What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2013 Anarchy League 4 Thread (1 Viewer)

Anarchy99

Footballguy
Welcome to the 2013 Anarchy League 4 thread. Here is the MFL League Site: http://www6.myfantasyleague.com/2013/home/18119

I have set the draft to start today at Noon Eastern. The pick clock is off for now. If that is problematic, let me know.

Passwords should be the same as last season. Geewill, Grigs Almoon, and Monsters of the Midway use Anarchy4 as passwords for now.

Here is the randomly selected draft order . . .

1.01 geewill

1.02 ThaDude

1.03 quartz

1.04 LongBallLarry

1.05 BroncoFreak 2K3

1.06 Grigs Almoon

1.07 FF Ninja

1.08 Scotty Dog

1.09 ItsOnlyTheRiver

1.10 Montana grizzly bears

1.11 jhexel

1.12 Snellman

1.13 Hawklets90

1.14 Donsmith753

1.15 Dehaven123

1.16 Monsters of the Midway

Good luck, and good drafting . . .

Sorry guys, I had no clue this had started. I can't remember my login from last year. If anyone can login as commish, please reset my password and/or draft Gronk for me.

The issue was there was no email stored for FF Ninja, so therefore you can't get a password. I reset the password to Anarchy4.

Very surprised I had this many QB options with these rules (Comments Added Tue Jul 16 9:05:27 p.m. CT 2013)
Why? What rules make you think QBs are anymore valuable than other positions? Just curious...

Very surprised I had this many QB options with these rules (Comments Added Tue Jul 16 9:05:27 p.m. CT 2013)
Why? What rules make you think QBs are anymore valuable than other positions? Just curious...
Because we have to start two.
True but everyone is guaranteed two. There's only one way to 100% guarantee you get points out of your last 2 picks. I think people are reaching for QBs.

ItsOnlytheRiver said:
geewill said:
True but everyone is guaranteed two. There's only one way to 100% guarantee you get points out of your last 2 picks. I think people are reaching for QBs.
Take two def?

ItsOnlytheRiver said:
geewill said:
I agree and disagree. Yes, you would get a TMQB that will not score 0 points in the last round if you wanted. But that TMQB could get you 150 points on the season, which conceivably would be 300 less than the top scoring TMQBs. The issue, of course, is that the early round TMQB could underperform and kill you. Or you could hit on later round TMQBs that really exceed expectations. Couple that with position scarcity at other positions and missing out on top scorers at other spots, and teams taking QBs could miss out even if that 300 point scoring differential is tempting.

ItsOnlytheRiver said:
geewill said:
I agree and disagree. Yes, you would get a TMQB that will not score 0 points in the last round if you wanted. But that TMQB could get you 150 points on the season, which conceivably would be 300 less than the top scoring TMQBs. The issue, of course, is that the early round TMQB could underperform and kill you. Or you could hit on later round TMQBs that really exceed expectations. Couple that with position scarcity at other positions and missing out on top scorers at other spots, and teams taking QBs could miss out even if that 300 point scoring differential is tempting.
Exactly. I just think start 4 RB in a 16 team league is much more important to fill than start 2 QB where everyone is guaranteed 2.

ItsOnlytheRiver said:
geewill said:
Exactly. I just think start 4 RB in a 16 team league is much more important to fill than start 2 QB where everyone is guaranteed 2.
It all depends on how confident you are that you can get a couple RBs late that will at least see a few series per game.

ItsOnlytheRiver said:
geewill said:
It all depends on how confident you are that you can get a couple RBs late that will at least see a few series per game.
You act like such a skill is all that's required. There are 16 of us needing 4 RBs. There just aren't enough to go around. Gotta get lucky with a Moreno type of pick.

ItsOnlytheRiver said:
geewill said:
You act like such a skill is all that's required. There are 16 of us needing 4 RBs. There just aren't enough to go around. Gotta get lucky with a Moreno type of pick.
You can also "win" these leagues with nothing at the RB position though.

The following group took 1st last year:

Mike Goodson

Joe McKnight

Daniel Thomas

Michael Turner

ItsOnlytheRiver said:
geewill said:
You can also "win" these leagues with nothing at the RB position though.

The following group took 1st last year:

Mike Goodson

Joe McKnight

Daniel Thomas

Michael Turner
Very true.

From my experience TE and Qb win these leagues. 1.5 per reception for TE is the power. And the 6 points per td and .4 per yard for QBs add up. Go look at the top scorers from year to year and see where all the points are. Yes you have a few wr's up there too but RB's tend to be clumped together down in the pack.

Anarchy99 said:
Any strategy can work or fail in these leagues.
1.09 9. Anarchy99 Broncos, Denver DEN TMQB Tue Jul 16 4:14:50 p.m. ET 2013I know, I know. You can't win taking TMQBs early, but I don't trust some of the other picks here.

;)
Most years I look good on paper and based on projections in the preseason. I generally start the season off at or near the top. And then at some point the injuries start to set in and I fade into the middle of the pack. The only other time I took a TMQB first I took NE . . . in 2008. So my season pretty much was over in the first quarter of the first game (especially since I loaded up on Pats players).

You really never know how any of these teams will do. If you hit big on a couple of late picks, teams that look pretty meh right now can end up winning, especially if some surprise NFL teams make the post-season.

What is up with the 3.15 and 3.16 guys only predrafting one pick each? This is brutal.

FYI, under "for owners" then "franchise setup" if you click on contact info, you can have it e-mail you when you are up or if you click on wireless you can have it text you when you are up. You can even have it e-mail/text you each draft pick, I believe.

What is up with the 3.15 and 3.16 guys only predrafting one pick each? This is brutal.

FYI, under "for owners" then "franchise setup" if you click on contact info, you can have it e-mail you when you are up or if you click on wireless you can have it text you when you are up. You can even have it e-mail/text you each draft pick, I believe.
I'll take a stab at the first part of your question.....

I currently sit in the 15 hole in Anarchy 1 and Anarchy 2....kinda sucks.....but one of the only nice things is that all I have to really worry about is the guy in the 16 hole.....I have zero control over what happens elsewhere and don't have to really worry about any type of strategy as far as looking at other rosters and seeing "what might be left at QB when it comes back to me if I pass here"....or whatever....

however, since picks are so far apart for us on the ends, we really need to make sure we get what we want when we are up.....so say I am sitting there and I really want Jerry Rice.....but if I don't get him I want Randy Moss....but then if neither of those guys are available I want Jerome Bettis which is guy at a different position....well, if I don't know what I will get with my first pick at the turn, I sure as heck won't know what I will get with my next pick....if I end up with Moss, I may go RB with my second pick, but if my first pick ends up being Bettis, then I may go WR with next pick.....predraft picks are nice in some situations, but you aren't able to cover all scenerios......if you know you are for sure going WR "no matter what" with both picks, it is a little easier....but as soon as you may have the possibility of crossing over positions, it really forces you to hold off on pre drafting that second pick....

no way would I ever predraft both picks if I am close to the turn unless I was 100% sure I was going for the same position with both picks.....

eta: to be quite honest, you are pretty lucky they even predrafted one of their picks.......

Last edited by a moderator:
From my experience TE and Qb win these leagues. 1.5 per reception for TE is the power. And the 6 points per td and .4 per yard for QBs add up. Go look at the top scorers from year to year and see where all the points are. Yes you have a few wr's up there too but RB's tend to be clumped together down in the pack.
I finished top 2 in scoring (I think) across all leagues by waiting the last two rounds to draft a QB (Weeden and Tannehill). :shrug:

I finished top 2 in scoring (I think) across all leagues by waiting the last two rounds to draft a QB (Weeden and Tannehill). :shrug:
IIRC, you had very few injuries last year and rarely had to take any zeroes. Had you had a player go on IR early or had a couple guys miss a few weeks, your QB scoring could easily have been a big issue.

I currently sit in the 15 hole in Anarchy 1 and Anarchy 2....kinda sucks.....but one of the only nice things is that all I have to really worry about is the guy in the 16 hole.....I have zero control over what happens elsewhere and don't have to really worry about any type of strategy as far as looking at other rosters and seeing "what might be left at QB when it comes back to me if I pass here"....or whatever....

however, since picks are so far apart for us on the ends, we really need to make sure we get what we want when we are up.....so say I am sitting there and I really want Jerry Rice.....but if I don't get him I want Randy Moss....but then if neither of those guys are available I want Jerome Bettis which is guy at a different position....well, if I don't know what I will get with my first pick at the turn, I sure as heck won't know what I will get with my next pick....if I end up with Moss, I may go RB with my second pick, but if my first pick ends up being Bettis, then I may go WR with next pick.....predraft picks are nice in some situations, but you aren't able to cover all scenerios......if you know you are for sure going WR "no matter what" with both picks, it is a little easier....but as soon as you may have the possibility of crossing over positions, it really forces you to hold off on pre drafting that second pick....

no way would I ever predraft both picks if I am close to the turn unless I was 100% sure I was going for the same position with both picks.....

eta: to be quite honest, you are pretty lucky they even predrafted one of their picks.......
Fair enough, I guess. I've been at the turn and find it is the easiest to manage even if you don't predraft because your picks are so close together. Unless the guy in front of you only checks the site once every 24 hours, which these guys appear to.

I get what you're talking about, though. Sometimes I would only predraft exactly two players. So if I missed the guys I wanted then I'd manually make a selection.

Fair enough, I guess. I've been at the turn and find it is the easiest to manage even if you don't predraft because your picks are so close together. Unless the guy in front of you only checks the site once every 24 hours, which these guys appear to.

I get what you're talking about, though. Sometimes I would only predraft exactly two players. So if I missed the guys I wanted then I'd manually make a selection.
3hrs/48min

hello pot, meet kettle

I may have inadvertently messed up the league roster / teams / passwords / emails as I was cutting and pasting information for one of the other leagues, so please double check that everything is ok.

3hrs/48min

hello pot, meet kettle
Ninja could not log in for the first day iirc because he forgot his pw and he didn't get the reset emails

3hrs/48min

hello pot, meet kettle
Ninja could not log in for the first day iirc because he forgot his pw and he didn't get the reset emails
but he's a ninja, and a ff ninja at that. just shimmy up to the roof of the ff HQ, repel down through a skylight, steal a password or whatever, done.

3hrs/48min

hello pot, meet kettle
but he's a ninja, and a ff ninja at that. just shimmy up to the roof of the ff HQ, repel down through a skylight, steal a password or whatever, done.
I thought about doing that when I realized I didn't have an e-mail address in the system, but I'm a lazy ninja, so I never got around to it. When I'm not locked out for 15+ hours to begin a draft, I'm very punctual:

PDSL

SSL

Thought there was a 5 hr time limit in these drafts?
Technically it was supposed to be a 4 hour time limit, but I did not turn the timer on. Your league is light years ahead of others, so clearly the draft has not been delayed too much. I will email ScottyDog.

I can't believe no one is over the 4 hour threshold per pick (yet)...this has been painful thus far.

I can't believe no one is over the 4 hour threshold per pick (yet)...this has been painful thus far.
You guys are in Round 12, which is way farther along then any of the other drafts. 3 of those are only in the 5th round. There are no football games for another month and a half.

You guys are in Round 12, which is way farther along then any of the other drafts. 3 of those are only in the 5th round. There are no football games for another month and a half.
I know what you are saying. However, I try to stay on the ball and make sure I'm not holding things up, so I check in very often. I'd like to just wrap it up, so I don't feel the nagging urge to check my phone every 5 minutes. I suspect that is the "pain" jhexel is referring to.

I know what you are saying. However, I try to stay on the ball and make sure I'm not holding things up, so I check in very often. I'd like to just wrap it up, so I don't feel the nagging urge to check my phone every 5 minutes. I suspect that is the "pain" jhexel is referring to.
You can enter your cell # on the MFL system to text you draft updates or let you know where you have to pick, if you were not already aware.

scottydog, the most interesting drafter in the world

i dont always join anarchy leagues in july,

but when i do i make sure im on the clock for 3hrs and 56min avg each pick.

dehaven123 said:
scottydog, the most interesting drafter in the world

i dont always join anarchy leagues in july,

but when i do i make sure im on the clock for 3hrs and 56min avg each pick.
LOL Gotta go get me a Dos Equis from the fridge on that one :)

Users who are viewing this thread