What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2015 FBG MBSL1 Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Come on folks, let get this done. Timer has been reduced to 2 hours. May go to an hour tomorrow to get this done.

Wow it snuck up on me...

Let me squeeze in Kai Forbath, K, WAS and Tennessee Titans DST for my last two picks...

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like we still need picks from:

OldMilwaukee - 16.15

HellToupee - 18.04

How long do they have? Since the Pitt/NE game has started, I say any of those players are now unavailable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guess I'll get the fun started ...

5.12 - Tom Brady, QB NE (QB9)
11.12 - Nick Foles, QB STL (QB27)

1.12 - C.J. Anderson, RB DEN (RB6)
4.06 - Andre Ellington, RB ARZ (RB21)
6.06 - Tevin Coleman, RB ATL (RB31)
12.06 - Christine Michael, RB DAL (RB56)
17.12 - Buck Allen, RB BAL (RB69)

2.06 - Randall Cobb, WR GB (WR8)
3.12 - Julian Edelman, WR NE (WR19)
8.06 - Michael Floyd, WR ARZ (WR48)
10.06 - Cody Latimer, WR DEN (WR59)
14.06 - Leonard Hankerson, WR ATL (WR73)
15.12 - Andrew Hawkins, WR CLE (WR77)

7.12 - Kyle Rudolph, TE MIN (TE12)
9.12 - Jordan Reed, TE WAS (TE19)

13.12 - Mason Crosby, K GB (K7)
16.06 - Panthers, DST CAR (D17)
18.06 - Chargers, DST SD (D28)

QB: Welp, I'd rather be lucky than good - where "lucky" means reaching for Brady in the 5th round sixteen hours before his 4-game suspension gets vacated. I'm confident that if Brady plays 16 he'll finish top 5. Foles is a more-than-competent backup when healthy and, really, I only need him to last through Week 4 anyway. Same combo I got in PDSL1, but three rounds later in aggregate. A

RB: Really wanted to try a zero-RB dumpster diving approach, but chickened out when DT went the pick before mine. CJ should be the main man for the Broncos, rumors of whose offensive decline are greatly exaggerated. Ellington finished RB19 last year in only 12 games - sharing the backfield with the two Johnsons caps his upside but should help keep him healthy. I've thought for a month now that Coleman would be the guy to own in Atlanta and it seems folks are coming around. Michael and Allen are high-upside dart throws drafted with an eye towards December. B-

WR: I get why the WRs who went ahead of him did ... but with Nelson gone, would anyone really be surprised if Cobb finishes WR1 this year? A full season of Brady makes Edelman a relative bargain as well at WR19. After that it's straight WR3 by committee, three guys with a history of frustrating owners and one Baby Hawk in a fantasy wasteland. As long as two of these four get some decent looks I'll be fine here. B-

TE: I'm hanging my hat on one of these uber-talents winning the Fred Taylor "always injured until they're not" award this season. We all know there aren't 16 true TE1s in this league - so give me guys who have a shot at being top-5 performers over guaranteed mediocrities. A or D, I just don't know which yet

ST: Same formula I always use in the 18-man survivors: one top-end kicker and whatever two defenses fall to me in the late rounds. C

Overall: I rolled with the "high talent, high risk" philosophy in MBSL last year and ... flamed out in Week 3. If Brady hadn't wound up coming back for Week 1 (and throwing 4 TDs, woo-hoo) I'd be leery of history repeating itself. As it is, I want to like this team as I don't think there's real weakness at any position, but I don't feel like it's well-equipped to survive the inevitable first wave of injuries.

Mediocrity Week 1 led to my boot. A lot of 9-14 pt scores, poor QB drafting and play, and a pair of week DST performances did me in. Good luck the rest of the way.

Users who are viewing this thread