What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2017 NFL Offseason Predictions (1 Viewer)

travdogg

Footballguy
This is my 4th year doing these, and while its basically impossible to predict almost anything right at this offseason stage, I think its fun to guess. I have omitted certain potential cap casualty guys, and some FA's, either because I don't feel they are worth mentioning, or I just didn't fin a spot I liked for them, or I think its likely they just re-sign on the cheap. I list by 1st round pick, and then follow that with some free agency moves. Without any further adieu...

1. Cleveland= Myles Garrett, the consensus best player in the draft. Would be an anchor for years to come for the Browns.

Terrelle Pryor, just can't see him leaving, he loves Hue Jackson, and the Browns need him and have the league's most cap room. 

Stephon Gilmore, with better health, he and Joe Haden could be hell of a 1-2 punch at CB.

2. San Francisco= Soloman Thomas, I think he's going to fly up draft boards after the combine. His first step quickness is crazy for a guy his size, and with the 49ers switching to a 4-3, they need another outside rusher.

Tyrod Taylor, lots of cap space, and both parties needing change leads to this. Taylor could thrive in Shanahan's offense. 

DeSean Jackson, I think D-Jax ends up going home to California and the 49ers have a lot more money to spend than the Rams. 

Larry Warford, another piece for the o-line, which isn't really that bad, and San Fran's offense could be effectively made over in year one.

3. Chicago= Mitch Trubisky, I think they are interested in Garappolo, but I think New England doesn't get what they want, and end up keeping him and getting a 3rd round comp pick. Trubisky has question marks, but the Bears need a franchise face, and Trubisky could certainly be that for them.

Alshon Jeffery, I think Jeffery is not as sought after by other teams as the media has led us to believe. A Jeffery-White-Meredith trio gives Trubisky a good cast to work with.

Dre Kirkpatrick, been a bit of a bust for Cinci, but John Fox may be able to salvage him, and even his Bengals level of play would be an upgrade.

Julius Thomas, Bears add another weapon for Trubisky, this one having already had experience with John Fox.

4. Jacksonville= Malik Hooker, as much big play ability I've seen from a safety since Eric Berry, Hooker's injury seems minor, and he'll be ready for camp. 2nd straight year the Jags get a playmaker in the secondary.

Ronald Leary, Jags biggest offensive goal should be improving their running game, to take pressure off Bortles. Leary is a great run blocker.

Melvin Ingram, I think San Diego would like to keep him, but with Bosa and Attochu, its not the biggest loss. Still, Ingram is a very good edge defender, and something the Jags could use.

Eddie Lacy, I think Chris Ivory will be a cap casualty. Lacy is younger and better, and likely cheaper to boot.

5. Tennessee= Jonathan Allen, paired opposite Jurell Casey could boost a suddenly great Titans front 7. Should go higher, but other teams have bigger needs or are set on interior lineman.

Morris Claiborne, Titans need a CB upgrade, and Claiborne finally started to live up to 1st round hype a bit, just in time to leave Dallas.

Perry Riley, likely creates a LB rotation with Avery Williamson, before ultimately replacing him as he is a FA in 2018.

6. New York Jets= Jamal Adams, some have compared him to Earl Thomas, and the Jets secondary is in shambles. 

Jay Cutler, seems like a perfect stopgap for them. 2013 Bears East offense gets its QB. I think they give Hack one more year to develop. 

Ryan Griffin, Jets have to bargain shop this offseason, but griffin could potentially start at TE for them. A position that Gailey didn't value at all.

Jordan Mills, cheap replacement for Clady.

7. Los Angeles Chargers= Rueben Foster, has some NaVorro Bowman to his game. Chargers front seven gets another playmaker. Not worried about his health either.

Austin Pasztor, potential starting RT, who at the very least is good depth for a team that always seems to need it.

DJ Swearinger, they missed Eric Weddle a ton last year, Addae is also a FA, Swearinger is better than Addae, but unlikely to be a priority for Arizona.

Sterling Moore, cheap solid nickel corner. From everything I've heard Brandon Flowers is likely going to retire, or the the very least be a cap casualty.

8. Carolina= Marshon Lattimore, Panthers don't often draft CBs this high, but I think they'll make an exception based on how much they need there. Lattimore has the size they like.

Kawann Short, can't envision a scenario where he gets let go.

Andrew Whitworth, older player, but LT basically sunk the Panthers offense last year, so I think they'll make it a huge priority.

LeGarrette Blount, I think he'll team with Stewart to form a thunder and thunder combo, to wear down defenses for Newton. Not likely a priority for Patriots to keep.

9. Cincinnati= Taco Charlton, good size, and Michael Johnson's play fell off a cliff last year. Charlton and Dunlop could be a great combo.

Kevin Zeitler, despite what the media has said, its hard to believe the Bengals would let a 27 year old probowl player get away, when they can easily afford him.

Kenny Stills, Andy Dalton needs another outside weapon besides AJ Green. Stills has big play ability, but also a reputation as a bit of a one trick pony.

Adrian Peterson, I think if he weren't still on a cheap rookie deal, Jeremy Hill would be cut, he's bombed as a starter, and Gio seems set as a 3rd down RB.

10. Buffalo= Corey Davis, a legit playmaker opposite a hopefully healthy Sammy Watkins.

Tony Romo, Bills seem to want a pocket passer, and Buffalo has a somewhat similar build to Dallas, with their running game.

TJ McDonald,  sadly I think Aaron Williams can't be counted on, and McDonald may be an upgrade anyway.

Brandon Boykin, solid nickel CB, doesn't replace Gilmore, but contributes.

11. New Orleans= Leonard Fournette, Sean Payton clearly doesn't fully trust Ingram, and Fournette could help the defense just like Zeke did for Dallas. 

Brandon Williams, another big body for the trenches. Ravens want him back, but seem to value him less than I expect the rest of the league to.

Sam Shields, not 100% sure he'll play again. But if he does, he'll come cheap, and the Saints seem like a team to take a flier.

Sean Spence, solid LB depth, and a hedge if Stephone Anthony doesn't show something.

12. Cleveland= DeShaun Watson, one of the picks in the Wentz deal becomes a QB. Watson is small, but has a lot of positive traits. I think he could be a more mobile Dalton for Hue.

13. Arizona= Antonio Garcia, the best OT prospect in the draft in my eyes. Arians has been talking about shaking up the o-line, and this would greatly help do it.

Chandler Jones, they didn't trade a 2nd rounder just for 1 year of a great player.

Calais Campbell, too good to let go, Cards know they are in their window.

Tony Jefferson, boring offseason for Cards as they just re-sign their own guys.

14. Philadelphia= Tim Williams, some see him as a one trick pony, but I don't think that is the case. Paired up with Brandon Graham, Eagles could have a fierce pass rush.

Brian Quick, Eagles fans want a big splash at WR, but I think they'd be better off bargain shopping. Quick was in a bad offense but has good size/speed.

Leonard Johnson, CB depth has been a huge need for the since Reid left. 

Jaquizz Rodgers= I expect Ryan Mathews to be cut, Rodgers is versatile and was Tampa Bay's best RB last year. He, Smallwood and Sproles form a dangerous and solid RBBC.

15. Indianapolis= Dalvin Cook, considered him for Philly, but liked Williams more. Colts get an heir apparent for Gore, who will work with him in 2017.

Zach Brown, unsure of his fit in Buffalo's new defense, he bolts for Indy as a rangy LB the colts have lacked since...Cato June?

Brandon Carr, almost certain to be too expensive for Dallas to keep, Indy gets a solid CB opposite Vontae Davis.

Ryan Clady, has had health issues, but if he can stay healthy, could give Indy a solid RT, and help keep Luck upright.

16. Baltimore= Takkarist McKinley, wants Cleveland to take him, I think old Cleveland will. Ravens need youth at OLB, I think Dumervil may accept a pay cut, but he and Suggs are both well over 30.

Rick Wagner, they haven't really been trying hard to re-sign him yet, but I think that will change in the next 2 weeks. Good OT's don't grow on trees.

Robert Woods, Smiff's retirement creates a hole at WR, I think the Ravens want Perriman to fill it, but can't commit 100% to that. Woods is a worthwhile signing as a 2/3 WR who may have been underused in Buffalo.

Kayvon Webster, buried in Denver, but many scouts believe he's an NFL starter. Feels like a Ravens move to get an under the radar starter on the cheap.

17. Washington= Malik McDowell, Chris Baker likely walks, and McDowell is likely a better player anyway. Redskins continue to rebuild their defense.

Kirk Cousins, he's not going anywhere. 

Bradley McDougald, solid young safety, who i don't think is in Tampa's plans. This is a steal for Washington.

Kenny Britt, I think they want more size at WR, and Britt has it, he might also be cheaper than D-Jax or Garcon and could be better than both.

18. Tennessee= Mike Williams, solid jump ball WR with good hands, gives Mariota a redzone threat at the very least.

19. Tampa Bay= Haason Reddick, bit of a darkhorse pick, as some are unsure if he a DE or a LB, Tampa would likely see him as a DE, either way, he makes plays.

Barry Church, Bucs get a hard hitting tone setter for the secondary, which is what I think they'd prefer.

Michael Floyd, cheap option with upside opposite Evans. If he can be a slighty better Terrance Williams, he's worth it to Tampa, with Humphries and Brate as Beasley and Witten like weapons.

Latavius Murray, I have no idea what to expect with Doug Martin, he could be starting, benched, or cut. I think they wash their hands of him, and give Murray a look. 

20. Denver= DeShone Kizer, This is probably the most controversial idea. I think Denver has very few holes, Lynch and Siemian are both question marks, and they have made it clear they don't want to give a big contract to a veteran. Drafting Kizer, plus, Lynch and Siemian is still cheaper than signing a guy like Romo would be, and you get 4-5 years of play. I think the 3 compete for the job, and if at least 1 hits, Denver still maintains some very interesting trade assets.

Matt Kalil, has had health issues and seems to have regressed after a strong start to his career. Still, he's an upgrade at RT, and maybe left though I think Okung sticks.

Jonathan Hankins, Denver's run defense took a step back, adding a massive 24 year old run stuffer can only help.

Jared Cook, I think Green Bay would like to keep him, but I think they send their money elsewhere. Cook gives Denver someone in the middle of the field.

21. Detroit= Derek Barnett, probably should go higher than this, but will likely test poorly at the combine. Detroit will be thrilled to get him here. 

Riley Reiff, the Lions o-line has too many question marks to let a solid RT go.

Kendall Wright, I think Boldin is gone, and Wright gives them a faster option in the slot, Wright could be the sleeper WR of free agency as a former 1st rounder who has looked very good when healthy, and whenever he's had good QB play.

Captain Munnerlyn, Lions could use another CB, and know first hand how good Munnerlyn can be. Still only 28.

22. Miami= David Njoku, is considered to have elite upside. Has excellent speed for the position. Adam Gase got huge years out of Julius Thomas, and a top TE could do wonders for Tannehill.

JC Tretter, always kind of buried in Green Bay, can play C or G, and gives Miami a lot of o-line options.

Nick Perry, I know Joe Philbin is gone, but these ex-Packers just fit. Mario Williams is a lock to be gone, and frankly may wash out of the NFL, unless he accepts a drastic reduction in salary. Perry has been solid when healthy, and should be an upgrade.

Manti Te'o, has been effective at times, but also injury prone. I think he's a solid, cheap investment, much like Kiko Alonso was last season.

23. New York Giants= Cam Robinson, projects as a starter at T or G according to some. Giants need help at both spots, so this is a solid value.

Jason Pierre-Paul, can't see him getting way, he's a leader of the defense and still only 28.

Danny Woodhead, I think the Giants want to be a RBBC, he does a lot of the same things Vereen does, but Vereen has had lots of trouble staying healthy, so has Woodhead, but that will keep his price tag down. A Perkins/Woodhead/Vereen trio could be dangerous.

Colin Kaepernick, a high upside QB on the cheap, who is a backup QB upgrade, and maybe a potential starter if Eli goes off the rails.

24. Oakland= Quincy Wilson, another CB for Oakland behind Smith and Amerson, with potential to replace either as soon as 2018. 

Kevin Minter, a rangier player than Perry Riley, while also being 2 years younger. 

Rex Burkhead, everything I've read suggests then NFL values him a lot higher than the Bengals ever did. He forms a solid RBBC with Richard and Washington.

Ted Ginn, Seth Roberts has flopped as a 3rd WR, and Carolina likely wants to get more snaps for Funchess. Ginn fits as a 3rd WR, pushing Crabtree to the slot in 3-wide sets.

25. Houston= OJ Howard, could go higher than this, he's a much greater talent than Fiedorowicz, and Osweiler seems likely to get another shot, and seems most comfortable throwing in the middle of the field.

Menelik Watson, Derek Newton's injury is career threatening, so an OT is needed. Watson is solid, and may be cheaper know that Beachum and Clady are on the market.

Dontari Poe, the Texans big ticket item. KC likely has to choose between him and Berry and that isn't a hard choice, Chiefs loss is Texans gain, as Poe is a perfect replacement for Wilfork.

AJ Bouye, Possibly the biggest breakout player of 2016, I can't see Houston letting him walk.

26. Seattle= Ryan Ramczyk, everybody knows Seattle's biggest weakness is the o-line. Still, I expect the draft to fall perfectly for them.

Prince Amukamara, Shead's injury makes this a bigger need than it would have been. Lane is a 3rd CB, so a starter is needed.

Malcom Smith, welcoming back the Super Bowl MVP at a fraction of the price Oakland paid for him.

John Sullivan, a favorite of their OC, he's cheap interior depth, who can start in a pinch.

27. Kansas City= Raekwon McMillian, they need to develop an heir apparent for Derrick Johnson. McMillian has great talent but is a little rough around the edges, so paring him with Johnson for a year or 2 could really help that transition.

Eric Berry, he's not going anywhere.

Chris Baker, he doesn't replace Poe, but he contributes.

Leodis McKelvin, cheap option at CB, who could potentially start if need be.

28. Dallas= Charles Harris, Dallas could not be happier with this pick. He could go much higher, but the pass rushers are so plentiful this year.

JJ Wilcox, I think he's brought back and inserted into the lineup in Church's old spot.

Brice Butler, I think he has more upside than Williams had, and should be cheap to retain.

Gerald Hodges, the 49ers chose Ray-Ray over him, but he's a solid LB who can play any LB position.

29. Green Bay= Sidney Jones, Sam Shields injury woes, the loss of Casey Heyward, and slow development of Randall and Rollins makes CB still a need for them. Jones has great ball skills, but sometimes gets caught gambling.

TJ Lang, should be Green Bay's #1 priority especially after dumping Sitton last year.

Jaball Sheard, I think New England lets him go, and he's a better player than Nick Perry is, I think Ted Thompson pulls the trigger after being seemingly called out by McCarthy about not making enough FA moves.

Jamaal Charles, I think the Chiefs let him go. If you look at Thompson's history, he rarely makes FA moves, but when he does, its usually been All-Pro players conisdered to be on the downswing of their careers. Charles Woodson and Julius Peppers both fit that mold, and so does Charles. I think he and Montgomery could be a very dangerous combo.

30. Pittsburgh= John Ross, I think he's a better prospect than Will Fuller was last year. I know the Steelers don't usually draft WR's in round 1, bit their need is bigger than its been in almost 20 years. Antonio Brown is the only sure thing the have at WR, Martavis Bryant is a 100% question mark to be back in the NFL, Coates has looked inconsistent at best, and Rogers isn't a starter.

Lawrence Timmons, I think they work out a deal here. Timmons is a defensive leader and is still playing at a high level, if not as well as he did 2-3 years ago.

Darius Butler, cheap CB depth, who cold push William Gay to the bench.

Le'Veon Bell, he's not going anywhere.

31. Atlanta= Carl Lawson, Dwight Freeney had a great playoff run, but I would think they'd prefer a younger option opposite Beasley.  If not for several injuries, and the insane pass rusher depth, Lawson might be considered a top-10 pick.

Patrick DiMarco, he's arguably the most important fullback in the NFL, and is a huge part of what Atlanta does on offense. Dan Quinn has promised the offense won't change with Shanahan gone, and that means re-signing DiMarco has to be a priority.

AQ Shipley, solid interior depth, who could push Chris Chester for a job.

Jack Doyle, the Falcons run a lot of 2-TE sets and Toilolo and Tamme are both FA's, Doyle is better than either of them, and could fair a tough to stop combo with Hooper.

32. New England= Jaleel Johnson, feels like a great fit here. He's a high motor DL, with versatility.

Martellus Bennett, I think he stays with New England, possibly for a lot cheaper than you'd think. in interviews he's always been very vocal about how much he cares about the quality of his QB, and there aren't many guys on Brady's level.

Dont'a Hightower, seems like they get a deal done, I'm surprised it hasn't happened already, as that was the immediate thought the second they traded Collins.

Logan Ryan, the Patriots have an abundance of cap room, so I think the can get Ryan and Butler signed long term.

Los Angeles Rams

Kelvin Beachum, they need a LT as bad as anyone. Greg Robinson has been as bad a pick as any in Rams history.

Pierre Garcon, I think he'd be happy to follow the new head coach from Washington, and strikes me as both more likely to, and cheaper than D-Jax would be.

Trumaine Johnson, I know there has been a bit of an attitude to purge much of the Jeff Fisher guys, but Johnson is their best CB, and they can't afford to lose him and Jenkins in back to back years.

Jonathan Cyprien, I think he'd be an upgrade from McDonald, and I think he brings a little more in the coverage department.

Minnesota

Mike Remmers, the Vikings don't have a ton of cap space, and likely will be bargain shopping. Remmers was a solid RT in Carolina whenever he wasn't facing Von Miller.

Chris Ivory, I think the Jags let him go, when they sign Lacy. Ivory fits well as a power complement to Jerick McKinnon who I think could be solid starter with better blocking. McKinnon seemed to play much better when Norv stepped down.

Sio Moore, a cheap-ish replacement for Chad Greenway, who I assume is going to retire. Moore has good range and is better in coverage than Lamur, who is currently in Greenway's spot.

Terrance Newman, I don't think he wants to play for anyone other than Zimmer. Week 16 oddness aside, this seems like an obvious move, especially with Munnerlyn walking.

Wow that's a lot. Good work. This took some time and thought, I envy your spare time. 

Green Bay is my team so I'll stick with them

I don't see Perry leaving Green Bay. Ted can't let that happen. 
#1 priority isn't necessarily signing Lang. It's Cook. You say it's a top priority because they let Sitton go. That move turned out to be genius. I do believe they will invest in Lang but I don't see it as make or break for GB to do this. They have decent depth at OL and Ted can draft OL fairly decently as long as he doesn't pick them round 1. 

Jamal Charles is a very interesting option. I've been in the camp of GB will bring Lacy back on a "prove it" 1-2 year deal. But if a team likes him more he would walk and I could see GB bringing in a vet like Charles. I don't see Lacy on your FA list, so I'm curious where you think he might end up? I am suspicious of Jacksonville or maybe even Minnesota.

If GB is on the clock and Desmond King is available I don't see them passing on him. If they did I'd be quite upset. He's ready to start day 1 and will be a very very good CB. Jones... he's a project. So that kind of screams Ted Thompson but I would hope King would be the best player available. Another option is TJ Watt possibly, he is climbing up draft boards it seems 

Last edited by a moderator:
Dr. Brew said:
Wow that's a lot. Good work. This took some time and thought, I envy your spare time. 

Green Bay is my team so I'll stick with them

I don't see Perry leaving Green Bay. Ted can't let that happen. 
#1 priority isn't necessarily signing Lang. It's Cook. You say it's a top priority because they let Sitton go. That move turned out to be genius. I do believe they will invest in Lang but I don't see it as make or break for GB to do this. They have decent depth at OL and Ted can draft OL fairly decently as long as he doesn't pick them round 1. 

Jamal Charles is a very interesting option. I've been in the camp of GB will bring Lacy back on a "prove it" 1-2 year deal. But if a team likes him more he would walk and I could see GB bringing in a vet like Charles. I don't see Lacy on your FA list, so I'm curious where you think he might end up? I am suspicious of Jacksonville or maybe even Minnesota.

If GB is on the clock and Desmond King is available I don't see them passing on him. If they did I'd be quite upset. He's ready to start day 1 and will be a very very good CB. Jones... he's a project. So that kind of screams Ted Thompson but I would hope King would be the best player available. Another option is TJ Watt possibly, he is climbing up draft boards it seems 
Thanks.

Was letting Sitton go a great move? I mean, they still had a good o-line but its not like Chicago regrets signing him, he still played at a pro bowl level. If Lang goes, and Tretter goes, what does the interior of the line look like? Linsley, Taylor(who is probably their weakest starter right now) and a rookie? Do Spriggs or Bulaga slide in?

I had Lacy in Jacksonville. I'd be kinda surprised if he were available on a 1 year "prove it" type of deal, he's a former pro bowl player, in his prime age wise.

King is an option too. I like Jones upside more, and feel King falls into a similar talent level as the guys they already have. Not that those guys stink by any means, but I don't think they, or King, have true #1 CB upside. Don't disagree that King is likely more ready day 1.

I kinda feel like if TJ Watt was named TJ Baker, or something like that, he wouldn't be getting talked about any higher than mid-to-late round 2. Basically, he's kind of got the reverse Derek Carr thing happening.

Thanks.

Was letting Sitton go a great move? I mean, they still had a good o-line but its not like Chicago regrets signing him, he still played at a pro bowl level. If Lang goes, and Tretter goes, what does the interior of the line look like? Linsley, Taylor(who is probably their weakest starter right now) and a rookie? Do Spriggs or Bulaga slide in?

I had Lacy in Jacksonville. I'd be kinda surprised if he were available on a 1 year "prove it" type of deal, he's a former pro bowl player, in his prime age wise.

King is an option too. I like Jones upside more, and feel King falls into a similar talent level as the guys they already have. Not that those guys stink by any means, but I don't think they, or King, have true #1 CB upside. Don't disagree that King is likely more ready day 1.

I kinda feel like if TJ Watt was named TJ Baker, or something like that, he wouldn't be getting talked about any higher than mid-to-late round 2. Basically, he's kind of got the reverse Derek Carr thing happening.
They freed up a lot of cap space and got equal production from Lane Taylor. Not necessarily probowl level but he didn't make mistakes. OL wasn't really their weak point this season. If anything it was the strongest part of their overall game aside from QB play. At least 9 out of 10 GB fans will tell you that that was a great move. That and releasing our punter Masthay for a rather unknown in Schum. Both were done at about the same time and many Pack fans were wondering what the heck was going on. Sitton had some rumors of being a locker room problem as well. Won't get into that because it's not verified and not my place. 

Tretter is a must resign. Lang might be let go. The idea is that Spriggs or Bulaga could slide into that role I believe. I would expect GB to draft an OL somewhere round 3-5. They seem to do well drafting OL there

Link for Lacy : " Green Bay Packers impending free-agent running back Eddie Lacy is unlikely to have a robust market for his services in free agency, as teams are aware of his weight problems. He's also coming off an ankle injury that needed surgery and caused him to miss 11 games in 2016. There's a good chance he'll have to settle for a one-year deal to prove he's healthy and can stay in good shape. One agent guessed Lacy could fetch a deal worth roughly $2 million plus incentives.  "

Let's be honest.... the guys they have at CB are dreadful. An UDFA would probably be better than Randall. Rollins has potential but he should be better than he is. 

And I agree that Watt is rising because of his name. I would be thrilled for GB to grab him round 2, he would be a great talent for any team round 2. 

Regarding Cook, Rodgers and McCarthy both credit Cook with the offensive resurgence that led to their winning streak. I really don't see him going away. He recently wrote an article that talked about how much he loved playing in GB for a good QB and with a culture/fans as GB has. He seemed to truly enjoy his year in GB and I think he truly wants to stay. I could see him taking less money to do so in all honesty. I think he is Ted Thompson's #1 priority, possibly #2 behind Perry. I think Perry is resigned the first day they can negotiate. Who knows, Perry might out price himself. I can see that happening too

Not looking to get into a heated debate. I enjoy seeing other opinions and it helps me formulate my own better. I just like this kind of discussion and trying to explain where I'm coming from. 

Good stuff.  It's always fun to read these when the op did his homework and thought about his conclusions. 

I'll add one that's not particularly throughly analyzed but more of a gut call - the starting qb for the Browns, for at least half the season, is cody Kessler 

Good stuff.  It's always fun to read these when the op did his homework and thought about his conclusions. 

I'll add one that's not particularly throughly analyzed but more of a gut call - the starting qb for the Browns, for at least half the season, is cody Kessler 
Thanks

I like Kessler quite a bit, and thought he was BY FAR the Browns best QB last season. He kinda reminds me of Kevin Kolb, where he looks ok most of the time, then makes a couple really nice plays, then right when he's getting hot, he guts hurt. Hopefully his career goes better than Kolb's did, but it sure seemed like the Browns coaching staff got tired of that routine, even deciding to roll with RG3 instead down the stretch. 

I can tell you with almost one hundred percent assurance the Eagles will not go D-line in the first round. By far their biggest needs are at WR and defensive back.

I can tell you with almost one hundred percent assurance the Eagles will not go D-line in the first round. By far their biggest needs are at WR and defensive back.
I think they'd like to get a CB in the draft, but they kind of pick in man's land, where unless they absolutely fell in love with one guy, its kind of a reach to take a CB there, because the next 3-5 guys aren't all that different. Wilson, Jones, Tabor, King how do you take any of them in the top-15? Maybe Philly is a trade down candidate?

Do you think they'd take a WR in round 1? Between Wentz, Matthews, Agholor, DGB, that is a whole lot of inexperience. I mean when 24 year old Jordan Matthews is the veteran of a group, that is a young group. That was one of the reason I had Quick ending up there. A guy who is still young but has been in the league for many years.

I think they'd like to get a CB in the draft, but they kind of pick in man's land, where unless they absolutely fell in love with one guy, its kind of a reach to take a CB there, because the next 3-5 guys aren't all that different. Wilson, Jones, Tabor, King how do you take any of them in the top-15? Maybe Philly is a trade down candidate?

Do you think they'd take a WR in round 1? Between Wentz, Matthews, Agholor, DGB, that is a whole lot of inexperience. I mean when 24 year old Jordan Matthews is the veteran of a group, that is a young group. That was one of the reason I had Quick ending up there. A guy who is still young but has been in the league for many years.
If Davis or Williams is available I would bet they would take him. Of course if they were to grab Alshon that could change things and they would probably go DB in my opinion.

Love the write up...great contribution. Also love the Detroit piece. Barnett would be a great pick at that spot and I think Wright could be one of the best FA bargains on the market. As far a Reiff goes it will depend on the asking price. Any secondary help will be welcomed with open arms. We need some athleticism at the LB spot something fierce and that will have to be a priority. 

Love the write up...great contribution. Also love the Detroit piece. Barnett would be a great pick at that spot and I think Wright could be one of the best FA bargains on the market. As far a Reiff goes it will depend on the asking price. Any secondary help will be welcomed with open arms. We need some athleticism at the LB spot something fierce and that will have to be a priority. 
Thanks.

I think the recent additions of Beachum and Clady will make Reiff a little more affordable, even though I think he's better than both of those guys. I considered a LB, but I think they are still putting  lot of stock into a healthy DeAndre Levy, potentially elevating the group, can't sure for sure if that version of Levy still exists, but the fact there hasn't really been any chatter about a pay cut for him, suggests to me that they still view him as an elite player.

Great read. Thanks

Interesting thoughts with Denver. I hadn't thought of that route, but I can only see them going OL or DL in the 1st round. Would be happy to add Kalil and Hankins at the right prices.

Great read. Thanks

Interesting thoughts with Denver. I hadn't thought of that route, but I can only see them going OL or DL in the 1st round.
Thank you

I thought Hankins and Kalil were such great fits for Denver that when I did the draft part, I just went BPA and Kizer happened to be the guy. Then after looking at salaries and contract options with a 20th pick and Lynch, it seemed like an amazing idea. It is probably extremely unlikely, but with Elway, you never know, he's a very creative and excellent GM. Its probably blasphemous to say, but I think years from now, its possible he's looked at as a better GM than player.

Love these but....

Ron Leary isn't a "GREAT" run blocker. 

Barry Church isn't a "hard hitting" safety, more of a cover guy. 

Brice Butler is a knucklehead and I'm not sure he'll be brough back. 

Good thoughts.

The Texans have a good up and coming nose tacke in DJ Reeder. They can't afford to add significant significant cap dollars to the defensive line, especially if they want to keep Bouye and possibly get a replacement for Osweiller.

Thanks for the effort @travdogg. Personally I think they resign warford over reiff, I don't think reiff liked losing his left tackle job and will not consider resigning in Detroit unless he realizes that he likely won't get a big left tackle payday. Would like to revamp the wr core behind Tate/jones, and bob Quinn will likely do that bargain shopping. Like wright just fine, but a lanky speedster like marques Wilson could be a good fit. Andre Holmes, Kenny Britt, maybe Floyd, all could be nice bargain fits. 

Thank you for not adding a rb, I think they move forward with what they have and build the oline/defense in fa and draft. One splash signing (please Eric berry) and some bargain pieces to battle for the open jobs. Finding a decent backup te should also be a priority. 

Man, you ruined a lot of top FF prospects.

Corey Davis sent to Siberia.
OJ Howard has a worse QB than he had in college
Fournette gets Paytoned.
Njoku is stuck with Tannehill.

As a Steelers fan I'd be ok with the pick. I know a lot of fans don't see WR as a need since we have Bryant and Brown, but if either gets injured we're SOL.  Ross is very talented and could stretch the field which allows for more room for Brown and Bell underneath.  I don't think they'll go WR in the first, but it's nice to see a different choice.  Seen a lot of Reddick, Taco, Takkarist, Tight Ends, or CBs.  I've said I wouldn't be shocked no matter what position they go with because they have a lot of spots that could use upgrading, but not many spots that are 100% devoid of talent (except ILB if we don't resign Timmons).  Upgrades could be used all over the defense, so I'd assume that's where they pick.

Also, I really hope Fournette doesn't go to NO since I have pick 1.01 in a dynasty league.

I see Steelers going D. Bryant should be reinstated before the draft. Seems to have his head on straight, he's now ####### huge and Eli Rogers will be a solid #3 in the slot.

Love these but....

Ron Leary isn't a "GREAT" run blocker. 

Barry Church isn't a "hard hitting" safety, more of a cover guy. 

Brice Butler is a knucklehead and I'm not sure he'll be brough back. 
According to PFF, Leary was a top-10 run blocker in the NFL last year. Granted, he was behind Frederick and Martin, but top-10 in a position that starts 64 guys between 2 sides qualifies as great doesn't it?

Is Church a cover guy? He's been among the top tacklers among defensive backs each of the last 4 years.

Butler was mostly a cheap guy, who knows the offense. I think he's better than Terrance Williams, or at least has a ton more upside, and is a fraction of the price. Ultimately, I think its likely that Cole Beasley takes on a bigger role next year.

Good thoughts.

The Texans have a good up and coming nose tacke in DJ Reeder. They can't afford to add significant significant cap dollars to the defensive line, especially if they want to keep Bouye and possibly get a replacement for Osweiller.
Thanks

I'm about as far from Houston as possible, so maybe the local media has said something different, but the last national media thing I heard was either the GM or the owner, saying they were still 100% confident in Osweiler, and the plan was to stick with him and Savage as their top 2 QBs, and add a rookie at some point. I was also dot connecting with Poe, since Crennel coached him in KC, and Vrabel played with a lot of the same guys Poe did.

Thanks for the effort @travdogg. Personally I think they resign warford over reiff, I don't think reiff liked losing his left tackle job and will not consider resigning in Detroit unless he realizes that he likely won't get a big left tackle payday. Would like to revamp the wr core behind Tate/jones, and bob Quinn will likely do that bargain shopping. Like wright just fine, but a lanky speedster like marques Wilson could be a good fit. Andre Holmes, Kenny Britt, maybe Floyd, all could be nice bargain fits. 

Thank you for not adding a rb, I think they move forward with what they have and build the oline/defense in fa and draft. One splash signing (please Eric berry) and some bargain pieces to battle for the open jobs. Finding a decent backup te should also be a priority. 
Thank you

Its possible Reiff gets a big deal to be a LT, but with Beachem, Clady and likely Brandon Albert finding new homes, I'm not sure there is a spot for him, as those guys can all be attained right now. Also, I think Detroit would be more comfortable starting Glasgow at LG, than Lucas at RT. 

At WR, it came down to Wright or Floyd, and just figured Wright was a better slot fit, and isn't in trouble with the law. I think Britt is going to get a pretty good sized contract. I'm a Bears fan myself, and think I Wilson has a lot of potential, but his lankiness may be his biggest problem, he seems to always be nursing something in between his major injuries. He may need to add 20 pounds or so, but who knows how that would effect his play.

Really don't see why so many people view RB as a need. Abdullah has been solid when healthy, Riddick is an elite 3rd down back, and Zenner has shown signs of being a solid RB. Sucks for fantasy football, but is certainly just fine for the Lions.

Didn't view it as a big enough need to list, but I agree a backup TE should be something they look for. Somebody along the Jermaine Gresham lines, or possibly Ben Watson if the Ravens cut him.

Man, you ruined a lot of top FF prospects.

Corey Davis sent to Siberia.
OJ Howard has a worse QB than he had in college
Fournette gets Paytoned.
Njoku is stuck with Tannehill.
If Romo is in Buffalo, I don't think it'd be looked at as a bad landing spot for Davis at all. Not sure getting stuck with Tannehill would be a bad thing either for Njoku. Agree it wouldn't be the best landing spot for Fournette from a fantasy perspective, but those things happen. 

As a Steelers fan I'd be ok with the pick. I know a lot of fans don't see WR as a need since we have Bryant and Brown, but if either gets injured we're SOL.  Ross is very talented and could stretch the field which allows for more room for Brown and Bell underneath.  I don't think they'll go WR in the first, but it's nice to see a different choice.  Seen a lot of Reddick, Taco, Takkarist, Tight Ends, or CBs.  I've said I wouldn't be shocked no matter what position they go with because they have a lot of spots that could use upgrading, but not many spots that are 100% devoid of talent (except ILB if we don't resign Timmons).  Upgrades could be used all over the defense, so I'd assume that's where they pick.

Also, I really hope Fournette doesn't go to NO since I have pick 1.01 in a dynasty league.
I'm not under the impression Bryant is any lock to be back. It'd be nice, the Steelers are kind of my AFC team I root for, but Goodell has been dragging his feet on reinstating a lot of guys. Even if he does come back, I can't imagine Pittsburgh can count on him to stay on the field. I think they target defense heavily in the draft, but I feel WR is their biggest need as a team. 

If I have this right, I would think Cook is a no-brainer at 1.1. Frankly, from a fantasy potential perspective I think he's a better prospect than Fournette anyway due to his superior receiving ability.

I'm not under the impression Bryant is any lock to be back. It'd be nice, the Steelers are kind of my AFC team I root for, but Goodell has been dragging his feet on reinstating a lot of guys. Even if he does come back, I can't imagine Pittsburgh can count on him to stay on the field. I think they target defense heavily in the draft, but I feel WR is their biggest need as a team. 
Good work on all of this.

Martavis Bryant should be considered as much of a lock to play next season as Josh Gordon. No more, no less. Which means, as every report we've heard on him from Steelers and beat writers, is what you said which is he is not a lock but take it a step further I 100% believe the team is planning as if they won't have him.  I think they are operating like he's a bonus if he makes it back.

That being said I don't think they'd move on Ross over defense in round one. I know Ross was a statistically dominant red zone player last year but not sure that translates to the NFL and that's their major offensive problem. I think they'd like more size at the WR instead of lining up 3 smurfs in Brown, Ross and Eli. They do likely add a WR in the draft but no team drafts WR's better in the mid to late rounds.

travdogg nice work on this and thanks for sharing. Also thanks for not forgetting about the Vikings even though they don't have a 1st round pick. I will respond about that team, as it the one I am most familiar with.

I like that you had Matt Kalil going to the Broncos, reminds me of when ZImmerman went there as a free agent except that Zimmerman was actually good.

Minnesota

Mike Remmers, the Vikings don't have a ton of cap space, and likely will be bargain shopping. Remmers was a solid RT in Carolina whenever he wasn't facing Von Miller.

Chris Ivory, I think the Jags let him go, when they sign Lacy. Ivory fits well as a power complement to Jerick McKinnon who I think could be solid starter with better blocking. McKinnon seemed to play much better when Norv stepped down.

Sio Moore, a cheap-ish replacement for Chad Greenway, who I assume is going to retire. Moore has good range and is better in coverage than Lamur, who is currently in Greenway's spot.

Terrance Newman, I don't think he wants to play for anyone other than Zimmer. Week 16 oddness aside, this seems like an obvious move, especially with Munnerlyn walking.
I don't have much of an opinion of Mike Remmers, thanks for mentioning him as another option I hadn't considered. I definitely think the Vikings are in the market for free agent offensive linemen and will kick a lot of tires. They added two last season and I wouldn't be surprised if they sign two again, or possibly more. Recently the Vikings cut RG Brandin Fusco which cleared $3.2 million in cap space and they are going to save a lot of money once they do something regarding Petersons contract. The free agent market for tackles is not very strong, which makes bringing back Kalil one of the best realistic choices at that position this year, the Broncos a better team and Kalil has his choice, I can see it turning out that way.

Rick Spielman has stated and shown that he will not go after free agents nearing the end of their careers, so I do not think Ivory is a player they would consider. Part of the reason they might be looking for a power RB like Ivory is because Matt Asiata (who the VIkings do really like) is getting older. The Vikings usually target free agents who are looking for their second contracts and can be contributors for longer than that. Examples would be Captain Munnerlyn, Linval Joseph, 

While I would love to see the Vikings add Sio Moore it seems unlikely he will be available cheap.Teams need LB who can cover. The Bears and Lions both call offensive plays to try to force the Vikings to play base defense instead of their nickle specifically so they can pick on Chad Greenway, so you are right the Vikings do need to improve their 3rd LB spot as more teams will likely try to do this if they don't. Landing Moore seems like a very good solution and young enough to contribute for awhile as well. This is better than I am expecting the solution to be.

I completely agree with you about Newman. I think he is back and with the way the Vikings have drafted corners recently it seems unlikely they retain Munnerlyn, instead allocating that money towards positions of greater need.

Thanks

I'm about as far from Houston as possible, so maybe the local media has said something different, but the last national media thing I heard was either the GM or the owner, saying they were still 100% confident in Osweiler, and the plan was to stick with him and Savage as their top 2 QBs, and add a rookie at some point. I was also dot connecting with Poe, since Crennel coached him in KC, and Vrabel played with a lot of the same guys Poe did.
No, I am not saying they wouldn't want Poe, just that with Watt and Clowney's contract's, they can't afford another big contract on the d-line. And Reeder really has potential to be pretty good.

As for QB, yes, I would not be surprised if Texans ownership decided to just drafted a QB to add to the Osweiller/Savage mix. However, you would then be entering year 4 of Fitzgerald/Hoyer/Osweiller/Savage/Rookie QB at the QB position in years you had very good defenses. The first 3 years that has led to 3 9-7 seasons. Watt and Clowney are not getting any younger and their injury risk probably increases with every season. While Texans fans have been very loyal in supporting this franchise for it's first 15 years, at some point their patience will run out. 

Thank you

Its possible Reiff gets a big deal to be a LT, but with Beachem, Clady and likely Brandon Albert finding new homes, I'm not sure there is a spot for him, as those guys can all be attained right now. Also, I think Detroit would be more comfortable starting Glasgow at LG, than Lucas at RT. 

At WR, it came down to Wright or Floyd, and just figured Wright was a better slot fit, and isn't in trouble with the law. I think Britt is going to get a pretty good sized contract. I'm a Bears fan myself, and think I Wilson has a lot of potential, but his lankiness may be his biggest problem, he seems to always be nursing something in between his major injuries. He may need to add 20 pounds or so, but who knows how that would effect his play.

Really don't see why so many people view RB as a need. Abdullah has been solid when healthy, Riddick is an elite 3rd down back, and Zenner has shown signs of being a solid RB. Sucks for fantasy football, but is certainly just fine for the Lions.

Didn't view it as a big enough need to list, but I agree a backup TE should be something they look for. Somebody along the Jermaine Gresham lines, or possibly Ben Watson if the Ravens cut him.
While the LT market has improved, I just get that feeling that reiff wants to move on. One thing seems certain: they can't keep both reiff or Warford. I think at wr we either need someone with size for the red zone or someone to take the top off the defense. 3wr sets Tate can kick in to the slot, to me he's most dangerous there. 

Thank you

I agree 100% about Britt. 

I am 50/50 on the Lions needing a RB. Yes, Zenner came on last year which probably shifted me more toward "no" on the RB situation. However, I think if the Lions had a true 3 down back last year they probably take the division and likely get to the conference semifinals. 

Abdullah has been solid when healthy but he's never healthy and isn't a 3 down back. Zenner showed some life and I think he's why they don't grab a RB. Riddick is Riddick, good receiving back. When you look at how deep this draft is and the fact that a franchise RB may very well be had in rounds 4-5, if you don't have one on your team for sure you have to be considering one. It's a reason I am shifting my thoughts on GB and Lacy. I think even if they bring him back they draft a RB in round 3-5 and likely find a huge talent at that spot. 

I honestly feel like Detroit is a really good RB away from being a consistent threat in the NFC North. Their defense is very good. OL is average to above average. WRs are okay but you don't need super stars at WR to win these days. QB is average to above average. RB was their low point last year. 

travdogg nice work on this and thanks for sharing. Also thanks for not forgetting about the Vikings even though they don't have a 1st round pick. I will respond about that team, as it the one I am most familiar with.

I like that you had Matt Kalil going to the Broncos, reminds me of when ZImmerman went there as a free agent except that Zimmerman was actually good.

I don't have much of an opinion of Mike Remmers, thanks for mentioning him as another option I hadn't considered. I definitely think the Vikings are in the market for free agent offensive linemen and will kick a lot of tires. They added two last season and I wouldn't be surprised if they sign two again, or possibly more. Recently the Vikings cut RG Brandin Fusco which cleared $3.2 million in cap space and they are going to save a lot of money once they do something regarding Petersons contract. The free agent market for tackles is not very strong, which makes bringing back Kalil one of the best realistic choices at that position this year, the Broncos a better team and Kalil has his choice, I can see it turning out that way.

Rick Spielman has stated and shown that he will not go after free agents nearing the end of their careers, so I do not think Ivory is a player they would consider. Part of the reason they might be looking for a power RB like Ivory is because Matt Asiata (who the VIkings do really like) is getting older. The Vikings usually target free agents who are looking for their second contracts and can be contributors for longer than that. Examples would be Captain Munnerlyn, Linval Joseph, 

While I would love to see the Vikings add Sio Moore it seems unlikely he will be available cheap.Teams need LB who can cover. The Bears and Lions both call offensive plays to try to force the Vikings to play base defense instead of their nickle specifically so they can pick on Chad Greenway, so you are right the Vikings do need to improve their 3rd LB spot as more teams will likely try to do this if they don't. Landing Moore seems like a very good solution and young enough to contribute for awhile as well. This is better than I am expecting the solution to be.

I completely agree with you about Newman. I think he is back and with the way the Vikings have drafted corners recently it seems unlikely they retain Munnerlyn, instead allocating that money towards positions of greater need.
Thanks

Regarding RB, do you think its possible with the added cap space, and with this history of signing guys to their 2nd contracts, that the Vikings could be a player on Eddie Lacy? Lacy might even be cheaper now, than he looked a week ago, since it came out that he was fined repeatedly last season for weight issues.

Mike Remmers was a solid B- at RT for Carolina, but sort of got killed by the media because in Super Bowl 50 and week 1 last year, he gave up like 5 sacks to Von Miller, in 2 of the most watched games of the year. That said, if our bar for OT's is "can they shut down Von Miller?", I don't most teams would be happy with their OT's.

No, I am not saying they wouldn't want Poe, just that with Watt and Clowney's contract's, they can't afford another big contract on the d-line. And Reeder really has potential to be pretty good.

As for QB, yes, I would not be surprised if Texans ownership decided to just drafted a QB to add to the Osweiller/Savage mix. However, you would then be entering year 4 of Fitzgerald/Hoyer/Osweiller/Savage/Rookie QB at the QB position in years you had very good defenses. The first 3 years that has led to 3 9-7 seasons. Watt and Clowney are not getting any younger and their injury risk probably increases with every season. While Texans fans have been very loyal in supporting this franchise for it's first 15 years, at some point their patience will run out. 
The question is what could Houston do at QB then? I read somewhere, that they have to keep Osweiler, it would be a bigger cap hit to cut him than keep him, at least for 2017. Tyrod Taylor and Tony Romo are upgrades, but way out of their price range. Is trading for AJ McCarron an upgrade? Overpaying Mike Glennon? Would Kaepernick or Cutler be upgrades, or affordable? 

That is why i liked OJ Howard as their 1st rounder. Giving Osweiler better weaponry, is a lot easier than replacing Osweiler. If the offense can even slightly improve, i think Watt's return, a potential Poe addition and hopefully some more contribution from a healthy Kevin Johnson, could elevate the defense from very good, to possibly best in the NFL.

The idea of the Vikings adding Eddie Lacy has been kicked around a bit as one possibility for the Vikings. Personally I don't want them to sign Lacy because of some things I have read about Lacy not really caring about football. I don't think he would fit in with the culture Mike Zimmer wants. There is a history of the Vikings signing Packers and Bears players and I think a strategy of some teams and division rivals. Because they study the player so much in preparing to go against them, they have a better sense of how that player might fit with their team. I think it is also seen as an advantage to get that player off of division rivals team, if the team had trouble defending against them, which the Vikings certainly did have a lot of trouble with Greg Jennings prior to signing him. They have had problems stopping Lacy as well.

On the flip side of that Peterson could go to the Packers for some of the same reasons. Just seems unlikely to me as I don't see how he would fit in their offense, with what Rodgers wants to do. Lacy may actually be a better blocker and receiving option than Peterson is. I kind of think the Packers will keep Lacy, as he has at least shown some happiness about being a part of their community, even if he doesn't really care that much about football.

I agree 100% about Britt. 

I am 50/50 on the Lions needing a RB. Yes, Zenner came on last year which probably shifted me more toward "no" on the RB situation. However, I think if the Lions had a true 3 down back last year they probably take the division and likely get to the conference semifinals. 

Abdullah has been solid when healthy but he's never healthy and isn't a 3 down back. Zenner showed some life and I think he's why they don't grab a RB. Riddick is Riddick, good receiving back. When you look at how deep this draft is and the fact that a franchise RB may very well be had in rounds 4-5, if you don't have one on your team for sure you have to be considering one. It's a reason I am shifting my thoughts on GB and Lacy. I think even if they bring him back they draft a RB in round 3-5 and likely find a huge talent at that spot. 

I honestly feel like Detroit is a really good RB away from being a consistent threat in the NFC North. Their defense is very good. OL is average to above average. WRs are okay but you don't need super stars at WR to win these days. QB is average to above average. RB was their low point last year. 
I think if he can stay healthy, Abdullah might be that caliber of guy. I believe he was going to have a huge breakout season last year, and they likely would have won the division if he'd stayed healthy. Actually they might have won it anyway, if Stafford hadn't suffered that finger injury late in the season. 

The thing I like about Detroit's 3 RB's, i that they all win in different ways. Kind of like the Saints at the beginning of this decade when they had Ivory, Thomas and Sproles.

The question is what could Houston do at QB then? I read somewhere, that they have to keep Osweiler, it would be a bigger cap hit to cut him than keep him, at least for 2017. Tyrod Taylor and Tony Romo are upgrades, but way out of their price range. Is trading for AJ McCarron an upgrade? Overpaying Mike Glennon? Would Kaepernick or Cutler be upgrades, or affordable? 

That is why i liked OJ Howard as their 1st rounder. Giving Osweiler better weaponry, is a lot easier than replacing Osweiler. If the offense can even slightly improve, i think Watt's return, a potential Poe addition and hopefully some more contribution from a healthy Kevin Johnson, could elevate the defense from very good, to possibly best in the NFL.
They will keep Osweiller, it will be an additional $5 million cap hit if they cut him. If Dallas cuts Romo (which I think is likely due to their Cap situation) then Romo can go where he wants to which is supposedly Denver, KC, or Houston. To get that done, he will make his contract cap friendly. Houston can afford him. Someone like Taylor will not be affordable due to a much bigger market for him and teams that have a lot more cap space and Taylor looking to get his big payday. The other guys you list, I wouldn't really consider any of them.

Osweiller had good weapons this year and did very little with them. He turned Hopkins from elite into an average WR. Better weapons won't help him.

If i am running the Texans, I sign Romo and draft a future QB. If Romo stays healthy, great, you have made a significant improvement to your offense, and you are probably super bowl contenders. If he gets hurt, you are back to choosing among a Rookie QB and Osweiller which is what most people (including yourself) are suggesting they do now. BTW, if I draft a future QB, I cut Savage because not only has he not shown a whole lot in limited action, he can't stay healthy.

I think the only other alternative at QB that could potentially drastically improve their offense is trade for Garoppolo. While this would be affordable from a cap standpoint, The Patriots will probably be asking for too much in return from a draft standpoint. I wouldn't do it just because the sample size of Garoppolo's success is so small.

I think if he can stay healthy, Abdullah might be that caliber of guy. I believe he was going to have a huge breakout season last year, and they likely would have won the division if he'd stayed healthy. Actually they might have won it anyway, if Stafford hadn't suffered that finger injury late in the season. 

The thing I like about Detroit's 3 RB's, i that they all win in different ways. Kind of like the Saints at the beginning of this decade when they had Ivory, Thomas and Sproles.
I agree to some extent. I drafted Abdullah thinking the same as what you mentioned. I'll avoid that backfield at all costs now. It's a fantasy nightmare but it might be very effective next year as a unit. I do think they may stay away from a RB this year, but I wouldn't be surprised if they went after a big name early. 

The defense played well despite a lack of talent. I'm sorry I can't give credit to whoever posted this stat(can't remember the thread I read it in) but lions LBs didn't record a sack, FF, or int this year. Meanwhile Stafford had to routinely come back in the 4th quarter after the defense folded. While a improved run game would help that, defensive talent would help more. Maybe they take a shot in the 4-5 rd, but I think there are many more priorities that need to be addressed. Oline has historically been an issue since the 90s, and has made strides in the right direction but may lose 2 guys to fa. Secondary needs another playmaker. Heading in the right direction for a change though. 

Cross Njoku off the Dolphins wish list. They just rraded for J. Thomas. That's a relief.

Users who are viewing this thread