good game, Witten has been ineffective and McCoy just busted his ribs. But I think I made the right choice for the future.

These all went down yesterday in my 16 team dynasty. Ones in bold involved me.

Thoughts please:

Gave Michael Bush

2011 1st (12-16)

Got Kenny Britt

2011 1st (1-4)

Gave

Jabar Gaffney

Mike Thomas

BJGE

Anthony Armstrong

Got

Jonathan Stewart

2011 2nd

Gave

Vince Young

Davone Bess

2011 4th

Got

Derek Anderson

Marques Colston

Gave

Justin Forsett

Got

CJ Spiller

These all went down yesterday in my 16 team dynasty. Ones in bold involved me.

Thoughts please:

Gave Michael Bush

2011 1st (12-16)

Got Kenny Britt

2011 1st (1-4)

Gave

Jabar Gaffney

Mike Thomas

BJGE

Anthony Armstrong

Got

Jonathan Stewart

2011 2nd

Gave

Vince Young

Davone Bess

2011 4th

Got

Derek Anderson

Marques Colston

Gave

Justin Forsett

Got

CJ Spiller
I like both of your trades, if the draft picks work out that way.The Colston owner got robbed, as did the Spiller owner. You don't give up on a talented rookie, 5 games into the season.

14 teams

Gave

RB Green-Ellis

2011 2nd (early to mid round)

2011 2nd (mid to late round)

Got

2011 1st (mid to late round)

gave - Matt Cassell, two late 2011 2nds (should be around picks #26-32), late 2011 3rd

got - Jay Cutler

12-Team PPR

Gave: Andre Johnson and Patrick Willis

Got: Ray Rice and Calvin Johnson

Gave: Brandon Jackson

Got: Paul Posluszny

Last edited by a moderator:
I gave my 2011 2nd, my 2012 2nd, my 2013 2nd and Malcom Floyd

I got Lynch

Background: 16 team dynasty IDP with salary/contract caps. We start 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 RB/WR/TE flex and 2 WR/TE flex. (So most teams try to start 2 RB/3 WR, I'm starting 2 RB and sometimes 1 WR/2 TE).

It's worth noting in the context of this trade that I have a very strong team and built for a championship run, and scoring/value is fairly heavily skewed towards RB/WR. The picks should be pretty late as I've got a good and fairly young team. In my case, I have always liked Lynch, but was also worried about my RB depth which has carried me so far. (And I can't pry Ringer away from that owner).

QB: Rodgers, Ryan with Kafka on my taxi squad

RB: CJ3, Hillis, Wells, D.Brown, B.Scott and now Lynch

WR/TE: Finley, Keller, Maclin, Driver, Santonio, Legedu, Benn, Sidney Rice, Jared Cook, Chambers with Aaron Hernandez on my taxi squad

DL: Allen, Tuck, Avril

LB: Timmons, Lofton, Harrison, Levy, Goff

DB: Yeremiah Bell, Finnegan

I gave my 2011 2nd, my 2012 2nd, my 2013 2nd and Malcom FloydI got LynchBackground: 16 team dynasty IDP with salary/contract caps. We start 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 RB/WR/TE flex and 2 WR/TE flex. (So most teams try to start 2 RB/3 WR, I'm starting 2 RB and sometimes 1 WR/2 TE).It's worth noting in the context of this trade that I have a very strong team and built for a championship run, and scoring/value is fairly heavily skewed towards RB/WR. The picks should be pretty late as I've got a good and fairly young team. In my case, I have always liked Lynch, but was also worried about my RB depth which has carried me so far. (And I can't pry Ringer away from that owner). QB: Rodgers, Ryan with Kafka on my taxi squadRB: CJ3, Hillis, Wells, D.Brown, B.Scott and now LynchWR/TE: Finley, Keller, Maclin, Driver, Santonio, Legedu, Benn, Sidney Rice, Jared Cook, Chambers with Aaron Hernandez on my taxi squadDL: Allen, Tuck, AvrilLB: Timmons, Lofton, Harrison, Levy, GoffDB: Yeremiah Bell, Finnegan
That is a lot to pay for a RB that will not start for you the vast majority of the time, but I am not someone who is very high on Marshawn Lynch. With that team I would much rather devote my resources at acquiring a standout wide receiver.As a side note, I think it is safe to release Jared Cook or Chris Chambers and get Aaron Hernandez on your active roster. No need to do it this week, obviously, so I am sure it is on your To Do List.Regards,THE FANTASY KING

12 team PPR, start 1 qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, 1 te, 1 flex.I gave: A Foster, Harvin, 2011 #1 (likely late)I got: Fitz
This is a brutal, brutal trade. You bought high on Fitz and sold low on Foster. I am almost at a loss for words.Regards,THE FANTASY KING
It's overpaying but I could see it helping a team. Fitz is a big improvement over Harvin both short and long term. If you've got 2 other top RBs and aren't hurting for depth, Foster can be moved. As valuable as he is right now, his value is volatile. Moving him for Fitz stabilizes the value.

This is a brutal, brutal trade. You bought high on Fitz and sold low on Foster. I am almost at a loss for words.Regards,

THE FANTASY KING
It's overpaying but I could see it helping a team. Fitz is a big improvement over Harvin both short and long term. If you've got 2 other top RBs and aren't hurting for depth, Foster can be moved. As valuable as he is right now, his value is volatile. Moving him for Fitz stabilizes the value.
This does not mean anything. Foster's "value" is that he's a reliable RB1. The word "volatile" just means that you have not accepted it yet and still consider Foster some kind of mirage because he does not have high pedigree. You, and apparently this poster, are wrong, and will eventually come to the same conclusion that most of us have.I have no idea what "stabilizing the value" has to do with anything. The most volatile player in this deal is Fitzgerald who's talent cannot save him from his terrible situation that is not likely to improve in the foreseeable future. I'm all for buying low on Fitzgerald because of his ability, but this buying very high. Trades should be made and players should be assessed looking forwards, not backwards.

Paying a team a top RB, a #1 draft pick, and a decent upside candidate in Harvin to take the nightmare that Fitzgerald has become off of their hands is a very bad decision.

Regards,

THE FANTASY KING

This is a brutal, brutal trade. You bought high on Fitz and sold low on Foster. I am almost at a loss for words.Regards,

THE FANTASY KING
This does not mean anything. Foster's "value" is that he's a reliable RB1. The word "volatile" just means that you have not accepted it yet and still consider Foster some kind of mirage because he does not have high pedigree. You, and apparently this poster, are wrong, and will eventually come to the same conclusion that most of us have.I have no idea what "stabilizing the value" has to do with anything. The most volatile player in this deal is Fitzgerald who's talent cannot save him from his terrible situation that is not likely to improve in the foreseeable future. I'm all for buying low on Fitzgerald because of his ability, but this buying very high. Trades should be made and players should be assessed looking forwards, not backwards.

Paying a team a top RB, a #1 draft pick, and a decent upside candidate in Harvin to take the nightmare that Fitzgerald has become off of their hands is a very bad decision.

Regards,

THE FANTASY KING
Depends on the team and the league.It's a start 2 rb, 2 wr, 1 flex - PPR

I'm definitely contending, and was seriously flush with RB (Had both AZ guys / NYG guys / and Oak guys, plus Foster and Ray Rice).

My WR's were AJ, Austin, and Harvin. Now they are AJ/Austin/Fitz. I like that a lot better moving forward in a PPR league. I won't suffer too much at RB with some combination of Bradshaw / Rice / Beanie starting, and the Oak guys on the bench.

Adding Fitz (Fitz!) cost me a guy I got off waivers last year, Harvin, and my late 1. Despite Foster's performance over the first 4 games, with the team I had, I make this deal ten times out of ten, because I made my team better. I'm very confident Fitz will be fine.

THE FANTASY KING

Regards,

THE FANTASY KING
Depends on the team and the league.It's a start 2 rb, 2 wr, 1 flex - PPR

I'm definitely contending, and was seriously flush with RB (Had both AZ guys / NYG guys / and Oak guys, plus Foster and Ray Rice).

My WR's were AJ, Austin, and Harvin. Now they are AJ/Austin/Fitz. I like that a lot better moving forward in a PPR league. I won't suffer too much at RB with some combination of Bradshaw / Rice / Beanie starting, and the Oak guys on the bench.

Adding Fitz (Fitz!) cost me a guy I got off waivers last year, Harvin, and my late 1. Despite Foster's performance over the first 4 games, with the team I had, I make this deal ten times out of ten, because I made my team better. I'm very confident Fitz will be fine.
Good example here of making trades while looking backwards. It is irrelevant how you got Foster, it has absolutely nothing to do with how many points he scores and what he is worth on the trade market in your league.Foster is not a guy you got off waivers - he is a top, elite RB1, and you added assets to him in order to buy a WR who's stock has taken an absolute nosedirve and is not even a must-start right now.

Everything else you wrote is just excuses for making a bad trade.

It doesn not matter that you have good depth - you still should have gotten more for Foster or traded one of the other RB's.

It doesn not matter if you think Fitz will rebound - you still traded way too much to get him.

It does not matter what your WR's were - you still should have gotten value in your trade.

You may think your team is better now, and I disagree, but either way, it could have been even better if you had not made a terrible trade. All of the justifications around it are just that - justifications.

Good luck with the rest of your run this year, I hope you do well despite this trade. Take this as a learning opportunity.

Regards,

THE FANTASY KING

This does not mean anything. Foster's "value" is that he's a reliable RB1. The word "volatile" just means that you have not accepted it yet and still consider Foster some kind of mirage because he does not have high pedigree. You, and apparently this poster, are wrong, and will eventually come to the same conclusion that most of us have.I have no idea what "stabilizing the value" has to do with anything. The most volatile player in this deal is Fitzgerald who's talent cannot save him from his terrible situation that is not likely to improve in the foreseeable future. I'm all for buying low on Fitzgerald because of his ability, but this buying very high. Trades should be made and players should be assessed looking forwards, not backwards.Paying a team a top RB, a #1 draft pick, and a decent upside candidate in Harvin to take the nightmare that Fitzgerald has become off of their hands is a very bad decision.Regards,THE FANTASY KING
Not trying to play thread police or anything, but personally, I was hoping this thread would continue to be more of a "here are the trades that went down", and not "here's why you screwed up all your trades that went down". I can understand asking for clarification about things like scoring system, roster sizes, lineup requirements, or even asking for further insight into either party's motivation for making the trade in question, but personally I don't think this is the right place to be spending 3+ posts telling someone how terrible their trade was. This isn't really a "rate my trade" kind of thread, it's a thread designed to give people a good idea of current market value in dynasty leagues (whether you agree with that market value or not).Now, with that said, and to be a complete hypocrite... I would have done that trade, too, provided I had the RB depth to absorb the loss of Foster. Arian Foster is a very good RB in a great situation. Larry Fitzgerald is a future first-ballot Hall of Famer in his prime.

This does not mean anything. Foster's "value" is that he's a reliable RB1. The word "volatile" just means that you have not accepted it yet and still consider Foster some kind of mirage because he does not have high pedigree. You, and apparently this poster, are wrong, and will eventually come to the same conclusion that most of us have.I have no idea what "stabilizing the value" has to do with anything. The most volatile player in this deal is Fitzgerald who's talent cannot save him from his terrible situation that is not likely to improve in the foreseeable future. I'm all for buying low on Fitzgerald because of his ability, but this buying very high. Trades should be made and players should be assessed looking forwards, not backwards.Paying a team a top RB, a #1 draft pick, and a decent upside candidate in Harvin to take the nightmare that Fitzgerald has become off of their hands is a very bad decision.Regards,THE FANTASY KING
Not trying to play thread police or anything, but personally, I was hoping this thread would continue to be more of a "here are the trades that went down", and not "here's why you screwed up all your trades that went down". I can understand asking for clarification about things like scoring system, roster sizes, lineup requirements, or even asking for further insight into either party's motivation for making the trade in question, but personally I don't think this is the right place to be spending 3+ posts telling someone how terrible their trade was. This isn't really a "rate my trade" kind of thread, it's a thread designed to give people a good idea of current market value in dynasty leagues (whether you agree with that market value or not).Now, with that said, and to be a complete hypocrite... I would have done that trade, too, provided I had the RB depth to absorb the loss of Foster. Arian Foster is a very good RB in a great situation. Larry Fitzgerald is a future first-ballot Hall of Famer in his prime.
I am sorry I am not using the thread as you hoped. Unfortunately, I disagree and think that discussing trades is very valuable.As for the HOF talk, I do not find that particularly relevant. We are all aware of Fitzgerald's ability, but obviously that ability is not enough to overcome his situation, which is unlikely to change soon as it is not easy in the NFL to easily reboot your QB situation. Foster is not just helped by his situation, he is perfect for his situation. If you're okay giving up stud RB production over the short-term to sit on a guy for 1-2 years because he is going to be in Canton, that is fine, but I think you are hurting your chances at winning a lot of fantasy games.Regards,THE FANTASY KING

PPR dynasty, 6 pts all tds, standard yardage

Traded my Andre Johnson for Jahvid Best. I'm 0-4 because of my backfield so I decided to go for the future.

Did I give up Andre for too little?

Users who are viewing this thread