What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

>>>2012 World Series Thread: Tigers v Giants<<&#60 (1 Viewer)

Who wins?

• Total voters
Funny seeing Crosseyes back there in the stands behind the plate with his fluorescent John 3:16 sign, and security trying to deal. Might've been the most exciting part!

Hats off to the Giants... :thumbup: The better team won..how can you hate on a team like the Giants?? They just play good solid baseball with good defense and timely hitting.

Tigers have some holes but will be better next year. Not so sure the road to the series will be as easy as this year though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hats off to the Giants... :thumbup: The better team won..how can you hate on a team like the Giants?? They just play good solid baseball with good defense and timely hitting.Tigers have some holes but will be better next year. Not so sure the road to the series will be as easy as this year though.
:thumbup:I especially liked that they left Cabrera off the postseason roster

Last edited by a moderator:
I was really banking on some good baseball watching while I'm frankenstormed in, ugh. Damn Tigers.

Hats off to the Giants... :thumbup: The better team won..how can you hate on a team like the Giants?? They just play good solid baseball with good defense and timely hitting.Tigers have some holes but will be better next year. Not so sure the road to the series will be as easy as this year though.
Does that mean he won't get a ring?! :excited:

Does that mean he won't get a ring?! :excited:
Considering Rasmus got a ring from the Cardinals last year, I doubt it.

Part of me wishes the Tigers gave a better performance and made things interesting, but am still happy the Giants won. That said, the Tigers are a scary team. The starting pitching is excellent, and with Jackson, Cabrerea, and Fielder at the top of the lineup, they are dangerous. I know the Reds and Cards could put up runs, but I seriously chewed my fingernails down to nothing when Cabrera and Fielder were up. It wouldn't surprise me to see the Tigers back in the WS next year.As for the Giants play, I usually don't think baseball managers play a major role in the games, but I feel different about Bochy. He manages the baserunners to manufactures runs, and seems to make pitching changes at all the perfect times.

Congrats to Giants' fans.

I was rooting for Detroit, but SF was simply better when it mattered, both against StL and Det. Still an amazing run of 7 games in a row and would have never expected that from that team. Dominant pitching, clutch hitting, and good fielding is how you get it done.

'jon_mx said:
Snuck a fast-ball in for the final strike....pretty sneaky. :thumbdown:
I was just talking to the former baseball coach here at my DIII university ...he says the batter always has be looking for fastball in that 2-strike situation and then adjust as needed if it's not a FB. Strange for Cabrera to end his season with 2 K's.--

Congrats to SF ...clutch pitching, some key hits, and solid fielding. It would have been fun to enjoy their performance if I wasn't rooting for my Tigers.

100 days until pitchers and catchers report ..

In sweeping the Detroit Tigers, the Giants threw two shutouts and yielded a 1.46 ERA, giving up 20 hits in 37 innings. The starting rotation allowed one run in the first three games, a World Series feat last accomplished by an NL team in 1905 by the New York Giants, who were led by Christy Mathewson's two shutouts.

Crazy, just crazy how the Giant's manhandled the tigers

Users who are viewing this thread