What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018 Bold Predictions. In Loving Memory Of Limp Ditka (1 Viewer)

Which is what I said from the get-go, was the only way he falls out of the top 5. You, on the other hand, did nothing of the sort. 
 I did factor in the injury potential when saying not to keep Posey but I guess I did not explicitly say because he would get injured.  Bottom line is that catchers are not worth spending high draft capital in most fantasy leagues because of the injury risk that shuffles the top of the board most years. 

And the second you put Yadi in your 5 guys that would outperform Posey....

I will even name 6 guys:

Sanchez

Contreras

Wilson Ramos

Realmuto

Yadier

Salvador Perez

your 'Bottom line catcher is a brutal position and injury needs to be considered in projections.' defense goes right out he window

And the second you put Yadi in your 5 guys that would outperform Posey....

your 'Bottom line catcher is a brutal position and injury needs to be considered in projections.' defense goes right out he window
You have to pick someone to have a good season.  By my scoring system all of those guys I listed finished ahead of Posey except for Sanchez (who was injured for much of the season). 

Catcher is a brutal position and injury does need to be considered in projections.  Listing Yadi doesn't change that fact.  That is part of planting your flag and making your choices.  I chose to lower Posey more than others and was proven to be correct for last year.  They are all guesses anyway based on many factors.  I got this one right. 

Users who are viewing this thread