What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2017 Streaming Defenses (1 Viewer)

Sitting here with NE but really starting to consider Wash for this week.  With Dallas barely scoring and the injuries to their oline, I have to think Wash will play tough in defense. I can see Kerrigan with a couple of sacks and maybe an int from Norman. Really considering the switch.

With that said, I already have Cousins, Perine, and Crowder going tonight, so isn't there something like too many eggs in one basket?

Thoughts?
Tyron, La’el and Zack are all starting this week. For how long who knows. 

Been fortunate to roll Balt D out each week but week 14 is against Pittsburgh. Picked up Buffalo D vs Indy and rolling the dice. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Insein said:
Glad I avoided Washington. Figures Dallas rights the ship.
I didnt watch the game.. was it Washington sucking or Dallas playing well?

I picked them up for playoff matchups.. no injuries or anything right?

I hate my options this week.

Balt against Det: probably worth close to 3 sacks, but Stafford doesn't throw any picks. I prefer a QB prone to turnovers.

I picked up Denver last week to face Miami (and Cleveland next week): Probably 2 sacks (That's about what Denver gets and Miami gives up). No matter how charitable how Cutler can be, Denver only gets about half an INT per game.  Yikes.

There really isn't much on the WW. GB against TB is probably the best option and that's pretty dicey. TB doesn't give up a lot of sacks, but I think they are missing two lineman this week.

Balt against Det: probably worth close to 3 sacks, but Stafford doesn't throw any picks. I prefer a QB prone to turnovers.

I picked up Denver last week to face Miami (and Cleveland next week): Probably 2 sacks (That's about what Denver gets and Miami gives up). No matter how charitable how Cutler can be, Denver only gets about half an INT per game.  Yikes.

There really isn't much on the WW. GB against TB is probably the best option and that's pretty dicey. TB doesn't give up a lot of sacks, but I think they are missing two lineman this week.
4 sacks seem likely - DET has given up 18 in 5 road games. Matthew has 5 strip sacks this year, which is second only to Savage.

I'd like to know more about this Charger D/ST? I like them a lot this week, as does most everyone else. Do they have the "IT" factor RoS?
Pretty good scheme by Gus Bradley (lousy HC but he was the architect of the Seahawks D 2009-12.) Big on accountability and peer pressure - give Lynn credit there. Bosa and Ingram get great pressure without blitzing. Among the best defensive backfields in the league, all 5 guys who see 65% or more snaps are having good or great seasons. Casey Hayward is rated CB1 by PFF and Trevor Williams has the best speed and is almost as good (moved up to CB13 on the season this week.)

Now Rodgers is back at practice and designated to return week 15. Packers won't be easy matchups in the playoffs any more. 

Now Rodgers is back at practice and designated to return week 15. Packers won't be easy matchups in the playoffs any more. 
From what I’ve heard there are A LOT of hurdles he has to clear before we just assume he gets clearance to play. GB doctors are notoriously cautious and 8 weeks is on the early end of his injury. I don’t think it’s a slam dunk he returns. Not to mention GB actually has to stay in playoff contention and hope those in front faulter. 

jrwall said:
From what I’ve heard there are A LOT of hurdles he has to clear before we just assume he gets clearance to play. GB doctors are notoriously cautious and 8 weeks is on the early end of his injury. I don’t think it’s a slam dunk he returns. Not to mention GB actually has to stay in playoff contention and hope those in front faulter. 
 Yeah I'm with you. I didn't think they'd let him even practice. But since he's practicing I assume he has a good shot at playing.

jrwall said:
I thought that my understanding of clavicle injuries in the past was that it was fairly straightforward.  They can measure the percent of bone that's healed (or the density or something), and once its past a certain threshold, it's good to go.

I'm locked in to the #1 seed so I grabbed Skins, Bears, & Panthers. I have options and played some keep-away. I've also insured that I make the wrong decision every single week gling forward. 

Have Detroit and was debating grabbing a 2nd D for next week, you like Det@TB over SEA@JAX or DAL@NYG?

Someone dropped SEA but next week is only good matchup.
Don’t love sea v Jax match up

I lean toward dal@nyg because I am hoping for bad to mediocre geno and sean lee is targeting giants game to be back.

Anybody liking LA RAMS on the road against Gabbert and the Cardinals? Seems like a top play this week.
Rams are very solid, no doubt. Dominated the first matchup. Obvious play for anyone that holds them - top 8 in FF points for defenses and top 6 ownership. They haven't generated any turnovers the last two weeks but I suspect that will change today. Not really a streamer defense but with 4 tough matchups in 5 weeks (11, 12, 14, & 15) I imagine they got dropped in a few leagues. Our owner has them on the bench for PHI @ SEA today, which seems like a bad lineup choice IMO.

Rams are very solid, no doubt. Dominated the first matchup. Obvious play for anyone that holds them - top 8 in FF points for defenses and top 6 ownership. They haven't generated any turnovers the last two weeks but I suspect that will change today. Not really a streamer defense but with 4 tough matchups in 5 weeks (11, 12, 14, & 15) I imagine they got dropped in a few leagues. Our owner has them on the bench for PHI @ SEA today, which seems like a bad lineup choice IMO.
I just dropped PHI D to pick up LA Rams for this week. We have no bench players. Gotta go percentages and match up. 

NYRAGE said:

I am in the same situation in one must-win today league where all the options look terrible.  Wolfe and Talib are both out for Denver today - I'm trying to decide if Cutler is still bad enough to start Denver's defense

There also no games where the weather angle can really be used.

All I have available (currently own CIN): CAR, TB, BUF, ATL, MIN, NYG, GB, AZ, DEN, IND, NYJ, CLE, MIA, SF, OAK.  I'm ####ed

I am in the same situation in one must-win today league where all the options look terrible.  Wolfe and Talib are both out for Denver today - I'm trying to decide if Cutler is still bad enough to start Denver's defense

There also no games where the weather angle can really be used.

All I have available (currently own CIN): CAR, TB, BUF, ATL, MIN, NYG, GB, AZ, DEN, IND, NYJ, CLE, MIA, SF, OAK.  I'm ####ed
OAK verus Geno seems like an attractive option. I'm starting the LAC over the Ravens but I see a ton of FGs for both sides in the DET @ BAL matchup.

OAK verus Geno seems like an attractive option. I'm starting the LAC over the Ravens but I see a ton of FGs for both sides in the DET @ BAL matchup.
The problem with OAK is that they don't generate turnovers - their first INT of the season came last week because the ball bounced off of two players and was caught by a OAK defender laying on his back.  Their seven total TO are worst in the league and 19 sacks are fourth worst in the league. 

I benched NE to play them this week. Hoping that wasn't a mistake.
Well that worked out well. NE got 20 in my league and Rams got 29 ( would have been 34 but those last garbage time dump offs got then over 300 yards).

It turns out that there were several good options. All three defenses that I had at one point (Balt, GB, Denver) had 15+. The Rams did well, too. The Titans did double digits, too.  Miami against Denver was another good match-up.

Chargers and bears did solid. Not spectacular but solid for me. Better than the lions I had prior 

Looking forward to Week 15/16 having locked a first round bye. Not a lot of solid wire options:

BUF: MIA / @NE

DEN: @IND / @WAS

DET: CHI / @CIN

NO: NYJ / ATL

DAL: @OAK / SEA

WAS: ARI / DEN

MIA: @BUF / @ KC

Thinking DEN and WAS are the best pairing for those weeks from the dregs here.

Had been thinking Buffalo for Week 15, but if Peterman is playing then Miami might be the better play.

Should I keep riding the LAC wave? Their weakness can be exploited with Perine. Hate to simply count on game flow taking that away.

Like most Ravens owners, not confident starting them @ PIT.

Vikings play Carolina next week.
Thanks, my bad was thinking the q was about wk 15. 

Choice has to be Bills here against the Colts, with NE a very close second against MIA.

Colts can put up points but it will be an outdoor game in BUF. Similarly MIA may be able to throw on NE and will likely need to given that they will be playing from behind. 

Jets can and likely will hang some points on DEN, and MIN/CAR is a little too dicey as both teams can play.

Thanks, my bad was thinking the q was about wk 15. 

Choice has to be Bills here against the Colts, with NE a very close second against MIA.

Colts can put up points but it will be an outdoor game in BUF. Similarly MIA may be able to throw on NE and will likely need to given that they will be playing from behind. 

Jets can and likely will hang some points on DEN, and MIN/CAR is a little too dicey as both teams can play.
I like New England in this scenario. Granted it was at home, but they put up good numbers against Miami a few short weeks ago and they continue to pick up steam on both sides of the ball.

Should I keep riding the LAC wave? Their weakness can be exploited with Perine. Hate to simply count on game flow taking that away.

Had been leaning toward starting them, but that's a good point. Still like them for the upside play.

Could pick up Cinci or Buffalo, but I don't think you can't start Buffalo if Peterman is in at QB -- too much of a risk that the game will get out of hand. Cinci is the safe play, but while Bears haven't been great, they also haven't been giving up big days to opposing Ds.

Had been leaning toward starting them, but that's a good point. Still like them for the upside play.

Could pick up Cinci or Buffalo, but I don't think you can't start Buffalo if Peterman is in at QB -- too much of a risk that the game will get out of hand. Cinci is the safe play, but while Bears haven't been great, they also haven't been giving up big days to opposing Ds.
We’ve beaten CIN to death, they’re not elite even in plus matchups. I have some WW options:

- GB @ CLE - coming off good game v TB

- NYJ @ DEN - can’t believe the Broncos go b2b crappy games against mediocre AFC East teams but you see weird stuff late season 

- CIN @ CHI - tempting but pass

- TEN @ ARI - another underwhelming unit

DAL @ NYG - semi-intriguing, who knows what the Giants mindset after b2b weeks of utter chaos. On paper this should be teams going in opposite directions. 

Might be best way to hold & just dance with the one I brung. Nothing compelling on the wire.

DAL @ NYG - semi-intriguing, who knows what the Giants mindset after b2b weeks of utter chaos. On paper this should be teams going in opposite directions. 
If Spags gives Eli his job back (which is rumored could happen), that would bump up against the "Never bet on or against Eli in the playoffs" rule.

Is Detroit done as a good FF defense this year? That was painful. Might have to roll with Houston for the playoffs or even pickup Miami off the ww

Is Detroit done as a good FF defense this year? That was painful. Might have to roll with Houston for the playoffs or even pickup Miami off the ww
I've had the 1st round bye locked in for 2 weeks so I went with Detroit without worry and don't need to use them next week but man... that was a painful game to have a stake in. For week 15, still like them against the Bears. Week 14 is a crap shoot. They are a match up play based on bad opponents, it's definitely not on the back of their own performances at this point.

Magic_Man said:
I have the chargers and Detroit right now. Could get the Steelers but I’m torn. Chargers against the skins seem solid with their o line being so decimated. Steelers at home against BAL seem like a solid option too though but their offense seems to have picked up.

The problem is the Steelers get the pats week 15 and chargers get the chiefs the same week. Chiefs had a strong offensive showing yesterday so I’m hesitant to play the chargers against them in arrowhead. Detroit gets the bears at home which seems like the much better matchup. 

Then week 16 chargers @jets who are putting up some points weekly. Steelers get HOU which I like a lot. 

I don’t know if I should just roster 3 defenses and play them week to week  

Maybe I’m just thinking too hard. 

I have the chargers and Detroit right now. Could get the Steelers but I’m torn. Chargers against the skins seem solid with their o line being so decimated. Steelers at home against BAL seem like a solid option too though but their offense seems to have picked up.

The problem is the Steelers get the pats week 15 and chargers get the chiefs the same week. Chiefs had a strong offensive showing yesterday so I’m hesitant to play the chargers against them in arrowhead. Detroit gets the bears at home which seems like the much better matchup. 

Then week 16 chargers @jets who are putting up some points weekly. Steelers get HOU which I like a lot. 

I don’t know if I should just roster 3 defenses and play them week to week  

Maybe I’m just thinking too hard. 
Too hard. I wouldn't keep 3 unless I really had no players on the ww to target

BobbyLayne said:
We’ve beaten CIN to death, they’re not elite even in plus matchups. I have some WW options:

- GB @ CLE - coming off good game v TB

- NYJ @ DEN - can’t believe the Broncos go b2b crappy games against mediocre AFC East teams but you see weird stuff late season 

- CIN @ CHI - tempting but pass

- TEN @ ARI - another underwhelming unit

Might be best way to hold & just dance with the one I brung. Nothing compelling on the wire.
Have you watched the cluster #### that is the broncos offense?  It could easily happen.

Users who are viewing this thread