What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2016 Anarchy League 2 Thread (1 Viewer)

These leagues make me worry about so much more than a normal draft: Do I have the right amount of players at the proper positions? I better hurry/predraft so I don't hold up the draft. Kickers? I only have two leagues with kickers, I know nothing about kickers. Better take the obvious kickers before anyone else does. Are fewer "guaranteed" points better than the upside? Do I try and bump up playoff guys? How much do I bump them up? Dammmmmit. Am I on the clock again?

Pretty sure I always wind up drafting either left or right of the middle in this League.  Went back and looked. Working backwards: 7, 6, 10, 10, 7, 8, 15, 10, 12, 7, 10, 1...

...essence of mediocrity, and so have been most of my finishes, along with some crappy ones and an occasional bright spot mixed in. Well, the last couple years I've done pretty well (4th in '15, 2nd in '14), but it's certainly not due to getting any kind of hang of it - I'm really not sure if there is any 'hang of it' to get...but something went right. We'll see if I can find that old black magic again in '16. Although I got off to what I felt was a great start, my insistence to not get caught up in the early TE run, with the idea of scooping value elsewhere eventually wound up making TE a mental roadblock that I just couldn't continue to punt - even though I might have been better off doing so...TE wasn't a major factor for me in '14 or '15 (I only had 2 on each Team: Gates(drafted 4th Rd, finished TE5) & M.Lewis(7th/TE45) and L.Green(8th/TE24) & Tamme(11th/TE15)), so who knows...but it's looking like a 3-player pile of crap on this one.

1.07: Allen Robinson (PSU!) - Well, there's the obvious...and if that wasn't enough, there's the nickname - what 's not to like about 'AR-15'?!! I'm not that worried about any regression. I mean, all things considered, Hopkins and Green could have their own issues, and of the 3, Robinson has the least drama/change of circumstance surrounding him, as well as what looks to me like the best QB, and a possible chance for extra games, so...

2.10: Keenan Allen - wowee-zowie, that was a pleasant surprise. Bookend, Dan-O! Nice to have a pick I didn't even have to think about. Slim to no chance at Playoff Games, but sure is primed for an excellent 16-game set. I love everything about the Chargers passing game this year.

3.07: Donte Moncrief - Well, I suppose T.Y. or Cooks could have fallen a little further, but I'll gladly take Moncrief as a WR3 in a 16-Teamer. I think He and Hilton are going to have remarkably similar stat lines at Season's end, and that he has a better TD upside than either Hilton or Cooks, so I just tried not to overthink it and grab what looked to be BPA. Colts have as good a chance to win the Division as ever. Interesting in the sense that I don't think it likely that 2 make it from the ASouth, but with Jax and Indy the most likely, I might have unintentionally mitigated a Playoff game out of at least 1 of my Top 3 picks. Unlikely scenario, they both get bonus stats.

4.10: Mark Ingram - Going 3WR had cost me at TmQB and TE, but yielded a nice reward for obeying one of the Cardinal Rules of waiting on RB. With no RB PPR, it becomes more about grabbing bell-cows or TD guys where you can find value, and I think I got a nice balance of both with Ingram. Just gotta get a full Season out of him, more on that later...like KA, little to no chance of extras, but great potential for an RB season well inside the Top 16. Thought about McCoy, but like upside of Saints O better. Also looked at Brees, but QB targets for later. With 3WR already in the fold, this pick pretty much made itself.

5.07: MIchael Thomas, WR Saints - Had every intention of taking a TE here, with 3 targets in mind, and only 12 picks between my two, but Witten, Gates and Bennett all went, so Michael Thomas becomes the first 'key pick' to this Draft, because I might have been better off taking a TE here that I didn't necessarily like, simply for the volume of points scored. Still plenty of QB available, and I had an 'anchor' RB now, Spider sense was tingling regarding TE...going with Thomas over some of the other established veteran candidates was 100% a potential upside decision to try to mitigate a potential hole at TE. If Thomas lives up to the hype, extra games won't matter.

6.10: TmQB, Chargers - Gambled, and won, just barely. Giants, Jags and Raiders QB went over the picks prior, Rivers was my 1st on my list, and I got him. I'm all in on everything Chargers O, and now having both the guy driving that bus, along with KA...both could put up Seasons that neutralize extra games from playoff participants. Through 6 picks I have 2 Chargers, 2 Saints, a Jaguar and a Colt - not likely getting much Week 18-21 play out of them, so it's all about Regular Season upside.

7.07: Ben Watson, TE Ravens - Since taking Thomas at 5.07, I'd only missed out on TE's I wasn't excited about, and not that many of them, which gives an idea of how many went early, and how I wound up with the Players I did. Ladarius Green, Tye, D.Allen, Top Jimmy, Ebron and Zach Miller had gone in the last 2 rounds, and while I'm not particularly enamored with any of them, it was a real wake-up call that the cupboard was that bare with barely over a 3rd of the Draft complete. This was a tough swing between my picks - lots of attractive RB and WR went, and if any of them had made it to me (Lat Murray, Ajayi, J.Stew, J.Gordon, J.Hill, Gore, DMM, K.White, Duke, Dorsett), I'd have punted TE further. With a long run between my next pick, I really gritted my teeth taking Watson - it really felt like a reach, and it will be if he doesn't dominate the position for the Ravens (which I happen to think he will). Clay, Walford and Rudolph were considerations, due to potentially less competition for touches.This was a real gold mine position in the Draft for RB and WR, and looking back I may have been better off mining those spots, and continuing to punt, if I don't get what I expect out of Watson. Save the Browns, I think the ANorth is wide open, so there's a shot, albeit slim, of extra games.

8.10: Chris Ivory, RB Jaguars - Felt a little better about the Watson pick after this one. Ivory is the kind of back I think it perfect for waiting for in this thing, and when I saw Yeldon there with a short run between my picks, the light bulb went on that with a little luck I could wind up with the Jags backfield if things fell my way...and they did!

9.07: TJ Yeldon, RB Jaguars - like Keenan Allen, Moncrief and Ingram earlier, I didn't spend any time thinking about this one. With Ivory in the fold already, it was Jags aggregate all the way.

Halfway through:

QBChargers

Ingram, Ivory/Yeldon

AR-15, K.Allen, Moncrief, M.Thomas

Watson

At this point, the only thing I'd consider changing would be grabbing my 1st TE over WR4 Michael Thomas, but given what was gone and what was available, it may not be such a bad idea to battle Teams with 2 great TE or deep 3 with what could wind up being the best WR group in the League...Second half analysis/write-up to follow...

I've been so busy with other things lately that I really haven't been on up on football or as into drafting as other years, so not the best state of mind to be trying to defend my league title.

1.08 Greg Olsen (TE3) - Mostly a no brainer. Top 3 TE on a playoff team that scored 367 points in this format last year.
2.09 New England TMQB (TMQB4) - Another mostly no brainer. Even with Brady out, hard to see the Pats not getting some extra game. Not sure why not picked earlier every year.
3.08 Jamaal Charles (RB8) - I revised my strategy on RBs in recent years. Studs are studs. Charles getting older and not much healthier. Went 25+ picks later than prior years.
4.09 Eddie Lacy (RB11) - Which Lacy am I getting? The bloated bovine from last year or the one that was RB4 from the year before?
5.08 Ladarius Green (TE14) - Of course, I picked Green an hour before his playing status for the season was questioned. Would be nice to get something out of this pick.
6.09 Tavon Austin (WR42) - Going with 2 RB, 2 TE, and a TMQB left slim pickings for WRs. I think Austin will see a lot of dump off passes that mostly don't go very far.
7.08 Travis Benjamin (WR46) - Continuing my run of so-so WR, won't do as well as last year but should still see a fair amount of targets on a team that usually passes a lot.
8.09 Torrey Smith (WR51) - Someone has to catch the ball in SF. Granted, the Niners haven't looked so great in the preseason, but they are just lying low.  Or so I hope.
9.08 Steve Smith (WR55) - He's back to practice and is out to prove people wrong, and 55 WR picks in, he was worth a shot.
10.09 Chris Simms (RB41) - Opted to go with RBs in a time share vs. waiting for back ups or long shots. Ranked 25th last year, so should at least earn back some value.
11.08  Theo Riddick (RB47) - Ranked 39th last year and should score around 100 points. Can't really predict that for the next wave of backs off the board.
12.09 Buffalo TMQB (TMQB22) - The Bills offense looked decent with Taylor, ranking 14th last year.Seemed to me to be a cut above the remaining QB options.
13.08 Packers DEF (DEF9) - Should again be at least decent on a team that should make the playoffs.
14.00 Phil Dawson (PK24) - Waited to long to start looking at kickers. Guys with ??? and guys that don't score much were really all that was left.
15.08 Steelers DEF (DEF14) - Should be better than average and a playoff team.
16.09 Nick Novak (PK27) - Has a job, at least for now.
17.08 Cole Beasley (WR82) - DAL offense should be closer to 14 than 15.Should be around 100 points again, which isn't bad for a 17th round pick.
18.09 Ryan Griffin (TE39) - Did relatively well down the stretch (for a last round pick) but not a lot of news out there. Recovering from injury, but if healthy should start for HOU.

Don't love this team, don't hate this team.Didn't load up on Patrtiots this year, so maybe I will get less grief about that.

These leagues are so dang tough to win.  IMO finishing in top 3 is quite an accomplishment.  What is cool though is all the different strategies that can used.  The 2 PPR for TE is the gorilla in the room and often changes the top of the draft.  Seen guys win these leagues by blowouts and seen it come down to the Super Bowl.  Often it does come down to what the FBG’s are calling “planting your flag” on certain players/situations.  And other times, it can come down to things like Freeman last year, things nobody really saw coming.  

Team Ref: 

3.05    Colts, Indianapolis IND TMQB5
11.05    Jets, New York NYJ TMQB20

I’m high on all things IND passing game this year, think they chuck it everywhere as I don’t see much of a running game and Luck is the strength of that team.  When in doubt, they will go with their strength. Some playoff potential with Luck back so felt ok going QB early to secure a top score here. Team Fitzpatrick finished top 10 in this format last year and should continue to throw and be towards the top of league in pass attempts.  Not much has really changed there other than things maybe even looking better for the passing game with Forte, maybe a healthy Amaro, and that funny named kid if he is the real deal, so felt some value getting them as QB20.

2.12    Miller, Lamar HOU RB6
8.12    Jennings, Rashad NYG RB32    
9.05    Powell, Bilal NYJ RB34
13.05    Ware, Spencer KCC RB53

Would take Miller on every one of my teams this year if I could and the price was right.  Good anchor for the RB crew.  Jennings is just going off as ridiculous value is every league/format I have seen this year.  Was encouraged by his finish last year and the sentiment heading into this year that he will indeed be the bell cow in a pretty high octane offense.  He should shatter RB32.  After doing almost nothing for the first 2/3 of the year Powell asserted himself down the stretch as a pretty good option in the passing game.  I expect him to be a weekly contributor to the game plan, and although Forte catches the ball much better than Ivory, I am looking at that as a wash and hope Powell still gets his.  Ware is a target for me in every league I am in as a KC fan IMO he is the better of the two backs and will receive the primary workload behind Charles and be the guy if Charles goes down.  KC’s early signings of West and Ware indicate to me that they are looking at limiting Charles workload this year.  KC is a good team as shown by them winning 11 straight last year without Charles, including a playoff game. I could easily see Ware getting a ton of work in the second half if KC has the lead. Seems like it has taken the fantasy world a little bit of time to swap West/Ware. Most will probably struggle in the RB3/4 battle, and those that hit will gain a little ground on the field.  This is where the situations like the Freeman’s of the world last year can help you win.  Late round “dart throws” are important in these bad boys, and IMO, there really isn’t such a thing, every roster spot is valuable. 

1.05    Jones, Julio ATL WR3    
4.12    Lockett, Tyler SEA WR31
7.05    Dorsett, Phillip IND WR45        
10.12    Hogan, Chris NEP WR63    
17.05    Stills, Kenny MIA WR81

No way I thought I’d see Julio at the 5th pick so that was easy.  My biggest fear about Julio is that ATL schedule looks absolutely brutal to me. But dude is a beast and will still get force fed the ball as Matty Ice knows Julio will win most of the time if he just chucks it up. Kinda all in on Lockett and willing to pay a little higher than I need to too get him in these formats where you can't move around the draft and there are 16 teams. Although as WR31 don’t feel like I paid too much as I see him in top 20. Dorsett is also a target of mine as I mentioned I’m all in on all things IND.  3 wide sets means he sees the field a ton and should be able to bust some big plays as others draw coverage. I was wondering how the fantasy world would value Hogan when he moved, seems like a match made in heaven to me.  I like his game. Stills was a tough pick between him and a couple of other guys left.  Went with Stills as the WR3 in an offense that should throw a bunch.  Preseason has looked promising. 

5.05    Bennett, Martellus NEP TE13    
6.12    Ebron, Eric DET TE18    
12.12    Green, Virgil DEN TE33

Plan from the get go was to use flex here, as even a marginal TE puts up better numbers than most RB/TE’s at some point. Big fan of Bennett this year, could be large.  Ebron falling in most leagues a little too far because of the ankle injury IMO.  Going on record as calling Green a potential SOD in these leagues.  People made a mistake not trying to nail down who would be the TE in DEN/Kubs offense.  Don’t think it’s Hauerman.  Green is as physically gifted as they come and is already a favorite target if you watch DEN preseason.    

14.12    Succop, Ryan TEN PK25    
15.05    Folk, Nick NYJ PK26    
16.12    Bills, Buffalo BUF Def20    
18.12    Bears, Chicago CHI Def32

Went late here across the board hoping not to lose too much ground to the field. 

Overall: I didn’t focus this year too much on the extra love for playoff games.  I might get a little. Committing to 3 TE’s makes me a little weak at RB/WR. I need to get production worthy of the extra TE and try to avoid total goose eggs.  Feel I have some guys who should outperform their positional ranking and a couple who could blow the doors off it.  We’ll see.  Good luck.  :banned:

Last edited by a moderator:
Tough to comment about teams and strategies. Easier to discuss individual players. For example, after seeing the Patriots play and hearing more about what they are likely to do on offense, I am not as keen on Hogan as others.

The base offense (which should be used a lot) is going 2 TE with Edelman and Mitchell as WR. Hogan used in the slot but how much who knows. Factor in a RB out of the backfield, and Hogan might be at best the 5th option after Gronk, Bennett, Edelman, and a RB.

I don't know how healthy Amendola is, but even he might see more time (if healthy) than Hogan. Hogan has been playing in the preseason more with the leftovers than the first unit (and bear in mind the first unit skill players other than Bennett haven't been playing). Maybe the Pats are just lulling people to sleep and will start Hogan and target him extensively, but for right now I am not seeing that. As far as Mitchell goes, obviously he is hurt now, which won't have his cause. He falls in a similar category, but he should be on the field more.

BroncoFreak_2K3 said:
9.03    Gostkowski, Stephen NEP PK    PK 1
This pick made me curious at the time, so I looked back and discovered that the earliest a PK had previously been drafted in Anarchy 2 was 10.16. That was Gostkowski last year. So this might have been a bit of a reach, though getting him at 10.14 might have been a risk if he was a must have player.

Team rzrback77 - I have always struggled in this format and this effort is not much better, if any.

1.9 - A. J. Green WR5 - Loved getting Green who I believe in as a go-to wide receiver. He will get more targets this year and I believe he will produce similarly to his past production on a per target basis. He will likely see more coverage, but the extra opportunities will overcome the increased coverage. Chance at playoffs.

2.8 - Alshon Jeffery WR11 - I suspect that the Bears will throw more than a year ago and like Jeffery's chances IF he can get and stay healthy. I caught myself reaching a little in the early rounds getting the guys that I liked more, rather than studying comparison to ADP. You must be the top of the top projector to benefit using the best method against an army of excellent drafters and hope to be competitive in a 16-teamer.Do not expect playoffs.

3.9 - Kelvin Benjamin WR21 - Another slight reach, but I like Benjamin quite a bit and he gets the extra bounce from hopefully being on a play-off team.

4.8 - Doug Martin RB10 - My expectations for him are an outlier as I expect him to be top five. He can catch well and although I am not a fan of Winston, hopefully he can improve some in year two and allows his weapons more opportunities in goal to go situations. Not much playoff chance.

5.9 - John Brown WR35- Actually my third favorite Arizona wide receiver, but he is really good. Hope he can shake the cobwebs off and stay on the field. Good chance of playoff run.

6.8 - Oakland QB12 - Derek Carr has plenty of targets and I am not a huge fan of L. Murray so they may throw more than many expect. better chance at playoffs than Oakland has had in a while.

7.9 - Bernard Giovani RB26 - Expect a lot from the Bengals running game and Bernard adds potential yardage as a receiver with many options gone or injured in Cincinnati. Chance at playoffs and with two Bengals, I will be pulling for them.

8.8 - Kyle Rudolph TE25 - At this point, my drafting turned south and although I am a southerner, I mean they turned bad. Although I really liked all of my players to this point, the tight end pool was terrible and I jumped in twice. I have expected more from Rudolph than he has provided and not expecting much more this year. Another good shot at playoffs, but no value here.

9.9 - Jared Cook TE27 - Consistent underperformer twice in a row at tight end. Another good shot at playoffs. but not a value pick at all.

10.8 - Marcus Mariota QB19 - Mariota is a hawk screech from stardom and he could be very productive in the exotic smashmouth. The Titan wide receivers should be better than expected and D. Walker can continue to be targeted often. The Titans's defense could force their offense to lean more on the passing game than expected. Very little chance at playoffs and no value here although I expect him to top his ADP.

11.9 - Patriots DST6 - Not a top defense, but high expectations of extra games.

12.8 - Graham Gano PK7 - fairly good kicker on very good team.

13.9 - Jerrick McKinnon RB54 - After my two terrible tight ends, I saw a huge deficit for my squad to overcome and began to look for players that could be game changers if things happened just right and I continued to stack players on the same team, even if their playoff chances were not the best.

14.8 - Breshad Perriman WR69 - If Perriman ever gets on the field, maybe he can be all that. I did say if.

15.9 - Jaguars DST15 - I am all in on the star power that has been assembled in Jacksonville for their defense and give them a shot at the playoffs.

16.8 - Kendall Wright WR78- Hoping that Wright figures out that he must play hard all the time and takes advantage of opportunities with lots of short targets from Mariota.

17.9 - Jonathan WIlliams RB64 - Loved watching this guy play at Arkansas and think that he is healthy. With the other Williams dismissed, perhaps he can get the second call in Buffalo. He is a gamer and could come through, if given the chance. Low playoff shot

18.8 - Cody Parkey PK31 - When healthy, he has been the best Eagle kicker. He is in a battle and I hope that I am a good guesser on who wins the first shot and Parkey plays well early so that he can hang around. Not much playoff chance and better chance at zero points, but I had to take two and he was my pick.

It is a pleasure to draft in this league with this group of folks. All quality drafters and solid posters. Thanks to David for setting all of these leagues up and best of luck to all.
I think it is kind of hard to draft from the middle in 16 teams and I prefer to be on the ends so I can double up and tier jump. Drafting in the middle is just a long wait both ways. This allows you to be a bit more flexible in roster construction perhaps.

I agree with a few of your ideas such as the Bears throwing the ball more this season. Their entire WR group was injured last season, they didn't have much choice but to run the ball a lot of the time last season. I also think the Bears schedule is more friendly than last season, the NFC North plays the NFC East and AFC South which are two of the weaker divisions as far as defenses go, although the Jaguars may be improved this year. The Bears also get to play a game against the Bucs who was and is bad against the pass while pretty good against the run (in part because of being bad against the pass).

I also think the Raiders could throw more this season.

Benjamin has been talked about as over rated for a long time now. Even before he became a pro. I am undecided about him and I have heard Buzz that Funchess is playing well in camp. However if you compare Benjamin's rookie season with Funchess? Benjamin was actually a more efficient player and he wasn't efficient. I think Maclin would have been a safer pick but Benjamin surprised me with how well he played as a rookie, maybe he surprises me again.

Some of long shots such as Perriman and McKinnon maybe great if things broke their way. I am afraid Perriman is already broken though and I have never thought he was particularly good when healthy.

I usually like a lot of the same players as you. Not so much this year.

Are you seeing a possible scheduling advantage for the NFC North teams also? I don't like the TE you drafted, but if Minnesota and/or Green Bay make the playoffs, those guys might perform better than I think. It is just hard to be optimistic about these guys when they have perennially disappointed.

This pick made me curious at the time, so I looked back and discovered that the earliest a PK had previously been drafted in Anarchy 2 was 10.16. That was Gostkowski last year. So this might have been a bit of a reach, though getting him at 10.14 might have been a risk if he was a must have player.
Made that pick while at the strip club. 

Stinkin Ref,

I really liked the Kenny Stills pick as I wish I would have had him ahead of Malcolm Mitchell. Another of your picks where I second guess my decision is picking Kevin White ahead of Phillip Dorsett. I have thought about this quite a bit since then and I think Dorsett is the better pick for 2016. Great value at pick 101.

I had never drafted Kevin White in any format before, so I got pretty excited about it at first but I think Dorsett ends up being the better choice because of QB play and a better chance at extra games.

Solid draft and good values with many of your picks I think.

Team Norseman-decent team, with a little luck it may have a chance. 

1.15 Jordy Nelson- a nice safe pick to start off with. What knee injury? Jordy is back at practice, and the last two seasons he has played he was 3rd and 12th in this format. As the 8th WR off the board the top 5 upside should be worth the risk. Playoff games probable

2.2 David Johnson - finish his rookie season as the 4th RB in scoring and didn't start until week 13. A full season could produce incredible results. Playoff games probable 

3.15 Eric Decker - 24th WR off the board, and has finished 7th, 28th and 15th the last 3 years. Always under rated, always good value. Playoff games - between questionable and probable

4.2 Doug Baldwin - finished 8th in his breakout last year. Unrealistic to expect that again, but great value as the 26th WR off the board. Playoff games probable 

5.15 Jacksonville QB - finished 6th last year, but probably won't repeat that performance. Improved Defense will mean less garbage time points, but he has a great young pair of wideouts. Top 10 finish is probable. Playoff games, will much more likely than last year are still doubtful 

6.2 Allen Hurns - AR15 will draw coverage and leave Hurns in single coverage often. Finished 20th last year, which seems like his ceiling, but as the 39th WR taken should be good value.

7.15 Charles Clay - the weakness of the team is going to be TE when you don't take one until 20 others are gone. It is so hard to take the 5th TE in the first round or the 9th TE in the 3rd. But that is what you have to do when they are flying off the board like they do in these leagues. Clay finished 19th last year without playing the last 3 games so he has a little upside. Playoff games are doubtful 

8.2 Matt Jones - the starting job is his as long as he is healthy (and he can hang on to the ball). I don't like this pick as much now, wanted Mathews who went a few picks before or should have taken Foster with the higher upside. But he should be able to at least match the 28th spot, as long as he stays health. Playoff games between probable and questionable 

9.15  Denver D - finished last year 2nd and should be definitely be top 4 again this year. Playoff games probable 

10.02 Hunter Henry - the 28th TE taken. Expectations aren't too high, but how long can gates play at a top level? Hopefully Henry is as good as the reports coming out of training camp. Playoff games doubtful 

11.15 Darren Sproles - finished 31st, 32nd, and 43rd the last three years. 50th RB taken, he should be able to exceed that. Playoff games doubtful 

12.02 & 13.15 Blair Walsh & Jason Meyers - two kickers who should keep their jobs all year and kick in a dome or warm weather. Walsh finished 5th sat year and I need at least on Viking player on my team. Vikings playoff games probable and if the Jags can surprise and get in that would be a big bonus for me as that makes 3 Jags on my team.  All in!

14.02 Danny Amendola - not thrilled with this pick, but IF health he could easily out perform the 70th WR where he was taken. He was 45th last year. Playoff games probable (likely)

15.15 Tim Hightower - filled in well for Ingram last year when he got injured. Not a lot of miles on the legs either after 3 years out of the league. Finished 54th after only playing in 8 games (and only scoring more than 1 point in 5 games) high upside, low chance of playoff games

16.02 Vikings QB - Teddy entering season three has no where to go but up. 30th QB taken so there should be nothing but upside here. Playoff games probable 

17.15 Tennessee D- 28th Defense taken, finished 23rd last year. Had to take 2 D's and couldn't wait any longer. Playoff games doubtful 

18.02 Brandon Coleman - with Colston gone, Coleman could get several red zone opportunities, and with an injury or two could be a last round steal. And who doesn't want a part of New Orleans passing game. Playoff games doubtful 

the potential for many extra playoff points is here, just need enough regular season points to be in position to contend 

Team Norseman-decent team, with a little luck it may have a chance. 

1.15 Jordy Nelson- a nice safe pick to start off with. What knee injury? Jordy is back at practice, and the last two seasons he has played he was 3rd and 12th in this format. As the 8th WR off the board the top 5 upside should be worth the risk. Playoff games probable

2.2 David Johnson - finish his rookie season as the 4th RB in scoring and didn't start until week 13. A full season could produce incredible results. Playoff games probable 

3.15 Eric Decker - 24th WR off the board, and has finished 7th, 28th and 15th the last 3 years. Always under rated, always good value. Playoff games - between questionable and probable

4.2 Doug Baldwin - finished 8th in his breakout last year. Unrealistic to expect that again, but great value as the 26th WR off the board. Playoff games probable 

5.15 Jacksonville QB - finished 6th last year, but probably won't repeat that performance. Improved Defense will mean less garbage time points, but he has a great young pair of wideouts. Top 10 finish is probable. Playoff games, will much more likely than last year are still doubtful 

6.2 Allen Hurns - AR15 will draw coverage and leave Hurns in single coverage often. Finished 20th last year, which seems like his ceiling, but as the 39th WR taken should be good value.

7.15 Charles Clay - the weakness of the team is going to be TE when you don't take one until 20 others are gone. It is so hard to take the 5th TE in the first round or the 9th TE in the 3rd. But that is what you have to do when they are flying off the board like they do in these leagues. Clay finished 19th last year without playing the last 3 games so he has a little upside. Playoff games are doubtful 

8.2 Matt Jones - the starting job is his as long as he is healthy (and he can hang on to the ball). I don't like this pick as much now, wanted Mathews who went a few picks before or should have taken Foster with the higher upside. But he should be able to at least match the 28th spot, as long as he stays health. Playoff games between probable and questionable 

9.15  Denver D - finished last year 2nd and should be definitely be top 4 again this year. Playoff games probable 

10.02 Hunter Henry - the 28th TE taken. Expectations aren't too high, but how long can gates play at a top level? Hopefully Henry is as good as the reports coming out of training camp. Playoff games doubtful 

11.15 Darren Sproles - finished 31st, 32nd, and 43rd the last three years. 50th RB taken, he should be able to exceed that. Playoff games doubtful 

12.02 & 13.15 Blair Walsh & Jason Meyers - two kickers who should keep their jobs all year and kick in a dome or warm weather. Walsh finished 5th sat year and I need at least on Viking player on my team. Vikings playoff games probable and if the Jags can surprise and get in that would be a big bonus for me as that makes 3 Jags on my team.  All in!

14.02 Danny Amendola - not thrilled with this pick, but IF health he could easily out perform the 70th WR where he was taken. He was 45th last year. Playoff games probable (likely)

15.15 Tim Hightower - filled in well for Ingram last year when he got injured. Not a lot of miles on the legs either after 3 years out of the league. Finished 54th after only playing in 8 games (and only scoring more than 1 point in 5 games) high upside, low chance of playoff games

16.02 Vikings QB - Teddy entering season three has no where to go but up. 30th QB taken so there should be nothing but upside here. Playoff games probable 

17.15 Tennessee D- 28th Defense taken, finished 23rd last year. Had to take 2 D's and couldn't wait any longer. Playoff games doubtful 

18.02 Brandon Coleman - with Colston gone, Coleman could get several red zone opportunities, and with an injury or two could be a last round steal. And who doesn't want a part of New Orleans passing game. Playoff games doubtful 

the potential for many extra playoff points is here, just need enough regular season points to be in position to contend 
Very nice team.  Would love to see what this team would have looked like swapping Bortles for a Te and Henry for a QB.

Going into the 2nd half:

TmQB Chargers

Ingram, Ivory/Yeldon

AR-15, K.Allen, Moncrief, Michael Thomas

Watson

10.10: Bruce Ellington, WR 49'ers - Missed out on primary target Charles Sims by 1 lousy pick (nice, Yuds). Had the QB I wanted, RB fell to me in a way that made me happy, and TE was a disaster, but WR was shining, and I'm a big fan of the idea that when all else fails, look to make a strength stronger, so grabbed a guy who's unique to his Team, and despite the warts at QB, with Kelly running the show, should run an enormous # of plays, and playing from behind constantly. I mean, for the 9'ers, garbage time should be pretty much 45 minutes of most games. Garbage time upside! Whoo-hoo! Playoff prospects are negligible, but Ellington could reasonably catch 80 balls over 16 games, and should have room to rack up YAC. Considering he might be the last WR I drafted, I think I made out pretty well with this pick. There were some very worthy RB's still available though, who were tempting...but all in all, Ellington really stuck out as a guy who could outperform draft position moreso than most other available players.

11.07: Jace Amaro, TE Jets - I'm SURE I could have waited on Amaro, and it's very likely I'll regret taking him here. I'll mention another TE later that crossed my mind here. TE selections had slowed to a trickle, and the one guy I did like, Higbee, went right after I took Ellington (Yuds, again!). However, looking at the remaining propects, Amaro was the only one left with the position relatively all to himself in the offense, it IS Chan Gailey's offense, the WR and running game are talented and diverse enough to give him plenty of room and favorable coverage, and it's the combo of unrealized potential/last chance to make it work on his current Team that gives me some hope that I might find a workable streaming solution to go with Watson...but it felt absolutely gross taking Jace F'ing Amaro in Round 11. Especially because I had a feeling in the back of my mind that before the draft was over, that the prospects of the Watson/Amaro combo was going to compel me to take a 3rd TE from the dreck that remained. Again I passed up serviceable RB's because I was still excited to have secured the Ivory/Yeldon combo, and I had a 2/2/1 strategy working in the back of my mind if things played out the way I thought they might.

12.10:  D/ST Vikings - D/ST were moving, and with TE a trainwreck, I couldn't afford to be noticeably weak anywhere else, so I hopped on the train. With a healthy O-Line, Bridgewater in Year 2 and the passing game looking overall stronger, Vikes look to me like a Team better across the board, and poised to make a move. Feel like I got the last one of the just-below-elite tier here. Feels good.

13.07: Matt Prater, PK Lions - Bullish about the Lions Offense, Indoors, and a Division that should lend itself to shootouts. Not elite, but enough upside to work as a primary PK.

14.10: TmQB Bears - I'd been watching the QB's trickle, and had regretfully passed in previous Rounds by necessity, and felt lucky to see the Bears still there among the remaining options. Thought I'd have more to work with, but Ravens and Texans went before I was up. Risk, but certainly some upside with the personnel. I'm enamored with Rivers as my QB1, and think Cutler makes for a nice complement in this format. Playoffs negligible, but he could have weeks he outperforms Rivers, and those should be some fairly high-scoring weeks. Lots of shootout potential in the NNorth. I don't think I suffered a great deal by waiting.

15.07: Chris Johnson, RB Cardinals - Earlier I mentioned I had some 2/2/1 RB strategies working in the back of my mind, and there were still RB's available I felt could fit the bill of '1' if I went that route, but the TE thing was still bugging me also, and I was in a bit of a quandry about which direction to go in, so I decided to let the draft play itself out and let what fell to me in Round 16 dictate my next move. I pondered over DeAndre Washington's potential upside before selecting Johnson, as well as another RB I'll mention later. I'm in the camp that Chris will play a larger role for the Cardinals than some expect, and I think he has more TD upside and greater extra game potential. In doing so, I left 2 guys on the table I hoped would fall to me at 16.10.

16.10: Greg Zeuerlein, PK Rams - Well, damn, I lost both my guys: Tim Hightower (as I had Ingram), and Jacob Tamme. Hightower was the other RB I considered at 15 for a multitude of reasons - first and foremost because of how well he performed in Ingram's absence last year, coupled with the fact that Ingram has yet to log a full Season, so he played into the 2/2/1 thing...but I grabbed Johnson as my '1' type first because if Ingram holds up, he'd have more value than Hightower. I felt Hightower was safe for sure to last another Round, and Johnson was not. Tamme was the TE I pondered when I took Amaro, with the thought in mind that if I took him in Round 11 that I'd attempt to grab Austin Hooper and carry 2 TE between 3 Players. Neither idea played out, and so I grabbed the mandatory 2nd PK from a dwindling group.

17.07: D/ST Buccaneers - mandatory 2nd D. Best of the remaining group, in terms of personnel and an offense that could help level the playing field in their favor in most matchups.

18.10: Austin Hooper, TE Falcons - Feeling fairly decent about the other position groups on my Team, I couldn't go into the Season with the Watson/Amaro tandem. Felt compelled to get them some help. There's a general knock on Rookie TE's but Hooper is certainly in a situation where he could see time, and have an impact, especially as the Season progresses. He's certainly different from Tamme, is a valid Red Zone threat, and there are targets available in what should be an improved Shanahan offense in Season 2. In retrospect, if I'd had the foresight, I could have landed the Tamme/Hooper tandem which would have netted me Watson/Tamme/Hooper.

In sum:

Chargers/Bears

Ingram/Ivory/Yeldon/Chris Johnson

AR-15, K.Allen, Moncrief, Michael Thomas, B.Ellington

Watson/Amaro/Hooper

Prater/Zeuerlein

Vikings/Buccaneers

Between my front line guys and overall WR group, I think I have a potential contender at every position except TE. TE, however, is a mess. In a TE premium League, no less! And it's a fairly rookie error to try to improve crap with more crap, rather than just punting and making my RB or WR groups stronger, and that could be fatal, especially if Ingram gets hurt, with no Hightower to pick up the slack. It's as big an IF as there is, but IF I'm able to cobble something together from that sordid lot of TE's, I might make some noise, but the odds are against me. Without some kind of TE production, there's no reason to think this squad will reside anywhere other than the middle of the pack.

It's been fun competing with you guys again. Always look forward to it. Now, have at it!

Ben, Wilson

Bell, Hyde, CThomp, Woodhead

Doctson, Diggs, VJax, two Tennessee WRs, Tate

Donnell, Vance Mac

AZ and Sea kickers

49ers, Falcons

:X

My thinking was aim for playoff teams. QBs score a lot of points and extra games mean a lot. I was thinking if I can take 2 QBs, 2 K and top end RB into playoffs, I might be able to close a lot of ground. My other players I just need to keep me close enough/avoid zeroes. 

nittanylion,

One of the choices I had to make for my second QB was the Eagles or the 49ers. It isn't an easy choice to make and it is kind of funny in a way because one team Chip Kelly got fired from and the other he was hired to.

Initially I wanted to side with the up tempo and high volume. I do think SF players could really surprise this season. 

I just can't get past the fact that this is Blaine Gabbert, who may be better than Nick Foles, so who knows?

I am no fan of Bradford and Wentz looked really raw in the first preseason game as should be expected, it isn't good but felt like less of a dumpster fire and a friendlier schedule.

The 49ers may have better talent at the skill position than the Eagles, and if so Ellington would be one of the main components in that. I can see him being a very good pick. Torry Smith may be a very good WR for the same reason. Jackson had one of his best seasons with Chip.

I was targeting Jace Amaro but not as early as you selected him. I could see him doing well but there is a lot of competition for targets. 

I don't seem to be alone in thinking the Bears will throw the ball more this season. Cutler played really well last season and if White can contribute he will have better numbers, the loss of Forte perhaps balances that out somewhat unless Langford plays a lot better than last season, which he should, but that is still a loss of an efficient supporting player. I like the Bears schedule, its easier than last season was. The offensive line seems to be a concern, perhaps more than last season, so that could be an achilles heel.  

I didn't think about the Tamme/Hooper pair. That's interesting. I think there is no question Hooper has more upside. The Falcons have been missing that element of their offense since Gonzalez retired. It just seems that rookie TE don't usually get much opportunity and Tamme isn't too old yet. I do expect them to split targets. Not sure how much or how large their total TE pie will be, but I don't think they got much better at WR, so TE targets should be pretty high I would think. What kind of numbers do you think the two will have as a tandem? I did pick Tamme had 81 targets last season and their other TE had 17 targets, which is 98. Gonzalez was routinely getting around 120 targets. Not that these two guys are that good, just saying that Ryan does like to throw to TE and maybe there could be 120 targets for Tamme and Hooper combined, but most likely 100 targets again. I was thinking Tamme would get 60 of those and Hooper 40. Although I could see that split being more in Tamme's favor than 60%. Really just depends on how many snaps Hooper will play. Toilolo will likely still have a lot of playing time I would think. Hooper may get a lot of red zone though as you say. I have not been following the Falcons TC much at all, so not sure how Hooper is progressing.

I think you had a real solid start in the top half of the draft for the first six picks. I am not sure about investing in both Jaguars RB. I am usually trying to target the guy I like more and hope things break that guys way, so I don't want the other guy who breaks if that happens.

Did you keep notes during your draft? Excellent detail for each of your picks. Good luck!

My all bust team for 2016

WR

1.04    4.    Beckham, Odell NYG WR    

2.13    29.    Thomas, Demaryius DEN WR    

3.04    36.    Watkins, Sammy BUF WR    

7.04    100.    White, Kevin CHI WR    

16.13    253.    Johnson, Charles MIN WR    

17.04    260.    Mitchell, Malcolm NEP WR

Love your top 3 and even White, I think he may surprise and kind of kicking myself for passing on Cutler in Anarchy 1.  You may not get much out of your last 2 though.

TE

4.13    61.    Witten, Jason DAL TE    

5.04    68.    Gates, Antonio SDC TE    

You'll get at least 8 Td's out of Gates even if SD goes 0-16.  Romo loves Witten.  Not a ton of upside here but steady production. 

RB

6.13    93.    Ajayi, Jay MIA RB    

9.04    132.    Gordon, Melvin SDC RB    

10.13    157.    Booker, Devontae DEN RB    

11.04    164.    Michael, Christine SEA RB    

You'll need the injury fairy to sprinkle dust on a few guys or else you will get lapped by the field here. Ajayi pick really surprises me with some other options that were still available.  

QB

8.13    125.    Lions, Detroit DET TMQB    

18.13 285      Eagles or 49ers QB

I am probably higher on DET than some, so I like that pick, saw they are going hurry up this year and I agree they will  throw a ton and I like the weapons they have.  Honestly not sure they will miss CJ as much as people think.  Stafford could have a huge year.  PHI probbaly not as bad as we think it will be, but still not good. 

K

12.13    189.    McManus, Brandon DEN PK    

13.04    196.    Gould, Robbie CHI PK    

Good combo, but playoffs could be a stretch for the donkeys.

DEF

14.13    221.    Rams, Los Angeles RAM Def    

15.04    228.    Raiders, Oakland OAK Def  

Like this group a lot.  

Overall: need monster years from top 3 WR and White breaking out would help a bunch. Old guys at TE may outscore your RB's straight up. JK...a little....but you will need some love there.  Top half finish is a good goal for this group.  Enjoy your commentary. Good luck  :banned:

Summary:

TMQB - Bengals, Texans

I think some may be surprised by where you finish in the QB rankings because I think you will be pretty decent.  General feeling I think is that people are down on Dalton and Brock, but I think they will be productive and have some big weeks.

RB - Foster, Deangelo, Crowell, Tolbert

Could be a little bit of a struggle here, but I think MIA gives Foster every opportunity to be the man. Ever since Miller left, MIA has been looking for someone else to come in and that says a lot to me about JA. While Dwilly may still get some love when Bell comes back, your RB2-4 could struggle last 3/4 of the season. 

WR - Maclin, Edelman, Marvin Jones, Boyd, Kearse

Love me some Jones this year and Boyd so I like your top 4 a lot.  Kearse is also a solid 5th.  Maclin and Edelman may not outplay their draft spot, but I think Jones and Boyd could blow the roof off. Nice work.

TE - Kelce, Fleener, Allen

You should lap the field here and this position alone will keep you in the hunt for the title.  Allen not getting near enough love across the fantasy world IMO.  The year I one this league I had Gronk/Hernandez/Graham when they went nuts.  You could have 3 top 10 guys here.

PK - Boswell, Nugent
DEF - Redskins, Chargers

decent

Overall: Loading up elsewhere cost you a bunch at RB, but you may have enough firepower to cover that cause I don't think you will lose much ground at QB and you should be near the top at WR and TE throughout the year.  Thought you played this pretty well from a strategical stand point and if Foster hits, you will be tough to beat.  Good work and good luck.  :banned:

Well my love for Jay Ajayi is something I have been talking about since Miami didn't re-sign Miller. I had him projected for 350 opportunities before the arrival of Foster. I have given that a pretty big haircut since then. The recent issues with Jay catching the ball is what concerns me the most about him, as I had been considering that a strength of his until recently. I did read the beat writers making negative comments about Jay as a receiver, but I wasn't sure how much stock to put into that, perhaps a bit of denial on my part just because I am not seeing what they are seeing. Their beat writers are overall very negative, and not detailed with their criticisms at all. So it was hard for me to take their comments at face value. Now that I saw Jay mess up in preseason as a receiver, their comments seem more justified, even though I still do not know what they have seen in this regard during practice, because they do a terrible job of actually describing what they are seeing, instead opting for hyperbolic emotionally charged comments that tell the reader more about the beat writer than they inform the reader about the player.

Foster didn't look so hot either. The 3rd preseason game will be pretty meaningful I think, as far as what to expect for these guys going forward. The offensive line is pretty bad by all accounts as well. I am expecting the Dolphins to pass a lot, which should help the RB when they do run the ball.

All of that said, I still think it may have been better for me to complete my WR group before drafting Jay.

I hope Gates and Witten do outscore my RB, as I think my motley crew is going to do better than many would expect. Michael is the one who actually worries me the most out of the four.

I saw a lot of the players I drafted pretty late last year going really high this year. So hoping that will be the case again in 2017. 

1.12 Deandre Hokpins (HOU WR)

2.05 Amari Cooker (OAK WR)

3.12 Gary Barnridge (CLE TE)

4.05 CJ Anderson (DEN RB) (Go Bears!)

5.12 Will Tye (NYG TE)

6.05 Laquon Treadwell (MIN WR)

7.12 Ryan Mathews (PHI RB)

8.05 Richard Rodgers (GB TE) (Go Bears!)

9.12 Ameer Abdullah (DET RB)

10.05 Kenny Britt (LA WR)

11.12 Shane Vereen (NYG RB) (Go Bears!)

12.05 Miami Dolphins TMQB (Tannehill) (MIA TMQB)

13.12 Matt Bryant (ATL PK)

14.05 Dan Carpenter (BUF PK)

15.12 LA Rams TMQB (Keenum/Goff) (LA TMQB) (Go Bears!)

16.05 Victor Cruz (NYG WR)

Taking a flyer on my last positional pick. I was also looking at Leonte Carroo (MIA) and Seth Roberts (OAK) but I just didn't see the upside potential with either of those guys. Cruz could wind up being a zero. He hasn't played since 2014. But he's returned to practice and could be on the field week 1. His situation isn't the same as it was back in 2014 (that OBJ guy will take some targets) but if he's in and healthy, he could easily finish in the top 20 WRs. The Giants are basically a 2-WR team, and with Rueben Randle gone and no other top-level competition, Cruz could get 100+ targets.

17.12 Detroit Lions D (DET TD)

18.05 New Orleans D (NO TD)

Overall:

IMO your QB combo could surprise some folks, as MIA will chuck it all over the place and I think the Rams have some sneaky talent in the passing game. I also thought you did a nice job at RB in rounds 4-11 and CJA was an absolute steal in the 4th.  We have to assume until proven otherwise that Mathews and AA are going to put up starter worthy numbers and should be fine for you as RB2/3 in this format.  And you could do worse than Vereen as RB4. I am not a fan of your WR's after top 2 but that may just be me. If I miss out on any production from a MIN WR I think I can live with it, but if I use a pick on them and they don't produce its kind of like punching yourself in the nuts, so I choose to pass. I feel like you could have gotten Britt much later.  And I purposely left your comments about Cruz above in this post as it almost seems like you forgot they drafted and signed Shepard.  One minute you say he could lay a goose egg, next minute it's easy top 20....and if they are a 2 WR team, the 2 probably include guys named OBJ and Sheppard. Call me crazy but I think Sheppard may qualify as "top level competition". Is Cruz a closet Bear.  Guess I need to ask the same about Will Tye as that pick seemed a little early as well. If he is the primary TE for NYG you may be on to something with your TE trifecta, although I do expect some regression from Barnige with some pretty solid WR options and red zone targets added to that team, and who knows how Cook affects Rodgers yet. PK's are decent, DST may struggle in the bottom tier. Overall not a huge fan of the end result here, Hopkins/Cooper/CJA was a decent start but DD or no DD it kind of went astray from 5th round on IMO.  Good luck. :banned:

Finally had a chance to verify teams for roster compliance. Found a team with an issue, since taken care of.

Better to be lucky than good, sad banana department: Glad I screwed up on grabbing Keenan Allen now.

Well, enjoy the race, fellas. Unless a miracle occurs, I'll be taking up permanent residence in the basement.

Keenan Allen, Ben Watson and Bruce Ellington - gone. I went with a daring, controversial (or, more likely, stupid) approach at TE. In addition to losing Watson, Jace Amaro played himself out of the League, and I am left with Austin Hooper as my lone TE. That's gonna leave a mark.

In my favor: Even without Allen, I think the Chargers/Bears QB combo will still prove to be one of the better ones...while Ivory is banged up, I should get decent #'s from Yeldon and Ingram's #'s should improve...AR-15 and Moncrief are a nice duo, and Michael Thomas looks like he's going to be busy...the Vikings D appears to be a TD MACHINE!!!

...no...I'll be in the outhouse looking up, if anyone's looking for me. glllpease...

Well, enjoy the race, fellas. Unless a miracle occurs, I'll be taking up permanent residence in the basement.

Keenan Allen, Ben Watson and Bruce Ellington - gone. I went with a daring, controversial (or, more likely, stupid) approach at TE. In addition to losing Watson, Jace Amaro played himself out of the League, and I am left with Austin Hooper as my lone TE. That's gonna leave a mark.

In my favor: Even without Allen, I think the Chargers/Bears QB combo will still prove to be one of the better ones...while Ivory is banged up, I should get decent #'s from Yeldon and Ingram's #'s should improve...AR-15 and Moncrief are a nice duo, and Michael Thomas looks like he's going to be busy...the Vikings D appears to be a TD MACHINE!!!

...no...I'll be in the outhouse looking up, if anyone's looking for me. glllpease...
On the bright side, Chris Ivory is out of the hospital. If you want, I will issue a full refund.

Better to be lucky than good, sad banana department: Glad I screwed up on grabbing Keenan Allen now.
It was quite a surprise to more people than just me. Made us wonder if you were on to something. It seemed a bit ominous to me.

Maybe you were on to something, like tuna on rye, but now it all makes sense.

It was quite a surprise to more people than just me. Made us wonder if you were on to something. It seemed a bit ominous to me.

Maybe you were on to something, like tuna on rye, but now it all makes sense.
Yeah, wish I was that smart, but I have/had Allen in my money league.

Fortunately Marvin Jones looks like an acceptable starter.

View From The Outhouse, Week 4:

Still holding down the fort in last place. I've got a death-grip on the position, and there appear to be no imminent threats. League Average is 720.29, and although close (599), I remain the only Team not to crack the 600-point ceiling...after finishing dead last in scoring in both Weeks 1&2, I sustained a middle of the pack finish in Week 3, followed by a 12th-place tally this week, however, my recent success has done nothing to improve my standing.

Week 5 brings it's own unique set of challenges: Courtesy of injuries (K.Allen, B.Ellington, Moncrief, Watson, possibly CJ2K) and byes (Ingram, Ivory, Yeldon, A.Rob., M.Thomas), I will be fielding an active roster of 8 Players, including both my PK and D/ST. Zero RB? Pfffttt...I'm shipping out sans WR as well. Top that!!!

Week 5 Crew: QB Chargers, QB Bears, Jace Amaro, Austin Hooper, Prater, Zeuerlein, Vikings, Buccaneers.

Although there aren't eliminations in Anarchy, I'm going to appeal to David to make an exception: any Team preventing me from finishing dead last, and by a respectable margin, at that, this upcoming Week, ought to be given the boot.

Sorry Kendricks dropped that interception nittany. They haven't been pulling enough weight to keep you afloat. 

I am trying my best to join you in the basement with Sammy Watkins matching your Keenan Allen, Antonio Gates for your Ben Watson but it is tough to match Ellington and Moncrief also.

Charles Johnson was doing a pretty good job until last night when he actually did something. Malcolm Mitchell still hasn't scored more than Moncrief though.

Robbie Gould still doesn't have a job which is some suck even you cannot match.

I will keep trying but it is a low bar you have set.

and for the record...I wasn't included in the top 3 heading into the playoffs but have since secured that spot and hope to keep it...

Fiddles takes it with the All-In-On-Atlanta strategy; well done, sir!
thanks dude. it worked for me a few years ago with the giants SB run also.  I won leagues 2 and 5 with matt ryan.  He was pretty good in anarchy this year. 

Users who are viewing this thread