What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2011 MLB Amateur Draft (1 Viewer)

Thoughts on Josh Bell in the 2nd to the Pirates?
Depends if he signs or not :shrug:
He was considered a mid round 1st based on talent alone. But it seems like he is going to Texas. Not sure what the Pirates will have to offer.
Bell's price is $6.5 million to keep him from going to Texas - I really doubt the Pirates put that on the table
I know this type of gamble didn't work with Schepps (sp?) a few tears ago, but it did with Alie last year, although I don't think he sebtca letter out saying not to draft him. I think they didn't sign Schepps due to injury concerns. I hope they felt the situation out a bit overnight before drafting him. I kind if think the letter was a ploy by Boras to up the price. Why have him as "advisor" prior to attending college if ge doesn't intend to sign (if money us right)? I think pirates spend 9-11m on 1st two rounds alone. They have been breaking draft pay records these last few years.

Users who are viewing this thread